Enjoy a spa-like showering experience at home with the best massage shower heads. Massage shower heads can make a huge difference to your showering experience. They work well if you want to address some pain points while taking a shower and help you relax and rejuvenate. While some are fixed, others may contain a 360-degree rotatable head or a long hose that helps reach different pressure points. These high-performance and user-friendly shower heads are easy to install and compatible with most bathroom connections and fittings. So, learn more about the features and pros and cons of the various massage shower heads we have listed here.
10 Best Massage Shower Heads
This shower head from Culligan comes with five spray settings, ranging from full body to invigorating pulse to let you have a refreshing shower and relaxing muscle massage each time. Its advanced filtration system featuring a WHR-140 filter cartridge removes impurities, such as chlorine, scale, and sulfur odor, to protect the hair and skin. It is further tested and certified by IAPMO and EPA. The invigorating shower head is compatible with standard half-inch thread shower arms and requires no tools for installation. Check out this quick review video detailing a tester’s experience with using the quality shower head.
- Sturdy design
- Non-clogging rubber spray nozzle
- Large range motion
- Reduces chlorine and rust
- Changing the spray settings may not be a breeze
Shape: Round | Item Weight: 1.45 pounds | Product Dimensions: 8.5″L x 4.75″W | Color: Chrome | Material: Multi | Shape: Round
The luxurious and contemporary chrome hand shower from AquaBliss is equipped with a six-mode massage shower head. The adjustable and user-friendly shower head and massaging nozzle system are crafted with high-quality plastic and brass nuts for durability, while the 6.5-foot ultra-long and 360-degree rotatable stainless steel hose is perfect for reaching hard-to-reach areas. Here’s an honest review of the product.
- Water-saving On/Off function
- Universal fit
- Flexible hose
- Easy installation
- Anti-clog nozzles
- Ergonomic handle
- Adjustable and removable shower head
- One-year warranty
- May not be as durable as you would want it to be
Aqua Elegante massage shower head is designed with six massage jet spray settings, ranging from light mist to jet stream, to give you the ultimate shower experience each time. The time-tested shower head has an oil-rubbed ABS body that gives it a robust finish, while the mineral-resistant nozzles prevent calcium build-up. The installation is easy with step-by-step instructions and the high-quality Teflon tape.
- Corrosion-resistant and rust-free
- Easy to handle
- Self-cleaning silicone rubber nozzles
- Durable brass threads
- Long-range motion
- Loud operation
Culligan Wall-Mounted Filtered Shower Head With Massage
Aqua Elegante Massage Shower Head
Chrider Handheld Shower Head
Made of chrome-plated premium ABS material and stainless steel hose, the high-performance Chrider shower head is sturdy and durable. The electroplated design makes this shower head elegant and glossy and prevents rusting and fading. Its five shower head settings, including two shower massage settings, give you the best showering experience. It also includes an adjustable overhead bracket with swivel brass ball joints to control the flow of water.
- Multi-functional design
- Removable shower head
- Sand filter disk
- May not be easy to install as claimed
Equipped with four spray settings, this water massage shower head from Waterpik allows you to choose a setting based on your mood. The tried-and-tested handheld shower head comes with a five-foot hose for convenience and can be installed without the requirement for tools or a plumber.
- Adjustable angle bracket
- Multiple spray pattern settings
- Long hose for convenience
- Easy to install—no pipe tape required
- Includes an instruction manual
- May have a plastic smell
6. Best Long-Lasting:Hammerhead Showers Handheld Shower Head
Hammerhead Showers handheld shower head is one of the best massage shower heads you can find in the market due to its metal components and industry-rated 2.5 GPM flow rate. In addition, it comes with three unique spray settings to offer you a spa-like experience. The shower head is built from durable 304 stainless steel and features a silicone nozzle for easy cleaning.
- Easy clean nozzle
- Adjustable 360-degree rotating holder
- Pressure-adjustable settings
- Industrial electroplating
- DIY installation
- Plastic hose
7. Best Easy-To-Install:Waterpik PowerPulse Massage Shower Head
Designed with the patented PowerPulse massage technology, the high-performance massage shower head from Waterpik delivers twice the massage force as regular ones available in the market. The powerful shower head offers six spray patterns to deliver a full body massage and soothe muscle tension with the pulsating streams of water. Further, it comes with a five-foot hose to enhance convenience when bathing.
- Includes a bracket holder and two washers
- Water-saving feature
- Promotes sleep
- Easy to install
- Plastic hose
8. Best For Pressure:HO2ME High Pressure Handheld Shower Head
The tried-and-trusted HO2ME handheld shower head is a luxurious equipment that can maximize showering pleasure as it converts low water flow pressure into a powerful spray. It provides you the flexibility to use it as a massager, a spray, and a combination of the two, enabling you to relish a personalized relaxing experience. In addition, the premium chrome-plating finish of this relaxation shower head adds an elegant charm to your shower decor.
- Easy to install and assemble
- High-pressure shower head
- Adjustable shower bracket
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Includes an extra gasket for hose
- Affordable price
- Some may find the head to be smaller than expected
- Hose may be heavier than expected
Material: Stainless Steel, Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene | Shape: Round | Item Weight: 1.1 pounds | Product Dimensions: 8.9″L x 3.3″W | Color: Chrome
The time-tested Engage Magnetix handheld shower head with chrome plating by Moen features a unique and elegant design with a mirror-like finish that complements almost any bathroom decor. Its innovative magnetic docking system and long hose length offer flexibility and allow you to dock the shower head effortlessly. Moreover, you can choose between three different water pressure levels and six different spray modes for different massage intensities and for an enhanced bathing experience with soothing water flow.
- Tangle-free hose
- Spot-resistant coating
- Wide coverage
- Available in three distinct finishes
- Pressure may not be adequate for some
- May have plastic parts
10. Best Stylish:Delta Faucet 5-Spray In2ition Dual Shower Head
The Delta Faucet five-spray two-in-one shower head gives you a luxurious, customizable shower experience. With five distinct spray settings, this quality-tested shower head makes it easy to get a relaxing cleanse. Each spray is powered by H2Okinetic Technology, delivering full-body coverage that feels like natural rain. Its touch-clean spray holes let you clean tough calcium and lime build-up.
- Reflective finish
- Rainfall shower head for a refreshing shower experience
- Comes with an integrated magnet for easy, secured docking
- Durable stainless steel shower hose
- Comes with a unique pause feature
- Metal hose can stretch from 60-82 inches
- Installation instructions may not be clear
- Might leak at times
Handle Material: Rubber | Item Weight: 3.99 pounds | Product Dimensions: 5.5″L x 6.88″W | Color: Black Stainless | Material: ABS – Plastic | Shape: Round
How To Choose The Right Massage Shower Head?
Here are a few tips to help you choose the right massage shower head for a luxurious shower experience.
- Multiple settings: Choose a shower head with multiple spray and stream settings, including a shower massage setting and a pause setting, for a rejuvenating showering experience.
- Water pressure: Depending on the place you live in, there may be restrictions on the water flow. Buy a shower head with a flow restrictor installed to save on water bills.
- Handheld: Handheld shower heads can be taken off the mount for use. This feature allows you to target specific areas while taking a bath.
- Compatibility: It is important that the product you choose is compatible with your bathroom setup, or it will require extensive installation.
- Durability: It is not easy to purchase a new shower head now and then; hence, buy one that is designed with high-quality material for durability.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much water do shower heads use?
Most regular shower heads utilize about 2.5 gallons of water per minute. Thus, it’s best to opt for WaterSense-certified shower heads that use about two gallons of water per minute (1).
2. Is it necessary to clean a shower head?
It is necessary to clean a shower head on a regular basis else they can harbor a range of mycobacteria (2).
3. How often should a shower head be cleaned?
It’s recommended to clean a shower head every once a week or fortnight to keep germs at bay and reduce silting.
4. How long does a massage shower head last?
A well-maintained shower head may last for a couple of years, but it’s recommended to replace it every six to eight months.
5. Can I use a massage shower head daily?
If you often experience leg cramps, sore muscles, and back aches and would like to enjoy a spa-like experience at home, you may use a therapeutic shower head for temporary relief.
6. Can children use a massage shower head?
Since most massage shower heads, especially handheld ones, could be a bit tedious for children to maneuver on their own, it’s better not to let them use one independently.
7. How do I know if I need a new shower head?
Here are some signs that indicate you need a new shower head: leakage, silting, mold build-up, an unexpected change in water pressure, and an unexpected change in water temperature.
By installing a good massage shower head in your washroom, you can live the spa experience every day at home. They are efficient and relaxing and help relax your muscles to ease pain and stress. However, while choosing a shower head, ensure to use one with good water pressure that’s not too harsh or slow for effective results. The product should be sturdy and efficient for long-lasting use. Our list includes the best massage shower heads in various stylish designs and finish options that you can compare to understand your requirements.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Specializing in household products, Wedetso Chirhah is an experienced writer and reviewer. His attention to detail and people’s requirements makes his recommendations useful and reliable. He has extensively researched related forums and user reviews to compile this list of the best massage shower heads. Each product includes detailed descriptions along with its pros and cons. These massage shower heads will help you enjoy a comfortable and relaxing shower session.
Infographic: A Brief Guide To Choosing A Massage Shower Head
Using a massage shower head can be therapeutic and rejuvenating. However, to make the most of it, you should consider some key factors. Have a look at this infographic as we tell you a few pointers for choosing a massage shower head.
- Ecological Analyses Of Mycobacteria In Showerhead Biofilms And Their Relevance To Human Health: