The world is starstruck watching the K-pop and K-drama personalities. One thing that stands out is their flawless skin. The best Korean face creams often contain herbs and natural ingredients. No wonder, today, Korean skincare and beauty brands are as much the rage as their movies and music. They rely more on naturally sourced products than the typical chemical ones.
There are a variety of Korean skincare brands offering face care products. And, we have listed some of the best for you to add to your vanity in this post.
Our Top Picks
15 Best Korean Face Cream
1. Best Moisturization: Belif The True Cream – Moisturizing Bomb
This moisturizing cream claims to keep your skin plumped up for over a day. Known for providing a good dose of moisture, this cream claims to rejuvenate dull skin with healthy radiance and fresh glow. Its soft and white texture can effectively hydrate the skin and keep it supple and moisturized for almost 26 hours.
- Contains natural ingredients
- Free of paraben, phthalates, sulfate, dyes and other harmful chemicals
- The lightweight formula gets quickly absorbed by the skin
- Suits sensitive skin
- Helps soften fine lines
- May not be very effective for mature skin
- Fragrance may irritate a sensitive nose
2. Best Anti-Aging: InstaNatural Retinol Moisturizer
Fortified with vitamins A and C, this moisturizer claims to provide anti-aging benefits. It is meant to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and boost skin elasticity. The cream polish can help make the skin soft and look radiant. Infused with green tea, it fights ill-effects of exposure to the sun. If you want to know more about this product, here’s a video worth watching.
- Free of parabens, SLES, mineral oil, and other harmful chemicals
- Suitable for sensitive, acne-prone skin
- Manufactured in FDA-registered and GMP-compliant facilities
- Contains botanical ingredients
- Strong fragrance may not suit every buyer
- The company’s latest formula for product may differ from the earlier version
3. Best Skin Hydration: Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Cream
Klairs is one of the most popular Korean skincare brands. This soothing cream is known for its light and quick absorbent texture. It claims to hydrate the skin and help reduce the appearance of large pores. Its gentle formula can help restore skin balance. Learn more about this product by watching this video.
- Helps soothe irritated, reddened skin
- Hydrates rough skin affected by harsh weather
- Contains plant extracts
- Suits for dry and sensitive skin
- Hydrating formula may not suit oily, acne-prone skin
- May not be the ideal choice to wear under makeup
4. Best Skin Elasticity: Ladykin Affinitic Snail Cream
Enriched with snail secretion extract, this cream claims to improve skin elasticity and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It is infused with vitamins A, C, and E that help keep the skin moisturized and fresh all day. It retains skin moisture to keep it smooth and soft. This video will provide you with added insights about the product.
- The cream comes housed in a distinct snail shape packaging
- Contains plant-based ingredients
- Helps purify skin and tighten enlarged pores
- Does not have a strong fragrance
- May not be suitable to use under makeup
5. Best For Senstive Skin: L’ATURAJEU 10-Free Korean Cactus Moisturizer Cream
This cactus skin moisturizer claims to keep your skin plumped up for 24 hours. Vitamin C helps brighten and replenish the skin. It is suitable for sensitive skin.
- The highly hydrating formula helps replenish dry skin
- Quick-absorption cream does not make skin feel sticky
- Keeps skin moisturized all day long
- Suitable for normal-to-dry skin
- Free from paraben, dyes, sulfates and other harmful chemicals
- The cream may seem greasy
- The deep nourishing formula may not suit acne-prone skin
6. Best For Glossy Effect: Etude House Moistfull Collagen Cream
Yearning for glossy skin? Perhaps this heavy-duty moisturizer might help you. Infused with collagen water particles, the brand claims the cream can provide deep nourishment to make your skin look shiny and soft.
- The glossy effect lasts for 12 hours
- Watery-gel formula gets quickly absorbed into the skin
- Hydrates skin for long without making it look greasy
- Has a strong citrus smell
- Suitable for daily use
- May not suit sensitive, oily skin
7. Best Natural Toner: Ginseng Green Tea Retinol Sensitive Skin Night Cream
This is not just a night cream but also a natural toner. Enriched with ginseng green tea, the cream claims to brighten skin by providing natural toning. Its non-comedogenic formula is suitable for sensitive skin. Aloe vera and cucumber extracts present in the cream help hydrate and soothe dry, irritated skin.
- Helps improve blood circulation
- Repairs damaged skin
- Maintains skin’s pH balance
- Free from parabens, sulfates, SLS, and gluten
- Suits all skin types
- Pricey for a small tub
- Plant-based vegan formula tends to sting a little
8. Best Skin Brightening: 2B Beautiful Revolutionary Snail Repair Cream
Packed with extracts of snail secretion, plants, and hyaluronic acid, this cream claims to offer multiple benefits, such as skin brightening and firming along with skin hydration. It not only stops skin aging but also reverses signs of aging to give you healthy-looking skin.
- Reduces wrinkles and smoothens skin texture
- Boosts natural collagen and improves elasticity
- Makes skin supple and radiant
- Free of artificial coloring, sulfates, and phthalates
- Not suitable for sensitive, acne-prone skin
9. Best Antioxidant: Skin Food Royal Honey 100 Hour Moisture Cream
Honey is known for its anti-bacterial and antioxidant properties. And this moisturizing honey cream claims to help soothe irritated skin while providing intense nourishment. It offers 100-hour hydration to the skin.
- Replenishes the skin and plumps it up
- Free of mineral oils, triclosan, triethanolamine, polyacrylamide, and other unwanted chemicals
- Does not contain fragrance
- Suits dry skin
- The deeply nourishing formula may get greasy
- Not suitable for severe skin conditions such as rosacea
10. Best Non-Comedogenic: SeoulCeuticals Snail Repair Cream
Snail extract creams are popular because of their skin-repairing properties. This cream contains not only snail secretion known as mucin, but also shea butter, organic aloe, jajoba oil, and vitamin E. This cream claims to maintain youthful, healthy skin.
- Helps reduce wrinkles and dark spots
- Softens skin and improves elasticity
- Brightens and tightens skin
- Non-comedogenic formula
- The formula can feel greasy and sticky
- May not suit sensitive skin
11. Best For All Skin Types: Nature Republic Super Aqua Max Combination Water Cream
Made with Kona Deep Sea Water, the cream is claimed to contain 90 trace minerals. This water-based cream can rejuvenate tired and dull skin. It can keep the skin moisturized for over 24-hours.
- Made of plant extracts
- Comes with a mild fragrance
- Suitable for all skin types
- Can cause slight itching in some cases
12. Best Lightweight Formula: Teatoc Green Tea Water Cream
Tired of face creams that make your skin shine and look oily? Here is a lightweight water-based cream that claims to leave your skin looking fresh and dewy. It contains green tea extracts, known for their antioxidants, and helps fight dryness and dullness. It clears oil and dirt to give you healthy-looking skin.
- Helps improve skin elasticity and lighten blemishes
- Free of paraben, artificial pigment, sulfates, silicone, and other harmful chemicals
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- The texture tends to get sticky
- Fragrance may not appeal to every user
13. Best Versatile: Mizon All In One Snail Repair Cream
This snail skin repair cream +aims to address multiple skin problems. Containing snail mucus extract, the cream claims to cover signs of wrinkles and blemishes. It boosts skin elasticity and leaves it soft and glowing; repairs acne scars and reduces appearance of large skin pores.
- Effectively works against signs of aging
- Helps repair tired skin to make it look plump and fresh
- Free from parabens, fragrance, and artificial color
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- The product may not suit severe acne cases
- May not be as hydrating as expected
14. Best For Dry Skin: Dr. Color Effect Red Cream
This day-and-night cream claims to provide skin firming effect to give you smooth skin. Loaded with antioxidants, it helps brighten and lighten the skin. A blend of several fruit extracts, the cream hydrates skin and protects it from sun damage. It fights skin dullness and darkness.
• Moisturizes skin without making it feel sticky
• Antioxidant formula helps fight signs of aging
• Soothing light cream for dry skin
• Smells of fresh roses
• People who dislike the smell of roses may not like its fragrance
• May not be effective on mature skin
15. Best Hypoallergenic: Nella Whitening and Brightening Tone-Up Cream
This tone-up cream contains plant extracts that help brighten the skin tone. It claims to moisturize the skin and improve its elasticity to keep skin aging at bay.
• Helps give skin the radiant pearly white effect
• Makes skin look smooth and clean
• Is hypoallergenic
• The whitening effect may not appeal to every user
• May not suit oily skin
How To Choose The Best Korean Face Cream?
Korean face creams cater to different skin needs and requirements. In order to choose the right face cream, you may need to consider the following points.
- Skin suitability: The first thing to look out for when buying any face cream is to see if it is formulated to suit your skin type. Choose the products that are created for your skin type. Korean face creams come with skin suitability written over its package. So, it becomes easy for you to buy the right one.
- Ingredients: If you have gone through our list above, you would have noticed that most Korean products are plant-based. They contain extracts of various plants and herbs. If you are allergic to certain plants or chemicals, check the ingredients of the cream you intend to buy.
- Price: Lastly, look for the price of the product. Korean skincare products are known to be mostly budget-friendly. However, some exclusive products come at a high price because they offer a ton of benefits. For some users, products that offer long-term anti-aging effects are more of an investment than expenditure.
Korean skincare is not a temporary fad. Its effectiveness in maintaining good skin is constantly creating new followers every day. Have you ever tried a Korean face cream or just any other K-beauty product? Do share your experience with us in the comments section below.
Why Trust MomJunction?
A passionate writer, Poulami Nag, shares a deep interest in beauty and personal care products. With several years of experience in reviewing products from around the world, Poulami has compiled this buying guide and product list of the best Korean face creams for you. She has extensively researched user reviews and feedback in her stride to pick the best ones for her readers.
Skincare experts and enthusiasts have lauded the Korean beauty industry for their extensive yet effective skincare routines and products that leave the skin looking healthy and youthful. Our list of the best Korean face creams includes products with natural and potent ingredients that treat several skin problems, resulting in clear, glass-like skin. However, before choosing the right face cream, ensure it suits your skin type and does not contain ingredients that may irritate your skin. Moreover, make sure the cream addresses your specific needs, such as anti-aging, hydration, brightening, and more, to suit your requirements.
- Best Korean BB Creams
- Best Korean Toners For Your Skin
- Best Korean Cleansers
- Best Exfoliators For Dry Skin