Help your child improve their basic math skills with our list of the best math workbooks. Mathematics is an important subject in the school curriculum, and your child needs regular practice to understand the concepts well. Counting, problem-solving, logical reasoning, critical thinking, and abstract thinking are basic math skills that help children develop useful skills. These workbooks can help your child understand better, allowing them to feel more comfortable while studying. So, read on to find a suitable workbook for your child.
Our Top Picks
15 Best Math Workbooks
1. Best For Preschoolers: Number Tracing Book by Modern Kid Press
The book is designed for young children who are in kindergarten and preschool or are between the ages of three and five. It has a premium-quality matte cover, and the pages are designed in a systematic order to help kids learn numbers, counting, and other basic concepts. It also helps improve a child’s recognition and writing skills. The prints in the book are bold, large, and clear.
2. Best Print And Matte Cover: Addition & Subtraction Workbook by School Zone
Children should learn basic math skills such as addition and subtraction, as it is essential in daily life. This workbook has 63 activity pages, each designed to make learning math a fun experience. It is good for children who are between six and eight years old. The prints are clear to understand, and the pages also have attractive designs. After completing all the activities, the child can get a certificate awarded in their name, as a mark of appreciation.
3. Best For Learning Problem Solving: Bedtime Math by Laura Over deck
Bedtime stories are exciting for children. Like bedtime storybooks, these bedtime math worksheets can become an interesting exercise for them to do before going to bed. The book has smartly designed the activities to keep the children hooked to it. It has short stories well-explained and accompanied by figures, followed by a math question. This is an ideal math workbook that teaches critical thinking, problem-solving, and other essential skills.
4. Best For Gifting: Math Riddles For Smart Kids by M. Prefontaine
Counting and solving problems could be boring for children. But this math workbook has a lot more in store. Recommended for kids aged between nine and 12, this book includes 150 riddles, jokes, puzzles, and much more to make learning mathematics easy and interesting. Children, as well as adults, can enjoy problem-solving in a unique way with this book. It can be an ideal gift for a school-going child.
5. Best For Learning Math Concepts: Mastering Essential Math Skills by Richard W. Fisher
The book is designed for sixth and seventh-grade students. It includes plenty of mathematical concepts and requires 20 minutes of learning per day. The book is available in paperback and Kindle version. Also, it comes in English and Spanish language. You may get this book for your child and motivate them to learn mathematics. The answers to the questions are available in the book, and the child can tally once the problems are solved.
6. Best Illustrations: Math Skill builders by Golden Books
The math workbook is ideal for preschoolers or children in second and third grade. It has basic mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, less than and greater than, money, and fractions. Doing the worksheets one by one can help children become proficient in many skills, including problem-solving, critical thinking, time-based problems, and a lot more. The book has clear prints and also attractive figures to keep the students focused.
7. Best Star Wars Theme: Star Wars Workbook: 1st Grade Math by Workman Publishing
The math workbook is designed for first-grade students. It has a lot of mathematical concepts such as counting numbers, addition and subtraction, place values, comparisons, two-dimensional shapes, and word problems. It also has Star Wars trivia to make it interesting for the children to learn. You can add and subtract lightsabers, starfighters, and battle droids. You may buy this for your child, who is six or seven-years-old.
8. Best Visual Prints: Amazing Visual Math by DK
Kindergarten and preschool children may not like mathematics. This math workbook makes learning enjoyable as it includes visual prints, including patterns, shapes, lines of symmetry, and other interactive concepts to teach young children. The book is recommended for children to enhance their visual learning and dexterity skills. It includes pop-ups, tabs, flaps, and a lot more to make learning fun.
9. Best For ages Three To Seven: Math Curse by Jon Scieszka + Lane Smith
The math activity book is recommended for children between the ages of three and seven. It includes basic mathematical questions with answers at the end of the book. The skills learned from the book can be used in daily life for buying stuff, adding, subtracting, and doing other chores. You may buy this book for your kid and let them learn and enjoy the subject.
10. Best For Easy Learning: Math Dictionary For Kids by Theresa Fitzgerald
The author of the book is a teacher and uses one of the best ways to teach math to the students. This math workbook is ideal for high school students between the ages of nine and 14. It includes a lot of basic to advanced concepts such as decimals, fractions, geometry, problem-solving, algebra, probability, measurement, and statistics. It teaches the definitions and gives examples to make learning easy.
11. Best Interactive: My Kindergarten Math Workbook by Keri Brown
Hundred interactive activities in one workbook can help your child learn math conveniently. It includes activities, games, and a lot more in an interesting way to teach the basic concepts of math. Your child can learn about time, weight, addition and subtraction, and much more. It is creatively designed with bright and colorful images to keep your kid engaged while they are solving problems.
12. Best Math Brain Teasers: The Everything Kids: Math Puzzles Book
The book says, don’t just learn, but also have fun. This mathematics workbook helps children to learn math concepts in an interactive way. It includes Roman numerals to decode messages, has riddles to teach division, and helps you to make number squares. So many activities can make math a favorite subject for many. It is an ideal activity book for children who are between seven and 12 years of age.
13. Best Entertaining: 1st Grade Jumbo Math Success Workbook by Sylvan Learning
The three-in-one math workbook is ideal for preschoolers and first-grade children. It includes 320 pages of math exercises along with puzzles, games, geometry, and shapes, making learning a pleasurable experience. The activity book teaches plenty of concepts, including numbers, place value, geometry, shapes, money, time, and a lot more. It includes colorful and attractive figures to keep the children focused and entertained.
14. Best For Seventh Graders: Do Not Open This Math Book by Danica McKellar and Maranda Maberry
The book is recommended for first to fourth-grade students. It teaches basic mathematics such as addition and subtraction in a fun way by involving elements such as googly eyes, kittens, muffins, sandwiches, and a lot more. Learning mathematics becomes easy with such a creative and attractive book that is available in both paperback and Kindle format.
15. Best To Learn Basic Math Concepts: Big Book Of Math Practice Problems by Stacy Otillio and Frank Otillio
The math workbook is made for preschoolers and first to third-grade students. It includes more than 4000 mathematics problems related to the addition and subtraction of two and three-digit numbers. The text or print is bold and clear and has spacing in between for children to work out their rough work. It can be a good choice to teach a kid who needs to learn basic math concepts.
How To Choose The Right Math Workbook?
Math workbooks are designed to match the varied needs of children. You need to look at some specifics before picking the right math workbook for your kid.
- Age: Books are designed for different age groups. There are books for kindergarten children, for preschoolers, and then for middle school and high school students. You need to read the cover of the book to know for which age group the workbook is.
- Concepts: While some children could be weak in basic concepts such as addition and subtraction, there could be a few who might be confused with time, money, and other concepts. Know where your child is weak and get a book that has those concepts.
- Interactive: Children may get bored easily, and so the workbooks should be interestingly designed to keep them engaged. Attractive figures, pop-ups, colorful graphics, stories in between, trivia, and some facts may keep the child entertained while learning math.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Wedetso Chirhah is an experienced researcher and writer who loves reviewing books for children. He brings you this well-researched list of the best math workbooks to help improve your child’s skills with numbers. Wedetso has included all the necessary information to help you pick the perfect book for your child. These math workbooks not only help improve children’s intellect but also make learning fun.
Instill a love of math in your children and make learning the subject fun for them by bringing home the best math workbooks. Besides learning math concepts such as addition and subtraction, your children can also improve their problem-solving and logical reasoning skills using these aids. Ensure each workbook you pick is age-appropriate and covers a specific topic. Moreover, pick one that is highly interactive and filled with vibrant visuals to engage your child.
- Best Books For 13 And 14-Year-Olds
- Best Story Books For Kids
- Magical Books Like Harry Potter For Kids
- Best Books For 9 And 10-Year-Olds