From making things disappear to making them float in the air, magic tricks continue to amuse us. If your child is inclined towards magic, our list of the best magic sets will help them develop a liking for the art. These sets will encourage your child to learn, developing their imagination, creativity, and hand-eye coordination. However, choosing the right set might be challenging with several available options. So, scroll down our list to narrow down your choices.
Top Products From Our List
Benefits Of Magic Kits For Kids
Besides keeping your children engaged and entertained, magic kits offer a gamut of benefits to children. Here are some of their benefits (1).
- Promote creativity
- Boost mood and self-esteem
- Improve motor skills and hand-eye coordination
- Encourage positive behavior
- Improve concentration and memory skills
- Improve communication and social skills
11 Best Magic Sets For Kids
The Rainbow Magic Scratch paper art set by ZMLM allows children to participate in an excellent art and craft activity. It features bright colors and patterns hidden beneath a matte coating, and by using the wooden stylus, your child can effortlessly scratch the black matter surface of the paper to reveal the background. Your child can use it to doodle, jot down notes, sketch, create cards, trace, draw, and do much more.
- Includes 50 sheets of black scratch rainbow art paper
- Five wooden styluses
- Multipurpose use
- Safe and non-toxic
- Easy to use and clean
- Sheets may be smaller than they appear
Immerse your child in the world of magic with this pack that includes 225 tricks. The magic tricks can be mastered within minutes and are ideal for children aged six years and above. The special deluxe edition lets your little one perform mesmerizing magic tricks for family and friends. The box features ingenious props, such as a magic wand, magic theatre, magic cups and balls, mind-reading canisters, and mystical magic cards.
- Quality child-friendly props
- Includes online video instructions
- Ideal for beginners and budding magicians
- Easy-to-follow illustrated instruction booklet
- May not be durable
With up to 52 pieces, this children’s magic set allows children to perform ten magic tricks, including disappearing ball, vanishing coin, magic coin box, cylinder squeeze, secret skills, vanishing zone, great escape, Egyptian prediction, magic number prediction, and money maker. The kid-friendly instructions make these tricks easy to perform and offer children a much-needed sense of accomplishment.
- Sturdy solid-wood construction hinged box
- Beautiful artwork
- Ideal for ages eight and above
- Quality of the pieces may not be up to the mark
With up to 25 easy-to-learn tricks and quality props, this set will make your family nights more entertaining. The magic set is ideal for children who are new to the art of magic and still discovering it. Some interesting magic tricks included in the set include making candy disappear, making crayons travel, vanishing a coin, lollipop mystery, curved strips, magic paint card, and vanishing cat puzzle.
- Includes 31 props and pieces
- Comes with a magic wand and other cool props
- Ideal for children aged four years and above
- Some tricks may be complicated for young children
This magic set from Ideal comes with a storage suitcase that doubles as a performance table. Your child can learn how to perform the magic card shuffle, vanish salt, dice escape, cut and restore tissue, multiply balls, and more. The set also includes a magic hat, wand, and pieces and props to perform the tricks.
- Includes 52 pieces to perform more than 100 easy-to-do tricks
- Ideal for children eight years and older
- Adequate for beginners
- Quality props
- May not include videos as advertised
With up to 28 magic props, this kit allows your child to perform hundreds of tricks. Thanks to the step-by-step instructional DVD and illustrated manual, your child can find easy-to-follow instructions. The kit comprises a variety of tricks of different levels so that your child stays engaged and delighted for hours.
- Two-drawer magic performance table
- Risk-free props and products
- Includes a magic wand
- Some instructions may be difficult to follow
Click N’ Play’s magic set comes with a step-by-step illustrated manual and DVD tutorial to let your child perform up to 150 easy-to-perform magic tricks. Further, the set includes cards, bunny, cups and ball tricks, thumb tip tricks, paddle tricks, card tricks, rope tricks, and more. This set helps build confidence and develops fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Includes a magic wand and magic hat with rabbit
- Great for everyday play and parties
- Ideal for beginners and children aged eight years and above
- Props may not be durable
Here’s an engaging magic set by Brilliant Magic that comes with easy-to-use props and compelling magic tricks. The instructions provided guide your children step-by-step with each trick. All of the parts are made with premium-quality and safe material. The magic set helps improve children’s hand-eye coordination, cognitive ability, and memory skills.
- Includes 25 props
- DVD video for easy learning
- Adequate for beginners and advanced magicians
- Some of the tricks may be long and boring
ToyVelt’s magic set is customized to meet the needs and requirements of youngsters and lallow them to explore a gamut of tricks. In the set, you will find up to 200 tricks and a QR code that can be scanned to access videos for every trick; thus, making the learning process extremely easy. The entire set is manufactured with durable and sturdy materials.
- Includes a magic wand
- Quality construction
- Adequate for beginners
- Instructional manual could contain printing errors
Right from a thrilling finger chopper to a vanishing trick, there is a lot that can be mastered with this magic kit set. It is engaging, interactive, and fun to explore and comes with an instructional DVD that walks your child through every trick step-by-step. The magic kit is ideal for children aged four years and above. All of the products and props in the set are risk-free and made with quality material.
- Includes 50+ tricks
- Easy-to-follow instructional manual
- Organizational space in the box
- Easy cleanup
- Durable materials
- DVD may not work on some devices
Alex Toy’s magic science set is a unique educational kit that teaches your children the complete science behind magic. In the kit, you will find an array of chemicals, such as zinc sulfide, color tablets, red cabbage powder, cross-linked polyacrylate copolymer, vegetable oil, baking soda, and citric acid. The set also includes four test tubes with a stand, one clear tube wand with two caps, two measuring scoops, star stickers, a purple paper, and an activity guide.
- Ideal for children aged six years and above
- Chemicals packed in cute little bottles or pouches
- Includes nine activities with proper instructions
- Some experiments may be similar
How To Choose The Right Magic Set For Kids?
Consider the following factors when looking for a magic set.
- Versatility: Magic kits should come with a variety of tricks to keep your child entertained for a long time. So, make sure that the kit you have chosen has enough tricks.
- Instruction manuals: Magic is not an easy skill for a child. Hence, you would have to ensure that it has straightforward manuals, be it written or video.
- Age range: Not every magic trick can be performed by children. Therefore, look for a magic set that is suited for your child’s age. Also, do not introduce magic sets to children at a very young age. You might first want to let them reach the school-going age so that they can read and follow the basic instructions.
- Skill level: Know that a magic set will be different for a beginner and somebody who already knows a few magic tricks. So, do not buy an advanced kit for a beginner and a very simple one for a pro.
So now, if you are ready to let your child explore the alleys of illusion and magic, find the best magic kits from this list. Keep the factors mentioned above in mind while making the purchase, and let your child host a mesmerizing show for your family and friends.
- Richard Wiseman and Caroline Watt; (2018); Achieving the impossible: a review of magic-based interventions and their effects on wellbeing.