If you’re someone who uses a laptop for long periods, our list of the best laptop stands for couches is for you. Prolonged use of laptops could strain your back, impact your posture, and may also affect your productivity. A laptop stand would help solve these issues. These stands come with an adjustable height, allowing you to customize the height without compromising your posture and comfort. They are also compact, and a few come with additional features, including separate sections for the mouse, cooling fans, or storage spaces.
So, explore the options listed below to find one that suits your needs.
No products Found
Benefits Of Using Laptop Stand
Here are some benefits of using a laptop stand.
- Better posture: Using a laptop stand can help you maintain a perfect posture while using your laptop for a prolonged time. With the adjustable features available in most laptop stands, you can set the height to your eye level for a comfortable position while working.
- Reduced heating: The laptop stands, with a cooling fan can reduce overheating and protects the laptop from prolonged use.
- Typing ergonomics: Laptops are usually designed in a compact form with little space for typing. There is barely any space to rest your wrists while typing, and this makes its prolonged use tiring. A well-designed wide surface laptop stand can offer additional support to your hands while you type and make long working hours comfortable.
11 Best Laptop Stands For Couch And Beds
The foldable laptop stand cum desk by Lifelong is a compact piece of furniture that can be used for various purposes. It is made of high-quality material with a sturdy construction. You can use the laptop table both in your bed and on your desk to work while standing.
The table measures 23.5 x 15.75 x 1.75 inches and is suitable for larger laptops. You can also place your smartphone or tablet in the designated area to set the device horizontally or vertically while watching your favorite show. Further, the foldable design and built-in carrying handle of this lap-friendly laptop stand make it easy to transport and store.
- Built-in cup holder
- Features a storage drawer
- Doubles as a bed tray for eating
- Surface may be slippery
- May not be as stable as a stationary desk
Work from home with ease on your bed, desk, or even your couch with the versatile Desk York adjustable laptop table. The portable laptop stand can be used for laptops of varying sizes and helps you work without worrying about back aches. Thanks to the height adjustability feature, you can ensure the table is placed per your preferences.
The table allows you to place the mouse mat both in a left-sided or right-sided manner to ensure comfort whether you’re left-handed or right-handed. When not in use, you can store the ergonomic laptop table by folding its legs.
- Includes a non-slip mouse mat
- Features silent cooling fans
- Includes stoppers
- Easy-to-assemble legs
- May wobble on uneven surfaces
- Mouse pad may be smaller than expected
The adjustable laptop stand for bed is designed with a cooling pad that protects your laptop from heating. It is suitable for use while working on your bed, couch, work desk, or even when you are lying down. Its smart ergonomic design allows you to tilt the desktop tray at any comfortable angle.
Made from aluminum, the well-ventilated laptop stand is sturdy, lightweight, and equipped with cooling pads to protect your laptop from overheating. The stand has foldable legs, and there is a wide detachable mouse pad that can add comfort while using the table. Its height is adjustable from 2in to 18in, and the panel can rotate 180° that can be locked at the required angle. The table weighs only 1.8lb and measures19x2x11in. If you are still unsure, check out this honest review.
- Easy to use
- Compact and portable
- May wobble
- Material may not be sturdy
Innovation meets functionality in the premium-quality Levo G2 rolling laptop workstation designed for laptops, tablets, and art. While it can be your best pal when you work from home, it also doubles as a desk for your child as they do their homework.
Its anodized aluminum construction imparts the desk durability, sturdiness, and stability while ensuring no bouncing or tipping while typing, making it the ideal sofa laptop stand. In addition, the stand can easily accommodate laptops up to 17 inches,, and the wheels facilitate easy portability as you move the stand from one room to another.
- Angle and height-adjustable laptop stand
- Features a mouse platform
- Locking castors to prevent the desk from rolling while working
- Low-profile base
- Flanges that hold the laptop in place may dig into wrists
- Some may find the stand bulky
The large laptop table is a smartly designed sturdy desk that can be used at home or office. The laptop tray can be tilted at an angle from 0° to 36°, and the height can be adjusted from 9.4in to 12.6in. The table weighs only 2.61lb and includes a one-year limited warranty. Its surface can accommodate up to a 17in notebook, and its dimensions are 23.62x13x0.4in.
- Portable desk
- Holds the laptop well
- No assembly required
- May be too high
- May not be sturdy
The Saiji laptop table has a PVC leather surface giving you a sturdy, textured surface that allows traction and avoids the laptop from sliding. It has a little drawer on the side to store your mouse and other laptop accessories. The legs of this stable laptop stand are foldable, making it a portable option which is also easy to store.
There are two auto-lock buttons on both sides of the lap desk to adjust the height at five pre-set options ranging from 9.4in to 12.6in. The surface angle can be changed at three different angles from 0° to 35°. It has a 12-month replacement warranty, weighs 6.12lb, and measures 23.6×12.6x1in.
- No assembly required
- Slider of the drawer may not be smooth
- Legs may wobble
The AboveTek portable laptop desk is a versatile accessory that allows users to work comfortably from their bed, couch, or any other place. The desk features a retractable mouse pad that ensures you don’t need another stand or table to operate your mouse.
Additionally, the lightweight laptop stand is super compact, making it easy to carry and store. You can easily store the laptop desk in your backpack as you step out, as it is 0.6 inch thick and weighs 2.2lb. It is a great solution for those who work or study from home or a cafe and need a comfortable and portable workstation.
- Non-slip surface keeps the laptop in place
- Ergonomic design reduces strain on neck and back
- Compatible with laptops up to 15.6 inches
- Mouse pad can be extended both to the left and right
- May not be suitable for gaming laptops
- May not provide enough ventilation for laptop
The 360° Swivel TV Tray is designed with a large bamboo tray and is ideal for laptops or for having dinner. When not in use, the bed laptop stand’s tray can be pivoted to the couch’s side, occupying no space. The tray measures 20x15in and is adjustable to a height of 32in.
The base can be adjusted from 25in to 35in and can be easily assembled without any tools. It can withstand up to 30lb weight and is equipped with dual-sided rubber stability pads that avoid floor damage while adjusting the tray. The table weighs 19.9lb and measures 29.5x18x24in.
- Easy to assemble
- Easily adjustable
- May wobble
- Anchor bar may be too long to fit under the chair
The snack table is a multipurpose rolling cart equipped with stackable compartments beneath the surface tray. It is a C-shaped serving tray with storage shelves made of high-grade particleboard and a 1.2in thick metal frame. The height is adjustable from 28.3in to 35.4in and can also be rolled around with its four casters. The assembly takes around 30min, and the table has 18-month quality assurance. It weighs 28lb and measures 32.5×15.7×28.3in.
- Easy to assemble
- Lockable casters
- May wobble
- Stand may be relatively high
- Does not have assembly instructions
The Cooper Desk table has a wide surface to fit up to 17in wide laptop easily. It is made from an aluminum alloy frame and has a premium faux-leather finish that allows you to hold your laptop firmly on the surface. The friction-free legs of this couch laptop stand are foldable, allowing easy storage of the table when not in use.
The table is adjustable to five different heights ranging from 10in to 15in. The multi-angle laptop stand offers four table tilt options — from 0° to 36° — and the surface is lined with a wrist protection plate. The non-slip laptop stand comes with a two-year warranty and has grooves to keep your devices from sliding off the table. The product weighs 7.7lb and measures 23.62×15.12×17.72in.
- Large work surface
- Non-slip tabletop
- Easy to adjust the height
- May be heavy
- Height adjustment may be low
The Executive Office Solutions laptop stand is a versatile option made of lightweight yet sturdy aluminum. Designed to securely hold laptops and tablets, this stand has 360° rotatable, adjustable legs that allow you to lock it in place at an angle per your preference. It can also be used as a dinner tray, a writing desk, a foldable standing desk, or equipment holder.
With two USB cooling fans, the stand ensures that your devices do not overheat while you work, and two lip extenders firmly hold thick and heavy laptops in place. Additionally, it is easily collapsible, making it a compact and space-saving laptop desk for working on-the-go. Available in two color options, this comfortable and sleek laptop stand is the perfect addition to any workspace.
- Ergonomic design
- Non-slip feet for stability
- Comes with a side mount
- Textured surface to prevent sliding
- Limited weight capacity
- Mouse-extension platform may be smaller than expected
How To Choose The Right Laptop Stand For A Couch?
Here are a few key parameters to keep in mind while buying a laptop stand.
- Size: The laptop stand should fit in your laptop, and it is important to consider the width of the surface.
- Portability: Look for a compact table that fits your laptop rightly and is foldable. Consider portability if you have limited storage space or if you want to carry it around often while traveling.
- Fixed or adjustable: The adjustability of height or angle of the surface provides flexibility to your laptop stand. You can customize the angle and height to get the desired position and comfort. However, if you are a usual spot where you prefer to work, you may choose a fixed table.
- Versatility: Many laptop stands are designed to offer multipurpose usage. If you want to utilize your laptop stand for having breakfast in bed or as a writing desk, consider buying a laptop stand with a mouse pad or with features like extra storage, additional space, and foldability.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Sakshi John, our experienced in-house writer, used her research skills in reviewing furniture and kitchen products to compile this list of the best laptop stands for couches and beds. Some stands on this list come with unique and helpful features such as adjustable height, storage compartments, and cooling fans to help you stay comfortable while using your laptop and other expensive gadgets. We have also included a buying guide to help you decide what product works best for your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are laptop stands good for laptops?
If the stand doesn’t have a rough surface and is flat enough to facilitate the laptop’s ventilation fan to work properly, it is laptop-friendly. Also, some stands feature a cooling fan to reduce overheating.
2. Are vertical stands good for laptops?
Yes, ergonomically designed ones can be used for laptops. They are especially suitable for working on sofas and couches.
3. Is it okay to use a laptop on a metal table?
Most laptop stands are either made of particle board or ABS plastic or have a PVC leather covering. Metal is generally avoided.
4. Are wooden laptop stands good?
Yes, most wooden or MDF laptop stands are sturdy enough and don’t have rough edges or surfaces.
5. What is the best table height for a laptop?
That would vary as per your height and that of your seat. A laptop needs to be raised about five to ten inches to bring the laptop monitor up to your eye level.
6. Are laptop stands good for posture?
Since most laptop stands come with adjustable heights, they offer you better viewing and typing angles, thus helping you maintain a good posture while working and reducing the incidences of neck, shoulder, and back pains.
With a sturdy and functional laptop stand, you can work long hours on your bed or couch without complaining about back pain and posture issues. Laptop stands allow you to work comfortably while giving you the support you need to place your laptop. The best laptop stands come with adjustable height and angles so that you can position the stand to your needs and likes. They are also portable, large enough to hold your laptop and other essentials, and some even come with cooling fans and additional storage space.
Infographic: Key Features To Look For When Buying A Laptop Stand
People working online or using laptops for long hours often face posture issues and neck and back pains. A sturdy laptop stand offers support and helps you work comfortably. Check out the infographic below for the key features you should look for when buying a laptop stand.
- Best Handbag Organizers
- Best Audio Speaker Stands
- Best Light Stands For Photographers
- Best Solid Wood Tv Stands