Magnetic blocks help keep your little one entertained and help develop the child’s ability to explore and create. The best magnetic blocks engage and help keep the children away from the screen. Magnetic block sets offer a lot of fun and play value. Children can build various structures to stimulate their imagination and hands-on skills while keeping them away from the screen. These blocks could be a simple approach to combine entertainment and early education while having fun. In addition, they are available in colorful textures and shapes to enhance children’s matching, patterning, and sorting skills.
Here, we have curated a list of some tried-and-tested and best-selling magnetic blocks from trusted brands for your child.
13 Best Magnetic Blocks
1. Best For Learning Colors: Cossy Kids 120 PCs Magnetic Building Blocks
Cossy building blocks encourage children’s creativity at a young age. They can develop a strong sense of color, geometrical shapes, including 3D forms, numerical counts, magnetic polarities, and architectural design. Children’s manipulative ability, imagination, creativity, problem-solving, physical, social, and emotional skills, and coordination are boosted by magnetic blocks. They are made of ABS material and are recommended for children aged three years and above. You can also check this YouTube video for a complete idea about these magnetic building tiles for kids.
- Transparent design makes it visually appealing
- Enhances spatial reasoning
- Suitable for playing as a group
- Rounded edges prevent injuries
- Available in two sizes
- Magnets may lose efficiency upon extended usage
- May be prone to developing scratches easily
Jasonwell’s clear magnet toy blocks set has various shapes that may be combined to create several patterns, encouraging children’s imagination, creativity, motor skills, math skills, and mental development. Children can play alone or with others and can share a sense of accomplishment. The safety-tested and certified magnetic tile building set is made of high-quality ABS material with round edges for safety. They have a comfortable grip and are suitable for children above three years.
- Ultrasonic welding makes it strong and durable
- BPA-free plastic
- Great for children aged three years and above
- Enhances shape recognition skills
- Easy to teach magnetic polarities to children
- Blocks may have a brittle finish
- May require adult supervision while playing
"I've observed my child being lost in his creative world by building towers and castles using these colorful magnetic tiles. Although the magnetic strength seems to be slightly inconsistent across tiles, the set's overall potential for imaginative play makes it a worthwhile choice."
3. Best Riveted: Bmag 120 PCS Magnetic Building Blocks
Bmag magnetic blocks are riveted together to keep the tiles from separating or swallowing, reducing the risk of choking in children. These tiles have rounded edges and corners that make them safe for play. The concave surfaces protect them from scratches, making them durable, and they come in stunning colors. This magnetic tile building set also helps children master basic geometry, magnetism, building, and 3D structures. These parent-recommended blocks are made of sturdy and food-grade ABS plastic.
- Ultrasonic welded for durable finish
- Enhances color recognition skills
- Easy to carry
- Safe for Kindergarten and daycare use
- CPC-tested and ISO-certified for safety
- May not align properly at times
- Set may be smaller than expected
"I've built and played alongside my grandchildren with these magnetic tiles, and they've been a hit, although some magnets could not help in creating complex constructions. They offer endless fun possibilities and are a nice addition to their toy collection."
4. Best Multi-Sensory: Blockaroo Magnetic Foam Building Blocks
Blockaroo blocks are a new construction approach. They are soft foam magnetic blocks that stick together like magic and rotate 360°, producing a multi-sensory experience that kids enjoy and making it a trusted choice of many parents. The STEM toys grow with your child, allowing them to explore geometric shapes, colors, and easy stacking. They are popular with preschoolers because they help build engineering and creativity skills. If you want to know more about the results, take a look at this review on YouTube.
- Suitable for collaborative play
- Big pieces reduces chances of choking
- Facilitates open-ended play
- Can be washed in a dishwasher
- Available in various designs
- Magnets may not be durable enough
- Children may find the blocks to be slightly heavy
"These magnetic blocks have attracted my children with their flexibility and multiple-use nature. The spacious storage is an added advantage. However, I feel the magnetic power could be stronger to create more stable pieces."
5. Best Open-Ended: Intock Magnetic Building Blocks
Encourage your child to learn through play with these open-ended magnetic building blocks from Intock. The magnetic stacking blocks come in vibrant colors and help children create endless shapes and 3D structures. Your child can enjoy building bigger 3D models as the set is compatible with other magnetic blocks from Intock. Designed for children aged three years and above, the blocks are easy to grab and stack with little hands. The pack includes 100 magnetic building cubes of the same size in a variety of colors.
- Easy to organize and store
- Made of premium ABS material
- Sturdy built
- Encourages open-ended play
- BPA-free plastic
- Safe and durable
- Blocks may be tiny
"These magnetic blocks have been a true find for my little one, offering hours of pretend play. She puts them together and finds joy in every stack."
6. Best Versatile:PicassoTiles 60 Piece Magnet Building Tiles
The PicassoTiles 60-piece magnetic tile building set offers a fun and creative way to enhance your child’s imagination and motor skills while promoting cognitive development. The colorful and versatile magnetic tile toy allows children to build endless structures, providing hours of educational and entertaining playtime while acquainting them with colors, numbers, geometric shapes, and 3D structures.
- Strong magnets
- Heavy-duty lattice
- Easy to use and store
- High-quality materials
- Magnetic strength may weaken over time
- May require constant adult supervision
7. Best Sturdy Design: Magblock Magnetic Toys
The set of magnetic toys by Magblock includes 120 pieces, a color manual with numerous reference models, and one warranty card. The time-tested magnetic toy block set is made of food-grade ABS plastic, super-strong magnets, and stainless steel plate. The magnets are encased within the stainless steel pieces, allowing contact between the magnets. They have greater magnetism and are sturdy.
- Helps develop children’s artistic skills
- Blocks are safe for toddlers
- Tested to meet ASTM and CPSIA safety standards
- Available in three versions
- May not be easy to clean after usage
- May be slightly thinner than expected
8. Best Travel-Friendly: Tegu Pocket Pouch Magnetic Wooden Block Set
Are you looking for building blocks that are portable and can be easily carried for picnics or when on a vacation? The Tegu pocket magnetic wooden blocks set can be the perfect solution. The set consists of eight blocks — four cubes and four rectangular planks — which are easy to carry as they along with a compact storage bag. Also, the blocks are colorful and easy to attach and detach, ensuring that your child stays occupied for hours. In addition, since the blocks have rounded corners and smooth edges and are chunky in size, this magnetic building toy set is suitable for babies aged one year old and beyond.
- Safe and eco-friendly wood
- Water-based toxin-free color coating
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Helps develop problem-solving and fine motor skills
- Sturdy design
- Enhances creative thinking
- Tested to meet EN71 and CPSIA 2011 safety standards
- Wood may not be seasoned
- Paint may not be chip-proof
9. Best For Creative Play: Shapemags Magnet Building Tiles Magnetic Blocks
Magnetic Stick N Stack Store kit includes magnetic tiles ideal for building structures. These shapemags are simple tiles composed of high-density, long-lasting translucent plastic that resists demagnetization. Your child can spend hours creating amazing vehicles and constructions that stand tall and proud. These magnetic building tiles for kids can last for years of creative play.
- Lattice plastic protects blocks from cracks
- Helps develop fine motor skills
- Effectively targets critical thinking skills
- Compatible with major magnetic blocks brands
- Small parts may lead to choking hazards
- May not suit rough play
"This magnetic board is handy for transporting my grandchild's creations from one place to another. It is compatible with almost all tile brands, making it a noteworthy addition to his collection."
10. Best For Toddlers: Magz Wooden Bricks 45 Magnetic Building Blocks
Magz offers a colorful magnetic wooden construction set designed for toddlers and younger children. This could make a perfect gift for birthdays or Christmas for children between two and ten years. It comes with a storage bag and an instruction page. These construction activities improve a child’s logical thinking and self-esteem.
- Helps children identify colors
- Supports open-ended play
- Safe to be used in a daycare and playschools
- Boosts imagination
- Set may seem small
- May not suit building vertical structures
"These magnetic blocks are a major hit with my kids, fostering creativity and spatial skills. They are a worthy choice for hands-on learning and offer a fresh twist on traditional blocks."
11. Best In Design: Magformers Magnetic Building Blocks
Magformers 62-Piece Magnetic Building educational toy is a creative and educational toy that helps children develop spatial reasoning. With its colorful and durable magnetic pieces, this toy can be used to build various structures. The expert-approved and safety-tested magnetic pieces snap together strongly and easily, so children can focus on their building and imaginative play. Further, this building blocks set includes attractive shapes and a child-friendly idea booklet to make play sessions more entertaining.
- Offers 3D brain training
- Encourages creativity and imagination
- Develops problem-solving skills
- High-quality plastic
- May not be suitable for younger children
- Magnetic force may weaken over time
"My kids are always excited about creating imaginary structures and shapes with these magnetic blocks. They enjoy its robust 3D design more than anything. While they need occasional assistance, I like how it fosters skill-building opportunities."
12. Best Transparent: Soyee Magnetic Building Tiles
Let your child create endless structures with this magnetic tile toy that comes in different shapes. The tiles are vibrantly colored and transparent, making the structures look beautiful. You can even buy more sets to improve the possibilities, and these pieces are compatible with magnetic tiles from other brands as well. The magnetic block building kit comes with a bag for easy storage and portability.
- STEM learning toy
- Toxin free materials
- Rounded edges
- Ideal for ages three and above
- Easy to build
- Includes an instruction booklet
- Small magnets may not hold tall structures
- Storage bag may be flimsy
13. Best For Gifting:Playmags Magnetic Tiles Building Blocks Set
The Playmags 100-piece super set is a magnetic building toy that encourages creativity and imagination. With 100 brightly colored pieces, it allows children to build a variety of structures and shapes. The magnets are strong enough to hold the pieces together securely. The magnetic tile toy set includes a variety of shapes, including square tiles, triangle tiles, and rectangle tiles. It is suitable for ages three and up, and they can enjoy it alone or with friends and family.
- Visually appealing bright colors
- Helps enhance motor skills
- Improves critical thinking
- Storage bag included
- Magnets may pinch the skin
- May not be scratch-resistant
How To Choose The Right Magnetic Blocks?
When selecting the right magnetic block playset for children, it’s vital to consider a few factors as follows.
- Material: Most magnetic blocks are made of plastic, but it is important to choose a set made of high-quality, toxin-free, safe, and durable material. Look at the product’s specifications before buying them.
- Age: Choose the blocks based on your child’s age and understanding level. Check if a toy is age-appropriate for your child by reading the label.
- Safety: Ensure no loose magnets, sharp edges, or rough surfaces on the magnetic blocks that could harm your child while playing. You can also look for ASTM- and CPSIA-certified magnetic toy.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How should I clean magnetic blocks?
You may use a cloth dipped in warm soapy water or disinfectant wet wipes to clean magnetic blocks. However, avoid immersing magnetic blocks in water as they are not waterproof or rust-resistant.
2. Are magnetic blocks safe for kids?
Although relatively safe, magnetic blocks may pose a choking hazard. Thus, avoid giving magnetic blocks to children aged three years and below.
3. How long do magnetic blocks last?
Magnetic blocks can last for a long time with proper care. However, like any magnet, the magnetic blocks may weaken over time.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Priti Bose specializes in children’s toys and gifts. Known for her eloquent research and writing skills, she reviews multiple products to give her readers the best ones in the market. In this article on the best magnetic blocks, she gave each product’s descriptions and a buying guide with adequate information to help you make an informed choice. These toys are safe, non-toxic, durable, and help keep your child engaged for long.
Magnetic blocks can be a great way to keep your child engaged and teach new skills. They’re educational and offer immense fun, keeping children away from screens as you get busy working or prepping meals. When buying magnetic blocks for children, make sure they are non-toxic and safe. They should also not have sharp edges and should be of the appropriate size to prevent choking hazards. Our list of the best magnetic blocks includes various colorful options that your child can play with in different ways, improving their hands-on ability, creativity, logical-thinking, and problem-solving skills.
Infographic: How To Clean Children’s Magnetic Blocks Toy?
Magnetic blocks are interesting toys for school-going children to keep them engaged while encouraging creativity, artistic skills, imagination, cognitive development, and motor skills. But the many pieces of this game and the rough use would require cleaning to make them safe for children. Refer to the following infographic to learn how to clean these magnetic blocks.
- Best Wooden Blocks For Toddlers
- Best Blocks For Babies
- Best Building Toys For Toddlers And Kids
- Best Building Sets For Kids
- Best Educational Toys For Three-Year-Olds