If you’ve ever tried capturing photos at night, you would know that the results are often dark and blurry and not fit enough to showcase. So, here’s our list of the best low-light cameras to help you capture high-quality images without sufficient lighting. Low-light cameras utilize large sensors and lenses with longer shutter speeds to capture more light.
Although challenging, you can easily finesse the art of low-light photography with these cameras. So, explore the various options and features to find a camera that suits your needs.
Our Top Picks
13 Best Low Light Cameras
Designed especially for low light conditions, this is one of the best cameras for night photography with 1080p HD video resolution. With a trigger speed of 0.5 seconds with three continuous shots, you cannot miss taking a perfect picture. It has a 2.4in LCD screen equipped with easy navigation and options for time-lapse settings, PIR interval, and video length.
- Invisible nighttime scouting
- High photo resolution of 16MP
- 360° surround recording
- Easy to operate
- Can be used for taking photos and videos
- 26 infrared LEDs for night clicks
- Does not include batteries and SD card
- Not water-resistant
Canon’s low light camera with 720p HD video capabilities and 8X optical zoom along with an optical image stabilizer could be a wise investment. It is equipped with a 20MP CCD sensor combined with a DIGIC 4+ image processor to make every click flawless. The unique smart auto feature selects the right settings depending upon the predefined shooting scenarios.
- Reduces subject movement
- Compatible with different Android devices
- Different scene modes for clicking pictures
- Slim and compact design
- May not have an option to use the flash as per requirement manually
Be it shooting a video or clicking pictures; this is one of the best cameras for low light photography. Featuring a digital camera of 24MP and 1080p FHD camcorder, this makes a complete solution for different photography needs. It has a screen size of 3in and 16X digital zoom to click with ease. Equipped with IR night vision, this low light camera makes it convenient to click night pictures.
- Supports remote control
- Lightweight and sturdy design
- Supports external microphone
- Can be connected to the PC
- Has a pause feature
- Includes motion detection, and self-shooting
- May not allow taking macro shots
The ultra-low light camera with a large aperture and special auto-exposure feature make low light photography easier. It has a 20MP camera with a 100ft night vision flash range. The advanced H.264 1080P 30fps feature makes video recording with sound clear and smooth. It features a 0.1s trigger speed and 0.5s recovery to capture every moment with ease.
- Easy to use
- 2.3in high-resolution color screen
- Waterproof design
- Comes with a 12-month replacement warranty
- Motion detection may not be effective
Click the best of pictures with this low light camera featuring a 25X optical zoom and an intelligent IS that ensures image stabilization. It has a built-in NFC and Wi-Fi that let you transfer or share pictures and videos easily. The 20MP CMO sensor with a DIGIC 4+ image processor allows you to click pictures in different light conditions.
- Large 3in LCD
- Aspect ratio of 4:3
- Delivers high-quality pictures in night mode
- 1080p Full HD video
- Wide angle lens
- May not allow charging through USB
Featuring auto, manual, and movie modes; this is a low light action camera. It has a high-resolution F2.0 lens with a maximum 8X zoom and back-illuminated image sensor to click crisp pictures. The five different underwater shooting modes and three underwater white balance modes make it a complete package.
- Crushproof and dustproof design
- Waterproof construction
- Anti-fog feature
- Designed to record high-speed movies
- Offers magnified shooting of up to 1cm
- Pictures clicked on the default setting may be of low quality
The Fujifilm camera with In-Body Image Stabilization makes sure every picture is sharp and steady. It features a mechanical shutter that can produce 15 frames every second. The 1.62 million-pixel touchscreen LCD with variable angles gives you the flexibility and versatility in clicking pictures.
- Excels in taking still and motion pictures
- Impressive battery life
- Smart autofocus
- Clicks crisp and clear pictures
- Has a recording limit of 30min
It is a rear and front dash cam featuring a Sony Starvis Image Sensor and dual-band Wi-Fi. It is equipped with GPS and Bluetooth remote control. Designed for impeccable night and day recording, this camera promises full HD recording with 1920X1080p resolution.
- 2in HD screen
- Offers clear and crisp picture
- Compact and low-maintenance design
- Wide angle lens
- Convenient to install
- Parking mode may not be functional
Enjoy crystal clear images with this digital camera that can shoot pictures at 30MP. It has a unique vlog camera that works well in low-light conditions. The 3in screen with 180° rotation supports face recognition. It supports three shooting functions to get that perfect shot.
- Supports pause function
- Allows recording videos while charging
- Compact design
- Supports external 52MM lens
- Lightweight and portable
- Video camera can also be used as a webcam
- Colors of the pictures may not be natural
Designed to take professional pictures and videos, this camera has a pretty high photoreceptive surface that delivers dynamic range. It is equipped with a 4K Anamorphic mode that offers high performance and mobility. The twin SD card slots, TC out/in/synchro terminal, and headphone jack add to the convenience of using this camera.
- Captures video with noise reduction
- Made of durable magnesium alloy
- Dustproof and splashproof
- Includes lots of accessories
- Allows transfer of data to mobile
- Photo quality may not be sharp
The adaptable camera with high resolution and low-light performance from Nikon could be a worthy pick. It has an 8K time-lapse and 120/180 slow motion that makes recording video fun. Featuring a 24.5MP back-illuminated image sensor and 273 point on the sensor phase-detect AF system, this low light camera lets you take the perfect videos and pictures.
- Takes sharp and crystal clear pictures
- Fast and accurate focus
- Balanced weight
- Ergonomic design
- Records video in full frame
- Third party batteries may not work
Yisence’s unique and compact digital camera has a resolution of 20fps for recording videos and a 48MP resolution for clicking pictures. The flashlight makes it easier to click pictures even when it is dark. It has a 2.7in LCD rear-facing display and a 1.8in LCD front-facing display. You can shoot continuously, even while charging the camera.
- Lightweight and compact
- Waterproof camera
- Includes a drawstring pouch
- Selfie timer
- Easy to operate
- May have a flimsy plastic body
Featuring face detection, slow motion, anti-shake, and various other features; this low light camera offers a high resolution of 1080p. With a 36MP camera, it allows recording high-quality videos with noise compression. The SteadyShot image stabilization with active mode provides clearer images with minimal blur.
- Compact and portable design
- Supports webcam
- Clicks clear images
- Has 700mAh rechargeable batteries
- Includes a selfie timer
- May not be durable
Things to Consider While Buying The Right Low Light Camera
Here are some points to consider while purchasing a low light camera:
- Sensor size: Full frame cameras with 35mm film camera sensors could be the best choice to capture images in low light.
- Stabilization: For clicking high-quality images in low light, choose a camera with a highly stabilized lens.
- Noise: In low light situations when ISO is pushed to high limits, noise distortion is common. A noisy photo will never be sharp and clear. Therefore, it is essential to go with cameras with low noise performance.
With a low light camera at one’s disposal, capturing mesmerizing nighttime images with great clarity becomes so much easier. When choosing a camera for low light photography, it is crucial you opt for one with good noise-handling capacity so that you can shoot clear pictures even at high ISO settings. The best low light cameras are compact and portable and come with quality rechargeable batteries. Most of these cameras are also lightweight yet durable and easy to operate.
Why Trust MomJunction?
We have curated a list of the best low-light cameras available in the market after in-depth research and review of various products and user reviews. These cameras are durable, efficient, easy to operate, and made of high-quality materials. We have highlighted the pros and cons of each product to help you make an informed decision. The list also includes detailed product features and a buying guide for your convenience.