A massage chair can be a luxurious yet highly useful addition to your home. Designed with airbags and rollers, these chairs offer plenty of benefits such as reduced stress, improved blood circulation, reduced fatigue and body pain, and better quality sleep.
You can find a variety of massage chairs with different features in the market. Here, we give you a list of the most appropriate full body massage chair to invest in. Keep reading to find some of the best massage chairs, along with their pros and cons.
How Does A Massage Chair Work?
Massage chairs use different mechanisms such as rollers, airbags, heat, and vibrating pads to offer good massage.
- The continuous motion or vibration releases stress and tension from the sore muscles, thereby relieving body pains.
- The rollers provide gentle pressure on various parts of the body, just as a masseuse would with their hands. They relax your muscles and relieve stress.
- Airbags and cushions exert pressure and squeeze your muscles to relieve pressure, improve blood circulation, and relax strained muscles.
- Heat applied to the body promotes circulation and decompresses the spine, thereby reducing your pain.
Safety Tips When Using Massage Chair
As most of the massage chairs are electric, it is essential to keep a few tips in mind for safety.
- When cleaning or not using the massage chair, ensure it is not plugged into the electrical socket to avoid a short circuit.
- You should not use a massage chair for more than 30 minutes.
- It is essential to clean the massage chair regularly and cover it with a cloth when not in use to prevent the accumulation of dust or dirt.
- If you experience pain or discomfort after using the massage chair, stop using it.
- Do not eat or drink when using the massage chair.
- Children should use a massage chair only under an adult’s supervision and for a limited time.
- In case the massage chair is not functioning properly, discontinue using it until it is repaired.
- If you have a serious medical condition, then consult a doctor before using a massage chair.
Top Products From Our List
11 Best Massage Chairs
Note that the massage chair is for additional comfort and support and not an alternative to medicine or health care.
Bring home this advanced massage chair with 50 airbags and eight rollers. It is comfortable and has six auto massage modes. The recliner chair has an extended footrest and can be conveniently moved. It is one of the best massage chairs with an in-built foot and back heater that promotes blood circulation.
- Includes LED light and Bluetooth audio
- Offers customized body massage
- Has a zero-gravity design
- Comes with a remote controller
- Can withstand 400lb of weight
- Adjustable timer up to 30 minutes
- Has three speed options
- May not be suitable for tall people
- May not be long-lasting
Relax on this cushioned and padded recliner massage chair whenever you feel stressed, for its ergonomic design provides comfort and support to your body. The 360° swivel chair can recline, vibrate, and rock as per your preferences. It is claimed to be a superior massage chair option for improved blood circulation, lumbar support, and stress-free time.
- Comes with five relaxing functions
- Elegant, ergonomic, and versatile design
- Has soft fabric and thick pads
- Has a remote controller for heat and massage
- Provides two levels of vibration
- Can support 300lb weight
- Available in seven colors
- May not be sturdy
- Size could be too small for some
Feel comfortable when relaxing in this electric massage chair with double layer airbags, foot padding, and six auto massage programs. It is available in two colors, black and brown. The chair is designed to offer support to your waist, hips, shoulder, and arms. The all-in-one recliner chair can be placed anywhere in the house for a great massage experience.
- Comes with three stages of zero gravity
- Space-saving technology
- Designed for yoga stretches and body relief
- Targets full body to provide relaxation
- Includes dual foot rollers
- Promotes the twisting and stretching of the body
- May not be suitable for everyone
- May not be durable
This regular massage chair is light and portable, yet sturdy enough to support 650lb weight. It measures 11x20x43in and has an aluminum support frame for additional durability. The chair is cushioned using Small Cell foam with multiple layers to provide comfort and support to your body.
- Lightweight and practical design
- Eco-friendly frame with powder-coated finish
- Thick and large cushion
- Suitable for professional massage therapies
- Comes with a wheeled carry case
- Has a convenient pouch on the side
- May not be suitable for short people
- Doesn’t have adjustable features
You can get a good massage sitting and lying on this regular massage chair. Made of aluminum and leather, this chair has a sturdy design and can be adjusted as per your convenience. It has a multi-layer foam that keeps you comfortable during massage therapy sessions by a professional.
- Lightweight, versatile, and compact
- Premium-quality and foldable
- Strong and powered-finish
- Measures 23x18x42in
- Comes with a CFC-free and waterproof foam
- Has an adjustable seat, armrest, and head support
- May not be comfortable for all
- May not be stable
The high-quality full body massage chair can provide relief to your body from fatigue. It is made of polyurethane and leather, and available in black, dark brown, and grey color. The chair comes with a remote control panel for easy adjustments as per your needs. It provides support and massage to thighs, legs, lumbar area, and the back.
- Premium-quality and user-friendly
- Comes with nine massage modes
- Can set a timer as per needs
- Includes a soft ottoman
- Measures 32.2×29.9x41in
- Provides customized massage and relaxation
- May get overheated
- May not be comfortable for all
The modern and stylish massage chair can be adjusted in three positions to provide optimal support to your body. It has a soft cushion and adjustable leg rest for extra comfort. The premium massage chair is designed in grey, black, and brown colors. It has a stable design and can be used in eight different massage modes.
- Comes with an adjustable backrest
- Provides maximum support
- Includes two vibrating nodes
- Comes with a remote controller
- Can support 275lb weight
- Has a convenient side pocket
- Smaller than other recliners
The unique premium massage chair is designed by medical staff, including doctors, chiropractors, pain specialists, and surgeons. The electric massage chair with cushions and extra padding has a zero-gravity design and can provide a full body massage for relief. The chair lets you stretch and improve spinal health.
- Can be reclined to any position
- Comes with inflatable airbags
- Includes massage rollers
- Provides 4D arm massage
- Measures 65x32x40in
- Has full body smart scan feature
- May take a lot of space
This advanced body massage chair comes with a zero-gravity design to give deep tissue massage. It has airbags to provide a full-body massage by squeezing your shoulders, buttocks, and arms. The shiatsu massage chair is designed to give you heat therapy for complete relaxation and blood circulation.
- Includes a Bluetooth music player
- Comes with a foot roller massage
- Has an extendable footrest
- Has a smart remote controller
- Relieves back pain and minimizes stress
- Comes with eight massage rollers
- May not be suitable for all
The advanced technology chair provides pressure massage on the hips, calves, foot, shoulder, and arms. It can be operated on five speeds and comes with a display remote for adjustments. The chair is comfortable and supports by relaxing your body and relieving pains and stress.
- Changeable seating angles
- Comes with easy-to-use remote
- Provides low back heat therapy
- Includes a wireless controller
- Works on body scan technology
- Offers seat vibration
- May not offer foot massage
- Could take more time to assemble
The 3D recliner chair is designed with advanced technology to provide the ideal massage therapy you may need. It features five pre-programmed auto massages, 3D massage with rollers specifically designed for flexibility. The chair has 12 airbags to massage the shoulders, lower back, arms, calves, and feet.
- Has unique foot rollers
- Comes with extendable footrest
- Includes three zero-gravity modes
- Provides heat therapy on the lumbar area
- Available in three colors
- Comes with Bluetooth speakers
- Could be bulky
- May take more space
Benefits Of Massage Chairs
Here are some benefits that you can gain from massage chairs.
- Massage therapy helps to boost serotonin levels that convert to melatonin (sleep hormone), thereby offering you quality sleep time.
- Regular massage, along with heat and vibrations, can reduce and manage lower back pain.
- Massage improves the production of feel-good chemicals called endorphins, which help improve mood.
- Soft massage and foot rollers of the massage chair can relieve pain from the sore muscles of the body.
- Hectic schedules can lead to improper body postures. Regular massage can provide pressure to your spine and help you maintain an upright position.
- Massage therapy is known to promote blood circulation, which in turn helps with better digestion.
- Massage improves white blood cell activity that fights viruses, thereby naturally enhancing the body’s immunity.
How To Choose The Right Massage Chair?
Here are a few tips to help you select the best massage chair for your home.
- Design: Massage chairs come in different shapes and sizes. They are made of plastic, leather, and other combinations, and usually have cushions and pads. Choose a lightweight one that is designed ergonomically, and suits everyone with different heights and weights. It should give you comfort when you sit or lie down on it.
- Adjustability: Choose a massage chair that has adjustable features to alter the angle of the chair, footrest, headrest, and armrest. This way, the massage chair can be used by multiple users.
- Sturdiness: A premium massage chair is made of good-quality materials that last longer than usual. Read all the pros and cons of the massage chair to assess its quality and to know if it is a durable option.
- Entertainment: Some massage chairs come with Bluetooth speakers, audio play options, and LED lights. If you have a budget for it, you can check such options when looking for a good massage chair.
- Other features you can look for are airbag compression, customized massage modes, appearance, accessories, and price.
A massage chair is an investment that should help you relax quickly and last many years. So, make a note of the features that you are looking for, and compare the pros and cons of products to shortlist a few you can pick from based on your preferences and needs.