Children, no matter what their age, are always excited to try out new things, especially if it involves an adrenaline rush. Whether it’s a new dish, sport, or toy, they won’t hesitate to join the bandwagon immediately. Laser tag sets are taking the world by storm these days and have become quite popular among kids and adults alike. A shooting sport that uses infrared to emit light through laser guns, laser tag can be played indoors or outdoors. The opponent wears a vest with sensors, and when hit by a beam from the laser gun, the sensors reveal that he has been hit. Unlike paintball, laser tag is completely painless.
If you are looking for the best laser tag sets for your children, then this list with the 11 best laser tag sets is here to save the day! Before we check out the best laser tag sets, we should also look at some safety tips.
Safety Tips For Laser Tag At Home
- As this sport requires a lot of tact, staying hidden, and running around, you need to cover sharp corners and edges, so that your children don’t accidentally bump into them.
- Ensure that your children are wearing closed-toe shoes. Avoid sandals, flip-flops, and any form of heels.
- Remind your children that in their attempt to hide their tag sensors, they cannot climb anything or crawl as it could lead to unavoidable falls and wounds.
- Children shouldn’t be eating or distracted by any other activity while playing with laser tag sets.
- Most importantly, you need to teach your children to play fair.
11 Best Laser Tag Sets
A laser tag set that’s ideal for the whole family, this one comes with 2 blasters and 2 vests. All blasters and vests light up in bright colors, vibrate, and feature immersive sounds, creating an atmosphere of being in a real laser tag arcade. The vests come with triangular lights in the center, which light up when tagged or hit. The infrared sensors on the vest plate track and record your opponent’s laser hits automatically, and also come with a built-in speaker. You can also combine as many sets as you want, and increase the number of players for a fun time.
- Comes with different play settings
- The blasters can be set to 10 or 25 hits
- Comes with 1 LED infrared light
- Require no target vests or external ammunition
- Strength and ammo bars on the blaster
- Requires 8 batteries each and the batteries need replacing often
Shop Related Products:
Let your child and his/her friends participate in the most-adventurous laser tag match from the comfort of your home. This laser tag gun set comes with 4 laser guns and the kids can select their teams with the help of “Team Select Indicator” in different colors. One can also change the gun settings as it comes in 4 types— pistol, shotgun, submachine gun, and rocket. With these guns, the enemy can run, but they can’t hide! The laser blasters light up and vibrate when shooting, or when a player is hit, even if they are 130 ft away. As the infrared signal emission is less than 1 mW, this laser gun set is safe for children of all ages.
- Realistic shooting sounds
- Life bar indicator
- Trigger and reload button
- Infrared target area
- Teams can be selected in 4 colors: blue, red, green, and white
- 4 player kids laser tag set
- Not very sturdy
Shop Related Products:
If you are scratching your head about what to give your child for his or her birthday, this laser tag set will be the perfect gift. One of the best laser tag gun sets for home, it can transform your living room or your backyard into a battle arena during the day or at night. It comes with 4 laser tag blasters, 4 target vests, and great features like an invisibility mode which turns off all of your blaster and vest lights for 15 seconds. No matter how far the opponent is, one can still tag them as the blasters have a 150 ft shooting range. Safe for children of all ages, the infrared signal emission is only 0.9 mW. 4 different teams can play with this set at one time, and choose which sort of gun they want. They can either select a pistol, a shotgun, a machine gun, or a rocket gun.
- Includes 24 AAA batteries
- Blasters have preloaded shots
- Voice-guided directions
- Blasters can be used without vests
- Speaker button on the blaster
- Flashlight button on the blaster
- A ‘hit’ can be registered even if the blaster isn’t pointing or aiming at the vest.
Shop Related Products:
This infrared laser tag set comes with 4 distinct blasters in vibrant colors. Your child can decide which team he or she wants to pick, depending on their color preferences. Both the team and blaster settings are interchangeable, so your kids can have hours of fun. Each blaster is unique and has its own set of strengths and weaknesses. The ability to cause damage, the shooting range, and reloading time differ from blaster to blaster. There’s no need to invest in bulky vests, as each blaster comes with built-in infrared sensors that can detect a hit.
- 100% safe for children of all ages
- To reload, one has to simply tap the butt
- Built-in speakers
- Health bar on the side of the blaster
- Emits a non-visible infrared light
- Does not include batteries
Shop Related Products:
Let the games begin! With this laser tag set, you’ll never feel the need to step outside for exciting adventures. Each blaster and vest light up and create realistic sounds, when an opponent is tagged. Its incredible visual effects also make it seem like the player is in a real laser tag arcade. This laser tag set comes with 2 high-quality blasters and wearable vests each, and the vests work as the target. You can also combine multiple sets together to add more friends and family members to amplify the fun.
- Vests come with adjustable straps
- Each player starts the game with 6 lives
- The blasters keep track of remaining ammo
- Each blaster fires 6 rounds before reloading
- Easy to reload
- Multiple sets are compatible with each other
- The size of the blaster and the straps on the vest may be too big for little children.
Shop Related Products:
Bring the laser tag arena home and blaze your laser guns away to glory with this set that is considered to be one of the best laser tag sets available today. A multiplayer kit, this set includes 4 laser guns with 4 types of settings and 4 vests that reveal the team you are on with different colored lights. The vests also light up on the top, keeping track of how many lives a player has left. To make the game more interesting, the set includes 4 face masks in different colors with a skeleton print.
- Exciting sound effects
- The laser tag equipment is made of non-toxic ABS plastic.
- Doesn’t give off any smells that could be harmful to children
- 4 types of gun settings: Pistol, shotgun, machine gun, and rocket launcher
- All the guns have different quantities of bullets
- Includes protective glasses
- Batteries aren’t included
- The sound effects are loud
Play 22 Laser Tag Gun Setcan be used both indoor and outdoor. This set includes a gun, vests, and a drone – Gun features infrared sensors and a function to choose the color and gun type. It delivers realistic sounds, cool lighting, and somatic vibrations. The gun strikes the target at a distance of 130 feet. This set requires 28 AA batteries.
- Improves gross motor skills
- Encourages to concentrate and focus
- Colorful laser light
- Unisex toy
- Tad flimsy
A fantastic gift idea for children and adults alike, this set comes with 2 laser guns, 2 vests, and up to 4 teams can enjoy this game at once by choosing different colors. As it comes with multiple gun options, you can multiply the fun too! Each type of gun setting delivers a varying degree of damage to your opponents, even if they are 130 feet away. The vests are equipped with built-in infrared sensors that vibrate each time you are hit.
- Automatic reload button
- Easy-grip handle
- Infrared signal emission is less than 1 mW
- Team indicator light on the gun
- The vest shows team color and life value indicator.
- Batteries are not included
Gear up for a fun day with your family with the help of this laser tag set. The laser blasters’ infrared signal emission is less than 1 mW, which means that it won’t harm your child’s eyes and is certified safe for children over the age of 3. Easy to hold and easy to operate, the laser can switch freely between 4 types of gun settings. It also features stimulated sounds, and the integrated lights make this set delightful when played at night. When the laser gun hits you, the vest vibrates strongly, giving you the feeling of being in a real laser tag arcade.
- 130 ft laser range
- 4 teams represented by red, blue, green, and white
- The vests have adjustable bands with latch hooks
- Preloaded shots
- Suitable for daylight and dark rooms
- Doesn’t come with instructions to use the vest harness
With a laser tag set as attractive as this one, no child or adult will be able to resist playing with it all day. Complete with a charging station of its own, this kit also includes 4 guns and 4 vests. With 1 recharging session, you can play up to 8 games. As the guns and vests are paired together, your hits are automatically synced. The LCD on the guns and vests lets you check your status, without having to pause the game. It also features a stealth mode and flashlight, making it a great laser set to play with in the dark.
- The vests are easy to strap on
- 4 weapon modes
- Adjustable lives per game
- 150 ft range
- Child-safe infrared emission
- You can add unlimited Squad Hero guns and vests.
- It takes time to recharge the set.
- The vest’s target plate is small.
4 laser guns and 4 vests are all you need to spend endless hours of combat and fun, and this set comes with everything you need. The blaster guns and vests are made of safe and durable materials. The set includes guns and vests, 8 adjustable belts, a screwdriver, a handy storage box, and a user’s manual. Ergonomically designed for a solid grip, these laser guns emit less than 1 mW of infrared signals.
- 4 types of gun settings
- Loading button on the bottom of the hilt
- Stimulated sound effects
- Easy-to-release trigger
- Shooting indicator lights up
- Lives taken indicator in the gun
- The guns may be too loud for some.
Now that we have looked at some of the best laser tag sets for home, here are some useful tips that may help you choose one that’s right for you.
How To Choose The Right Laser Tag Sets?
Here a few tips that can help you get started:
- Always look for a laser tag kit that comes with at least 2 blaster guns. If you can find one with 4, that’s even better. In a team sport like this one, the more, the merrier. Look for a set that allows you to add more blaster guns to play with. This means that you have to purchase more guns manufactured by the same brand, of the same make.
- While some blaster guns don’t require vests to play with, you can also look for ones that come with wearable strap-on vests. This helps in improving target practice and makes it harder to shoot the opponent too.
- Most vests come with an in-built vibration system. For example, if you have been hit, the vest will vibrate strongly. This gives the player a feeling of being in a real laser tag arcade. So, try to get a set that comes with these vests.
- Apart from great features, you need to keep the material in mind too. As laser tag kits are mostly designed for children, make sure that you buy one that is made of non-toxic material. ABS plastic is a safe material for kids.
- The easier the settings are to adjust and follow, the better the game will be. Look for one that doesn’t come with unnecessarily complicated settings.
- Most laser tag guns now come with 4 types of settings— pistol, shotgun, machine gun, and a rocket launcher. These settings help add more drama and excitement to the game.
- Laser tag sets need heaps of batteries that may need replacing quickly. So, before you buy one, do your research and find out which one is the most power efficient and is a worthy laser tag set to be purchased.
Now your children and their friends don’t need to step out to enjoy a wild and thrilling game of laser tag as you can bring the best laser tag sets home. Along with your kids, you too can join in the fun and improve your shooting game and practice precise shots. We hope that this list of the 11 best laser tag gun sets was useful for you. Do let us know which one you think your child would like the most.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How to play laser tag?
Like paintball, laser tag’s objective is to hit your opponent with the laser guns, reducing their lives, and finally eliminating them from the game. Laser tag sets usually come with guns and vests, but some don’t require vests at all. If you have a set that comes with a vest, you need to aim directly at the vest and shoot. You need to be on the move constantly, or you’ll be the easiest target. A great thing about some laser tag sets is that they don’t require vests as the blasters are equipped with built-in infrared sensors that can detect a hit.
- What should I wear for the laser tag?
As it is a sport that requires one to move around quite a bit, it is wise to wear comfortable and stretchable clothing. If you are playing in a dark room, or an area that is dimly lit, wear dark clothes to blend into the background. Never wear open-toed shoes or heels while playing as you could hurt yourself.
- Where can I play laser tag?
As long as safety rules are followed, one can play it anywhere (with permission of course). You can cover your entire house, or play in the backyard too. However, if the area you have chosen is cluttered, it could potentially be dangerous.