If your mattress is not making you want to stay in bed forever, then you probably need a new mattress! Given how you need the perfect bedding to rest on by the end of the day, a wrong mattress will end up tiring your body more than comforting it. Also, are you waking up due to discomfort in the middle of the night? If yes, then it is a sign you need to change the mattress ASAP! We mean, why gamble with your sleep when you can choose an option that’ll embrace your tiredness with warmth, comfort, and coziness?
However, before you move on to buy the best mattress in India, here are the types of mattresses you should know about:
Types of Mattresses In India
There are 7 types of mattresses available in India, and here’s a little more about them in brief:
- Coir Mattress: Pocket-friendly, eco-friendly, and made in India only, these mattresses are made of coconut coir. Though not as cozy as foam mattresses, they can be slightly uncomfortable for those who prefer soft and light bedding.
- Foam Mattress: Suffering from chronic backache? Foam mattresses could be an ideal choice for you because of their soft, cozy, and cushiony layers. Also, they do not trigger motion when somebody moves on the bed and has a long lifespan too.
- Latex Mattress: Available in different levels of firmness, these mattresses are made of latex (rubber material), polyfoam, and other raw materials. Ideal for heavy sleepers and those with back and shoulder pain, they are bouncy, regulate temperature, and also remember your posture after moving out of the bed.
- Memory Foam Mattress: Taking foam mattresses to the advanced level are memory foam mattresses that remember your pressure points and adapt to your body shape to give you the utmost comfort. Made of open-cell structure, they remember your pressure points even when you are not in bed.
- Rebounded Foam Mattress: Not a fan of coir mattresses? Then rebounded foam mattresses could be ideal substitutes. Made of scrap foam that is glued and compressed together, they provide comfort and warmth while being light on the pockets.
- Spring Mattress: A better version of the coir mattress considering they have springs, these mattresses are bouncy and trigger motion every time someone moves on the bed. Also, they are mostly used with mattress toppers to extend life span.
- Airbed or Air Mattress: Lastly, these inflatable mattresses that are becoming a fad amongst campers and travelers. Space-efficient and ideal for patients as well to prevent bedsores, these mattresses are also used to accommodate guests or as a water floater.
Now that you know about the types of mattresses; go shop for your comfort cocoon today! Here’s our list of 17 best mattresses in India that guarantee a good night’s sleep.
Read on to know more!
17 best mattresses in India
Are you waking up with sore rather than rested muscles? Then this technologically-tested memory foam mattress will be your ultimate comforter. Made of high-quality and breathable fabric that claims to adapt body shape instantly, its ultra-coziness may make you want to stay in bed all day long! Also, it is structured smartly with differential pressure zones that prevent blood clots and allow your body to rest and unwind comfortably.
- Medium-firm mattress
- Distributes body weight evenly
- Prevents restlessness and discomfort
- Aligns your spine and posture while you sleep
- Regulates body temperature and air circulation
- It may be too soft for those with chronic back pain.
- It may sink in, and getting out of bed might require efforts.
Unlike other orthopedic mattresses, this one is built with patented smart grid technology to provide 2 times more support and comfort. Also, are you suffering from back, shoulder, or spine discomfort? Then you’ll bless your stars for coming across this mattress for its plus-comfort experience is no less than a stressbuster. Relieving pain and letting your body relax and feel comforted with its high-quality quilted viscous cover, this mattress also claims to prevent sinking even after 10 years of usage! Now, why would you miss an experience so bliss?
- Hypoallergenic and non-toxic
- Provides utmost posture support
- Ensures high breathability and airflow
- Prevents sweating and reduces stress (even in summer!)
- Adapts to body shape and eases pressure points
- Made of food-grade material and hyper-elastic polymer
- Built-in 2500+ air channels regulate body heat and temperature.
- May not be easy to set up
- It may be too soft for those who prefer medium firmness.
What if we tell that this high-quality memory foam mattress has a therapeutic feel? Yes, with 2 inches of gel memory foam distributing body weight evenly, it also regulates body heat to keep you cozy all the time. And that’s not all; this mattress comes with a high-quality zipper cover made of GSM flexible fabric that provides an ultra-comfortable experience too. Want more? The base is anti-skid and keeps the memory foam mattress from shifting unnecessarily. Give it a try if you haven’t already!
- A non-toxic, sturdy, and durable mattress
- Orthopedic and infused with high-density foam
- Guarantees no motion transfer and undisturbed sleep
- Keeps your natural alignment intact and relieves stress
- The two-part zipper ensures easy removal and cleaning.
- May be too soft for those with chronic back or neck pain
- Not recommended for non-air-conditioned rooms
Here’s a mattress that’ll have your back all the time! Made of premium-quality rebounded and memory foam, you can rule out discomfort with this mattress on your bed. Also, are you tossing and turning throughout the night? Not with Sleepx Ortho Mattress, for it promises optimum comfort and support to your entire body. Claiming to provide long-lasting relief and easy airflow through its aero firm bottom, you can say goodbye to catnaps forever with this dual-foam mattress.
- 5-layer foam design
- Structured with advanced sleep technology
- Delivers a plush and luxurious feel
- Regulates air circulation and body heat
- Relieves pain and eases pressure points
- Adjusts as per the body alignment for optimum comfort
- Easy to assemble and germ-free with neem technology
Your mattress can’t get dreamier than this one! Structured with innerspring technology that ensures high durability and optimum support for the back, get ready to dream on and sleep tight with this one. Also, not for once, let the spring base make you think the mattress is stiff, as the top quilt layer has soft foam to provide the utmost comfort that you deserve at the end of the day! Still, want to give it a miss?
- Easy to assemble and lightweight
- Made of high carbon and anti-corrosive wires
- Features Bonnel spring construction
- Enhances and regulates airflow
- Ensures no discomfort such as tossing or turning
- The edge support system prevents roll-off and sagging.
- Exhibits motion transfer
- Not recommended if you prefer an ultra-soft mattress
Whether you are a back, stomach, or side sleeper, Emma Original Mattress will adapt your body shape to deliver one thing— a good night’s sleep! With 3 layers and 7 zones structure, it promises to give your body the support it requires to stay aligned and comforted at the same time. Insulated with a memory foam (visco-elastic), breathable layer, and durable polyur, one can simply conclude that this mattress is made to comfort you and your spine all night long. Ache-free mornings, anyone?
- Medium-firm mattress
- Guarantees optimum spinal support
- Sturdy and distributes pressure evenly
- The outer cover is removable and machine-washable.
- The highly breathable top cover regulates ideal air circulation.
What’s special about Dreamzee? It’s a reversible mattress, thus giving you the freedom to choose the side that comforts you the most. With a soft top and medium-firm base, this memory and soft-foam mattress scream luxury on all sides. Speaking of its plush material, its cushiony layer also eases pressure points and adapts to your body shape quickly to maximize comfort. Made of high-quality, breathable, and quilted GSM, this mattress also claims to add a premium touch to your bedroom décor. Grab it ASAP!
- Advanced dual comfort mattress
- Delivers a royal and luxurious feel
- Redistributes body weight and ensures no motion transfer
- Balances out softness and stiffness for utmost comfort
- Enhances sleep quality with optimum head-to-toe support
- Ideal for those with back, neck, shoulder, and spine discomfort
- The high resilience foam base ensures high durability.
- Not ideal if you prefer a soft mattress
Wake up feeling fresh and recharged with Peps’ dark blue mattress! Giving your back optimum support with its rigid yet flexible core construction of Bonnel spring, it also keeps the mattress from de-shaping over time. And as far as comfort is concerned, the PU topper is ultra-soft yet durable enough to stay as good as new for a long time. Also, to make the experience all the more convenient for you, the mattress is super easy to assemble. A great option to gift your li’l one, right?
- Reversible mattress
- Advanced engineered construction
- Ensures flexible yet firm support
- Durable, sturdy, and long-lasting
- Spring lock technology prevents breakage or displacement
- The corner springs prevent sagging.
- Exhibits motion transfer
- The base may skid or slip when sitting in one corner.
Good for your spine, skin, and sleep, here’s a mattress that’ll make you want to go to bed ASAP! Being India’s first ergonomic mattress, it has a soft top layer infused with white gel micro-capsules and a stiffer base insulated with responsive foam for optimum comfort and support. It also claims to reduce tossing and turning up to 80%! But what really makes it different from others is the 3D airflow technology that absorbs heat from the body, thus giving you a cool and cozy feeling at the same time. And as for the skin, get ready to glow every morning because the zipper cover is infused with aloe vera gel to give you a relaxing experience with every use. Don’t miss it!
- Reversible memory foam mattress
- 4 times slower regain power
- Sturdy, durable, and long-lasting
- Guarantees unparalleled support to the back
- Designed accurately to respond to pressure
- The aloe vera gel protects the mattress from daily wear and tear.
- Not ideal for those with chronic back and neck pain
Are you waking up every time your partner tosses and turns? Then Comforto Pocket Spring Mattress is a must-try for you, for it guarantees minimal disturbance with its pocketed spring technology. Durable, sturdy, and with each spring tested with heat tempering technique, it also distributes body weight evenly to prevent discomfort. And considering how a mattress should be neither too soft nor hard, this mattress nails the balance with its luxurious and premium quilted fabric. Try it!
- A brand with 35 years of experience
- Smooth and soft mattress cover
- Provides the utmost support to the spine
- Ensure easy airflow and high breathability
- Not recommended for non-AC rooms
Quality is a crucial factor when it comes to buying a mattress, and guaranteeing peak premium-quality is Solimo! With every mattress tested for durability and foam sagging through 60k cycles, it assures long-lasting sturdiness and a comfortable experience with every use. Besides this, it also eases pressure points by adapting to body shape instantly. Also, the high-density foam at the base tackles pressure, thus letting the body rest in a natural position all the time. Now, is your mattress as good as this one?
- Medium-firm mattress
- Provides superior spine support
- Enhances sleep quality and comfort
- Guarantees minimal partner disturbance
- Anti-skid, lightweight, and ensures even weight distribution
- The mattress cover is made of soft, breathable, and knitted GSM fabric.
- Not ideal for those with chronic back and spine problems
- It may sink in.
More like sleeping on a floating cloud! This white memory foam mattress with pressure-relieving memory, balances firmness and softness with its high-density foam structure. With the high-quality and breathable GSM fabric allowing effortless airflow and an ultra-cozy vibe, don’t blame us if waking up gets tougher every morning! Besides this, the brand ensures easy assembly, and the top cover is removable and washable too. Sleepyheads, ready to nap with the best?
- Guarantees right level of firmness
- Minimizes partner disturbance
- 3-layers of foam density provides optimum support and comfort
- Ideal for orthopedic support and back problems
- It may not absorb or counter heat while sleeping.
Are you looking for a mattress for kids? Or an option that requires minimum maintenance? Then Sleepwell Foam Mattress would be a great choice! Considering how white mattresses have a risk of staining or soiling, this colorful mattress will not only reduce these worries but also guarantees an ultra-cozy experience forever. With a super-soft top quilt helping your body relax and feel comforted, get ready to drift into your dreamy world instantly with this ultra-comfy foam mattress.
- Ultra-firm mattress
- Lightweight, sturdy, and durable
- Guarantees optimum support to the spine
- The zipper cover is removable and washable.
- Not recommended if you prefer soft mattresses
This mattress claims to double up as a posture corrector! Yes, Extra Sleep Mattress made of natural rubberized coir provides complete support to the back and comforts with its plush cotton fabric on the top. Offering an ideal combo of stiffness and softness, you can rest in your natural posture without feeling uncomfortable on this mattress. Besides this, the PU foam layer ensures the base is durable and keeps the structure stable and supported for a long time. Who’s up for some extra sleep time now?
- Highly-breathable and lightweight mattress
- Regulates temperature of body and mattress
- Made of authentic material for longevity
- Safe and suitable for orthopedic support
- The base is not anti-skid.
Gift your family an ultra-comfy bed to sleep on! Insulated with heavy-gauge pocketed springs made of tempered steel, this mattress claims to last for generations in your family. Strong enough to support all kinds of pressures, whether you are sitting or lying down, it tackles pressure from all sides to give your body a natural alignment. And other than being sturdy, its ultra-luxurious top layer ensures a royal feeling, so you can cozy and curl up into bed as long as you want. Try it!
- Suitable for orthopedic care
- Ideal and comfortable for all types of sleepers
- Ensures high breathability and enhances sleep quality
- Sag-resistant, durable, and minimized partner disturbance
- The top cover is anti-microbial and fights allergens and mites.
- The springs may be slightly noisy.
Stomach sleepers, here’s one for you all! Insulated with high-density foam to tackle pressure from the bottom, this mattress is structured to ease all your pressure points and muscle aches while you rest. Also, besides being super cozy and comfortable, it is a highly versatile mattress as you can use both sides freely as per your comfort needs. And are you suffering from neck, lower back, or shoulder aches? Then you’ll love this mattress even more, for it ensures to alleviate stress and provide pain-free sleep always! Try it to witness the difference.
- Highly durable and stable mattress
- Provides optimum spine support with a firm base foam
- Ensures high breathability and regulates body temperature
- Enhances sleep quality with the utmost comfort
- The top cover is premium and made of quilted cotton.
- It may sink in.
Lastly, are you looking for a portable mattress? Then this option by True Value Pure Foam Mattress is ideal for it is lightweight and foldable! Made of soft foam material on top and PU foam at the bottom to create the right platform to rest on comfortably, its top quilted layer also makes sure your body stays cool and cozy all night long! Want more? It’s reversible!
- Suitable for all types of sleepers
- Stable, durable, and long-lasting mattress
- Allows effortless airflow and high breathability
- Aligns the spine in position and provides optimum comfort
- Too soft
There you go! Those were the 17 best mattresses in India that guarantee a good night’s and comfortable sleep for all. Do you need more assistance with choosing the right mattress in India or how to maintain it? Read our buying guide below.
How To Choose The Right Mattress In India?
Here are some features you must look out for:
- Material: Material is what makes your mattress cozy and comfortable. So, choose a material or insulation layer that best suits your comfort, economical, or orthopedic needs (if any).
- Firmness: Some like their mattresses to be firm, while others prefer springy or soft ones. So, inspect the mattress depending on your comfort and spine support before purchasing, or you’ll end with a disappointing one.
- Durability: To ensure your mattress is durable and strong, check the base material before buying. Considering how PU foam is the most stable and flexible base to opt for, it also tackles pressure from above to help your body rest in its natural alignment.
- Cover Fabric: No matter how firm your mattress is, if your cover fabric is soft, it’s a win-win. With the firm base ensuring your back gets optimum support, the soft top cover will keep you warm, cozy, and comforted all the time.
- Versatility: Ideally, one should choose a mattress that offers versatile features such as reverse usage, minimal partner disturbance, temperature regulation, and more for the best experience.
How Do You Clean A Mattress?
Cleaning a mattress at least once every 6 months is ideal considering how pollutants, dust, sweat, and allergens can spoil the fabric in the long run. Here are simple steps for you:
- Firstly, remove all the linens and bedsheets and machine-wash them.
- Next, you can either use a vacuum cleaner for intense dusting or use baking soda to disinfect the mattress.
- With baking soda, you must scrub the mattress intensely and let the solution sit on for 10 minutes before using a vacuum cleaner to clean it, or you can clean it with a damp cloth too.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How frequently should I wash my mattress?
Although mattresses do not require frequent cleaning, you should wash it at least once every six months, or in case it is stained or spoiled.
2. Is my mattress causing back pain?
A wrong mattress can aggravate or cause back pain, which is why you need to check the level of firmness before purchasing a mattress. Also, if you have chronic back issues, then you must consult a doctor before buying a mattress.
Now sleepyheads, are you ready to say goodbye to grumpy mornings? With every mattress on our list promising to fill your nights with the utmost warmth, comfort, and coziness, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t get one this 2021! And given how a mattress can make or break your sleep, we hope you find the one that you are looking for on our list. Hurry, get the best mattress in India today!