There are days when we wake up on the wrong side of the bed, and unfortunately, it sets the tone for how our day will be. We are cranky, fussy, everything appears amiss, and our anger seems misplaced. With an ill-designed mattress, we wake up on the wrong side every day. Health professionals often stress how important a good night’s sleep is for our mental, physical, and emotional well-being. It’s a good way to burn calories, it helps us de-stress, and most importantly, it lifts our moods while relieving pain.
If you are a side sleeper, this list of the 13 best mattress toppers for side sleepers will be handy. Why don’t you take a look?
Top Products From Our List
13 Best Mattress Toppers For Side Sleepers In 2021
Arguably the best mattress topper for side sleepers with lower back pain, this king-sized mattress topper will give you the best night’s sleep. As soon as you lie down, you will experience comfort like never before as it features 2 inches of quilted fiber filling and 2 inches of gel memory foam for all-over back support. The cooling gel in the memory foam ensures that the mattress topper stays cool throughout the night.
- 4-inch mattress
- Ideal for back or stomach sleeper too
- Removable, machine-washable cover
- Easy “box to bed” set up
- 10-year warranty
- The washable cover is not up to the mark.
- If there is a pressed spot on the topper, it takes a long time to go back to its original shape.
Dream happy dreams and wake up feeling refreshed every morning with a little help from this perfect topper for people with back and hip pain. Why should you choose a mattress topper such as this? For starters, the memory foam is infused with an advanced cooling gel that captures heat and distributes it evenly for a good night’s sleep. The contouring memory foam also mirrors the shape of your spine to reduce pain. The foam also features a ventilated design that allows superior air circulation.
- 4-inch gel memory foam
- Certified flexible polyurethane foam
- Therapeutic qualities
- Certified frustration-free
- The new foam smell tends to linger.
- After extended use, it may develop tiny tears on the sides.
Are you always complaining about hip pain, and anything you do to fix it just seems to make it worse? If you are looking for the best mattress topper for side sleepers with hip pain, you need not look any further. It is designed with HNN-technology, which allows better airflow and makes it super breathable. The topper is made with 300TC combed cotton on the top and never-tearing, tough material on the underside. It is filled with snow down alternative fill, a fiberfill that offers the feel of goose down without the feathers.
- Doesn’t cause heating or sweating
- Liquids less than 200 ml will not soak
- Fits mattresses up to 21 inches
- It is not waterproof.
- After washing, it has to be air-dried for a long time to return to its original fluffiness.
This topper is a great mattress topper for side sleepers who often face problems like back and shoulder pain. It gives your limp mattress a new life with 2 inches of plush memory foam that contours to your body’s shape while you sleep. It features temperature-regulating gel beads that prevent overheating and keeps you cool throughout the night. This memory foam topper also has hundreds of ventilation holes for better airflow.
- Doesn’t overheat
- Evenly distributed ventilation holes
- Available in 3 inches also
- It may not be ideal for a heavy-built person as it tends to sink in.
Don’t you just hate it when your mattress topper moves around in the middle of the night and wakes you up from a deep slumber? With this mattress, you can rest assured that it will stay in place while providing excellent support. It has been scientifically tested to gauge balance and comfort and improves airflow. The gel-infused memory foam features a mesh cover for superior breathability and hugs your body’s curves to alleviate pain.
- 3-inch high-density memory foam
- Weight is distributed evenly to prevent sinking.
- No-slip strap attached to the mattress topper.
- Removable and washable bamboo rayon cover.
- The “new mattress topper” smell may last a long time.
If you are looking for a mattress topper that will respond and adapt to your body’s curves, angles, weight, shape, and temperature, you need not look any further than this. By adding this extra layer of comfort, you can transform any bed into a bed of your dreams. The 3-inch memory foam topper is designed with pain and pressure-relieving properties.
- Medium to firm feel mattress topper
- Removable, washable cover
- Conforms to your body
- Doesn’t sink in
- Some may find it extremely heavy.
One of the best bed toppers for side sleepers, this one will not only appeal to comfort levels but also excite your olfactory senses. The topper is infused with lavender as it is known to be a natural remedy to relieve anxiety. This 3-inch memory foam features a responsive active suspension, which detects and contains any movement so that a person sleeping next to you will never feel the topper move.
- Egg-crate bed topper
- Herbal infusion for better sleep
- Reduces pain in pressure points
- Hugs the shape of your body
- Easy to set up
- The lavender scent may be overwhelming for some.
- It tends to heat up during the night.
Are you waking up with terrible back pains every day but can’t place a finger on what might be causing it? It’s probably your mattress that’s making you feel all sorts of stiff and tired. What you need is some extra cushioning on your mattress. This cooling mattress topper is skin-friendly and absorbs moisture to keep you cool through the night.
- 3D snow down alternative fill
- 400TC combed top surface for proper ventilation
- Machine washable
- Doesn’t shrink
- Some may not find it thick enough.
Sleep peacefully like a baby on this 2-in-1 mattress topper that is ideal for both summer and winter. It features a cool side filled with 3D snow down alternative and designed with HNN cooling fiber technology to let air pass freely. The warm side is made of a durable polyester Sherpa material, which keeps bed bugs and termites at bay.
- 100% breathable cooling fiber
- Machine washable
- Reversible mattress top
- Made with 400TC organic certified cotton
- It is not ideal for those who are looking for a very firm mattress topper.
Do you know why egg crate mattress toppers are quickly being popular? Not only is it lightweight and durable, but it is incredibly comfortable too. For overall comfort, choose this topper as it is made with a thick 100% gel memory foam. It contours to your body to reduce pain and prevents soreness in pressure points and other areas like your hips, back, and shoulders.
- Open-cell technology that regulates temperature
- 2-inch topper
- Certified non-toxic foam
- Lifts areas of lesser contact to help your posture
- Not heavy
- Body movements may feel a little rigid in this mattress topper.
Do you wish you could sleep on a cloud every night? Your dreams can turn into a reality if you get home this gel fusion mattress topper. Watch your troubles, stress, anxiety, and pain melt away as you lay on this 2-inch memory foam topper. It comes with a premium textile stretch knit cover, which feels soft against your skin. If you go one step further and throw in the right pillow, you’ll be sleeping like a king every day.
- Gel technology for temperature-regulated sleep
- Strong fibers to clean tough spots
- Responsive foam
- Low volatile organic compounds
- It takes a lot of time to rise upon unpackaging.
You may have a decent mattress, but problems like hip and back pain could be a recurring nuisance without proper support. That is why you need to invest in a good topper like this one. This cooling mattress topper is reversible and reveals a soft microfiber side. The overfilled down alternative makes it super plush, and it features extra-deep pockets so that you can sleep the night away without twisting or turning.
- Soft velvet top
- 400TC 100% cotton top
- It tends to get warm quickly.
This mattress topper targets the 7 main pressure points to alleviate pain by keeping the spine in a neutral position. It is made of aviation-grade material and offers a cooling sensation from the inside-out. Although this memory foam mattress topper contours to your body’s angles and curves, it bounces back in 45 seconds.
- High-density foam
- Premium-knit cover
- Washable cover with zipper
The “new mattress topper” odor takes a lot of time to fade away.
Finding the best topper for side sleepers may not be an easy task, but the following pointers could make your job easier in finding the best option.
A Helpful Buying Guide For The Best Mattress Toppers For Side Sleepers
How To Choose The Best Mattress Topper For Side Sleepers
Here are a few factors to consider when choosing a mattress topper:
As you will be using the topper every night, make sure that you invest in a material that will not let you down. Memory foam toppers, egg crate toppers, and gel-infused toppers are some of the best materials.
Our back, shoulders, and hips start aching when we are not sleeping well. To avoid this pain or alleviate it, look for a mattress topper that is not too thin nor too thick. A topper, which is 2-4 inches high, is a good height to settle on.
3. Cooling technology
Some toppers are accused of heating up during the night and making the sleeper restless and fidgety. Choose a gel-infused topper with a good ventilation system or superior airflow to ensure that the mattress stays cool throughout the night.
Almost all new mattresses give off an unpleasant odor soon after it is unpackaged. After 48-72 hours, the smell will dissipate. If it doesn’t, contact the seller or manufacturer immediately, as there may be something faulty with the mattress.
Benefits And Drawbacks Of Mattress Toppers For Side Sleepers
- It conforms to the shape of your body to put your spine in a neutral position. This, in turn, helps relieve stress and pain.
- It doesn’t sink in and bounces back to the original form.
- It lasts for a long time.
- It’s easy to clean.
- Most toppers are made with skin-friendly materials.
- It keeps the bed bugs and termites away.
- They may look like they are quite lightweight, but some toppers are quite heavy.
- If the topper doesn’t feature gel-fusion technology, it gets incredibly warm.
- It is not waterproof.
- They are expensive.
- The strong odor tends to linger.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best mattress topper for side sleepers with lower back and hip pain?
The Sleep Innovations Enhanced Support King Size Gel Memory Foam is the most-rated and well-reviewed mattress on Amazon.
Which is the best mattress topper that helps relieve any pressure points?
The Lucid Gel Memory Foam Mattress is also a well-rated mattress topper and is suitable for dealing with pressure points.
What material are most mattress toppers made of?
They are commonly made of synthetic materials like fiberfill and memory foam. However, some are made of organic wool and cotton.
How to clean a mattress topper?
Most mattress toppers are washing-machine safe. However, each mattress is different and might require different settings on the machine. The best way to go about this is to follow the instructions given in the label.
After a long and tiring day, all we want to do is lie down and sleep peacefully. But because of ill-designed mattresses that we had the misfortune of buying, we toss around in our sleep and wake up with a stiff body and pain in our back, shoulders, and hip. However, all of that can change in an instant forever. All you need is an excellent mattress topper to fix these problems.