A luxury showerhead can offer you a rejuvenating bath while adding style to your bathroom. It needs to have the proper water pressure, a good spray, no-clogging, and durable construction. So, we have compiled a list of the best luxury showerheads to help you narrow down your choices.
Top Products From Our List
Types Of Shower Heads
Showerheads are of various types depending on style, design, utility, and pressure. Here are some basic types of showerheads.
- Fixed or wall-mounted: These are the most economical. They measure a maximum of five inches, and you can move the head to change the angle. However, there are no additional features or adjustments available in this type.
- Handheld: Easy to use, they come with a long, flexible hose and a mount on the wall. These showerheads come in metal or ABS construction.
- Dual: This is a combination of a rain showerhead and a handheld shower. It offers two heads in a single unit, and you can operate both heads simultaneously.
- Rain/waterfall: This large showerhead measures six to 12 inches with a long arm. With multiple functions, it can be attached to the ceiling or wall and gives a soft waterfall effect.
- Filtered: Showerheads can get clogged with chlorine, minerals, and sulfur, especially in hard-water areas. These showerheads come with attached filters to keep the holes clear of impurities and build-up.
7 Best Luxury Shower Heads
The rainfall-style shower head system offers optimal relaxation. The wall-mounted combo set uses air energy technology to provide a powerful, consistent rain shower. It is made of stainless steel with solid brass valves and a bracket holder. The showerhead has ten-layer polished chrome plating for a sleek look.
- Pressure balancing valve
- High-pressure technology
- Dual functional
- May be difficult to install
ShowerMaxx showerhead is designed with six adjustable spray settings and a stainless steel hose. It has a polished brass and gold finish, adding style and class to the shower. The handheld showerhead offers a revitalizing high-pressure water spray, power spray for muscle tension release, and gentle mist for babies. It has a solid ABS material construction, including a mesh filter and a flow restrictor.
- Stretchable hose
- High-pressure silicone nozzle
- May not be long-lasting
The Kauai III shower system is an eight-inch rain showerhead with a five-function hand shower. It has a durable brass and ABS construction with a brushed nickel finish. The 59-inch hose is made of stainless steel with double interlocking. These high-end showerheads use spray-straight technology and have soft tips for easy cleaning of mineral build-ups.
- No-drill installation
- Height-adjustable slide bar
- Includes a soap dish
- Convenient diverter location
- May leak
G-Promise dual showerhead is square and made of durable stainless steel and brass. With a 70-inch long and flexible hose, the shower system includes a three-mode diverter and a rotatable hook for adjusting the angle. A smooth lever controls the diverter, and you can use both showerheads simultaneously.
- Adjustable extension arm
- Self-cleaning silicone spray nozzle
- Sand filter
- Easy-to-hold handle
- May be heavy
The unique, halo-shaped showerhead offers a high-pressure spray with 25% more spray than regular showers. A blend of design and innovation, the shower features a patented technology that provides a full-bodied shower with a luxurious feel. It comes with a quick-fit connector that controls the water pressure.
- Adjustable arm mount
- Better water temperature balance
- Coating may start to peel
With a rainfall showerhead and handheld shower, the 12-inch head is constructed from superior quality brass with a brushed nickel finish. The high-pressure combo features a shower hose and a rough-in valve. Its technology mixes water with air to give a natural rain effect to the whole body.
- 360-degree swivel
- Ceramic cartridge
- May be difficult to install
The handheld showerhead from Hansgrohe is easy to install and measures six inches. Constructed from high-quality brass, it has a stylish chrome finish. It provides Caresse Air, Mix, and Rain Air spray modes with air injection technology and 86 clog-free spray channels. The high-quality German engineering offers a gentle massage and a spa-like feel.
- Easy control
- Quick cleaning
- Silicone channels
- Hose not included
How To Choose The Right Luxury Showerheads?
Here are some points to consider while purchasing a luxury showerhead.
- Type: Choose a showerhead type depending on your requirement. If you want something simple, a fixed showerhead will work. For additional features, dual showerheads can be a good option.
- Design: Look for aesthetics and finishes like brushed nickel, polished brass, classic chrome, and more to match them with the bathroom decor.
- Size and shape: Although a large showerhead seems tempting, pick one that suits your shower area and does not wet the whole bathroom. Showerheads are available in square, round, cylindrical, horizontal, or vertically long shapes.
- Features: Choose showerheads with in-built features like multi-spray setting, cascading rainfall, power spray, light mist, and more. Multiple nozzles offer a spa-like feel and are customizable.
- Pressure: Ensure the showerhead provides adequate water pressure for a relaxing bath.
How To Install The Shower Heads?
Here is how you can install some basic showerheads.
- For a fixed shower head, screw the new head onto the shower arm and turn clockwise to tighten.
- For a handheld shower, you need to screw the mount onto the shower arm and tighten it. Then, connect the hose to the shower and the mount and tighten all the connectors. Finally, place the handheld showerhead on the mount.
- If you have a dual showerhead, attach the diverter to the shower arm and tighten it to route the water to the showerhead. Screw the fixed head onto the end of the diverter and attach the handheld shower mount as directed. Connect the hose to the diverter and the handheld showerhead. Tighten all the connectors.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do high-pressure showerheads work?
Yes, high-pressure showerheads work well to wash out the accumulated dirt on the body through pressure technology.
- Do showerheads use more water?
Yes, larger showerheads do use more water. The rainfall-type heads require the most among other heads, approximately 2.5 GPM.
- Should I go for a dual shower head?
A dual showerhead offers both the facilities of a fixed shower and a handheld shower. If it meets your requirements, it’s worth buying a dual showerhead.
If you are looking for quality, utility, class, and style, along with a satisfying bathing experience, our list of the best luxury shower heads can help you narrow down your search. With different varieties, styles, sizes, and features, you might find the right showerhead for a spa-like feel every time.