The world is starstruck watching the K-pop and K-drama personalities. One thing that stands out is their flawless skin. The best Korean face creams often contain herbs and natural ingredients. No wonder, today, Korean skincare and beauty brands are as much the rage as their movies and music. They rely more on naturally sourced products than the typical chemical ones.
There are a variety of Korean skincare brands offering face care products. And, we have listed some of the best for you to add to your vanity in this post.
15 Best Korean Face Creams
1. Best Moisturization: Belif The True Cream – Moisturizing Bomb
The clinically tested moisturizing cream claims to keep your skin plumped up for over a day. Known for providing a good dose of moisture, this cream claims to rejuvenate dull skin with healthy radiance and fresh glow. Its soft and white texture can effectively hydrate the skin and keep it supple and moisturized for almost 26 hours.
Item form: Cream | Scent: Raspberry |Special features: Dermatologically-tested, moisturizing | Skin type: All | Item weight: 1.7oz | Key ingredients: Glycerin, ceramide, apothecary herbs, comfrey leaf, oat extract, panthenol
- Contains natural ingredients
- Free of paraben, phthalates, sulfate, dyes and other harmful chemicals
- The lightweight formula gets quickly absorbed by the skin
- Suits sensitive skin
- Helps soften fine lines
- May not be effective on mature skin
- Fragrance may irritate a sensitive nose
2. Best Anti-Aging: InstaNatural Retinol Moisturizer
Fortified with vitamins A and C, this anti-aging face cream claims to reduce premature skin aging. It is meant to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and boost skin elasticity. The cream polish can help make the skin soft and look radiant. Infused with green tea, it fights ill-effects of exposure to the sun. If you want to know more about this product, here’s a video review showcasing a tester’s experience.
Item form: Lotion | Scent: Unscented |Special features: Cruelty-free, moisturizes, boosts cell renewal | Skin type: All | Item weight: 3.4oz | Key ingredients: Vitamins and C, hyaluronic acid, retinol, green tea extract
- Free of parabens, SLES, mineral oil, and other harmful chemicals
- Suitable for sensitive, acne-prone skin
- Manufactured in FDA-registered and GMP-compliant facilities
- Contains botanical ingredients
- Strong fragrance may not suit every buyer
- The company’s latest formula for product may differ from the earlier version
3. Best Skin Hydration: Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Cream
Klairs is one of the most popular Korean skincare brands that manufacture nourishing skincare products. This soothing cream is known for its light and quick absorbent texture. It hydrates the skin and helps reduce the appearance of large skin pores. Further, its gentle formula can help restore skin balance.. Learn more about this celebrity-endorsed product by watching this video.
Item form: Cream |Scent: Unscented |Special features: Moisturizing, cruelty-free, vegan-friendly | Skin type: Dry and sensitive skin | Item weight: 0.67oz | Key ingredients: Yeast-derived beta glucan, shea butter, ceramide 3, lipidure
- Helps soothe irritated, reddened skin
- Hydrates rough skin affected by harsh weather
- Contains plant extracts
- Suits for dry and sensitive skin
- Hydrating formula may not suit oily, acne-prone skin
- May not be the ideal choice to wear under makeup
Belif The True Cream - Moisturizing Bomb
InstaNatural Retinol Moisturizer
Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Cream
Best Skin Hydration
4. Best Skin Elasticity: Ladykin Affinitic Snail Cream
Enriched with snail secretion extract, this nourishing face cream claims to improve skin elasticity and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It is infused with vitamins A, C, and E that help keep the skin moisturized and fresh all day. It retains skin moisture to keep it smooth and soft. This review video will provide you with added insights about the product.
- Cream comes housed in a distinct snail shape packaging
- Contains plant-based ingredients
- Helps purify skin and tighten enlarged pores
- Does not have a strong fragrance
- May not be suitable to use under makeup
5. Best For Senstive Skin: L’aturajeu 10-Free Korean Cactus Moisturizer Cream
This dermatologist-tested cactus skin moisturizer claims to keep your skin plumped up for 24 hours. Vitamin C helps brighten and replenish the skin. It is suitable for sensitive skin.
- The highly hydrating formula helps replenish dry skin
- Quick-absorption cream does not make skin feel sticky
- Keeps skin moisturized all day long
- Suitable for normal-to-dry skin
- Free from paraben, dyes, sulfates and other harmful chemicals
- The cream may seem greasy
- The deep nourishing formula may not suit acne-prone skin
6. Best For Glossy Effect: Etude House Moistfull Collagen Cream
Yearning for glossy skin? Perhaps this heavy-duty hydrating face cream might help you. Infused with collagen water particles, the brand claims the cream can provide deep nourishment to make your skin look shiny and soft.
Item form: Cream |Scent: Apricot |Special features: Intense hydration, hypoallergenic, dermatologist-tested | Skin type: All | Item weight: 2.53oz | Key ingredients: Super collagen water, apricot, lupinus albus protein
- The glossy effect lasts for 12 hours
- Watery-gel formula gets quickly absorbed into the skin
- Hydrates skin for long without making it look greasy
- Has a strong citrus smell
- Suitable for daily use
- May not suit sensitive, oily skin
7. Best Natural Toner: Ginseng Green Tea Retinol Sensitive Skin Night Cream
This is not just a night cream but also a natural toner. Enriched with ginseng green tea, the cream claims to brighten skin by providing natural toning. Its non-comedogenic formula is suitable for sensitive skin. Aloe vera and cucumber extracts present in the cream help hydrate and soothe dry, irritated skin.
Item form: Cream |Scent: Ginseng green tea |Special features: pH balanced, natural fragrance | Skin type: All | Item weight: 1.7oz | Key ingredients: Hyaluronic acid, ginseng green tea, vitamin E
- Helps improve blood circulation
- Repairs damaged skin
- Maintains skin’s pH balance
- Free from parabens, sulfates, SLS, and gluten
- Suits all skin types
- Pricey for a small tub
- Plant-based vegan formula tends to sting a little
8. Best Skin Brightening: 2B Beautiful Revolutionary Snail Repair Cream
This hyaluronic acid cream is packed with extracts of snail secretion and plants to provide visible results, such as skin brightening and firming along with deep hydration.
Item form: Cream |Scent: Natural fragrance |Special features: Anti-aging properties, moisturizing, cruelty-free | Skin type: All | Item weight: 2.53oz | Key ingredients: Hyaluronic acid, snail extract, peptides, plant extracts
- May reduce the superficial appearance of wrinkles
- Smoothens the skin texture
- Boosts natural collagen and improves elasticity
- Makes skin supple and radiant
- Free of artificial coloring, sulfates, and phthalates
- Not suitable for sensitive, acne-prone skin
9. Best For Glowing Skin:I Dew Care Brightening Vitamin C Cream
Elevate your daily skincare routine with the powerful yet lightweight moisturizer by I Dew Care. It is infused with lemon and banana extracts to give the skin a healthy glow, and vitamin C, glycerin, and niacinamide to provide hydration and nourishment to the skin. It helps even the skin tone and reduces the appearance of dark spots, hyperpigmentation, and dullness.
Item form: Cream |Scent: Lemon |Special features: Non-sticky, moisturizing | Skin type: All | Item weight: 1.69oz | Key ingredients: Ascorbic acid, glycerin , lemon, niacinamide, panthenol, pentylene glycol, propanediol, vitamins C & E
- Dermatologically tested
- Quick-absorbing formula
- Contains antioxidants
- Free of parabens
- Cruelty-free and vegan-friendly
- Tube might be smaller than expected
- Might be slightly sticky
10. Best Non-Comedogenic: SeoulCeuticals Snail Repair Cream
Snail extract creams are popular because of their skin-repairing properties and are a key element in Korean skincare routine. This cream contains not only snail secretion known as mucin, but also shea butter, organic aloe, jojoba oil, and vitamin E. This cream claims to maintain youthful, healthy skin.
Item form: Cream |Scent: Citrus |Special features: Non-comedogenic, anti-aging, cruelty-free | Skin type: All | Item weight: 2oz | Key ingredients: Snail secretion filtrate, vitamins E and B5, organic green tea
- Helps reduce wrinkles and dark spots
- Softens skin and improves elasticity
- Brightens and tightens skin
- Non-comedogenic formula
- The formula can feel greasy and sticky
- May not suit sensitive skin
11. Best For All Skin Types: Nature Republic Super Aqua Max Combination Water Cream
Made with Kona Deep Sea Water, the cream is claimed to contain 90 trace minerals. This hydrogel face cream can rejuvenate tired and dull skin. It can keep the skin moisturized for over 24 hours.
Item form: Cream |Scent: Light scent |Special features: Hydrating and moisturizing | Skin type: All | Item weight: 2.72oz | Key ingredients: Kona deep sea water, dimethicone, glycerine
- Made of plant extracts
- Comes with a mild fragrance
- Suitable for all skin types
- Can cause slight itching in some cases
12. Best Lightweight Formula: Teatoc Green Tea Water Cream
Tired of face creams that make your skin shine and look oily? Here is a lightweight water-based cream that can leave your skin looking fresh and dewy. It contains green tea extracts, known for their antioxidants, and helps fight dryness and dullness, and can be an excellent addition to your daily skincare routine. It clears oil and dirt to give you healthy-looking skin.
- Helps restore skin elasticity and lighten blemishes
- Free of paraben, artificial pigment, sulfates, silicone, and other harmful chemicals
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- The texture tends to get sticky
- Fragrance may not appeal to every user
13. Best Versatile: Mizon All In One Snail Repair Cream
The snail skin repair cream aims to address multiple skin problems and works on the damaged skin barrier. Containing snail mucus extract, the cream claims to cover signs of wrinkles and blemishes. It boosts skin elasticity and gives it a soft, glowing, and youthful appearance.
Item form: Cream |Scent: Fragrance-free |Special features: Lightweight, anti-wrinkle, cruelty-free | Skin type: Sensitive | Item weight: 2.5oz | Key ingredients: Snail mucin, centella Asiatica, mugwort extract, raspberry extract
- Effectively works against signs of aging
- Helps repair tired skin to make it look plump and fresh
- Free from parabens, fragrance, and artificial color
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- The product may not suit severe acne cases
- May not be as hydrating as expected
14. Best For Dry Skin:Comfort Zone Hydramemory Cream
The Comfort Zone Hydramemory Cream is a powerful yet lightweight hydrating face cream that nourishes the skin and leaves it soft and glowing. This cream helps maintain the skin’s natural pH level and offers various benefits, including softer, smoother-looking skin, and provides long-lasting hydration to your dry skin. It is infused with moringa oil and macro hyaluronic acid that help lock in moisture and make the skin look plump and even.
- Can be used as a night cream and day moisturizer
- Provides 24-hour hydration
- Free of silicones, SLES, and SLS
- Improves skin elasticity
- Might not be suitable for sensitive skin
15. Best Fragrance-Free:CeraVe Skin Renewing Night Cream
CeraVe’s Skin Renewing night cream is formulated to give skin the hydration and nourishment it needs. It is enriched with skin-loving ingredients such as niacinamide, peptide complex, and hyaluronic acid to hydrate and soothe the skin. This night cream works overnight to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and restore a radiant complexion.
- Fragrance-free and non-irritating formula
- Helps repair the skin barrier
- Formulated with three essential ceramides
- Consistency may be a bit thick
How To Choose The Right Korean Face Cream?
Korean face creams cater to different skin needs and requirements. In order to choose the right face cream, you may need to consider the following points.
- Skin suitability: The first thing to look out for when buying any face cream is to see if it is formulated to suit your skin type. Choose the products that are created for your skin type. Korean face creams come with skin suitability written over its package. So, it becomes easy for you to buy the right one.
- Ingredients: If you have gone through our list above, you would have noticed that most Korean products are plant-based. They contain extracts of various plants and herbs. If you are allergic to certain plants or chemicals, check the ingredients of the cream you intend to buy.
- Price: Lastly, look for the price of the product. K-beauty face creams are generally known to be budget-friendly. However, some exclusive products come at a high price because they offer a ton of benefits. For some users, products that offer long-term anti-aging benefits are more of an investment than expenditure.
Korean skincare is not a temporary fad. Its effectiveness in maintaining good skin is constantly creating new followers every day. Have you ever tried a Korean face cream or just any other K-beauty product? Do share your experience with us in the comments section below.
Dr. Dmitriy Schwarzburg, a Board-certified cosmetic dermatologist, says, “Paraben is found in various moisturizers and is often an ingredient that most of us try to avoid because it has been correlated with hormonal imbalances in women and a potential increase in the risk of developing cancer. So, opt for botanical ingredients as they are naturally sourced, making the product less chemically complex.”
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I apply Korean face creams to my face?
Korean beauty brands offer a range of products that are supposed to be used in a certain order for them to be most effective. These face creams can offer the best results when used after applying a serum or before applying a sunscreen.
2. Can face creams be used under the eyes?
While some face creams are formulated to be gentle and are also ophthalmologist-tested and doctor-recommended, it is best to invest in an eye cream if the cream you use causes irritation around your eyes.
3. Can Korean face creams work for oily, acne-prone skin?
If you have oily and acne-prone skin, you can look for water-based or gel-based face creams that are lightweight and formulated with green tea, vitamin C, and other gentle ingredients.
Why Trust MomJunction?
A passionate writer, Poulami Nag, shares a deep interest in beauty and personal care products. With several years of experience in reviewing products from around the world, Poulami has compiled this buying guide and product list of the best Korean face creams for you. She has extensively researched user reviews and feedback in her stride to pick the best ones for her readers.
Skincare experts and enthusiasts have lauded the Korean beauty industry for their extensive yet effective skincare routines and products that leave the skin looking healthy and youthful. Our list of the best Korean face creams includes products with natural and potent ingredients that treat several skin problems, resulting in clear, glass-like skin. However, before choosing the right face cream, ensure it suits your skin type and does not contain ingredients that may irritate your skin. Moreover, make sure the cream addresses your specific needs, such as the anti-aging ingredient-enriched InstaNatural Retinol Moisturizer, the hydrating Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Cream, and the brightening I Dew Care Brightening Vitamin C Cream to suit your requirements.
Infographics: Reasons For The Rising Popularity Of Korean Face Creams
Usually, Korean face creams are plant-based or infused with natural ingredients and are gentle on the skin. These creams can repair the skin and make it firm and appealing. In addition, they may also prevent moisture loss based on the ingredients they contain. Look at the infographic below to know the reasons in detail.
- Best Korean BB Creams
- Best Korean Toners For Your Skin
- Best Korean Cleansers
- Best Exfoliators For Dry Skin