Leather gloves keep your hands from being rubbed raw, especially if you lift heavy objects for several hours every day. Wearing the best leather gloves can also ensure that your hands are protected from strain, whether you are gripping a handlebar of a motorcycle or a steering wheel.
Besides providing better grip on surfaces, leather gloves also protect your hands from the cold. And with a leather glove added as an accessory to your suit or jacket, you can look effortlessly fashionable. Keep reading as we tell you the features of the top 15 leather gloves in the market.
15 Best Leather Gloves Of 2021
With this pair of leather work gloves, designed to resist shrinking, you can keep your hands protected when working outdoors in cold, wet weather. Made of spandex and lycra, it is stretchable and offers comfort to your hands. Three fingertips are reinforced with touchscreen friendly material, and so, you can easily use mobile devices without taking off the gloves.
- Straps keep the gloves secure on your hands
- Insulation protects against cold
- Design of the gloves keeps them from snagging
- Tends to rip easily near the finger area
- Not easy to use on a touchscreen
Made of 100% genuine cowhide, this pair of leather gloves is durable, resistant to oil and all forms of wear and tear. It is designed to be flexible and does not shrink, even if used daily. The pair of large-sized gloves has a patch across each palm to aid you in gripping items, while the cuff can be adjusted as required. The high-quality leather is extremely durable, while the lining is extra soft.
- Ideal gloves for working outdoors
- Does not impede the dexterity of the hands
- Interior lining absorbs sweat easily
- Gunn cut and keystone thumb offer added flexibility
- May not be ideal for prolonged use
- Excess material on the inside
This pair of best leather driving gloves is specifically designed for use when gripping a steering wheel or a handlebar. It provides a secure grip, and the knuckle holes ensure the gloves remain flexible when in use. Made of luxurious fine grain leather, the pair of high-quality gloves also provides a degree of weather protection. The elastic keeps the wrist area snug, and the snap keeps the gloves secure.
- Good soft-leather gloves
- Ideal men’s leather gloves when driving
- Oil or conditioner is not required to soften the driving gloves
- Allows you to operate your touch screen device
- The dye on the gloves may stain the hands
- Leather is not very thick
- Fingertips may tear easily
This is an ideal pair of leather gloves for men who work outdoors or do heavy manual labor. It features Kevlar patches in areas that are exposed to more wear and tear. With unique Rolltop areas on the fingertips, the pair of gloves provides good flexibility. The cuff area has a rubber puller that allows you to put on and take off the gloves effortlessly.
- Made of goatskin that does not dry out or shrink when wet
- Engineered to provide a perfect fit
- Kevlar reinforcements enhance durability
- Terry cloth area on the thumb for wiping sweat
- Stitchings on the fingers come undone easily
- Fingertips may not be very durable
This is a good choice if you are looking for a good pair of dress gloves with excellent leather. The pair of gloves is made of polyurethane leather and comes with a fleece lining for superior protection against the cold. It is also an excellent pick if you want the best thermal gloves when traveling to work. The pair of leather gloves is waterproof and has a snap closure that makes it suitable for women. The PU leather allows you to use a touch screen device without taking the gloves off.
- Winter leather gloves with thick insulation
- Reasonably priced
- Ideal dress gloves or evening gloves
- Soft leather and stylish design
- Offers dexterity
- Has a plastic feel to it
- May tear quickly
This pair of high-quality leather gloves is the best choice when it comes to handling long tongs or when cooking outdoors. The 14.5in long sleeve provides additional protection and is ideal for wear when handling animals or trimming thorn bushes. It has cotton lining on its interior, while genuine cowhide leather has been used to create the exterior, which further has extra-durable Kevlar stitching.
- Ideal for handling rough logs
- Keeps hands safe when lighting a fire
- Protects against thorns on bushes
- Suitable for men and women
- Cannot be used to grip hot items, such as a baking tray
- Leather tends to tear easily
This pair of durable gloves is made to fit large hands and is ideal for wear when working outdoors. It is made of 100% American bison leather and has a hemmed cuff with elastic within to prevent dirt from entering the gloves. The keystone design of the thumb ensures the pair of gloves provides a comfortable fit, and the leather material is not lined.
- Elastic keeps the wrist area secure
- Unlined gloves do not hamper finger movement
- Buffalo leather keeps the hands warm
- Durable stitching
- Stitching along the fingers may come off easily
- Leather may develop holes after a few uses
This pair of gloves is a good choice if you want an alternative to North Face gear. It is an ideal pair for performing a variety of small construction tasks at home. The artificial leather on the palm area and the foam on the inside provide extra protection against impacts. The spandex layer provides the wearer with good dexterity, and the hook-and-loop strap offers a snug fit.
- Ergonomic design
- Set of three that comes at a reasonable price
- Breathable material wicks away sweat
- Can be easily washed in a washing machine
- Padded to protect against vibration
- Material is a tad thin
- Not ideal for people with big hands
This pair of work gloves is an ideal alternative to Black Diamond gloves. It has a leather palm made of thick pigskin, which is highly resistant to tear and abrasion. The elastic along the durable and thick cuffs provides your hands with additional safety as it keeps debris from entering and ensures the gloves remain secure. The gloves can also be easily slipped on and used for a variety of tasks.
- Winged design on thumb allows for flexible movement of fingers
- Features a strap along the knuckles
- Reinforced leather on the fingertips
- Stitching along the thumb unravels
- Holes develop in the fingertip area
- Interior lining tends to peel
This pair of gloves is specially designed for the outdoors and can be worn by both men and women. It is a perfect option if you are looking for elbow-length gloves. Made of genuine cowhide, it is scratch- and tear-resistant, and is, therefore, perfect for wear while gardening.
- Fully protected till the elbow
- Ideal for pruning thorny bushes
- More durable than goatskin leather
- Soft interior lining
- Allows for flexible movement of the fingers
- Not sized suitably for women
- Stitchings around the thumb unravel quickly
If you are looking for a pair of warm leather gloves, this is a good choice. The pair of gloves is similar to wool leather gloves and has DuraHide material on the palm region. The elastic cuff allows for easy pull-on, while the moisture-wicking TrekDry helps keep your hands dry when you are working. The gloves can be easily kept clean as they are machine-washable, and the pinched fingertips allow for easy gripping.
- Cuff allows for a secure fit
- Protects the hands against impacts
- Padded palm region allows for easy gripping
- May not be very durable
- Holes form easily
This pair of gloves provides almost the same amount of protection against the elements as thermal gloves. Made with a combination of cotton, polyester, cowhide leather, and polyurethane, it is one of the best gloves for use while working outdoors or chopping wood. It features leather patches for protection and is adequately reinforced for added durability.
- Easily washable by hand
- Designed for easy pull-on
- Safety cuff keeps the gloves secure
- Lined to provide added protection
- May not be highly durable
- Not suitable for heavy work
Made of 100% cowhide leather, this pair of gloves is ideal for use when you are working outdoors or doing construction work. The leather used in the gloves has a thickness of 1.2mm, while the elastic along the wrist ensures a snug fit. The keystone design on the thumb and the gunn cut of the gloves provide good flexibility. The moisture-wicking leather ensures that your hands get enough air and remain dry.
- Ideal for use when riding bikes or driving trucks
- Double-stitched for durability
- Comfortable lining that is not too thick
- Stitches may not be very durable
This pair of leather work gloves is long and designed with a gauntlet-style cuff. Ideal for both ladies and gents, the gloves can be used for pruning your rose garden. It has cowhide on its back and palm area and is thick enough to stop thorns from puncturing it and leaving scratches. In addition to gardening, it can be used for a variety of outdoor jobs.
- Elegant design and color
- Cuff keeps dirt out
- Elastic along the wrist provides a good fit
- Color tends to run
If you don’t want a glove with polyester faux fur lining, then this pair of gloves made of 100% deerskin leather is a good option. The leather is breathable, and the interior lining has a moisture-wicking layer. The pair of gloves provides your hands with good flexibility, and there is elastic around the wrist that prevents any slippage. It is an ideal pair of gloves that can be used for driving a vehicle or riding a bike as it offers good grip.
- Keystone design and gunn cut for good flexibility
- Protects the hands from impact
- Premium and durable material
- Suitable for women and men
- May not be very durable
How To Choose The Best Pair of Leather Gloves For Your Needs?
Choosing a pair of leather gloves can be overwhelming as there are hundreds of good options available online. Continue reading as we give you a few tips to choose the best leather gloves.
1. Consider what you are going to use the glove for
If you want to look fashionable when heading to a party, you should look for evening gloves made of lambskin. The best leather gloves for men come in a variety of styles, colors, and linings. You can never go wrong with a pair of black leather gloves as it can be paired with several suits and casual jackets.
2. Check the thickness of the leather
Opt for leather gloves that are made of thinner material if you want to use them for driving, as they provide a good grip and prevent muscle strain.
3. Ensure the leather is durable
Cowhide leather and goatskin are some of the most durable forms of leather used in gloves. If you want a long-lasting pair, choose gloves that are made of these materials.
4. Check if the glove is suitably lined
If you need a glove for the outdoors, especially in cold weather, you should find one that has a suitable lining. A polyester faux fur lined leather glove is ideal as it will keep your hands warm and dry.
5. Check if the fingertips allow for the use of mobile devices
If you don’t want to remove your gloves every time you have to use your phone, ensure that the gloves’ fingertips are coated with a touch-screen friendly material.
6. Ensure the cuff style is appropriate
If you are choosing leather work gloves, check the cuff style and ensure it has elastic or can be tightened to keep debris from entering.
7. Measure your hand size using the manufacturer’s approved size chart
Even if you have bought several pairs of similar gloves previously, always check your hand size using the size chart given by the manufacturer. If not, you could end up with gloves that are too small or too big.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are insulated gloves?
Insulated gloves are those with a thick lining and are designed to keep your hands warm during winter. Some gloves are designed with rubber insulation that is ideal when working with electrical wires.
2. How should I wash my leather gloves?
When leather gloves are dirty, they should be wiped clean with a damp cloth. Leather gloves should not be put into a washing machine or immersed in water for cleaning. However, some faux leather gloves are machine-washable. Always read the manufacturer’s recommendations.
3. Do leather gloves shrink when wet?
Leather, once it becomes wet, should be dried naturally. If the leather is dried on a heater or in direct sunlight, it will end up shrinking.
The best leather gloves are versatile, and the thin versions in black or tan are a good accessory to have for everyday wear. The thick leather gloves for work, on the other hand, are an entirely different breed. Work gloves are made of sturdy materials and give your hands vital protection. Go through this list again and choose one that best suits your needs.