If there’s one thing you can learn from Korean beauty, it’s their skin and hair care routine. Find the best Korean shampoo to enjoy bouncy, silky, and healthy hair. Choosing the right Korean botanical shampoos will work if you are looking for a change in your hair care routine to rescue it from hair concerns like dry hair, split ends, and hair fall. Read through the post to pick the one that suits your requirements.
Our Top Picks
11 Best Korean Shampoos
1. Best For Hair Growth: Mise En Scene Perfect Serum Golden Morocco Argan Oil Original Shampoo
Mise En Scene perfect serum shampoo gently clarifies dust build-up, increases hydration, and decreases split ends. Its key ingredient, golden morocco argan oil, helps revitalize dry hair. This shampoo is a blend of seven different oils that encourage hair growth, shine, hydration, relieve scalp irritation, etc.
- Suitable for damaged hair
- Fruity floral fragrance
- No mineral oils
- No harmful chemicals
- May be a bit slippery when spilled on the floor
2. Best For Dandruff: LG ReenYungo Hair Cleansing Treatment Shampoo
The shampoo helps remove dandruff and dust build-up, nourishing your hair roots. You can enjoy the scent of this shampoo all day. It is formulated with a blend of Korean herbs and Ginseng to make your hair healthy, clean, and nourished.
- Essence plus treatment
- Easy to use
- Shiny hair
- May not suit curly hair
3. Best For Sensitive Scalp: Kundal Honey & Macadamia Cherry Blossom Shampoo
Kundal honey and macadamia shampoo has 46 natural ingredients and five essential oils to provide healthy and nourishing hair. Zero harsh chemicals ensure the shampoo is ideal for sensitive scalps and children. The essential oils help keep the hair hydrated and nourished.
- Silicone-and phthalate-free
- Feminine, cherry blossom scent
- EWG green-graded ingredients
- May not be suitable for people sensitive to Macadamia nut
4. Best For Hair Strengthening: Amos Professional O2 Scalp Nourish Green Tea Shampoo Fresh
Specially formulated with white leaf green tea, it contains three times the amino acids than the regular variants. This green tea helps strengthen the hair and boost the re-growth of hair follicles. The shampoo helps control oily scalp and keeps the hair healthy.
- Silicone and oil-free
- Mild formula
- Treats hair loss
- Unisex product
- May be greasy
5. Best For Hair Loss Prevention: Premium TS Hair Loss Prevention Shampoo
TS hair loss prevention shampoo is formulated to help prevent hair loss and deliver thick hair. This shampoo is packed with biotin, vitamin B3, essential oils, panthenol, and other powerful ingredients, which help stimulate hair growth, prevent hair loss and hair breakage. The shampoo is infused with 30 active ingredients to help prevent hair thinning, promote positive hair health, and reduce hair shedding. Check out this video for an unbiased review of the shampoo.
- No artificial color
- No synthetic perfume
- May give a peculiar smell
6. Best For Hydrated Hair: Village 11 Factory Perfect-day Anti Hair Loss Shampoo
Formulated with botanical extracts from iris roots, this shampoo helps provide intense, shiny, and hydrated hair. The natural ingredients present in the shampoo provide nutrition to the hair and scalp. It helps reduce hair loss and obtain healthy hair growth. This shampoo doesn’t leave any residue and makes you feel relaxed all day.
- Unisex product
- Hair growth may be slow
7. Best For Treating Hair Damage: Scapes Untold Beauty ApothehairKorean Ginseng Signature Scalp Care Shampoo
Scapes Untold Beauty’s shampoo is uniquely formulated with Ginseng and nine other Korean herbs that help keep your scalp hydrated. It helps you deal with hair loss and hair damage. The key ingredient, Ginseng, helps prevent hair loss, promote hair growth, and reduce hair loss. The shampoo helps strengthen the hair, restore color to grey hair, lock in moisture, deep cleanse the scalp, and support the roots and strands.
- Herbal fragrance
- No mineral oil
- May not lather well
8. Best For Nourishing Hair Follicles: Ryo Hair Loss Expert Care Shampoo
Ryo hair loss expert care shampoo is specially formulated with Ginseng extract from roots, stems, leaves, and fruits. It offers intense nourishment to the hair follicles and scalp. This shampoo helps remove excess oils from the scalp and maintains the moisture level. Ginseng is combined with other natural ingredients to help eliminate dandruff and cleanse the scalp. The shampoo also helps add volume to the hair, treating itchy and dry scalp.
- Synthetic colorant-free
- Helps protect hair fiber
- No mineral oil
- May have a strong smell
9. Best For pH Restoration: Doctorcos Cashmere Protein Shampoo
The all-in-one solution helps nourish the hair and cleanse the scalp without needing a conditioner. It contains high-quality keratin extracted from the soft undercoat of cashmere goats, which helps safeguard the hair cuticle and prevents external damage. The anti-breakage formula restores the pH level by cleansing the scalp, locking the moisture, reducing dryness, and rejuvenating the hair follicles. In addition, it naturally promotes hair growth, offering thick and shiny hair.
- Lathers well
- Helps remove DHT
- Great scent
- May not control frizz
10. Best Hypoallergenic: Amipure Like ANopoo Shampoo
Amipure shampoo is mild and made from EWG 1-rated ingredients. The shampoo doesn’t contain any potentially harmful surfactants and is made of amino acids and polysaccharides. It penetrates the hair follicles to help remove excess dirt and sebum to maintain oil-water balance. People with sensitive scalp can use this shampoo without the fear of irritation and itchiness.
- Strong hydrating effect
- pH balanced
- May not lather well
11. Best Vegan: Whamisa Organic Seeds Shampoo
The organic seeds shampoo by Wham is a is specially formulated with barley seeds, yuzu, and apple extracts to help maintain the scalp’s oil-water balance by providing soothing properties. This shampoo is infused with a natural surfactant – palm kernel, which helps moisturize and clean the scalp. Certain ingredients in this shampoo undergo fermentation to boost their nutritional content.
- Rich fragrance
- Designed to match the scalp’s natural acidity level
- May cause dryness
How To Choose The Right Korean Shampoo?
Here are a few points to consider before buying a Korean shampoo.
- Ingredients: Most Korean shampoos use botanical extracts, natural ingredients, or critical ingredients, such as Ginseng, that help promote healthy hair growth. Ensure your Korean shampoo is formulated free of harmful chemicals. Select a shampoo with ingredients that help treat your hair fall, oily scalp, dryness, etc.
- Scalp type: People with oily scalp need to pick a shampoo that can treat excess oil production and maintain the scalp’s pH level. Those with dry scalp should choose a shampoo that can reduce flakes, increase moisture, and treat scalp irritation.
- Hair type: Thick, medium, and thin hair need different treatments. Pick a Korean shampoo that addresses the needs of your hair.
Korean shampoos help treat your scalp and hair to promote hair growth and scalp health. We hope our list of the best Korean shampoos can help you pick the right one.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Poulami Nag is a product writer specializing in haircare and skincare products. Her extensive knowledge and a keen interest in the topic enable her to deliver well-researched articles. In this post, she has listed some of the best Korean shampoos for silky and healthy hair, prioritizing your requirements. Each product includes detailed specifications about its formulation, type, and more. You will also find a buying guide to help you make the right choice.
Koreans are not only known for their clear glass skin but also their luscious hair. So, if you want to try the Korean hair care routine, our list of the best Korean shampoos for healthy, shiny tresses can help you out. These products are infused with the goodness of Korean herbs and other nourishing ingredients to cleanse your scalp and leave your hair soft and lustrous. However, before selecting the right shampoo, ensure it contains natural, plant-based ingredients, such as Ginseng, to promote hair growth. Also, choose a formula best suited to your unique scalp and hair type.
- Best Natural Hair Products For Kids
- Best Hair Products For Wavy Hair
- Best SheaMoisture Shampoos
- Best Herbal Essence Shampoos