Keeping the bedsheets, covers, and other linens fresh between their washes is easy when you have the best linen sprays. They are cleaning accessories made of essential oils with a subtle fragrance and distilled water or neutral alcohol. Linen sprays are great for eliminating odors from furniture and inside cars. A single spray of these aromatic linen sprays will instantly lift the ambient mood of your home. So, if you’re looking for a linen spray, check out the list we have curated. Pick a suitable one to add long-lasting fragrance to your linen.
10 Best Linen Sprays
1. Best Hypoallergenic: Noodle and Boo Baby Laundry Essentials Ultra-Fresh Linen Mist
Remove odor from comforters, pillows, strollers, car seats, and diaper pails with the Noodle and Boo laundry essentials. It is free of harsh chemicals and specially formulated with plant-based linen spray ingredients. The pleasant scent of the mist freshens up the room’s atmosphere.
This 16oz bottle of linen mist is safe for use on ironed clothes. However, test the mist before using it directly on fabric or furnishing. For best results, spray the mist six inches away from the clothes or furnishing.
- Dermatologist- and pediatrician-tested
- Eco-friendly and biodegradable formula
- Has no artificial ingredients
- Fragrance may be a bit strong for some
- Spray nozzle may get jammed at times
2. Best Multipurpose: Caldrea Sea Salt Neroli Linen & Room Spray
Formulated with lemon, neroli, juniper, and cardamom essential oils, this linen and room spray by Caldrea offers a refreshing scent to uplift your mood. You can use this spray bottle as you iron the clothes or after ironing the clothes. This linen spray with a citrus scent is safe for use on your car seat, garments, carpets, and linens.
However, avoid using this multipurpose spray on finished woods and delicate fabrics, and test it by spraying it on the inside seam.
- Bottle is portable
- Not heavily scented
- Free from formaldehyde, parabens, and animal-derived ingredients
- May not be suitable for fleece material
- May leave residue on some furnished items
3. Best Environment-Friendly: Mary Ellen Best Press Linen Spray
The refreshing fabric spray is environmentally-friendly and clog-free. Use this when you iron the sheets or covers, and enjoy the subtle aroma of the spray when you use them. The 16oz bottle fits your budget and could help settle piles of linens that deliver a refreshing aroma for relaxation. This aromatic mist with vetiver can calm your mind, make you stress-free, and eliminates the need to use starch for linens.
- Non-aerosol spray
- Does not attract bugs
- Keeps sheets and clothes wrinkle-free
- May help tailors and quilters to crispen the fabric like rayon
- Does not cause flaking
- May cause the eyes to sting in some cases
- May leak
Noodle and Boo Baby Laundry Essentials Ultra-Fresh Linen Mist
Caldrea Sea Salt Neroli Linen & Room Spray
Mary Ellen Best Press Linen Spray
|Dimensions||2.5 x 2.5 x 9.75 inches||2.98 x 2.44 x 9.5 inches||3.5 x 3 x 8.5 inches|
|Weight||1.17 Pounds||1 Pounds||-|
4. Best Natural Ingredients: Tree Activ Natural Linen Spray
Tree Activ is a one-of-a-kind mist infused with high-quality natural ingredients like tea tree water, peppermint water, and others to calm your senses, guard your skin, and freshen up the room atmosphere. Abandon stomach-churning odors and treat the bacteria with a spray of this liquid. This refreshing scent works for your bed sheets, pillows, covers, clothes, and furniture too. Emulsify the natural aroma in the house and forget all the nerve-wracking problems. Tree Activ linen spray has aromatherapeutic properties and a subtle fragrance, making it a great bedding fragrance option.
- May help prevent acne-causing irritants
- May help clean the linen
- Provides a sense of tranquility
- May smell powdery
- Fragrance may not be long-lasting
5. Best Phthalate-Free: Eclectic Lady Warm Vanilla Sugar Linen Spray
Warm Vanilla sugar linen spray, with scents of vanilla and brown sugar, can make your linen closet sweet-smelling and appealing. This mist also has a hint of musk, which adds to the freshness of the linens. The aromatherapeutic properties, and subtle vanilla, can help calm your mood and promote peaceful sleep. This relaxing sleep aid comes packaged in two-ounce bottles.
- Made without artificial colors, parabens, or preservatives.
- Provides a sense of peace
- Available in single and double strength
- Available in different quantities
- Fragrance may not be long-lasting
- May leak
6. Best Long-Lasting Fragrance: Eclectic Lady Rose Linen Spray
Rose linen spray emulsifies English rose and preservatives without any harm. Spray it on pillows or linens and feel the pleasant fragrance spread around. The handmade spritz offers top-quality fragrance and is long-lasting too. It comes in a 2oz bottle, packed to be leak-proof for delivery. A single spray on linen banishes lousy odors and bacteria. Enjoy the blend of roses with chemical-free dye, and let your room be a place of calmness and serenity. It can be applied to any space to bring a sense of calm and peace.
- Subtle soothing scent
- Doubles as pillow spray
- Made without artificial colors, parabens, preservatives
- Available in various quantities
- May not be strong enough for larger rooms
7. Best Easy-To-Use: DRMTLGY Lavender And Chamomile Linen Mist
Make your beds, linens, pillows, yoga mats, and furniture smell relaxing with the DRMTLGY linen mist. This calming bedroom scent is free of parabens, formaldehyde, hexylene glycol, and sulfates. It is blended with natural ingredients – chamomile, jojoba seed, lavender, and witch hazel to lift your mood and alleviate stress.
You can spray this mist on dried clothes to add a fresh lavender scent to your closet. You can also use the mist as a room spray or for your carpet to smell fresh and aromatic. This eight-ounce lavender linen spray comes in a convenient and reusable plastic bottle.
- Non-toxic and cruelty-free
- Versatile product
- Lavender and chamomile promote sleep
- Convenient to use
- Scent may fade quickly
- May leave residue on the floor or furniture
8. Best Soothing: Brookethorne Naturals Calm Aromatherapy Spray
The Brookthorne Naturals linen spray is enriched with natural botanicals that deliver a calming, relaxing, and fresh scent. The essential oils of lavender and chamomile help alleviate stress and anxiety and improve sleep quality. This aromatherapy linen spray is made using organic ingredients and is safe to use around children. Moreover, this natural scent can be used in multiple ways, including as a linen spray, car freshener, room fragrance, and air freshener.
- No added preservatives
- No harmful chemicals or toxins
- May require frequent reapplication
- May cover only a small area
9. Best-Smelling Ingredients: Michel Design Works Beach Linen Spray
Available in a 2.7 fl.oz bottle, the Michel Design Works linen spray for sheets and pillows is infused with amber, watermelon, and bergamot, and freshens the room by eliminating the unpleasant odors from the house. The softly scented linen spray fills the room with a super-fine aroma, giving it a heavenly feel. A whiff of it anywhere on the linens or pillow before or after bedtime smells entirely pleasant. Every room has its charm, and this pillow mist will level it up.
- Quickly adds a soothing scent to the room
- Quantity is sufficient
- Gives more smell from less quantity of spray
- Odor may be quite sweet for some
- Odor may not be strong enough for some
10. Best Floral: Abbey & Sullivan Linen Spray
Ensure bed linen freshness with the Abbey & Sullivan Linen Spray. Formulated with water, surfactant, isopropanol, and fragrance, this linen spray can impart all of your bedroom a pleasant scent and make your space more inviting. You can spritz the floral-scented linen spray over your clothes, pillows, bedsheets, and even in your closet to keep them smelling clean and soothing.
- Indoor-safe formulation
- Light floral undertone
- Masks musty odors
- Lifts mood
- Some may find the scent a bit overpowering
How To Choose The Right Linen Sprays?
Ilia Mundut, an expert in home decor, says, “When shopping for a good linen spray, consider the fragrance and strength of the scent as well as its ingredients to ensure it is safe for use on your linens and skin. Additionally, look for a linen spray that is easy to use, has a long-lasting effect, and leaves your linens smelling fresh and clean.”
To pick the best linen spray, look for sprays that
- Have organic ingredients and aromas that you like and make you feel better.
- Can soothe and help you de-stress.
- Complement your home’s ambiance with their long-lasting fragrances.
- Are pocket-friendly and budget-friendly.
- Are safe for use on all types of linens, including bed sheets, pillow covers, throw pillows, curtains, and carpets.
Why Trust MomJunction?
We have gone through many websites and researched the diverse demands of consumers to compile the best linen sprays that can instantly bring a fresh aroma to your home and clothes. Each product contains a detailed description as well as a shopping guide to assist you in selecting the right linen spray. We have also addressed some commonly asked questions about these linen sprays for your convenience.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What does a linen spray do?
Scented linen spray works sublimely with its mist. The aroma of a soothing bedroom scent refreshes you and givesyou a revitalized feeling. A linen spray for sheets, clothes, or bed linens has a subtle aroma and can also make your ironing smooth.
2. Can I make linen sprays at home?
Yes, you can try making linen sprays on your own. It is not arduous work as it takes some distilled or purified water infused with few drops of essential oils to pique aromatherapeutic properties in it. Additionally, use any essential oil blends for fragrance mists. You can even add a few drops of alcohol to make it an aromatic disinfectant.
3. Are linen sprays safe?
Linen sprays that are free of harsh chemicals, parabens, artificial substances, synthetic fragrances, and phthalates are considerably safer. Yet, all safety precautions, like keeping them away from children, should be taken.
4. Which essential oils smell like fresh linen?
Essential oils that smell like fresh linen predominantly include lavender, rose, vanilla, and lemon extracts.
5. Are linen sprays worth it?
Since washing your bedsheets, curtains, and other linen clothing daily can be expensive, unnecessary, and impossible, using safe linen sprays to keep them fresh smelling is a feasible alternative until the next wash.
6. Can I use room spray as linen spray?
Sometimes room sprays may contain chemicals that may not be good for the skin or linen. Therefore, it is better to use safe linen sprays that are specifically formulated for this purpose. Plus, the fragrances in room sprays may not always smell like fresh linen.
7. What is the difference between room spray and linen spray?
Room sprays are specifically made to freshen up the atmosphere in the home or office space by introducing fragrances and odor-fighting agents into the room’s air. Linen sprays are meant to keep different fabrics fresh and fragrant.
Linen sprays can help you keep your linens, such as bed sheets, curtains, and even shirts, fresh and clean between washes. Since linen sprays are formulated with essential oils, they are scented. Therefore, you should understand your preference for fragrances before settling for one. Buying a linen spray free of harsh chemicals and toxins helps ensure your linens don’t irritate your skin. Our top picks include the Abbey & Sullivan Linen Spray with a refreshing floral fragrance and the Caldrea Sea Salt Neroli Linen & Room Spray with a citrusy scent. When you buy the best linen spray, it will also help create the right ambiance at your home.
- Best Air Fresheners For Bathroom
- Best Odor Eliminators For Your Rooms
- Best Fabric Spray Paints
- Best Fabric Protectors For Furniture