Professional massage therapists or masseuses may look for the best massage tables available to ensure their clients get maximum comfort and relaxation. These tables are constructed ergonomically, keeping the comfort of the customer and the therapist in mind. In addition, these tried-and-tested tables are designed to be as versatile as possible to be used for spa centers, reiki clinics, acupuncture therapies, reflexology centers, beauty care settings, and clinics and physiotherapy centers.
This post brings a list of some top massage tables and tips on choosing the right one, depending on the purpose.
11 Best Massage Tables
1. Best For Outdoor Use:BestMassage Massage Table
The BestMassage portable massage table is a good buy for massage therapists, home users, and students alike. This luxury yet budget-friendly massage table is made of high-quality beech hardwood and includes helpful accessories such as a fitted cotton sheet and an oil pouch. The cover is made from extra-soft PVC leather that requires minimal maintenance. For a more detailed review of this lightweight massage table, here’s a video.
- Two-inch thick sponge for a soft and comfortable experience
- Easy to set up and close by opening and unfolding the bed from the middle
- Sturdy hardwood frame structure
- Height can be easily changed from 24in to 33in by adjusting the knobs
- Feet equipped with height-adjustable knobs
- Portable and lightweight
- Carrying case with adjustable shoulder straps
- Table may be a little wobbly
- Armrest may not attach strongly
- Cover may peel off easily
2. Best In Easy Assembly:AmazonCommercial Folding Massage Table
The basic portable massage table from SierraComfort features a beech hardwood frame and high-density foam of two inches, which makes it an ideal solution to fulfill basic massage therapy requirements. This review video will provide you with added insights about the tested features of this professional massage table.
- Adjustable head and arm rest
- Available in various colors
- Includes a storage case
- Adequate size
- May not be stain-resistant
- Headrest may wobble slightly
A 60-minute massage offers the same benefits as 7-8 hours of sleep does for your body.
3. Best In Sturdy Construction:SierraComfort Basic Portable Massage Table
The basic massage table from SierraComfort features a beech hardwood frame and high-density foam of two inches, which makes it an ideal solution to fullfill basic massage therapy requirements. This video will provide you with added insights about the portable massage table.
- Threaded support bar and double support wires offer stability to the frame
- Adjustable height from 25.5in to 33.5in
- Foldable at the middle
- Easy to transport
- No tools are required for assembly
- Durable PU leather that is water and oil resistant
- Supports 450lb maximum weight
- Does not include any accessories
- Latches may be difficult to release
|BestMassage Massage Table||AmazonCommercial Folding Massage Table||SierraComfort Basic Portable Massage Table|
|Weight||1.05 pounds.||13.5 Kilograms||31.3 Pounds|
|Dimensions||82 x 35 x 34 inches||84 x 37 x 34.5 inches||-|
|Number of Items||-||-||1|
|Dimensions LxWxH||-||-||73 x 28 x 33 inches|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
4. Best In Weight Capacity:EARTHLITE Harmony DX Portable Massage Table
The Harmony DX massage table is lightweight at just 38lb and could withstand a working weight of 600lb. It is 30in wide and comfortable with an adjustable face pillow, face cradle, and carrying case.
- Made from sustainably-sourced wood
- Cloudfill poly-gel blend face cradle cushion
- Nylon carrying case
- Measures 30in x 73in to accommodate people of varying sizes
- Natursoft fabric that is soft, durable, and supple to touch
- Non-slip stable feet and full-massage endplates prevent wobbling
- Lifetime warranty on construction and frame
- Three-year warranty on foam and upholstery
- No tilted top
- Massage endplates might make it difficult for seated work
5. Best In Convenience:MaxKare Folding Massage Table
This MaxKare massage table could be a good choice for home users and therapy students. Along with the headset, the set measures about 84in × 28in, and the table height can be adjusted from 24in to 35in.
- Includes a detachable headrest, armrest, and arm sling
- Bed could be folded easily and carried in a carrying case
- Adjustable face bracket for a better massage experience
- Large and wide frame is suitable for all massage treatments
- Easy to store and needs minimal storage space
- High-grade PU leather that is soft on the skin
- Can carry a maximum capacity of 496lb
- Heavier than expected
- Legs and support bars may not be sturdy enough
6. Best For Home Use:Saloniture Professional Portable Massage Table with Backrest
This could be one of the best professional massage tables that offer extra comfort with its tilting backrest. It could work well for both at-home users and certified massage therapists. The padded massage table features a hardwood frame with double tension knobs for each leg. It has the same steel construction support cables, all of which could support up to 450lb weight.
- Ultra-padded high-density foam offers support to the body
- Adjustable headrest and removable armrests for customized comfort
- Standing table measures 84in x 37in whereas folded table dimensions are 36in x 8-1/2in x 28in
- Height could be adjusted from 24 ½in to 35 ½in
- Heavy-duty nylon carry case including pockets
- Three-inch foam containing face pillow with removable cover
- Non-slip and non-marring feet
- Oil-proof, waterproof and stain-resistant PU synthetic leather cover
- Assembling might be difficult
- Legs may not be stable
The Master Massage portable table measures around 84in long and 30in wide, with an ideal height option that extends from 20in to 34in. It is lightweight and could be easily transportable. Tested to offer added comfort and support, the big top head design is pretty relaxing, and it has three inches of multi-layered small-cell foam.
- Oil and water-resistant sand PU upholstery
- CFC free and denim-like reinforcement backing for extra durability
- Square corners offer relaxation to the shoulder area
- Formaldehyde and carcinogen-free wood
- Walnut hardwood legs with hi-gloss Dura seal finish
- Withstands a working capacity of 750lb
- Includes accessories: ErgonomicDream face pillow, ErgonomicDream face cradle, armrest shelf, and two-pocket carrying cases
- Pillow may be hard and uncomfortable
Maintaining the cushioning of your massage table is of utmost importance. If it gets threadbare, the massage will not be comfortable and lack therapeutic quality.
8. Best Lightweight:Yaheetech Massage Table Portable Massage Bed
The foldable massage table from Yaheetech is made of wood and has a three-fold massage bed that could help you sleep better, reduce stress, and uplift your mood. It is made of aluminum alloy and beech wood and has a soft cover made of durable PVC leather. You may use this tried-and-tested adjustable massage table for spa, home massage, acupuncture, beauty parlor, and more.
- Easy to assemble by opening the case, letting the legs out and adjusting the height
- Adjustable headrest, hand pallet, and armrest are removable if not needed
- Height of the table can be adjusted to eight different heights
- Quick-fix locking mechanism in the attachable headrest
- Chrome class and double handles make it portable
- Maximum capacity is 551.2lb
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Massage table may wobble
9. Best Comfort:Luxton Memory Foam Massage Table
Enjoy spa-like massages at home with the Luxton memory foam massage table. Designed with a combination of memory foam and regular foam, it provides the right firmness and support required for the body to relax. This ergonomic massage table can withstand weights up to 551lb. In addition, the side pocket design allows you to store massaging oils and other essentials. The versatile table can double as a physical therapy or tattoo parlor massage table.
- Portable, foldable, and easy to transport
- Easy to install with adjustable height feature
- Includes memory foam face pillow
- Adjustable face cradle for optimal comfort
- Skin-safe, high-grade PU leather
- Features a hanging armrest and a side armrest on either side
- Some may not like the thin padding
- May be less sturdy than expected
Anti-skid attachments on the legs of the massage table ensure stability when getting onto the table and prevent the risk of accidents.
10. Best In Robust Construction: StrongLite Portable Massage Table Package
This body and facial massage table is not only portable but also heavy due to the sturdy frames and cable. It could be easily stored in car trunks and closets and weighs around 35lb. The package comes with a face cradle, pillow, stationary massage table, and a carry case. It is robust for its high-quality hardwood construction.
- Upholstered with 2.5in small-cell foam and soft vinyl with double-stitched rounded corners
- Measures 28in x 73in
- Height adjustment from 25in to 35in
- Withstands maximum weight of 450lb
- Wrinkle-resistant three-piece microfiber sheet set
- Double knobs and a strong cabling system give exceptional strength to the table
- Five-year warranty on the structure, and a two-year warranty on vinyl/foam
- Carrying case is not sturdy
- Foam may not be soft
11. Best Cushion Thickness:Giantex Massage Table Portable SPA Bed
The Giantex durable massage table is ideal for therapy students, home users, and professional therapists. It is precision-crafted with higher quality hardwood and has a high-density thick cushion for a comfortable massage experience.
- High-quality PVC leather cover is oil-resistant and waterproof
- Easy-to-carry case
- Widened metal hinges withstand weight up to 550lb
- Flexible and adjustable head rest as per user’s extra comfort
- Foam padding supports the complete body with even pressure
- Beechwood foot hard, durable, and slip-resistant
- Head support may not be sturdy
- Assembling may be difficult for some
How To Choose The Right Massage Table?
Here are some factors to consider when purchasing the massage table according to your professional or personal needs.
- Size: A massage table with a comfortable size is ideal for customers irrespective of their height. Do not invest in a small-sized table as it may not be suitable for tall people.
- Weight: Here, you should consider two aspects, the table weight and its capacity. Select a standard massage table that has a lightweight design and supports heavy weight.
- Adjustability: Check for height adjustment feature and consider a table that can be adjusted without by one person alone.
- Frame material: It is usually made of aluminum or wood. Aluminum massage tables are sturdy, weighs less, and easier to move, whereas wooden ones have an attractive appearance and can support up to 450lb. However, aluminum material is not as durable as wooden tables.
- Accessories: Choose massage tables with accessories such as a removable headrest, armrest, slings, or bolsters for positioning knees and ankles.
- Padding: The thickness determines the quality of padding. Consider the one that has at least two inches thick padding as it is comfortable and supportive.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Sakshi John is an experienced writer and reviewer of furniture and household appliances. In this post, she has compiled a list of the best massage tables after researching several products online to help you meet your professional needs. She has added these products to the list after considering several customer reviews online. She has also integrated a buying guide to help you choose the perfect massage table.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How wide should a massage table be?
The width of the massage table varies with every brand. Typically, massage tables are 28 to 30 inches wide to accommodate most clients.
2. How high should the massage table be?
Most massage tables come with adjustable height features, and they can be adjusted from 23 to 33 inches. However, you should adjust the height of the massage table such that you can easily massage your customer without any discomfort.
3. What can I use to clean my massage table?
You can use a solution of soap and warm water to clean your massage table. Here are a few steps for cleaning it:
- Dip a microfiber cloth in the soap solution and squeeze out the excess water.
- Gently wipe the surface of the massage table using the microfiber cloth to remove any debris or oil stains.
- Now, wipe it clean with regular water and let it air-dry.
4. How much weight can a massage table support?
Most massage tables have a weight capacity of 350 to 700 pounds. However, the weight capacity of massage tables varies with each product. Therefore, look carefully at the specifications before buying the product.
5. Is it okay to sleep on a massage table?
Sleeping on a massage table for a small amount of time while getting a massage is absolutely fine. However, sleeping on them for extended periods of time can cause issues such as minor back pain.
6. Why is there a hole in the massage table?
Some massage tables have holes in them at different positions to allow for extra room for your face, belly, or breasts when you’re lying on your stomach.
Getting a massage after a long, tiring day is therapeutic. The best massage tables can fit into a spa, reiki clinic, and physiotherapy center seamlessly. One of the most important pointers to consider when buying a massage table is comfort. Look for tables that are lightweight, sturdy, durable, easy to assemble, and oil-resistant. You might want to stay away from massage tables with hard leather and those that do not support a wide variety of weight categories.Hence, we recommend the SierraComfort Basic Portable Massage Table, which boasts PU leather upholstery, and the Saloniture Professional Portable Massage Table with a tilting backrest. Further, choose ones that feature armrests, bolsters, and comfortable padding, as the EARTHLITE Harmony DX Portable Massage Table does.
Infographic: How To Maintain Massage Tables?
Massages can make you feel rejuvenated by relieving muscle pain and other minor aches. But, not cleaning the table can make it look stained and develop unpleasant odors. Follow the infographic to learn how you can clean and maintain massage tables.