- How are maternity belts different from belly bands?
- What should you look for in a maternity belt?
- Best maternity belts to use during pregnancy
- When is a maternity belt used?
- What are the benefits of a maternity belt?
- 6 tips to wear a pregnancy support belt
With your growing belly grows your discomfort. It hinders your flexibility and slows your movement. This is where maternity belts come to your rescue. Maternity support belts provide relief from back, hip, and pelvic pain during pregnancy. They are available in various sizes and shapes and can be used post-pregnancy too.
Momjunction shares with you a long list of maternity belts, along with their features. We also provide some important information related to the belts. First, let’s see the differences between maternity belts and belly bands.
How Are Maternity Belts Different From Belly Bands?
Bands and belts may sound similar but they are different:
A belly band is a piece of clothing that looks like a tube top. It helps you fit into your pre-pregnancy clothes by compressing the belly area. It is stretchy and flexible enough to accommodate your growing tummy.
A maternity belt supports your abdomen when you need help in carrying your growing belly. It helps relieve the strain on your back and pelvis.
Before buying a maternity belt, you need to know about the features you should look for.
What Should You Look For In A Maternity Belt?
Do not compromise on these features when you are buying a belt:
- Comfort: The belt should be comfortable to wear, and fit you properly so that it supports your back and the abdomen.
- Easy to clean: Look out for the ones that are machine washable as you need to clean it every week. It can save time and your effort.
- Expense: While choosing the maternity bands or belts, make sure that you look for good quality ones and the ones that are reasonably priced.
While considering the above points, you may want to choose from our list of belts given below.
Best Maternity Belts To Use During Pregnancy
Here is a mix of maternity belts and pregnancy belly bands. You may choose depending on your requirements:
1. AZMED Maternity Belt
AZMED maternity belt supports the pregnancy weight and puts less strain on your spine, which helps ease the back, hip, and pelvic pain.
- A breathable and elastic fabric that doesn’t make you feel hot and greasy under the belt.
- Supports the growing bump with gentle compression in the abdominal area.
- Helps correct the posture and supports weak abdominal muscles during and post pregnancy.
- Can fit up to 46 inches.
2. Flexguard Plus-Size Maternity Support Belt
If you are overweight, you might have trouble finding the right maternity belt. Flexguard plus size belt might suit you.
- It is available in sizes up to 3X, which can fit 54 to 62in belly size.
- It is adjustable. You can keep expanding it as your belly grows.
- It helps correct your posture.
- It offers relief from pelvic, hip and back pain during pregnancy.
[ Read: Seat Belt During Pregnancy ]
3. Cabea Maternity Support Belt
If you have been experiencing severe pelvic pain towards the last week of pregnancy then Cabea maternity support belt offers you relief. It lifts the abdomen off the pelvis thus reducing the pressure on the lower part.
- It is breathable, adjustable, and easy to wear.
- The outer fabric is made of durable and soft neoprene, spandex, and nylon material. The Velcro gently lifts the abdomen.
- The belt comes with a groin band providing vulvar varicosities support that helps relieve pelvic floor and back pain. It is also ideal for wearing after C-section.
4. Maternity FITsplint
Maternity FITsplint belts help you get the daily dose of exercise by supporting your tummy while jogging during pregnancy.
Its fabric is breathable and made of nylon, neoprene, and silicone.
The belt comes with a split in the center making it versatile.
It comes with two-strap support and can be worn in three ways.
It lifts your belly putting less pressure on the bladder.
The belt is adjustable, slim, and flexible offering back support.
5. Babo Care Maternity Belt
The Babo care maternity belt offers instant relief from your hip, back and pelvic area pains. It is a good option for those carrying twins.
- It comes with an upper and lower double-layer design, which helps support your belly firm.
- It is made of a breathable and elastic fabric making it easy for you to sit, walk, and bend with ease and can be stretched to your desired size.
- It helps you carry out your day-to-day activities with ease.
- It comes in two sizes i.e., size L ( length – 45in) and XL (length – 49in)
6. Pretty See Cradle Maternity Belt
This maternity belt provides relief from abdominal and back pain and also reduces the swelling of ankles and feet.
- It is made of breathable cotton and spandex material.
- It is lightweight and offers compression support.
- This double belt comes with an inner steel frame offering relief from the waist, hips, and pelvic area pains. Moreover, it corrects your posture and helps you sit, walk, and bend with ease.
- It comes with a unique Velcro strap that is adjustable and can be stretched to the desired size.
- The belt has a narrow front part that sits right under the belly, and a wider back part covering and supporting your lower back.
- It is excellent for prenatal and postpartum use.
- It is washable. Just soak it in warm water with detergent for 10 minutes and rinse well.
7. Gabrialla Maternity Support Belt
This is a great exercising belt for active pregnant moms. It provides extra support, stability, and balance during workouts.
It is made up of polyester (50%), cotton (30%), and lycra (20%).
Its unique design makes it virtually invisible under your pants.
It offers proper posture and helps reduce the risk of stretch marks.
It is flexible, adjustable, and comfortable for everyday use.
The belt comes with a back pocket offering cold and hot therapy relief.
It has been designed to increase the blood flow to the lower back, help loosen the muscles, and reduce pain.
[ Read: Stylish Maternity Swimwear ]
8. Soft Form Maternity Support Belt
This maternity belt supports the lumbar and abdomen region and helps relieve the lower back pain. It can be worn under your dress as it provides with mild compression.
- It is fabricated with a multi-layered lining of nylon/cotton and is latex-free.
- Available in the universal medium size that fits the dress size 6-14.
- Fully adjustable and can be used throughout the pregnancy.
- Abdominal lift attachment gently lifts your lower belly without exerting any pressure.
- The elastic panels on both sides of the belt provide ventilation and gentle compression.
- The built-in strap holds the belt in place and prevents it from rolling.
9. Ingrid & Isabel’s Bellaband
It is an excellent multipurpose belly band for pregnancy that can be used throughout . It can be worn full length or folded for extra support. It gives a layered look when worn under a shirt.
- It’s made of nylon (84%) and cotton (16%).
- Is stretchable and comes with stay-put silicone strip that holds up your loose or unbuttoned pants in place.
- Is ideal for machine wash.
10. TOROS Group Maternity Support Band
TOROS maternity support band covers the belly and helps you focus on your workout without thinking about your bare belly showing up.
- It can be comfortably worn under the clothes.
- Gives relief from lower back, hip, and pelvic pains by putting less pressure on your spine.
- Exerts a gentle compression on your abdominal area offering instant relief from hip and pelvic pains.
- It is available in multiple sizes and claims to protect the belly from stretch marks.
- With an extra support on your back, you will be able to walk, sit and bend by wearing this belly band.
- It is designed ergonomically to correct your posture and offers support to your weak abdominal muscles.
- It can be used as an abdominal binder girdle and a maternity support belt by turning it back to front.
- It is ideal to wear during pregnancy and post-pregnancy.
[ Read: Best Postpartum Girdles ]
11. La-Reve Maternity Belly Band
This maternity belly band is ideal to wear before and after your delivery. If you have had a C-section, this belly band will remain soft on your surgical stitches.
- It can be worn full length offering full coverage to your belly or can be folded in half to hide the unzipped waistbands on your pre-pregnancy pants. It is ideal for wearing over your loose fitting maternity clothes.
- Its fabric is breathable, soft, and elastic, which can be adjusted to the desired size.
- It comes with a stay-put silicone strip that provides extra support and holds our pants in place.
- It is lightweight and keeps you cool and non-sticky under the band. It is ideal to use in all seasons.
- It can be used during pregnancy and post pregnancy until you fit in your pre-pregnancy clothes.
[ Read: Right Clothes To Wear During Pregnancy ]
12. Bentibo 2-Pack Maternity Belly Band
This maternity band offers flexibility and great support while you are trying to sweat out a bit. They keep you cooler during workouts.
- It is made of nylon (83%) and spandex (17%).
- Its fabric is breathable, soft, and seamless with tight knitting in the waist area. It gives you relief from back pain.
- The silicon rubber band stays in place even when you are moving during the workouts. The sticky part keeps your pants up.
- It provides enough compression to your abdominal muscles during your workouts.
- It can be worn full length or folded to hold your unbuttoned pants.
- It is ideal for correcting your posture and supporting your weak abdominal muscles.
- It is best for everyday wear and makes a warm cradle for your baby.
13. Belevation Belly Band
Excess body weight during pregnancy can lead to increased pains. The belevation belly band makes an excellent choice for women with a bigger bump and looking for extra support.
- It is seamless and comfortable to wear.
- Is made of nylon and spandex and is lightweight.
- Can fit up to size 18.
- Is machine washable. You may use non-chlorine bleach for washing it.
[ Read: Bra During Pregnancy ]
14. NEOtech Care Brand
A fully adjustable band that can expand to the desired size of your belly.
- It is made up of a breathable fabric.
- Has a multi-layered laminate with cotton or nylon elastic lining.
- Comes with an abdominal lift attachment that keeps the belt in place and puts less pressure on the spine.
15. Bracoo Maternity Belt
If you have pain in the lower back, this belt is for you.
- It helps improve your posture and makes an excellent prenatal cradle for your baby.
- Supports the lumbar muscles and reduces uterine prolapse.
- It is adjustable and comes with a secondary tightening belt to offer desired posture and relief.
- The four-way stretch fabric offers elasticity and comfort.
- Its Velcro strapping makes the belt easy to use and wear under regular clothing.
- It can be used as a body shaper after delivery.
- It fits up to 46 inches in size.
16. Yosoo Maternity Belt
The Yosoo Maternity Belt provides hip stability and relieves the discomforts of pregnancy. Its double elastic band provides mild compression support and reduces stress on the belly, lower back, pelvis, and hips.
- It is made of spandex and cotton material, which is skin friendly.
- It reduces the spinal pressure caused due to baby weight.
- The material is breathable, lightweight, and comes with an adjustable Velcro to fit your growing belly.
- The belt can be used pre and post delivery.
- It fits size up to 46 inches.
- It can be only hand washed.
17. HYBLOM’S Maternity Belt
This provides hip stability, alleviates lower back pain, and reduces pelvic pain. It reduces muscle joint fatigue, uterine prolapsed, and leg and ankle swelling.
- It is made from breathable and comfortable material.
- Has two Velcro straps that can easily accommodate your growing belly.
- Fits up to waist size 53 inches.
- Can be used pre and post delivery.
18. Zenda Naturals Pregnancy Band
The belt is uniquely designed to reduce pressure on your lower back and support your growing belly. It can be worn throughout the pregnancy.
- It is made of breathable material.
- It has adjustable straps that can fit any size of the baby bump.
19. V2 Support Maternity Belt
It offers effective compression therapy for women with vulvar varicosities, bladder, uterus, perineal edema, vaginal pressure, and lymphedema.
- It is made of 63% polyester, 23% spandex, 9% cotton, and 4% nylon
- The V2 supporter belt is adjustable and allows you to choose the level of compression.
- It helps you get back to your prenatal weight.
20. Enjoy Colorful Life Maternity Belt
This maternity belt alleviates the lower back pain by reducing pressure on the spine.
- High quality, elasticized, and breathable fabric made of nylon (80%) and spandex (20%) material with an internal lining of polyester (100%).
- It is available in a free size that can fit the abdominal size of 33-120 inches.
- Comes with a strong Velcro that is adjustable and supports the ligaments.
- Its ‘zero pressure’ support feature offers stability to the abdomen without exerting any pressure.
- It should be washed gently using a mild detergent and dried naturally.
21. Prenatal Cradle
This maternity belt claims to relieve the symptoms of lordosis, sciatica and pendulous abdomens.
- It is constructed of a multi-layered laminate and nylon or cotton lining.
- Helps lift the uterine weight from the pelvic cradle and eases the pubic and hip pain.
- Ensures better circulation in legs and ankles, and reduce pain and swelling.
- Ideal for active women who engage in exercises.
- Improves your posture.
[ Read: Sciatica In Pregnancy ]
22. Brace Belly
This maternity brace offers relief from pelvic area joint fatigue and muscle soreness during pregnancy.
- This maternity belt is constructed with a multi-layered laminate with a cotton/nylon elastic lining.
- It is fully adjustable and fits your tummy throughout the pregnancy.
- It gently lifts the abdominal area and reduces pressure on the lower back.
23. Vikka Breathable Maternity Belt
The belt helps relieve back and pelvic pain, supports weak abdominal muscles, and improves posture. It offers gentle compression to the abdomen.
- It is lightweight, fully adjustable, and is made of breathable cotton, nylon and spandex material.
- It comes with adjustable Velcro straps that can fit a belly circumference of up to 42 inches.
- It is available in one size that fits all.
- Suitable for postpartum use.
24. Maternity Back Support Belt
This maternity belt helps support the abdominal and lumbar regions and provides relief from lower back pain and other discomforts of pregnancy.
- Constructed of a unique multi-layered soft laminate with soft cotton/nylon lining.
- Its latex-free elastic compression side panels provide gentle compression on the abdomen.
- Comes with an abdominal lift attachment providing lift without any undesirable pressure.
- Is fully adjustable to accommodate your abdominal growth during pregnancy.
- Is flexible and lightweight and stays in place.
- Easy to wear under most clothing.
25. Prenatal Cradle Plus V2 Supporter
It helps ease pregnancy discomforts and improves your posture.
- It lifts pressure from the pelvis.
- Improves circulation and reduces leg and ankle swelling.
- No need to remove the belt when you want to go to the washroom.
- Helps prevent excessive swelling of the vulvar vein.
- The V2 portion is removable if you prefer just the support of the cradle. Measure your weight before ordering.
Disclaimer: MomJunction may earn commission when products are purchased through affiliate links given in the article. However, this partnership does not influence the editorial content featuring in the list.
This maternity belts window shopping must have made you eager to know more about the belts, right? Then, read on.
When Is A Maternity Belt Used?
A maternity belt can be used when:
- You have gained more weight than expected.
- You are expecting twins.
- You are having back and pelvic pains.
- Sciatica creates discomfort.
- You have round ligament pain.
In addition to reliving your back and pelvic pain, the belts are beneficial in a few other ways.
[ Read: Pregnancy Pillow And Its Amazing Effects ]
What Are The Benefits Of A Maternity Belt?
- It offers support and relief from pain: As your pregnancy grows, you might have a slight imbalance of your body. A maternity belt distributes the weight evenly across the abdomen, making it easy for you to walk, sit and bend.
- Improves posture: As your growing belly shifts your body balance, it affects your posture. A maternity belt helps you have the right posture by supporting your lower back.
- Provides enough compression for active mothers: The compression also helps you keep up with the exercise routines. If you wish to continue with jogging or running during pregnancy, look out for the maternity belts that can offer maximum support to your belly.
- Body-shaping post-pregnancy: A maternity belt can be used throughout your pregnancy and even after that. It helps you bring back your shape after delivery, be it vaginal or C-section.
- Promotes blood circulation: The maternity belts or bands keep your back and abdominal area warm, thus stimulating blood circulation. This facilitates proper supply of oxygen to the weak abdominal muscles and aids in faster tissue repair.
Remember, you can reap the benefits of a maternity belt only if you wear it the right way.
How to Wear a Maternity Belly Support Belt?
Follow these simple steps:
- Rest the maternity belt right under your belly and just above your pelvic area.
- Wrap the strap of the belt around your body till the opposite side of the belt and fasten it with the help of a hook or a loop fastener. You may adjust the loop fastener or the hook to tighten or loosen the belt.
- You can adjust the maternity belt as required for maximum comfort.
6 Tips To Wear A Pregnancy Support Belt
Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your belt:
- Do not buy a maternity belt without consulting your doctor. He or she would tell you if you should use a belt, and what type of a belt you can use.
- Since every pregnancy is different, the styles and designs that suit you may also differ. Choose a maternity belt based on its design and analyze how it can support your belly and relieve the pain. The best way is to take recommendations from your doctor.
- If you experience pain or discomfort during the night, wear the maternity belt while sleeping. It alleviates the discomfort and gives you a good sleep.
- Measure your belly circumference and use the size charts before buying the maternity belts.
- It is not necessary for you to wear the belt every day. You may go belt-free on the days when you do not have any pains or are too tired to use the belt.
- Follow the instructions given on the maternity belt. Wearing the maternity belt or band in a wrong way can cause problems such as back pain and may increase your discomfort.
A Thing To Note:
Remember, maternity belts are not free of side-effects. They might increase your pain, lead to skin irritation and discomfort, and even result in fetal heart rate changes (3).
Pregnancy doesn’t mean that you need to cut off yourself from all the activities you like to do. You can enjoy this beautiful phase if you get the right supporting pregnancy accessories. Make the most of them and your pregnancy would pass in a jiffy.
Have any experience to share with us? Let us know it here in the comment section.
- How To Remove Stretch Marks After Pregnancy
- Effective Ways To Prevent Breast Sagging Post Pregnancy
- When Can You Start Exercising After Your C-Section?
- Reasons For Postpartum Cramping And How You Can Get Relief From It
Latest posts by shreeja pillai (see all)
- Forceps Delivery: When And How Is It Done? - October 5, 2018
- What Causes A Pregnancy Brain And How To Deal With It? - September 17, 2018
- Blood Clots After Birth: Causes, Symptoms And Treatment - August 31, 2018