Magnetic blocks help keep your little one entertained and help develop the child’s ability to explore and create. The best magnetic blocks engage and help keep the children away from the screen. Therefore, the advantages are numerous. In addition, they are available in colorful textures and shapes to enhance children’s matching, patterning, and sorting skills. Here, we have curated a list of magnetic blocks to help you buy some creative and entertaining blocks for your child.
Our Top Picks
13 Best Magnetic Blocks
1. Best For Learning Colors: Cossy Kids 120 PCs Magnetic Building Blocks
Cossy building blocks encourage children’s creativity at a young age. They can develop a strong sense of color, geometrical shapes, including 3D forms, numerical counts, magnetic polarities, and architectural design. Children’s manipulative ability, imagination, and creativity, problem-solving, social and physical skills are boosted by magnetic blocks. They are made up of ABS material and are recommended for children aged three years and above. You can also check this YouTube video for a complete idea about the product.
- Transparent design makes it visually appealing
- Enhances spatial reasoning
- Suitable for playing as a group
- Rounded edges prevent injuries
- Available in two sizes
- Magnets may lose efficiency upon extended usage
- May be prone to developing scratches easily
Jasonwell’s clear magnet toy blocks set has various shapes that may be combined to create several patterns, encouraging children’s imagination, creativity, motor skills, social skills, and mental development. Children can play alone or with others and can share a sense of accomplishment. The magnet blocks are made of high-quality ABS material with round edges for safety. They have a comfortable grip and are suitable for children above three years.
- Ultrasonic welding makes it strong and durable
- Blocks do not contain BPA
- Great for children aged three years and above
- Easy to teach magnetic polarities to children
- Blocks may have a brittle finish
- May require adult supervision while playing
3. Best Riveted: Bmag 120 PCS Magnetic Building Blocks
Bmag magnetic blocks are riveted together to keep the tiles from separating or swallowing, reducing the risk of choking in children. They have rounded edges and corners that make them safe for play. The concave surfaces protect them from scratches, making them durable, and they come in stunning colors. They also aid children in mastering basic geometry, magnetism, building, and 3D forms. These blocks are made of ABS plastic with powerful magnets, food-grade material, and high transparency.
- Ultrasonic welded for durable finish
- Enhances color recognition skills
- Easy to carry
- Safe for Kindergarten and daycare use
- CPC-tested and ISO-certified for safety
- May not align properly at times
- Set may be smaller than expected
4. Best Multi-Sensory: Blockaroo Magnetic Foam Building Blocks
Blockaroo blocks are a new construction approach. They are soft foam magnetic blocks that stick together like magic, rotate 360°, producing a multi-sensory experience that kids enjoy. The STEM toys grow with your child, allowing them to explore shapes, colors, and easy stacking. They are popular with preschoolers because they help children build engineering and creative thinking skills. If you want to know more about the results, take a look at this review on YouTube.
- Suitable for collaborative play
- Big pieces reduces chances of choking
- Can be used as a bath toy
- Can be washed in a dishwasher
- Available in various designs
- Magnets may not be durable enough
- Children may find the blocks to be slightly heavy
5. Best Open-Ended: Intock Magnetic Building Blocks
Encourage your child to learn through play with these open-ended magnetic building blocks from Intock. The magnetic blocks come in vibrant colors and help children create endless shapes and structures. Your child can enjoy building bigger structures as the set is compatible with other magnetic blocks from Intock. Designed for children aged three years and above, the blocks are easy to grab and stack with little hands. The pack includes 100 building blocks of the same size with different colors.
- Easy to organize and store
- Made of premium ABS material
- Sturdy built
- Safe and durable
- Blocks may be tiny
6. Best Eco-Friendly: Hlaola 102PCS Magnetic Blocks For Kids
Hlaola magnetic construction blocks can improve a child’s logical thinking, focus, hands-on ability, coordination, and creativity skills. The 102 3D magnetic tiles come in various structures and sizes. These “CPSIA”-certified magnet toys are made of sturdy ABS plastic created from imported LT plant pigment and are safe and eco-friendly. The children can make a wide range of 2D platforms and 3D geometry.
- Comes in a colorful candy color
- Nickel-plated magnets for better force
- Helps teach shapes to children
- Easy to clean after usage
- Rounded edges for added safety
- ASTM- and CE-approved for safety
- May require parental supervision
- Some may find the blocks to be slightly wobbly
7. Best Sturdy Design: Magblock Magnetic Toys
The set of magnetic toys by Magblock includes 120 pieces, a color manual with many reference models, and one warranty card. The set is made of food-grade ABS plastic, super magnet, and stainless steel plate. The magnets are encased within the stainless steel pieces, allowing contact between the magnets. They have greater magnetism and are sturdy.
- Helps develop children’s artistic skills
- Blocks are safe for toddlers
- Meets ASTM and CPSIA safety standards
- Available in three versions
- May not be easy to clean after usage
- May be slightly thinner than expected
8. Best Long-Lasting: Kidcheer Magnetic Blocks Building Toys For Kids
Kidcheer magnet bricks are made from environmentally friendly ABS material. The smooth edges on each tile make them safe for small hands, and the natural permanent magnet allows long-term use. It’s easy to put all the pieces back together after playing because the magnets cling together, and it comes with a storage pouch. It’s a great educational building kit suitable for children of three years and above who want to learn color, shapes, and numbers with fun.
- Can be used for advanced play
- Comes with a booklet for easy play
- Enhances manipulative ability
- Improves problem-solving skills
- Some may find the blocks to be heavy
- May emit a rattling sound when used
9. Best For Creative Play: Shapemags Magnet Building Tiles Magnetic Blocks
Magnetic Stick N Stack Store kit includes magnetic tiles ideal for building structures. These shapemags are composed of high-density, long-lasting translucent plastic that resists demagnetization. Your child can spend hours creating amazing vehicles and constructions that stand tall and proud. They can last for years of creative play.
- Lattice plastic protects blocks from cracks
- Helps develop fine motor skills
- Effectively targets critical thinking skills
- Compatible with major magnetic blocks brands
- Small parts may lead to choking hazards
- May not suit rough play
10. Best For Toddlers: Magz Wooden Bricks 45 Magnetic Building Blocks
Magz offers a colorful magnetic wooden construction set designed for toddlers and younger children. This could make a perfect birthday or Christmas gift for children between two and ten years. It comes with a storage bag and an instruction page. These construction activities boost children’s self-esteem and success.
- Helps children identify colors
- Safe to be used in a daycare and playschools
- Boosts imagination
- Set may seem small
- May not suit building vertical structures
11. Best For Safety: WorWoder Kids Magnetic Building Blocks
WorWoder’s magical magnetic blocks are suitable for children and adults. They come in seven distinct shapes and colors of 3D geometric crystal puzzles and 54 pieces of guide sheets. The construction blocks are manufactured of high-quality food-grade ABS material that contains no latex, making them safe for children. They help children increase their intellect by exercising their brains and improving their spatial reasoning abilities.
- Can be used to create shapes of animals
- Helps relieve stress and anxiety
- Lightweight and easy to hold
- CE-, EN71-, and CPSIA-approved for safety
- May be smaller than expected
- Some may not like the click sound of the blocks
12. Best Transparent: Soyee Magnetic Building Tiles
Let your child create endless structures with these magnetic building tiles that come in different shapes. The tiles are vibrantly colored and transparent, making the structures look beautiful. You can even buy more sets to improve the possibilities, and these pieces are compatible with magnetic tiles from other brands as well. The package comes with a bag for easy storage and portability.
- STEM learning toy
- Toxin free materials
- Rounded edges
- Ideal for ages three and above
- Easy to build
- Includes an instruction booklet
- Small magnets may not hold tall structures
- Storage bag may be flimsy
13. Best For Enhancing Imagination: Yuant 3D Magnetic Building Blocks Magic Magnetic Cubes
Yuant’s simple yet elegant magnetic block set includes a seven-piece 3D geometry puzzle and a 54-piece guide sheet. The 108 puzzles of various shapes and colors with a built-in magnet allow your children to combine various shapes to form different products. They aid in the development of intelligence and imagination. These 3D magnetic blocks are made of high-quality ABS material and are free from harmful chemicals, latex, BPA, and odor, therefore safe for children.
- Can be used for group play
- Kindles intelligence and imagination
- Ultrasonic welding makes it durable
- CPSIA, CE and EN71 approved for safety
- Blocks may be smaller than expected
- Magnets may role inside the blocks
How To Choose The Right Magnetic Blocks?
When selecting games for children, it’s vital to consider a few factors as follows.
- Material: Most magnetic blocks are made of plastic, but it is important to choose a high-quality, toxin-free, safe and durable material. Look at the product’s specifications before buying them.
- Age: Choose the blocks based on your child’s age and understanding level. Check if a toy is appropriate for a child’s age by reading the label.
- Safety: Ensure no loose magnets, sharp edges, or rough surfaces on the magnetic blocks that could harm your child while playing.
Magnetic block sets offer a lot of fun and play value. Children can build various structures to stimulate their imagination and hands-on skills while keeping them away from the screen. These blocks could be a simple approach to combine entertainment and early education while having fun.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Priti Bose specializes in children’s toys and gifts. Known for her eloquent research and writing skills, she reviews multiple products to give her readers the best ones in the market. In this article on the best magnetic blocks, she gave each product’s descriptions and a buying guide with adequate information to help you make an informed choice. These toys are safe, non-toxic, durable, and help keep your child engaged for long.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How should I clean magnetic blocks?
You may use a cloth dipped in warm soapy water or disinfectant wet wipes to clean magnetic blocks. However, avoid immersing magnetic blocks in water as they are not waterproof or rust-resistant.
2. Are magnetic blocks safe for kids?
Although relatively safe, magnetic blocks may pose a choking hazard. Thus, avoid giving magnetic blocks to children aged three years and below.
3. How long do magnetic blocks last?
Magnetic blocks can last for a long time with proper care. However, like any magnet, the magnetic blocks may weaken over time.
Magnetic blocks can be a great way to keep your child engaged and teach new skills. They’re educational and offer immense fun, keeping children away from screens as you get busy working or prepping meals. When buying magnetic blocks for children, make sure they are non-toxic and safe. They should also not have sharp edges and should be of the appropriate size to prevent choking hazards. Our list of the best magnetic blocks includes various colorful options that your child can play with in different ways, improving their creativity and problem-solving skills.
- Best Wooden Blocks For Toddlers
- Best Blocks For Babies
- Best Building Toys For Toddlers And Kids
- Best Building Sets For Kids
- Best Educational Toys For Three-Year-Olds
View Profile ›