Pregnancy is a lovely phase, but it also brings certain hurdles. For instance, your body undergoes a change, and walking around in your regular shoes might be uncomfortable. Here, the best maternity shoes we have collated for you in this post can come to your rescue. High-quality and tried-and-tested maternity shoes are designed to relieve pressure off your feet and support the extra weight. These are made of soft and breathable materials and are easy to wear.
Keep scrolling as we bring you a long list of some best-selling maternity shoes known for their quality craftsmanship and give you a few tips on choosing the right pair that offers comfort.
10 Best Maternity Shoes
Available in various colors, this tried-and-tested pair of maternity shoes has rubber soles, 0.79-inch heels, and soft lining made from plush fleece. The slip-on design ensures it fits your feet snugly and provides comfort, making it one of the ideal shoes for pregnancy. The rubber sole’s traction is suitable for indoor use as they are noiseless, making each step steadier. These comfortable pregnancy shoes have a high-density memory foam lining that adjusts to your foot shape and relaxes your feet. They are machine-washable and can be air-dried or flat-dried. This review video will help you understand more about the product.
- Has a slow rebound feature
- Molds better to tired feet
- Made from skin-friendly material
- Available in four sizes
- Shoe is not water-resistant
- May fall apart with extended use
True to size, these maternity flats will give you comfort and style. They are made of high-quality fabric, and the rubber soles are non-skid and can be worn indoors and outdoors. The memory foam insole will give you a relaxing feel, and it is flexible to make your movement easy and convenient. This pair of comfortable maternity footwear has a canvas upper, and the arch pillow provides extra support while walking. If you are still unsure, check out this honest review detailing a tester’s experience.
- Shock-absorbing low-profile midsole
- Has a layered construction
- Stretches upon usage
- Comes in a variety of colors and sizes
- May seem tight around the toes
- May require time to get used to the shoe
Made from a micro-suede material, these maternity shoes have synthetic, anti-slip soles to provide stability. The thick memory foam adjusts to your foot shape and acts as a cushion to give you comfort and support throughout the day. They are machine-washable and available in various shoe sizes.
- Reliably warm and fluffy design
- Can be worn during outings
- Comes with a textured bottom
- Available in eight colors
- Shoe may not be water-resistant
- May run small for some
Available in two colors, the shoes are made from 100% synthetic material. Their rubber soles will help you walk all day long as they are lightweight and flexible. This pair has memory foam cushioning that will protect against impact. Moreover, the classic design makes them a suitable alternative maternity shoes for formal occasions.
- Air-cooled memory foam
- Loosens up easily upon wearing
- Safe for slippery surfaces
- Comes in various sizes
- May run large
- Insoles may not be removable
Made from 100% synthetic material, these shoes have rubber soles and the platform measures approximately one inch. They are lightweight and comfortable with non-slip rubber outsoles, making them suitable maternity shoes for all-day wear. The outsole and upper sole are waterproof, and the footbed is made from absorbent material to keep your feet dry all day. Available in various colors, the shoes have a shock absorber and an anti-torsion system to safeguard your feet. Click this video to learn more about the product.
- Resistant to abrasion and oil
- 90-day manufacturer warranty included
- Has a moisture-wicking insole
- Available in 11 sizes and nine colors
- May not have sufficient arch support
- Some may find the show upper to be thin
With time-tested synthetic soles, these lace-up sneakers are flexible and have TPR-injected outsoles. It also has a molded arch for all-day support. They are casual and low profile with versatile, hidden stretch panels. The stretchy collar will allow you to wear these slip-on maternity shoes with ease, and the insoles are padded with memory foam and are printed.
- Lightweight design
- Available in various colors
- Easy to clean stains
- Offers adequate traction
- May be smaller than expected
- May not have sufficient cushioning
Featuring a 0.98-inch heel and made from soft faux leather, this tried-and-trusted pair of comfortable maternity shoes has a comfortable lining and synthetic soles for flexibility and easy wearing. The insoles are cozy and have anatomical cushioning, making them excellent maternity shoes for swollen feet. Available in multiple colors, these shoes are lightweight and have a flexible construction that will move with you. The embossed detail makes them stylish and perfect for everyday wear with any attire or occasion.
- Microfiber partially made from recycled bottles
- Has subtle chevron accents
- Low-profile footwear goes well with any outfit
- Available in ten sizes
- May run small
- May not be water-resistant
8. Best With Odor-Reducing Footbed:Vionic Women’s Gemma Mule Slipper
Crafted with a breathable and flexible plush upper, these expert-approved mule slippers by Vionic keep your feet cool and cozy. They feature a shock-absorbing EVA midsole that helps keep your feet stress-free. The slippers are designed with an odor-resistant, antibacterial terry cloth footbed that promotes freshness and odor-free feet. Additionally, these supportive maternity shoes boast Orthaheel technology, which has been proven to reduce flat-foot and plantar fasciitis discomfort.
- Easy to wear slip-on style
- Lightweight and flexible
- Maternity shoes with arch support
- Approved by the American Podiatric Medical Association
- Have non-skid outsole
- Keep your feet warm
- Available in multiple colors
- May not be washable
- Sole may be a bit firm for some
The breathable and lightweight elastic shoes are 50% lighter than most shoes and slippers. They are anti-skid and abrasion-proof. The memory foam and the compression-resistant arch support will provide you stability and comfort all day long. These maternity sneakers are machine-washable and have a moisture-wicking mesh design.
- Helps relieve feet from bunions
- Rejuvenates feet
- Breathable maternity shoes
- Ultra-soft cushioned soles
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- May not offer adequate arch support
- May have a peculiar odor
Made with quality craftsmanship and featuring thermoplastic rubber soles, these comfy shoes are non-slip and have a classic and elegant design. Their ballerina design with a bow decoration will add a sense of style to your wardrobe. The lining of these maternity slippers is made from pure cotton material that is breathable and comfortable. These shoes are designed to flex with your feet, and the soles have rubber gripping dots ideal for slippery floors. They are foldable, and you can pack them in your handbag. These maternity sandals are machine- and hand-washable and should be air-dried.
- Made from breathable fabric
- Available in four colors
- Stylish maternity shoes
- Suitable for indoor wear
- Can be worn in spring and summer
- Suitable for all foot types
- Elastic may be smaller than expected
- Some may find the soles thin
How To Choose The Right Maternity Shoes?
Consider the following features when buying maternity shoes.
- Type: You can choose from loafers, sandals, sneakers, mules, boots, and others. Make sure you pick a comfortable pair with sufficient support and padding.
- Slip-resistance: When choosing a pair of shoes for pregnancy, make sure that they are slip-resistant for better stability and traction–they should allow you to walk comfortably on all terrains.
- Durability evaluation: It is advised to choose shoes that are made of breathable and stretchable material to accommodate your swollen feet. They should be durable enough to last you several months.
- Size: Make sure you choose the right shoe size, as ill-fitting shoes can lead to discomfort.
Why Trust MomJunction?
During pregnancy, your body may go through various changes, including swollen, achy feet. To help you walk around easily, Vibha Navarathna, our experienced writer and reviewer of nursing, pregnancy, and baby products, has compiled some of the best maternity shoes that are comfortable and suitable for expecting mothers. She has handpicked shoes that are anti-slip, lightweight, shock-absorbing, soft, and available in a wide range of shoe sizes. In addition, she has also considered expert fashion reviews to ensure your style stays on fleek.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I wear heels while I’m pregnant?
Wearing heels during pregnancy may not be safe for moms. So you need to wear shoes with low heels and good arch support (1).
2. Do my feet get longer when I’m pregnant?
Studies show that for some women, feet may grow as bones and ligaments loosen and relax. These changes may be permanent.
3. Is it okay to wear tight shoes when pregnant?
Wearing tight shoes during pregnancy may be uncomfortable and lead to pain. Sometimes, it may also cause corns, calluses, and bunions.
4. What kind of shoes are ideal for swollen feet during pregnancy?
Casual shoes, such as sneakers or flats, are ideal for swollen feet during pregnancy. They are comfortable and provide relief to swollen feet. Additionally, it is advised to wear shoes a size larger to offer some breathing space to your swollen feet.
When you’re pregnant, regular shoes can start to feel less comfortable due to the changes that your body undergoes. Thus, having a pair of soft, breathable, and cozy shoes designed for maternity can help relieve some pressure off your feet and keep them comfortable throughout the day. When choosing the right pair of maternity shoes, make sure it is slip-resistant and stretchable and offers proper support and padding. After all, your feet deserve all the tender loving care.
Infographic: How To Manage Feet Swelling During Pregnancy?
During pregnancy, it is common for women to experience swelling due to increased fluid retention in the body. However, implementing appropriate measures can help manage this temporary condition. Explore these helpful steps and measures in the infographic below to reduce the risk and symptoms of swelling to ensure a comfortable pregnancy.
- Pregnancy and Posture