A reclining sofa is one on which you can lie down by pushing the back and raising the front. The backrest of these sofas can be tilted to rest your back, while the footrest can be extended upwards using a lever on the side. Most of these sofas are made of faux leather, cloth, and leather upholstery, with leather becoming increasingly popular among some buyers.
Read on for a list of the best leather reclining sofas that you can buy online to add a hint of luxury to your home. The list also features a few PU or faux leather reclining sofas for vegans or those looking for cruelty-free options.
Best Leather Reclining Sofas
Crafted with style under expert guidance, this sophisticated recliner sofa by Best Massage has a sleek design that’s perfect for your lounge. It features a dual-function footrest and extension with a reclining back to relax your body. Made of PU leather, the sofa is waterproof and durable. The legs and frame of this leather reclining power sofa are made of hardwood. The recliner chair, which can support a maximum weight of 275lbs, is available in seven colors.
- Comfortable and adjustable push back chair
- Two minutes to install without any tools
- Comes with a massage mode
- Made of durable steel frame
- The footrest might not lock
The Honbay sectional sofa has firm seating that does not sink in when you sit. The seat cushions of this faux leather sofa are made of serpentine springs and pocket coils – there are four sectional couches with storage bag, nail-head trim, and storage Ottoman. The L-shaped sofa can take a maximum load of 660lb and be arranged in any pattern you like using the Ottoman.
- Easy assembling using the instruction manual
- Breathable, soft, and non-pilling fabric
- Easy to clean any spills
- High-density foam
- Strong foot support structure
- May not provide proper lumbar support
The fully padded reclining chair is made of a wood frame, water-resistant soft rayon fibers, and easy to clean PVC/PU leather. This solid couch can bear a weight of up to 265lb. It has three relaxation modes that you choose a comfortable position to sit. This modern leather reclining sofa is available in three different colors.
- Helps relieve fatigue and provide support for the entire body
- Marshmallow-like softness with extra thick foam
- The footrest and backrest are also filled with rayon fibers
- Pocket spring coil for improving the posture
- Protective foot to prevent scratches on the base and floor
- The fabric might not be durable
Vitesse chairs are made especially for gaming, with a built-in headrest and lumbar support. The premium PU leather is skin-friendly, and the thick sponge padding will give you more comfort. The design is quite ergonomic and comes with a soft headrest, footrest, and a backrest with a reclining angle from 90° to 180°.
- Waterproof and stain-proof material
- Easy to assemble
- One year warranty
- Protective footpad and stable metal transmission
- Extra side storage bag
- May not last longer than a few months
This classic soft leather reclining sofa for two is made of smooth bonded leather fabric with a matte finish. The material helps in controlling sweat and does not stick to the skin. The padded cushion is comfortable and relaxing to relieve you from daily stress. This two-seater reclining couch comes in a shade of brown.
- Ergonomic design
- Provides good back support
- Can fit easily in any space
- The cushion padding might get ripped after a few uses
Made of durable PU leather with solid wood and metal frame, this chair is one of the best leather reclining sofa chairs. It is highly flexible and can be used in three modes, with a reclining angle of 90° to 180°. You can use the wired remote control to activate the massage function, which relaxes your body completely.
- Extra cushion padding in both the back and seat
- Double padded footrest for that extra comfort
- Installation is quite easy
- The armrests are wider
- This recliner might not fit tall people
This exquisite recliner chair has a manual control recliner with an extendable footrest to let you stretch completely. It has eight massage modes and two vibrating nodes on the lumbar area with three intensities that help you relax. This recliner couch has also passed the U/L certification for safety. The weight capacity is 275lb, and it comes in three different colors.
- High-density cushion padding
- Elastic springs that provide comfort
- Covers and fits the curves of the body
- Relieves bodily stress to a great extent
- Side pockets for easy storage
- Smooth and soft surface
- May not fit a taller person
The flash furniture harmony is a two-seater recliner couch that has a very classic design. This sofa is made of soft leather upholstery. The wider armrest with the cushioned back gives you comfort and relaxes your body to relieve physical stress. The capacity of this brown leather reclining sofa is 171lbs.
- The lever mechanism provides great neck and lumbar support
- Easy to assemble
- Great value for money
- May not be suitable for people with pets
The contemporary FDW recliner couch set is quite flexible and comfortable to sit. This sofa comes in parts, making it easy to move it through a smaller, 23-inch door. Made of premium PU leather, this is water-resistant and stain-proof. The couch is soft to lie down upon and comes with a nap mode to promote relaxing sleep. The sofa’s weight is 123.6lb and comes in two rich colors, black and brown.
- High resilience sponge for extra comfort
- Easy to use and clean
- Easy to install in just three minutes
- Durable steel frame
- Wide backrest with a curved shape for maximum comfort
- The seams might get loose
- The material might wear off
The Divano Roma leather recliner couch is the perfect piece of furniture for your living room. Constructed with a durable frame, it has a double reclining mechanism that can be operated using a lever for easy operation. The sofa’s cover is made of linen and high density bonded leather upholstery in a shade of brown. The compact supportive sofa has a mid-century-inspired design with unrivaled comfort and quality
- Easy assembly without any tools
- Can fit into all spaces
- Sturdy and comfortable sofa
- Does not have a very high back
- Stitching quality is not exceptional
The gaming recliner is made of high-quality PU leather and thick padding with skin-friendly seats. It provides an ultra-comfortable experience for those never-ending game sessions with friends. The backrest reclines to 90-180° and can be adjusted according to your comfort.
- Adjustable footrest for maximum comfort
- Superior comfort and firm cushion that does not sink in
- Fits into small spaces
- Impressions on the cushion stay longer
Tips To Maintain A Leather Reclining Sofa
- Avoid eating on the sofa: Any spillage can damage your couch and the leather fabric. It is best not to eat on the sofa and prevent spilling of beverages on it. Also, wipe the spillages immediately to avoid permanent stains on your couch.
- Use a conditioner: This is one of the best ways to ensure long life and maintain the leather sofa’s appearance. Pick a conditioner based on the type of leather used for your sofa.
- Clean regularly: Use a soft cloth to wipe and make sure that no residues remain on the sofa. If there is grease, use a soft dry cloth to clean up. The cleaning material you choose depends on the type of leather.
- Vacuum clean the sofa: Vacuum your sofas regularly to avoid the accumulation of germs and dust. Regular cleaning will remove the dirt that easily settles on the sofa.
- Use slipcovers: Get slipcovers to protect your sofas from getting stained.
How To Choose The Right Leather Reclining Sofa?
Here are a few points to consider for choosing the best reclining sofas.
- Durability: Leather reclining sofas can be expensive. Therefore, buy one that is durable and lasts for at least five to ten years. If you have kids at home, then opt for sofas with hard leather, which are easy to clean.
- Design: Design includes its size and shape. If you have a small living room, then go for something that does not clutter the space. For big rooms, sectional sofas with other additional features would fit perfectly.
- Comfort: If comfort is what you are looking for, then go for a heavily cushioned sofa with adjustable leg rests, wider armrests, and deep seats.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does a reclining sofa make one feel lazy?
Everyone’s entitled to be a little laid back once in a while. It’s only when it becomes a daily habit that it’s a problem. So, you need to divide your time that you spend on your couch. Indulge some activities that will keep your mind charged up refreshed while sitting on the sofa, rather than merely lying down.
2. What is the best quality reclining sofa?
The reclining chairs should accommodate anyone with ease and must be comfortable. They must have cushioned and wide seats with good armrest and footrest to relax your body.
3. Which type of leather is best for a sofa?
There are a few different types of leather that are used for sofas and chairs. The pigmented types are more natural-looking but less resistant to soiling. The second type, semi-aniline leather, is slightly pigmented. Some others include faux leather and full-grain leather, which are used quite commonly.
Reclining leather couches offer some unique advantages as they transform your living area into a beautiful one! However, it may be confusing to pick the right design for your home, considering all the factors. Go through the list and use the buying guide to invest in a good couch that fits well in your living room.