In the 21st century classroom, online learning has become the new norm. A laptop has become an essential tool to connect kids with teachers for schoolwork, and also for e-learning, gaming, entertainment, or presentations.
A handy, portable laptop helps your child expand subject knowledge in more interesting and engaging ways, while completing assignments quickly. A children’s laptop is a smart investment as the device enables your child to prepare for the new digital world.
There are several laptops available on the market but choosing the best one is a difficult task. Below is the list with some of the best laptops for kids. Check it out and select one that suits your needs.
11 Best Laptops For Kids
RCA Store’s Delta Pro tablet comes with an 11.6in screen for an easier view of multimedia. The Quad-core processor is powerful enough to run different kinds of operations quickly, and its 2GB RAM is best suited for primary and secondary school children’s usage. The tablet has a 32GB storage space, which is adequate for off-cloud storage for nominal needs. Besides essential features like WiFi, Bluetooth, and touchscreen display, it also has rear and front camera for video calling.
- Battery runs for almost six hours without any trouble
- Can be used as both tablet and laptop with its detachable keyboard
- Runs at a good speed of 1.3GHz
- Comes with Android OS 9.0 and preinstalled apps, including Google play
- Connects itself with Bluetooth-enabled devices
- Comes in blue, purple, charcoal, and pink colors
- Screen resolution could have been better
Shop Related Products:
Tanoshi offers a mini-laptop suitable and comfortable for kids between the ages of ten and 12. The laptop comes with a mini HD screen of 10.1in, which supports a child’s superior vision and observation. The built-in parental control features allow adults to block inappropriate apps and prevent children from downloading unwanted apps.
Parents can also control the child’s screen time. The system comes with 2GB RAM and 32GB internal storage, audio jacks, USB ports, speakers, Bluetooth, and WiFi.
- Google docs and sheets are pre-loaded
- Accessibility to Google store for a varied range of applications
- Pre-installed coding apps for kids
- Keyboard is detachable
- Apps can be automatically set-off during bedtime
- Can be used as laptop or tablet
- Smart, attractive touch screen
- Video conferencing may not be optimized
Shop Related Products:
The HP HD laptop runs on an efficient Intel Celeron N4000 processor, enough for your child to carry out regular schoolwork smoothly. The child-friendly Windows 10 laptop is powered by 4GB RAM and 32GB multimedia memory card. HP offers Microsoft Office 365 Personal and 1TB OneDrive storage space for one year, which is enough to store several files. The highly portable and well-designed laptop boasts of good HD display with USB 3.1 Gen 1 and headphone/microphone slot. The laptop can run up to 12 hours.
- 11.6in comfortable diagonal display
- Can be easily connected via WiFi and Bluetooth
- Supports digital media card reader
- Built-in webcam
- Image pad with gesture capabilities
- Laptop is graded to be environmentally conscious
- Light in weight and compact
- Keyboard may not be backlit
- Touchscreen may not be available
Shop Related Products:
This entry-level laptop is ideal for children for their school work, topic research, video meetings and web browsing. The sleek device weighs 0.95kg, which makes it easy to carry between home and school. With 0.7in thickness, the screen is smart and user friendly.
The laptop runs on Intel Atom X5-Z8350, 2GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, and Windows 10 basic operating system. Hbestore education laptop offers a 1.3MP front camera, two USB 2.0 ports, one micro HDMI port and an earphone port.
- Built-in WiFi
- Good screen resolution
- Contains Intel HD graphic card
- Two powerful speakers
- Comes with a mouse
- May be difficult to set up
Shop Related Products:
Powered by 6GB powerful RAM, the 14in HD screen laptop is best suited for secondary and higher secondary students. The laptop comes with 128GB SSD, which is enough to store a considerable amount of data. The Windows 10 OS system notebook is ultra-thin and lightweight for easy portability.
An exclusive numeric touchpad allows your child to enter the numbers quite easily, while WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity let the access the internet anywhere. A long battery life, expandable memory, and compatibility with entertainment games are additional features.
- Slider to block the camera for privacy
- 1000mAH powerful battery
- Faster connection speed
- Can be easily connected to home devices like Bluetooth speaker, wireless mouse, and keyboards
- Offers impressive, convenient viewing experience
- Supports multitasking due to high RAM
- Loading of web pages is fast
- Keyboard is not backlit
Shop Related Products:
While most laptops come in classic black or silver color, Tocosy laptop’s pink hue can be especially attractive to girls. The ultra-thin laptop with a 10.1in quad-core and Windows 10 operating system is light and easy to carry. The product specifications include 2GB RAM with 32GB storage capacity. The laptop runs HD graphics with ease. The system supports a diverse range of slots. From USB 3.0, HDMI, TF card slot, headphone jack, and USB 2.0 to connecting to WiFi, the laptop supports it all. The laptop has a stand-by time of 6 hours so that students can run the system for a longer time with need for recharging.
- Suitable for both web browsing and video calling
- Ideal for study trips
- Can be used to watch movies and play games
- Gets charged fast
- Provides stable WiFi connections
- Has touch screen feature
- Pink color may not appeal to boy
- Sound quality could have been better
- Keyboard may not come off
- May not be used as a tablet
The HP’s WLED-backlit laptop offers anti-glare features, which can be easy on your eyes. The processor runs on 2.3 to 3.2GHz to offer good operation speed. The laptop runs on Windows 10 OS and has 4GB RAM that supports multiprocessing of programs. The system is compatible with WiFi and hotspots for easy connectivity. Additional features include AMD Radeon Graphics, micro-edge display, protection against phishing, and malware.
- 14.0in diagonal comfortable screen display
- Compatibility with wireless connectivity
- Webcam has integrated digital microphone
- Comes in black color, looks elegant
- Memory of the device can be upgraded
- Supports video conferencing
- Google classroom may have to downloaded
- May not be suitable to run Microsoft Teams
- Camera quality may not be good
The two-in-one model can work as both a tablet and a laptop. It has a slide adjustment to take on and off the screen. According to the comfort of the student, the device can be connected and used. The 7inch tablet with 16GB quad-core processor is equipped with a touch screen function, 1024×600 resolution, built-in WiFi, and Bluetooth. The front camera is 1MP. The other jacks include a micro SD card slot, microphone, and headphone. The lovely pink color can be appealing to girl students and children.
- Works on Android 5.0 and hence tablet is accessible to Google Play Store for various apps
- 16GB flash storage is enough for learning needs
- Keyboard is flexible
- Glass screen avoids scratches
- Easy to use even for an eight-year-old kid
- May not be durable
- Battery life can be improved
Jumper’s laptop is based on Windows 10 OS that promises powerful performance, smooth use, and a multitasking experience. The device comes with a 13.3in screen and offers HD camera resolution for easy and comfortable viewing. The 6GB RAM is meant for great multitasking abilities and speed. The 64GB eMMC enables storing multiple files, photos, short videos, and PDFs. The device supports WiFi, Bluetooth, and other port connections.
- 8mm slim bezel design
- Supports graphics and games
- Contains micro-SD card slot and mini HDMI port
- Super-fast web browsing
- Stylish looks
- Easy user experience
- Improved performance
- May not have touch screen
Samsung’s XE500C13 Chromebook offers an impressive long battery life of over 11 hours and best suited for children and travelers as frequent charging will not be required. With an 11.6in anti-reflective display, Samsung Chromebook will be easy on your eyes. The lightweight and portable Chromebook is powered by Intel Celeron N3060 processor. Samsung offers 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage with built-in security features to protect the laptop from viruses and malware.
- Runs on Chrome OS, which is known for quick and smooth operations
- Spill-resistant, water-resistant keyboard prevents damage during accidental falls
- The screen size is slim for added comfort
- Compatibility to run Google, Gmail, maps, documents, and images
- Free updates from Chrome gets automatically updated
- User friendly and easy to set up
- Reliable and lasts longer
- May not be able to suitable to perform heavier tasks such as gaming, playing around with high-resolution graphics and video editing
- May not support kindle apps
Lenovo two-in-one laptop can serve the dual purpose of a tablet and a laptop. The full high definition 1920×1080 touch screen makes it easy for children to work. The system leverages AMD Ryzen 5 3500U processor. The laptop is powered by 12GB DDR4 RAM, fast, quick, and smooth in reading and writing operations. The operating system is Windows 10, which is known for its enhanced productivity features.
- Includes HDMI, USB-C, and USB 3.1 inputs; this enhances connectivity
- Provides exclusive protection against virus, malware, and ransomware
- Comes with an active black pen that allows taking down notes, making underlines anywhere on laptop’s screen
- Long battery life of nearly 10 hours
- Quickly charges, 80% charging assured in one hour
- Keyboard is backlit, making it easy, convenient to type even when dark
- Screen brightness may not be sufficient for outdoor purposes
How To Choose The Right Laptops For Kids?
- Built: As kids tend to use the machine for their learning and development, the laptop must have a good build. An aluminum frame chassis on a sturdy plastic shell can be useful.
- Battery life: Battery life is the most important aspect you should consider before buying a child’s laptop. A good laptop with a battery life of around 6-8 hours should be sufficient for daily learning needs.
- Security features: Children are often adventurous and exploratory, which can invite virtual trouble in the form of inappropriate content or malware or viruses. You should choose a laptop that has several in-built parental control features. Features such as firewall, location, and ad-blockers can keep your children in a safe zone. You should choose laptops that offer features such as ‘Family Options’ for Windows or exclusive parental control apps for Android which block potentially dangerous sites.
- Power: Laptops for children are meant for their learning and development, and not for high end gaming or animation purposes. Therefore, a low end processor with 2GB of RAM should be sufficient. However, you should ensure that the prescribed apps run in the operating environment chosen for the laptop. Generally, an Android or a Windows notebook with a good WiFi should be enough.
- Simple to use: Laptops should excite your children’s curiosity and not bore them with complex operating procedures. A laptop meant for children should be easy to use. Features such as a detachable keyboard, bigger, and directed radio buttons increase the ease of use.
- HD display: Although not mandatory, an HD display helps in kids learning by presenting visual cues, which are more pleasing and understandable compared to SD display. You should avoid spending too much on a 4K or 2K HD display. However, you should choose an HD display in your price range.
- Fast USB connections: Sometimes, the kids’ learning modules may be uploaded via USB, or you need to load some interesting learning stuff for them. At that time, a faster USB will be sought after.
- DR webcam: High Dynamic Range or HDR webcams can produce better-lighted images in a dark environment. If your kids’ room is darker or if need be to converse in duller weather, an HDR webcam can prove useful. HDR webcam is a feel-good feature that will improve your kids’ overall learning experience.
- Portability: A laptop or tablet for children has to be portable and easy to carry from home to school without hassle. Along with a sturdy built and high battery life, portability should be a top priority when you choose to buy a laptop for your children.
- Virus protection: Laptops or tablets are susceptible to viruses, malware, or phishing attacks when your child unknowingly or accidentally browses suspicious sites. The virus may even creep into your WiFi and affects all connected devices. Hence, the laptop you buy must be duly protected with necessary antivirus and anti-phishing software.
At What Age Should A Child Get A Laptop?
Most children will be ready to start using a laptop around age of two. However, experts believe that children above 10 years of age can start using laptops. Children between ages 3-9 can use tablets ((1)).
Children today are smart and quick when it comes to learning. In the digital world, children are easily adapting to technology. A laptop has become a necessity for children and students to complete their school and college work. This enables your child to take quick notes, try coding, make designs, and engage in a positive digital world. With a little parental observation, a laptop can be a good investment to prepare your children for tomorrow’s world.