If you wish to have a perfume that lingers on for a long time even after you leave the room, then pick the best long-lasting perfumes for women from our collection. Apply once and these perfumes will be part of you for the entire day. So how can you figure out which perfume would be long-lasting? Keep scrolling through our post of the most popular long-lasting perfumes with their descriptions and select the best from the lot.
21 Best Long-Lasting Perfumes For Women
1. Best With Floral Notes: Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb Eau de Parfum Spray for Women
Like its name suggests, Flowerbomb from the fashion house of Dutch designer duo Viktor & Rolf, comes with an explosion of floral scents. A powerful and bold fragrance, Flowerbomb has been a consistent bestseller and a signature scent for many. This perfume has been labeled as iconic and is often rated as the best female perfume in the world. Check out this video to learn more.
- Classic and long-lasting perfume lingers on for many hours
- Sweet, girly, and feminine fragrance
- Infused with addictive floral notes of centifolia rose, sambac jasmine, cattleya orchid, freesia, and India osmanthus as well as the always-pleasing patchouli and vanilla
- Expensive in comparison to other ladies’ perfumes
2. Best Alcohol-Free: Mixologie – Electric (Citrus Twist)
One of the eight alcohol-free rollerball fragrances from Mixologie that can be blended together, Electric comes with a citrus medley of pink grapefruit, zesty lemon, and sweet mandarin. This fragrance has been formulated to evoke an electric mood.
- Not too strong and alcohol-free, which ensure it isn’t overpowering
- A subtle scent that manages to linger on for a long time
- Can be layered with other Mixologie fragrances to create a custom mix
- Fresh and clean fragrance
- Available in roll-on option only, no spray version
3. Best Long-Lasting: 24 Faubourg by Hermes for Women
Named after the novel written by Maurice Roucel in 1995, Faubourg has been created to be luxurious. A fusion of floral top notes and woody base notes, 24 Faubourg is considered to be a classic. You may check more about this product from this video.
- Sophisticated and warm fragrance
- Intense, sharp, and crisp scent
- Long-lasting aroma that stays on with the user for several hours
- Fragrance isn’t very subtle
4. Best With Musky Base Note: Philosophy Amazing Grace
This Eau de Parfum is from the wellbeing beauty brand Philosophy that focuses on combining science with inspiration. This perfume is known for its feminine fragrance that combines floral and fruity notes along with a base note of musk. This video offers a detailed review of the product.
- Simple, light, and elegant scent
- Soft silage makes it ideal for office wear
- Fragrance lingers on for many hours post application
- Sprayer may not be very durable
5. Best For Spring And Summer: Christian Dior Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet
From the top fashion house established by the late French fashion designer Christian Dior, Blooming Bouquet pays homage to the brand’s legendary association with flowers. Its aroma comes from a combination of top notes including Calabrian Bergamont, with Peony and Damascus Rose at its heart. At the base is white musk. All together, they provide a spring-like floral signature fragrance.
- Feminine and refreshing with a subtle fragrance
- Long-lasting—stays for a few hours
- Can be worn by women of any age group
- Ideal for spring and summer
- May be a little too light
6. Best For All Ages: Burberry Women’s Classic Eau de Parfum
A crowd pleaser for decades now, this fragrance has fruity top notes of blackcurrant and fresh green apple. The heart notes of cedarwood, jasmine, moss, and sandalwood make the fragrance rich and sensual, while the base notes of musk and vanilla add gentle warmth.
- Classic scent for all ages and all seasons
- Lasts all day long
- Clean, light, and not overpowering
- Slightly expensive
7. Best Youthful: Gucci Bloom Eau de Parfum
This perfume by the Italian Luxury Brand Gucci has been envisioned as a thriving garden of flowers and created to unfold like its name. Tuberose and Jasmine are the predominant notes, while the Rangoon creeper infuses a powdery, floral edge.
- Manages to achieve a floral scent without a heavy aroma
- Clean, youthful, and casual scent that is easy to carry off
- Reasonable and value for money
- Manages to last for five hours
- Not suited for wear in winter
8. Best For Everyday Office Wear: Marc Jacobs Women’s Daisy Eau de Toilette Spray
Marc Jacobs Women’s Daisy Eau de Toilette Spray is designed to make its user feel as fresh as a Daisy. The fragrance begins with notes of grapefruit, pear, strawberry, and raspberry before moving on to violet, rose, apple blossom, and jasmine, and ends with a woody musk base.
- Scores high on longevity
- Good projection and moderate sillage make it a good choice for everyday office wear.
- Fresh, clean, and airy fragrance that is non-offensive
- Fruity aroma gives it a sweet smell
- Fruity-floral combination is not completely original—some may find it generic
- May not suit winter weather
9. Best Sillage: Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel Eau de Parfum Spray
This is an Oriental floral fragrance for women. The modern fragrance combines citrusy notes with white floral notes of grasse jasmine and may rose, and winds up with notes of patchouli and vetiver.
- Smells luxurious, classy, and rich
- Sweet but not overpowering
- Feminine fragrance suited for all age groups
- Good sillage and longevity
- Hefty price tag
10. Best Moisturizing :Deluvia Hydra Spray – Vanilla Lavender
This is a moisturizing body spray and face mist with essential oils, organic aloe vera, dead sea salt, and vitamins A and C. The fragrance is a blend of tranquil lavender and creamy vanilla.
- Paraben-free and cruelty-free
- Free of alcohol and dyes, so it can also be used as a deodorant or aromatic spray in your room
- Rich in antioxidants and vitamins
- Along with providing fragrance, it also acts as a moisturizer
- May not be concentrated
The Zoha Vanilla Bloom Spray Perfume is a unique blend of exotic essential oils and fragrant ingredients worldwide. This perfume oil starts with a light fragrance, then blooms with the help of your skin’s natural heat to give you a unique scent. So indulge in this simple pleasure of vanilla & jasmine, giving you a sense of blooming flowers all over your body!
- Clinically tested
- Free of harsh chemicals
- May not last all day
- Might be intense for some
This is a Brazilian floral fragrance inspired by the freshness and romance in the air during early spring. Its aroma is that of a bouquet of fragrant fruity, floral, and green-scented tones. The top notes are of mandarin, cassis, peaches, fresh fruit complex, and pink pepper. The middle notes are of woodland lily, rose, ylang ylang, and gardenia, while the base notes are musk, cedarwood, and sandalwood.
- The scent is fresh and uplifting
- Light and delicate yet long-lasting scent
- May not be suitable for fall or winter
This body spray contains a scientifically formulated human pheromone blend for women and is formulated to attract men. It is infused with active ingredients such as estratetraenol, copulins, ginseng extract, ambac jasmine, rose, iris, and Neroli.
- Lasts for up to 35 hours after application which is much longer than other perfumes and colognes
- Made with natural and organic ingredients
- Consistency of the spray is thick and may not spray easily
Laila by Geir Ness is a fresh and feminine fragrance that captures the beautiful essence of Norway in a bottle. The captivating fusion of Norwegian wildflowers and herbs with a refreshing touch of lavender creates a refreshing scent when mixed with the body’s natural oils. It can mesmerize you with its subtle but distinct, light yet long-lasting scent that leaves you feeling fresh all day long.
- Stays intact in humid conditions
- Crisp watermelon essence
- High-quality ingredients
- Scent may be faint for some
- Might have a watery consistency
Le Monde Gourmand perfumes contain a blend of addictive scents that adds a finishing touch to your look. Crème Vanille is a warm, sweet, and elevated version of vanilla that you can apply on clean, moisturized skin and joints. With welcoming notes of Jasmine Petals, Creamy Apricot, Amber, and Brown Sugar, this fragrance leaves you with warmth and comfort.
- Lasts long
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- Sufficient quantity
- No harsh chemicals
- Might have a powdery scent
- Might have a strong smell of alcohol
Dwell into the world of nature the whole day with this best smelling perfume for women by VeraWang. The fragrance captures the essence of apple, water-lily, apricot, chocolate, guava, and tuberose. It also has a mild touch of vanilla and amber that can be very distinctive.
- Has a sweet aroma
- Long lasting
- Comes in a compact bottle
- Not an aroma that might appeal to everybody
The Happy perfume by Clinique has a lovely citrusy fragrance that will linger with you throughout the day. With the natural concentration of 10-20%, the fragrance would last for nearly five hours. The fragrance also comes in an ergonomic and compact bottle that takes up little space in your purse.
- Has a sleek and stylish design
- Can be used every day
- Offers fresh fragrance
- Contains alcohol
The Versace best smelling perfume for women is an ideal gift for any occasion. The fragrance comes in an attractive bottle and has high notes of pomegranate and yuzu. With a touch of the mild fragrance of lotus, magnolia, and peony, this distinctive fragrance brings a summer feel to lighten the ambiance.
- Has a lasting fragrance
- Alcohol-free composition
- The spray produces a fine mist
- Not suitable for sensitive skin
Bliss by RawChemistry is a light and delicate women’s perfume with a soft and sensual undertone. The carefully chosen blend of natural oils is soft & succulent, filled with life and feminine essence. It uplifts and refreshes with the elegance of light green botanicals, seductive jasmine, sophisticated white florals, comforting sandalwood, and alluring musk.
- No harmful chemicals
- Convenient to carry
- Product may be oily
- Might be slightly flowery
Marina de Bourbon is a captivating cocktail of elegant florals and woody notes. The fruity top note is a pleasant combination of blackcurrant, bergamot, and pear. Lily of the valley and jasmine are in the heart, delivering a feminine scent. Finally, sandalwood and musk form the base to create an ideal balance for this splendid fragrance.
- Sophisticated design
- Musky and sweet notes are well-balanced
- Ideal for every occasion
- Soft and sensual scent
- May not have a lasting effect
- Might be sweeter than expected for some
Having a unisexual fragrance, this therapeutic essential oil has an exquisite smell of mukhalat, rose malaki and musk. The oil is lightweight yet has a strong flavor that even a few drops would create a wonderful fragrance around you. It is also non-alcoholic.
- Comes in an appealing bottle
- Has a lasting-fragrance
- A few may find its application difficult
How To Choose A Long-Lasting Perfume
Consider these pointers when choosing a long-lasting perfume.
- Type of scent: Opt for parfums and Eau de Parfums for long-lasting scents. These have a high concentration of perfume.
- Focus on base notes: Perfumes that are base-note heavy tend to last longer as the base notes are those that linger the longest. Heavy base notes include wood, amber, leather, and musk.
- Avoid mixing fragrances: When shopping for fragrances, do not wear anything that can interfere with the scent of the perfume you are trying out. Also, do not try out multiple perfumes at the same time.
- Open pores help retain the scent: The best time to apply perfume to make it last longer is immediately after your shower. Your skin can absorb the smell better at this time and prolongs the retention time.
Jodie Filogomo, a style consultant and fashion blogger, says, “Remember, our olfactory sense gets used to the perfume we wear daily, and you might not notice it anymore. However, it does not mean you should wear more perfume. A little spritz is all you need to smell fabulous all day.”
Why Trust MomJunction?
Poulami Nag, the author of this product, writes about beauty, clothing, and personal care products. She has analyzed hundreds of products and their reviews before shortlisting them. The list includes perfumes that cater to various tastes — the ones with strong fragrance, with a light and subtle one, of natural ingredients, vegan perfumes, non-alcoholic, and more. In short, this post will help you understand your preferences better and choose one that suits your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I make my perfume last all day?
Here are some tricks to make your perfume last all day.
- Apply it immediately after your bath.
- Spray it on your pulse points since the skin is the thinnest in these areas.
- Moisturize well to lock in the fragrance.
- Spray it on your clothes as well.
2. How do I smell good all day?
Opting for a roll-on version rather than a spray could help you get the perfume on the precise points. Plus, applying perfume on your hair brush before brushing your hair can also make you smell good all day.
3. Where should I spray my perfume to make it last longer?
Applying the perfume on the following pulse points could help it last longer.
- Front of the elbows
- Front of the wrists
- Back and sides of your neck
- Back of your knees
- Behind your ears
4. Why does my perfume fade so quickly?
If you apply perfume on dry skin and do not hydrate the skin well, the perfume can evaporate quickly. Keeping your perfumes in the bathroom could also reduce their potency since the bathroom’s temperature may not be ideal. Citrus notes fade quickly, and hence, may not be the right choice if you’re looking for a perfume that lasts all day.
5. Does perfume last longer on the skin or clothes?
Although perfumes stay longer on the clothes than the skin, applying them on both skin and clothes can make the fragrance last longer.
6. How many perfumes should a woman have?
Although this is a matter of personal preference, to add a bit of variety, one should have a perfume for daily use, which could serve as a signature fragrance, another for the evening, and a third for special occasions.
7. What ingredient makes a perfume last longer?
Perfumes with woody notes last longer than other notes. In terms of concentration, perfumes with 20 to 30% perfume oil last long. Certain ingredients such as oud, musk, sandalwood, vetiver, and benzoin can make the fragrance last longer.
When you’re using the best long-lasting perfume for women, you won’t need to carry it around because a small squirt in the morning goes a long way. In the options listed here, you will find a diverse range of fragrances to match your preferences. These perfumes will leave you smelling like anything from a blooming bouquet to a fresh rainforest any time of the year. To find your signature scent, consider factors such as your skin type, the season, and the occasion.
- Best YSL Perfumes For Women
- Best Guerlain Perfumes
- Best Tom Ford Perfumes For Women
- Best Perfumes For Teens