Your love for lovely mauve-tinted lips can be satisfied by wearing the best mauve lipsticks. Bright shades like red and hot pink might not suit every occasion. Hence, we bring you softer shades like mauve in our post. These add charm and elegance to your look, and you may wear them to any formal or informal occasion. Mauve is one of the most popular amongst softer shades, as many women consider it the new nude. So, if you plan to add a mauve shade to your existing collection or test it for the first time, take a look at our list of the most trending mauve lipsticks with positive reviews to make an informed choice.
11 Best Mauve Lipsticks
1. Best For All Skin Tones: Maybelline New York Color Sensational Made for All Lipstick
When you are unsure of a lip shade that will complement your skin tone perfectly, you may rely on this Satin Mauve Lipstick by Mabelline. The subtle color offers you the desired outcome that you deserve and helps you appear attractive yet sober. You may pair it with elegantly-done smoky eyes. It is a beautiful wearable shade created after it has been tested on 50 different skin tones. Check this video to learn more about the tester’s experience about the product.
- Shade has been developed to suit diverse skin tones
- Collection highlights satin and matte finishes
- Showcases universal shades, ranging from nude to plum
- Easy to apply
- May dry your lips earlier than expected
- May be slightly darker
"No matter the occasion, this is my staple for long-lasting wear. Its creamy formulation and staying power make it a worthy consideration."
2. Best Long-Lasting: Maybelline New York Superstay 24 2-step liquid lipstick makeup, Frosted Mauve
The long-lasting Frosted Mauve New York Superstay lipstick gives you a flattering appearance. It offers you an effective pigmented color in just a single swipe. The tried-and-tested lipstick does not dry out your lips as it is filled with a strong-conditioning balm that helps lock the lip’s moisture. The color stays fresh for almost 24 hours.
- Microflex technology helps in keeping the lip color fresh for long hours
- Available in 24 different shades
- Helps in moisturizing your lips
- Long-lasting color
- Encourages effortless removal
- May not stain evenly
"The color range of this lipstick blows my mind; I'm particularly fond of the Frosted Mauve shade. The applicator's unique gloss end effortlessly mitigates the dryness without feeling heavy. But yes, applying it to achieve precision is a meticulous job."
3. Best Hydrating: L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Lipcolour, Saucy Mauve
You may end your search for a top mauve lipstick with the L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Lipcolour, Saucy Mauve. It offers effective hydration to prevent your lips from drying and cracking. The professional-grade lip color gives your lips a touch of softness. Pair this dusty magenta lip shade with a mauve lip liner to give a perfect touch to your lips and define your beauty.
- Available in 28 gorgeous colors
- Helps in keeping your lips soft and smooth
- Keeps your lips hydrated
- Includes key ingredients such as vitamin E, Argon oil, and Omega 3 for beautiful lips
- May be fragile
"I cherish this lipstick mainly because of its hydrating, creamy formula that keeps my lips moist throughout the day without emphasizing the lines. The vibrant hues are also a plus, complementing my diverse looks on different occasions."
Maybelline New York Color Sensational Made for All Lipstick
Best For All Skin Tones
Maybelline New York Superstay 24 2-step liquid lipstick makeup Frosted Mauve
L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Lipcolour Saucy Mauve
|MAUVE FOR ME
|300 FROSTED MAUVE
|0.94 x 0.94 x 2.99 inches
|0.79 x 0.79 x 5.2 inches
|3.05 x 0.8 x 0.75 inches
4. Best Texture: Maybelline New York Color Sensational Nude Lipstick, On The Mauve
If you desire a crisp dusty mauve color that offers a smooth touch to your lips, you may go for this tested lipstick. The plum-toned lib hue gives you a classy appearance. With a single swipe, the lip color goes opaque on the lips. It is available in various hues to suit your skin tone.
- Infused with shea butter to give you soft lips
- Highly pigmented lip color
- Includes healthy ingredients for proven efficacy
- Available in various shades to flatter your skin tone
- Infused with 60% reflective oils for intense shine and hydrating finish
- May have a short-lasting power
- May find it less creamy and smooth
"As a loyal user of Maybelline lipsticks, I can attest to this lipstick's remarkable staying power. Its rich, creamy formula doesn't let my lips dry."
5. Best For Daytime: COVERGIRL Exhibitionist Lipstick Cream, Romance Mauve 265
This Covergirl Exhibitionist Lipstick Cream helps in giving your lips a creamy feel as it contains the goodness of shea butter. It is available in several shades that you can wear any time during the entire day. This dark mauve lipstick also saturates your lips with adequate moisture. Check out the review video to learn more about this lavender-pink lipstick.
- Contains active ingredients that help in keeping your lips soft and hydrated
- Conditions your lips as a result of its luscious moisturizing formula
- Available in several shades to give you the appearance that you are looking for
- Not tested on animals
- Smell may not be as expected
"Whenever I have to pick the right lipstick to go with my seasonal outfits, I always reach out for this one. It has a subtle, creamy texture that feels quite right on my lips. Plus, it has a sweet, pleasant scent."
6. Best Pigmented: Maybelline New York Color Sensational Nude Lipstick Matte Lipstick, Mauve It
This dermatologist-tested mauve lipstick by Maybelline is available in a vast collection of pigment-loaded shades. With several positive reviews, the highly pigmented and moisturizing lipstick does not leave your lips dry. Just one swipe of this rosy mauve lip tint and your lips can look plump and healthy.
- Available in 29 shades
- Contains active ingredients that offer a soothing effect to your lips
- Presence of sumptuous honey nectar gives your lips a creamy finish
- Has been tested to prevent any allergy to your lips
- May be a little darker than expected
- May be a bit tough to apply
"The flattering shades, particularly the Mauve IT, are worth rooting for. It goes with my outfits as both daily and party wear. Also, its creamy, pigmented formula makes the application a breeze."
7. Best Versatile: Covergirl Continuous Color Lipstick Midnight Mauve
The Covergirl Continuous Color Lipstick Midnight Mauve is versatile and looks flattering on various skin tones. With high positive reviews, the product claims to offer your lips with six hours of moisture. It contains vitamins E and A that help cure any harm that colors may pose to your delicate skin.
- Available in 11 unique shades to complement your every look and mood
- Helps in locking the moisture of your soft lips, thus keeping them healthy
- Does not feel sticky after application
- No animal testing
- May give your lips an odd sour smell
"I enjoy wearing this lipstick for its creamy, shimmery effect that enhances the lips beautifully without being too loud. It offers a subtle allure to my skin tone and is a comfortable choice for my everyday natural look."
8. Best Lightweight: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick with Vitamin E and Avocado Oil
This super creamy lipstick by Revlon makes effective use of microfine pigments to ensure that the shades remain vibrant. It offers comfort to your lips as a result of its non-caking and lightweight formula. Ideal for a creamy lipstick lover, the shades of the lip color range from nude, pink, brown, coral, and purple. Take a look at this reviewer’s video to get more information on the pastel purple lip stain.
- Available in four finishes, namely cream, sheer, pearl, and matte
- Filled with vitamin E and avocado oil for effective moisturization
- Available in 22 different shades
- Easy to apply bullet lipstick
- May feel flaky after application
"I always enjoy wearing this lipstick for its moisturizing effect, making my lips feel comfortable without drying. I suggest keeping it handy in the purse for a slight touch-up after a meal."
9. Best Hypoallergenic:Ecco Bella Plant-Based Vegan Lipstick, Mauve Rose
The plant-based lipstick by Ecco Bella is formulated with a blend of vegetable waxes, mineral pigments, and oils to deliver a creamy consistency and easy glide. Additionally, its fragrance-free and hypoallergenic formula makes this lipstick suitable for people with sensitive skin. Moreover, this smudge- and water-resistant orchid-pink lip pigment provides long-lasting wear and nourishes and hydrates the lips, offering visible results.
- Made in a cruelty-free manner
- Infused with test natural ingredients
- Chap-and flake-free formula provides a smooth finish
- Free of harmful substances such as parabens, dyes, and gluten
- Shade may be lighter than expected
- Texture may be a bit hard for some
10. Best For Matte Lip Finish:L’Oreal Paris Cosmetics Colour Riche Ultra Matte Highly Pigmented Nude Lipstick
The celebrity-endorsed lipstick color by L’Oreal offers fabulous pigmentation and does not dry out your lips. In just one swipe, it gives you a super matte finish, making it ideal for everyday wear. The soft-plum lip hue has a long-lasting color payoff, and the nude lipstick shade helps boost the natural color of your lips.
- Matte formula infused with Jojoba oil for effective hydration
- Gives your lips a comfortable and lightweight feel
- Available in 16 nude shades to suit different skin tones and lip tones
- Blur the imperfections and fills up the lines for an even looking lips
- Shades may be slightly darker
"I just can't get enough of L'Oreal Paris's Bold Mauve shade. It's stunning yet has a natural, matte finish and feels lighter than my usual lipsticks. I always carry it along for a quick touch-up as it tends to transfer a bit with eating or drinking."
11. Best For Minimal Makeup:Milani Color Statement Lipstick – Uptown Mauve
This gorgeous color in the form of Uptown Mauve lipstick by Mailani will definitely help you make a strong style statement. The cruelty-free lipstick is available in 40 different shades to complement your every mood. The professional-grade purple-tinged lip stain can work wonders on your face with its color payoff even with minimal makeup.
- Available in 40 different hues
- Infused with essential nourishing vitamins such as vitamin A and vitamin C
- Effectively covers the flaws of your lips
- Has great staying power
- Lipstick may cause dryness to your lips
- May be slightly thick in consistency
"No dryness, no transferring—this lipstick stays put from day to night. It has a smooth, comfortable feel, and the scent is pleasant."
How To Choose Mauve Lipsticks?
A lipstick can make a dramatic difference to the overall features of your face. However, you must remember that a poorly-selected shade of lipstick color can mar your entire appearance. This is why it is important to select a makeup artist-approved shade that suits your skin undertone and personality.
Women should also be able to determine their skin undertone so that they can select the correct lip color for their lips. There are three types of undertones, namely cool, warm, and neutral.
- Cool undertones: For fair or light skin, opt for nude or mocha. For medium skin, cranberry or pink shades are ideal. For tan or deep skin, wine and ruby colors are perfect.
- Warm undertones: For light or fair skin tone, opt for light pink or peach nude shades. For medium, deep, tan, or olive skin tone, choose bronze or copper.
- Neutral: There is a vast range of shades, including both warm and cool tones. Peach, Pure Red and brown are universal colors (they suit everyone).
Paula Navarro, a professional makeup artist, says, “Moisturize your lips using a lip balm and then apply lip liner as a base before applying lipstick to get a better result and vibrancy. The lip balm can also prevent your lips from feeling too flaky or dry.”
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is mauve lipstick warm or cool?
Since mauve lipsticks have blue, pink, and purple undertones, they are considered cool-toned lipsticks.
2. Can people with fair skin wear mauve lipstick?
Yes, people with a fair skin tone can wear mauve lipstick with pink undertones. You can also enhance your look by pairing this lipstick with appropriate eye makeup. For instance, brown eye makeup will look beautiful with a mauve lip color.
3. Does mauve lipstick look good on people with olive skin?
Since people with olive skin have neutral and warm undertones, mauve lipsticks with blue or purple undertones will look stunning on them.
4. What is the mauve shade of lipstick?
Mauve is basically a lighter shade of purple with hints of blue and pink in it. They look good on almost all skin tones. However, it is best suited for people with medium skin tones.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Poulami Nag is a makeup and beauty product writer and reviewer who carefully researches products to ensure readers receive the best buying advice. She has put together the best mauve lipsticks for days when you need to stray away from your regular red lipstick. From creamy and matte textures to satin finishes, you will find a variety of long-lasting, vibrant mauve color lipsticks to choose from.
Buying the best mauve lipsticks for your skin tone helps you have a beautiful and elegant look. These beautiful lipsticks are non-toxic, enhance confidence, and elevate your looks. You may choose bold metallic or glossy color shades to define your style statement. Tinted or satin ones can be suitable for women who prefer less bold shades. Choose the ones that complement your outfit and overall makeup. You may also use them on various occasions. We like the highly pigmented and moisturizing Maybelline New York Color Sensational Made For All Lipstick and the L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Lipcolor, which is hydrating and softening. You may also try the Milani Color Statement Lipstick, which is long-lasting. So check out the reviews and take your pick!
Infographic: How To Prevent Lipsticks From Drying Your Lips?
Applying lipstick daily, especially matte and liquid formulations, can eventually leave lips dry due to chemicals. However, by observing certain precautionary steps before and during the lipstick application process, you can help preserve the moisture of your tender lips. Please refer to the infographic below for insights into these lip care rituals.