If your child is fascinated by your makeup and wants their own, then it is time you invest in one of the best makeup sets for kids. These are safe for your little one as they are made with kid-friendly materials. Also, they prevent them from tampering around with your cosmetics. These makeup sets can keep your little one engaged for hours and away from the screen. So to make your work easy, we bring you a list of the most popular makeup kits for kids in our post. All the products are listed with their descriptions so you can pick the most suitable one for your child.
Our Top Picks
17 Best Makeup Sets For Kids
1. Best Glittery Hues: Play22 Kids Makeup Palette For Girl
Does your kid love to get dressed up and put on some makeup like you do? Then here is a product that you want to try when she has birthday parties to go to! This Kids Makeup Palette for Girls from Play22 has beautiful, glittery shades that your girl will love to try.
- Bright colors
- Can be used to put over the makeup
- Would last long
- Safe from toxins
- Kids might have allergic reactions
- The product might stain the surface
- May have harmful ingredients such as asbestos
2. Best efficient: FoxPrint My First Princess Make-up Kit
My First Princess Make-up Kit from FoxPrint has all the . The toy makeup set comes with a kit that includes a brush trio, glitter lip gloss, two regular lip gloss, two lipsticks, eye shadow, two bottles of nail polish, eyebrow pencil, three brushes, and a designer princess cosmetic bag.
- Non-toxic and safe to use by kids
- Can be easily washed by water
- Boosts creativity in kids
- Products might crumble easily
- Might cause allergies on young skin
3. Best Convenient: TOKIA Kids Makeup Kit for Girls with Cosmetic Bag (Unicorn Set)
Unicorns may be fictitious, but children just love them. If your little girl also adores the mystical animal, get her the Tokia Kids Makeup Kit, which is unicorn themed and designed to appeal to little girls.
- Convenient to carry
- Safety tested, non-toxic
- Water-based and soft on the kid’s skin
- Is more than just a pretend kit
- Might not wash off completely
4. Best For Special Occasions: TOKIA Kids Makeup Kit for Girl, Washable Non-Toxic Little Girl Makeup Set With Cosmetic Bag
Tokia Kids Makeup Kit for Girls is designed for little girls who want to look fabulous at parties and every occasion. The kit encourages imagination and creative play.
- Real makeup that is suitable for kids and can be carried anywhere
- Water-based materials for the child’s delicate skin
- Does not leave stains on furniture, etc.
- Comes with a bag to carry the makeup everywhere
- The products might not be all-natural
- Pieces might break easily
5. Best For Beginners: Pinkleaf Kids Makeup Kit for Girls
Pinkleaf kids’ makeup kit for girls can be gifted to kids who want to learn how to apply makeup properly. Give this to them for practice, or that first makeup session to deck themselves for a birthday party or any other event.
- Blushes in different shades to get dressed for any occasion
- Safe, non-toxic
- Easy to clean
- Has a mirror too
- Might break easily
- Might not wash off easily
6. Best Non-Toxic: House Ideas Kids Makeup Kit for Girls with Cosmetic Bag
This gift set has all the things to encourage your little princess to learn the art of good makeup early on. The set includes two glitter lip glosses, two bottles of nail polish, an eye shadow palette, two lipsticks, two brushes, one applicator, and one cosmetic bag.
- Easy to wash
- Paraben-free and can be used for sensitive skin too
- Might not smell great
- Might not be durable
7. Best Easy-To-Wash: Toysical Kids Makeup Kit for Girl with Make-up Remover
The Toysical Kids Makeup Kit is for children in the age group of three to six. It includes four shades of blush, six shades of eye shadow powder, one nail polish, a lipstick, two brushes, two glittery lip glosses, three eyeshadow sticks, one nail filer and a fake nail set, one toe separator, a bonus makeup remover and a pink bag to carry them all.
- Contains makeup accessories for all occasions
- Remains light on the kid’s skin
- Can be washed easily
- The press on nails might not stay on
- The product might break easily
8. Best Quality Formula: AstarX Makeup Toys for Kids
The makeup kit is designed to keep your little girl entertained for hours. It includes two lipsticks, three lip glosses, two powder puffs, two eye shadow brushes, one lip brush, a foundation brush, one eye shadow stick, one pack of face powder, and one cosmetic case.
- High-quality formulation
- Has a variety of colors
- Non-toxic, easily washable
- Water-based and soft on the skin
- Sturdy bag to store and carry the kit
- Might cause allergic reactions
- Might be a bit dull
9. Best Skin-Friendly: SmartEmily Girls Toys
This little girl’s makeup set from SmartEmily is a gifting product that you can give to girls aged between five and 12. This kit lets them try their own makeup and deck themselves up on every occasion. It can also teach kids how to use makeup for enhancing their looks by being a bit creative.
- Glittery and colorful
- Made of high-quality materials
- Non-toxic and safe for kids
- Can be washed without a mess
- The colors might be dull
- Might not be enough after one-time use
10. Best Portable: Senrokes Pretend Makeup Kids Cosmetic Toy
This makeup kit looks realistic for your children to play with. It comes with one mirror, two lipsticks, two blushes, a brush, an eyeshadow, one lip gloss, two glitter pots, and one cosmetics carry bag.
- Comes with a comfortable handbag to carry anywhere
- Enhances kids’ learning, creativity, and imagination
- Non-toxic and safe materials
- Materials might not be durable
- Might not be washed easily
This cosmetic kit comes with blush, lipstick, lip gloss, two eyeshadow palettes with four colors each, three brush applicators, and a mirror. You can easily carry all this anywhere you want, thanks to the colorful and shiny makeup kit bag that comes with this set.
- Pretend-play toy, but looks real when applied on the skin
- Easy to carry
- Has certified safety materials
- Lightweight formula
- Pieces might not fit well
- Might not be bright enough
This all-in-one makeup kit is all that your little diva might need to get ready for a party with her girlfriends. The set has lipsticks, eyeshadows, blushes, and lip shadows of all colors. Pinkleaf kids’ makeup kit is for toddlers and preschoolers.
- Convenient and portable
- Glittery colors
- Safe to use
- Can be washed easily with no mess
- Causes no harm to the skin
- The lipsticks might not work
- The other makeup colors might not be bright either
This mess-free makeup kit by Amosting is for your little girl to play with her friends and enhance her creativity and imagination. The makeup set can also be used if she wants to try makeup on her own, for her own little parties with friends.
- Comes with a mirror
- Safe and made with high-quality materials
- Non-toxic, washable
- The products don’t last long
This Cell Phone Cosmetic kit is an all-in-one set with everything you little girl needs for her makeup. It includes blush, eye shadow, lip gloss, lipsticks, body glitter gel, and so many other glittery things.
- Can be washed without a mess
- Easy to carry for travelling
- Does not leave stains
- Might cause allergies
- Might not be durable
Here Shine Makeup Set is for little girls who like to play with makeup or deck themselves up for special occasions. With this set, your girl can try makeup on herself or her friends for fun.
- High-quality materials used
- Does not give allergies
- Might be greasy
- Might not be durable
This fun and vibrant makeup kit has accessories prepared with natural minerals that are not harmful. It is free of harmful chemicals and is not toxic to the environment either. The kit has natural eyeshadow, lip gloss, and blushes that are completely safe to apply.
- Made with natural minerals
- Can be used for all skin tones
- Gluten-free, paraben-free
- Might not wash away completely
- Might not smell great
This certified product has all the makeup essentials for your kids. It will make your little angel happy with the beautiful and vibrant colors that are safe to use on her skin. The kit comes packaged in a box and not a bag.
- No petrochemicals
- Hint of shimmery pink color
- Citrus flavor
- Can be washed easily
- Keeps skin moisturized
- Might not last long
- Might leave marks on the surface
Safety Tips For Kids When Using Makeup Sets
Ideally, kids should not be using any makeup that contains harmful chemicals. Even when you choose a natural makeup set for your child, make sure it doesn’t have any ingredients that your child may be allergic to.
Always monitor younger children when they play with a makeup set, as they tend to put things in the mouth and may ingest certain ingredients that may have an adverse effect on their health. Pick a product that is free of chemicals and toxins because kids tend to ingest the playing materials.
Also, do a patch test and check for any allergic reaction before letting them play with the entire set. Show and teach them how to use each product in the kit safely to avoid injury to the eye or accidental ingestion.
How To Choose The Right Makeup Set For Kids?
While choosing the best makeup set for your kids, here are the things you should keep in mind.
- Washable: Adult makeup, such as mascaras, might leave stains and are not easy to remove from the skin. Avoid buying such strong makeup products for kids as they have highly sensitive skin. After playing, the product should be easily washed away with soap and water.
- Non-toxic: A kid’s skin is immensely delicate, so the most important thing to keep in mind is that cosmetics should be non-toxic. Chemicals such as sulfates and phthalates should be avoided as they are irritants for skin. Products simply claiming “natural” or “organic” might not actually be safe for your kids. Look for a proper “CPC” certification that ensures it is safe for kids.
- Materials used: Mostly, makeup play sets are made up of plastic materials. These plastics are not always safe. Studies have shown that bisphenol A (BPA) might play a role in kids’ hormonal disruption. Make sure you buy a BPA free plastic makeup set for your kid.
At What Age Can A Child Start Using Makeup Sets?
Most people do not recommend the use of professional makeup or real makeup for children until they reach adulthood. Pretend-play makeup or makeup toy sets can be used for fun by children aged five or above, or as recommended by the manufacturer of the makeup set.
Toy makeup kits are for more than just applying color on their cheeks and lips. Pretend play helps develop motor skills and enhances creativity. Children aged 12 or above may be able to read cosmetic labels and know what is harmful and what is safe for them. Exposure to a pretend makeup set may also give them an idea of what makeup is all about and help them determine whether or not to use, or what type of makeup they want to use makeup as adults.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Our experienced and trusted beauty expert Poulami Nag brings you this curated list of the best makeup sets for kids. Since harmful chemicals are a no-no for the sensitive skin of young children, she has researched many e-commerce websites online to bring you the safest products for your makeup-loving kid. These sets come equipped with brushes, mirrors, and more and are compact to meet your child’s traveling purposes.
Children are generally curious about the makeup their mothers use. And the chances are high that, at some point, they’ll sneak into your room to try some of it. The best way to satisfy their curiosity is by giving them makeup products that are child-safe, non-toxic, and easily washable. Check the ingredients of the products and ensure that they’re dermatologist-tested and clinically tested. Also, make it a point that they use it under your supervision to ensure complete safety.
Have you purchased a makeup set for your child? Tell us about it in the comments section below.
Recommended Articles :
- Best Leg Makeup Products
- Best Makeup Sponge Blenders For Flawless Skin
- Best Primers For Large Pores
- Best Morphe Brushes