Tired of alternating between a lip balm and lip gloss or lipstick, and ending up with sticky lips? You may consider using a lip oil, which can protect your lips by hydrating and nourishing them. Lip oils work both as a gloss and a balm that soothes chapped lips. Some come in a variety of tints and flavors that make you feel refreshed. In this post, MomJunction shares the best lip oils you may consider buying.
The Top 15 Best Lip Oils To Buy In 2021
This is an easy-to-apply lip oil that delivers a healthy glow to your lips. The oil provides necessary hydration to the lips and seals moisture within to prevent the skin from drying out. It also reduces creases on the lips, and its antioxidants provide nourishment to the delicate skin, helping them counteract the aging process.
Natural oils, such as castor oil, argan oil, and sunflower seed oil, along with vitamin E, are combined in this lip oil that effortlessly moisturizes lips and keeps them healthy. The SPF 32 rated lip oil protects against blue light generated by computer screens and prevents damage resulting from exposure to UVA and UVB rays. It is vegan-friendly and does not contain parabens or phthalates, making it safe for children.
This creamy lip oil is a blend of coconut oil, pear seed oil, cloudberry oil, and chia seed oil, along with green tea extracts. These ingredients are combined with amino acids to create a formula that effortlessly rejuvenates lips and moisturizes them. It also keeps the lips looking young and reduces fine lines that are formed as people age. Offered in several tints, it is ideal for those who want sheer lip oil with an attractive color.
Honey extract is one of the main ingredients in this lip oil that promotes healing of chapped lips. The lip oil is clear and delivers the right amount of hydration to keep lips healthy. As it creates a mild gloss when applied, it is suitable for children and can be applied repeatedly to keep the skin on the lips from flaking. Apply a little bit at first to test the presence of any allergens and wait for 48 hours before applying more.
This natural oil works well in different weather conditions and keeps the lips moisturized and healthy. Created with ginger oil, this lip oil protects your lips in all seasons. It has moisture-locking ingredients and draws in moisture from the surroundings and helps your lips appear fuller and firmer. It is designed to work instantly upon application, and users often notice fuller lips within minutes.
Infused with vitamins and Omega 3, 6, 9 fatty acids, this lip oil is designed to provide deep nourishment and moisturization to the lips. The antioxidant vitamins C and E help reduce lines that result from the aging process. It has a special blend of ingredients that allow it to be applied with ease and deliver a healthy gloss to lips. The lip oil comes in six shades and feels just right on the lips.
Produced by combining natural plant oils, it is an ideal choice for those who want lip oil with a dash of attractive color. It coats the lips easily and leaves a protective film that makes them appear fuller. The oil offers rich moisturization to prevent skin from drying out. With 100 percent natural oils, it is ideally suited for those who want a lip oil to soothe chapped and cracked lips.
Ranking high among the best lip oils created from natural ingredients, this lip oil is also available in drugstores. It is also tinted and, therefore, doubles up as a lipstick when you are in a hurry. Featuring oils extracted from meadowfoam seed, soybean, and also coconut, it is non-sticky and comes in various shades, and provides a translucent coverage and mild gloss to the lips.
This lip oil has vitamins C and E, jojoba oil, and raspberry seed oil that moisturize your lips and give them a good shine. It comes with a pink tint that delivers a subtle natural lip color and can be applied over the lipstick to provide a protective layer to the color. This non-sticky lip oil is also vegan and cruelty-free.
Created with plant essence, this natural lip oil is specially formulated to enhance lips and make them plumper by absorbing moisture from the air and trapping it within the skin. The lip oil is ideally suited for those with thin lips or faint lines and reduces the signs of aging while moisturizing and protecting sensitive skin. Ginger and mint extracts are the primary ingredients in the oil and provide aging lips with increased elasticity.
This lip oil is formulated to reduce chapping and fine lines on the lips. It has a tint of raspberry and features a combination of natural plant-based oils and vitamins A, C, and E, which provide moisturization and protect the lips. The oil is designed to improve the skin of the lips gradually and is infused with mint that makes the lips plumper.
A blend of Jojoba, camellia seed, and argan oils, this natural lip oil has a scent of honey. The scent has a unique quality and helps improve your mood while ensuring your lips remain glossy all day. It is designed to plump and moisturize your lips and helps counteract fine lines and other signs of aging. It is also available in berry flavor.
Created with a potent mixture of oils rich in nutrients, this lip oil provides the sensitive skin of the lips with moisture and protection. The slightly tinted lip oil is priced affordably, as the normal drugstore brands, and delivers the ideal amount of moisturization to keep the lips looking glossy all day long. It is available in several tints and combines well with lipsticks, while its moisture-locking effects ensure that the lips do not dry out.
Created with a formula that is designed to combat signs of aging, this is one of the best oils for lips and comes in an attractive container. The oil features ingredients that actively reduce fine lines, improve moisturization, and lip fullness upon application. Vitamins and botanical oils are also included in the lip oil to ensure that the lips remain healthy.
This is one of the best oil for lips as it protects them from a variety of environmental factors that cause dryness and chapping. It is infused with vitamin E and C that provide deep hydration while peptides from plants ensure that the lips appear fuller. Natural oils such as palm and flaxseed provide deep moisturization, while antioxidants in it help rejuvenate the sensitive skin of the lips and reduce fine lines.
How To Use Lip Oils?
Knowing the right way to use lip oils is as important as getting the best product for your needs. To get the most out of the best lip oils mentioned above, here is how you should go about using them.
- Exfoliate dead skin from lips with a scrub before applying the lip oil.
- Applying lip oil before putting on lipstick allows for quicker healing of chapped lips.
- Matte lipsticks should be applied after using the lip oil.
- Putting on lip oil twice or thrice per day helps protect sensitive skin during winter.
- Lip oils can be applied before going to bed to promote the healing of chapped lips.
- Ensure the applicator does not have residue that will obstruct the flow of the lip oil.
Benefits Of Using Lip Oils
Lip oils, whether they are drugstore brands or a luxe product available at a premium price, are increasingly becoming popular. However, even as lip oils have been outshining lipsticks, the benefits that they provide are still largely unknown. Below we have outlined some of the leading benefits provided by lip oils.
- Vitamins E and C used in lip oils rejuvenate the lips and reduce signs of aging
- Provides vital moisture for the lips, which do not have oil-secreting glands
- Prevents skin on the lips from drying and reduces the formation of chapped lips
- Helps treat sensitive skin on lips that are chapped or cracked
- Absorbs moisture from the air and makes the lips plumper
- Oils can make lips, which thin out as people age, appear fuller and firmer
- Colored lip oils can be used instead of lipsticks
- Lip oil defines the shape of lips and the cupid bow area
How To Choose The Right Lip Oil For Your Needs?
Some lip oils are better than the rest and are infused with superior oils. Here is how you should go about finding the best lip oil for your lips.
- Decide whether you want the lip oil to replace your lipstick.
- With several lip oils mimicking the look and feel of glossy lipsticks, people are picking a costlier brand that has a color that they prefer. Using such lip oil, people can cut out lipstick and get the better moisturization provided by advanced formulas and oils.
- Pick lip oil that is ideal for winter wear.
- Dry lips are common during the winter. So, when choosing lip oil, it is ideal that you pick a variety that works well during these months. Ideal lip oils for winter remain glossy and provide the right amount of moisturization without becoming sticky after a few hours.
- Remember that tinted lip oils often change color after application.
- Many of the tints in lip oils are designed to change color after they are applied on the lips. When choosing a lip oil, consider this and ensure that the color that you pick is ideal for work if you plan to wear it all day long.
- Buy lip oils that are free of tints if you want to use them overnight.
- Applying a neutral shade of lip oil, and leaving it overnight allows for moisture to seep deeper and for sunburnt or chapped lips to heal faster.
Do Lip Oils Protect Against UV Rays?
Dermatologists are increasingly prescribing lip oils to protect the sensitive skin of the lips against the harmful effects of UV rays. These lip oils come with an SPF rating of 15 or above and are easily available in the market. Additionally, lip oils that have emollients such as coconut oil ensure moisture is retained within the tissue of the lips and does not evaporate and cause dryness.
With the quality of lip oils improving, you can buy the perfect lip oil for your needs in your local drugstore or get it at a lower price online. Alternatively, you can go online to compare different international brands and find a vegan-friendly or cruelty-free product. Let us know in the comments section below if the lip oils listed above benefited you and delivered just what you were expecting.