Whether you are a woman or a man, or whether you are 19 or 90 years old, hair loss, receding hair, and baldness can be worrying. There are many reasons for hair loss, ranging from aging to medical conditions.
The best laser hair growth devices can effectively help the scalp resist hair loss causes and should be the first defense to prevent hair loss. Most of these devices are portable and hands-free and come with detailed user manuals. You need not rush for professional hair regrowth treatments since these devices help you achieve excellent results in the comfort of your home.
Therefore, if you want to reduce hair fall and encourage hair growth, choose from our list of the 11 best laser hair growth devices.
Types Of Laser Hair Growth Devices
Hair growth devices use low-level light therapy(LLLT) of specific wavelengths to penetrate the scalp and activate hair follicles. Four primary devices use laser technology for hair growth.
- Helmets: These are traditional hands-free laser hair growth devices, which provide complete coverage and 51 to 282 diodes of laser power. They are more effective than combs. However, these devices are not ideal for people who have a fair amount of hair, which may prevent the laser from reaching the scalp effectively.
- Caps: Laser caps are similar to helmets with a better design. Depending on the problem and treatment, the LLLT cap can be held on the head for six to 30 minutes. These caps can be worn anywhere disguised as accessories. The disadvantages are similar to a helmet.
- Combs: These are the most affordable LLLT devices. However, they require manual operation. Combs are ideal for itchy scalps and provide an excellent massaging effect. The bristles have a soothing effect on the scalp, which you cannot get from a cap, helmet, or band devices.
- Bands: Laser bands look like toothed headbands. They cover more area than anLLLT comb but less than a cap or helmet. Compared to combs, these bands are equipped with more laser diodes, which can penetrate the scalp more effectively. However, bands require manual operation.
Top Products From Our List
11 Best Laser Hair Growth Devices
iRestore Laser cap stimulates hair cells, promotes hair growth, and treats alopecia, balding, and thinning hair. The device uses a clinically powerful laser hair restoration technology with 51 lasers and LEDs absorbed by hair follicles to increase cell metabolism. You can use it as a standalone product or with other hair regeneration products. The lightweight and durable device allows you to use it while you attend to other activities at home. It provides full coverage and has a start/stop/pause button and timer display functions.
- Clinically proven
- Ergonomic design
- Low light intensity
HairMaxUltima Classic is a comb that promotes hair regrowth. It can reverse thinning hair and provide thicker, dense hair growth. The comb emits collimated laser light energy into hair follicles, there by stimulating cell activity. Its therapeutic and nourishing treatment strengthens roots and revitalizes damaged hair. The lightweight device is comfortable to use and a travel-friendly companion. It is proven that this method can make hair grow faster at a rate of 129 new hairs per square inch within six months. It is easy to operate and is equipped with a charging cradle cum stand, power cord, and rechargeable battery.
- Hair parting teeth
- Focused light
- Dense lasers
- Quick Start Guide
- Slow process
iGrow hair growth helmet uses low-level light technology (LLLT) to treat balding, hair thinning, and alopecia. The stimulating red light energy is emitted at the maximum power and wavelength and is absorbed into the cells and scalp tissues, increasing cell activity and promoting hair growth. The photo biomodulation process helps minimize hair damage, repair hair follicles, and make hair thicker and stronger. The electrically driven device provides a clinically proven hair-loss treatment for men and women.
- Fits all head sizes
- Full scalp coverage
- Dual voltage
- Built-in headphones
- May be expensive for some
Theradome Evo uses red light laser technology for hair therapy. The cordless helmet emits a high-energy laser to stimulate hair follicles and is suitable for and men and women. The helmet is equipped with soft rubber nails, a comfortable foam pad, a nanolaser, and a rechargeable USB port. Cool laser phototherapy can minimize hair fall and hair loss, increase new hair growth, and make hair thick and dense.
- FDA approved
- Voice-guided sessions
- One-touch activation
- Rechargeable battery
Illumiflow laser cap is an over-the-counter solution for hair loss and uses LLLT technology to eliminate hair thinning, balding, and genetic hair problems. The full cap covers the entire problem area. It uses a calibrated laser to penetrate the scalp and aim at the bottom of the hair follicles. The 30-minute clinically tested treatment strengthens and rejuvenates the hair and is safe to use with no side effects. The high-efficiency 272 laser diodes with 625nm provide the best results. The device is pre-connected, and you can use it by pressing a button. The device is suitable for men and women.
- Automatic shut-off
- Audible timer beeps
- Full scalp coverage
- Out-of-box use
- Not suitable for travel
If you are looking for a simple tool to help hair regrowth, the CapillusUltra-mobile cap can provide laser therapy to your scalp. It only takes six minutes a day to treat alopecia and promote hair regeneration. The device offers full coverage for the head and is an effective solution to hereditary hair loss. The laser device is flexible and comfortable and can be worn at home or on-the-go. The cap with capillus technology allows only laser treatment and does not use LED lights. It is a safe and clinically proven method to promote healthy, dense, and renewed hair growth.
- Clinically proven technology
- Great coverage
- No LED, only laser
- May not fit all head sizes
HairMax’s Laser Band 82 is a hairband that promotes hair growth and increases hair density while reducing thinning and shedding. The growth band revitalizes hair follicles and rejuvenates damaged hair. The band targets a therapeutic laser light on the scalp with high-energy output. It can stimulate hair follicles, reduce hair thinning, and renew hair regeneration. The lightweight and travel-friendly laser band does not use LEDs and is entirely safe for hair and scalp.
- Rechargeable Battery
- Power Cord
- Quick Start Guide
- 100% lasers
- Size may not fit all
Thappink kit is a biotin hair regrowth system that includes a serum and a hairbrush designed for hair therapy. The red LED light is absorbed by hair follicles and increases the absorption of nutrients needed by the scalp. The vibrating brush has three massage intensity levels to relieve stress and help the biotin serum deeply penetrate the cells. The comb comes in a liquid storage box so that you can easily add the biotin serum. The serum can be massaged into the hair to stimulate hair follicles. The kit prevents hair loss and encourages hair growth in men and women.
- USB chargeable
- Vibrating massage
- Red LED light
- Detachable liquid storage box
- Biotin may leak when loaded on the comb
BioEquaEnercharger spray is a cold ion scalp revitalizing technology that can treat hair loss and promote regrowth. The non-surgical method can enhance the vitality of hair follicles and make the hair denser. The device uses Pulsed Electrical Field (PEF),penetrating deep into the scalp without affecting the outer layer. Cold ions accelerate the blood flow in the vessels around hair follicles and absorb nutrients and oxygen into the cells. The effective method improves hair health and promotes hair regeneration.
- Scalp oxygenation
- Cellular revitalization
- Oil control
- Reduce hair fall
- May not suit some people
Lescolton is a hair growth system for men and women that can provide treatment for thinning hair. It uses LED and soft light technology to treat alopecia, balding, and receding hairlines. The lights powerfully stimulate hair follicles and promote hair growth, increases the hair’s density and volume. The device provides low-level laser therapy with more powerful, convenient, non-invasive, and painless effects. LLLT has deep penetrating power to relieve itchy scalp and restore hair growth. It has several modes of operation— severe hair fall, severe hair loss in the middle of the head, male pattern baldness, postpartum hair loss, hair fall prevention, and roots reinforcement.
- Easy to use
- Intelligent sensor light
- Auto shut-down
- Full coverage
- Integrated design
- Size not adjustable
iHelmet The Only cap is an advanced hair regrowth treatment. It is a laser helmet compatible with smart apps and Bluetooth to personalize the treatment. The LLLT technology can repair hair thinning, alopecia, balding, and hair loss caused by chemotherapy. It uses 88 laser diodes to stimulate the scalp and increase follicular activity. The safe and effective non-invasive treatment helps thicken and regenerate hair quickly without causing pain.
- Zero side effects
- Compatible with smart app
- Innovative laser technology
- Instructions not clear
How To Choose The Right Laser Hair Growth Devices?
There are various hair regrowth devices available on the market. When choosing the right laser hair growth devices, consider the following factors.
- Type: Hair growth devices are divided into four main types—caps, helmets, combs, and bands. If you experience hair loss on the scalp, it is best to wear a helmet or cap to provide complete coverage. If your hair loss or thinning is limited to the crown area, a laser band should be more helpful. The laser comb requires a manual hands-on approach. It helps to focus on specific areas.
- Laser count and wavelength: Low-level laser therapy (LLLT) provides laser light to the scalp for increased effectiveness. The higher the LLLT count, the better the coverage. Helmets usually have more light rays. Also, check the average nanometer reading. The wavelength range of 600–700 nm is ideal for superficial tissues, while the wavelength of 780–950 nm is ideal for deep tissues.
- Cycle time: A laser treatment can last from five to 20 minutes, about three to four times a week. You may have to follow the laser treatment for several months. The effectiveness and treatment time depends on the severity of the problem and the type of device used.
- FDA-cleared: After rigorous testing, the Food and Drug Association (FDA) gives approval to the laser hair growth devices. FDA-approved devices are safe to use and can reduce the possibility of side effects.
- Convenience and portability: Using a laser cap or helmet can make your daily routine more comfortable. The device should be lightweight and wireless to achieve maximum mobility. These are also hands-free devices. On the other hand, the laser comb will require manual labor and hands-on therapy. If you are a frequent traveler and need to continue hair regrowth treatments, the lightweight, easy-to-carry band or comb is an ideal choice.
- Price: Laser hair growth devices are slightly expensive, while the combs are the cheapest. However, depending on the severity of the problem, the LLLT device is worth the investment because they promote hair growth and provide long-term results.
The laser hair regrowth device can encourage hair growth, make hair healthy, and add volume to the hair. These devices offer convenient and cost-effective treatment in the comfort of your home. However, if baldness and thinning hair are serious problems, it is recommended that you see a doctor first before trying your remedies. FDA-approved devices are safe to use at home. Choose from our list of the 11 best laser hair growth devices and watch your manes flourish with time.