Cooking meat is not easy. You need exceptional culinary skills to make the meat tender and juicy and ensure it’s delicious. However, with the best meat tenderizers in your kitchen, you can achieve all these.
Whether you are cooking chicken, steak, or fish, the meat has to be tender and succulent. This is where a meat tenderizer comes into play. It helps you achieve the required taste and softness, enhancing your cooking experience. Here’s a list of some of the best ones you can find online.
Our Top Picks
Types Of Meat Tenderizers
Meat tenderizers are of three types.
1. Mallet meat tenderizers: These are made of high-quality materials, such as aluminum or stainless steel, and have a textured head with a long handle. They resemble a hammer and can quickly flatten meat.
2. Blade tenderizers: These plastic handheld devices have a dozen stainless steel blades that can quickly puncture meat into pieces. These tools are user-friendly.
3. Powered tenderizers: These are seasoning-based tenderizers sprinkled over meat. They use salt and other active enzymes to quickly break down meat’s tough fibers.
Benefits Of Using Meat Tenderizers
Here’s a list of benefits of using meat tenderizers.
1. Quick cooking: Meat tenderizers can break down meat fiber, making it easier and quicker for you to prepare various meat dishes. The heat can move through the cuts of meat quickly.
2. Even cooking: Several meat tenderizers have blades of varying thickness, allowing you to make deep, balanced cuts in a slab of meat. It helps you cook the meat evenly without any raw spots.
3. Juicy flavor: Tenderizing the meat before cooking helps it absorb spices and flavors better, making the dish more juicy and flavorful.
4. Softer meat: A mallet-like meat tenderizer can soften even the toughest of meat. It makes it easier for you to chew and digest the meat.
11 Best Meat Tenderizers
1. Best Versatile: KitchenAid Gourmet Meat Tenderizer
The KitchenAid gourmet meat tenderizer has a textured side surface for versatile use. The opposite side of the kitchen tool is smooth and ensures quick pounding and flattening of meat. The device is made of high-quality aluminum and is lightweight and long-lasting. A hole in the center of the handle allows you to hang the meat hammer anywhere for convenient storage.
- Comes with a one-year warranty
- Ergonomic design
- Hassle-free maintenance
- Not compatible with dishwasher
2. Best Double-Edged: Jaccard 48-Blade Meat Tenderizer
Jaccard offers a double-edged sharp, mechanical meat tenderizer made of white ABS plastic. It has stainless steel blades that can effortlessly cut through the center of the meat. The use of this kitchen gadget will save you up to 40% of your cooking time. You can use this product to enhance a wide range of meats and improve their flavor and taste.
- Apt for meat meant for marinating
- Ensures uniform thickness
- Faster penetration
- Sturdy built
- Blades might stick to the meat
3. Best Comfortable Grip: New Oxo Good Grips Meat Tenderizer
This two-in-one kitchen tool, made of food-grade quality ABS plastic, allows you to pound and tenderize the meat effectively. It will enable you to cook meat with the best flavor and taste in a short time. The tool tenderizes meat quickly thanks to its pyramid-shaped teeth on the textured side. Its slip-free handle provides a comfortable grip and provides enhanced protection. The meat tenderizer is dishwasher-friendly.
- Sturdy grip
- Easy to clean
- A bit small in size
4. Best Heavy-Duty: Norpro Meat Tenderizer
The Norpro meat tenderizer is a heavy-duty tool with a spring-action mechanism that controls all the action. This kitchen gadget dramatically improves the texture and flavor of meat and other poultry products. With 24 stainless steel prongs, this meat tenderizer effortlessly breaks down the tough meat fibers. The device is ideal for hand-washing.
- Comfortable grip handle
- Easy to use
- Robust built
- Might be difficult to clean
5. Best Mallet-Style: Meat Tenderizer Hammer By JY Cookment
The meat tenderizer hammer is a double-side, mallet-style tool suitable for professional and personal use. The tool’s flat side is ideal for pounding, while the textured side is appropriate for tenderizing meat. This kitchen gadget’s ergonomic design makes it simple to use and control. This premium-quality stainless steel meat tenderizer is also very simple to clean and dishwasher-safe.
- Reduced cooking time
- 100% food-grade
- Sturdy construction
- A bit bulky
6. Best No-Assembly: Chef-Master Meat Tenderizer Tool
The Chef Master meat tenderizer lightweight tool, made of safe materials, with 48 stainless steel blades, makes it easy to puncture various meats to improve their flavor and juiciness. You can use this kitchen tool for cooking multiple types of meat, including beef, chicken, fish, and turkey, and reduce cooking time by up to 40 percent. It is dishwasher safe and quick to assemble.
- Innovative design
- No assembly required
- Takes time to clean
7. Best Safety Features: Kitchendao Deluxe Meat Tenderizer Tool
Kitchendao’s deluxe meat tenderizer tool has 48 razor-sharp blades that effectively penetrate tough meat to create heat channels and shorten cooking time. This device allows the heat to penetrate easily through meat and cooks it evenly. It comes with a transparent cover that is detachable and easy to clean. The palm-shaped handle of the meat tenderizer allows you to press effortlessly.
- Features safety lock
- Comfortable grip
- Comes with a money-back guarantee
- Easy to store
- Blades require a hard push
8. Best For Countertops: Commercial Meat Tenderizer
The commercial meat tenderizer is a versatile kitchen tool made of robust aluminum and food-grade ABS rollers. It lets you pound tough cuts of meat for quick cooking. The clamp-on design is simple to install on any table or countertop. It comes with a plastic cover for added protection.
- Easy to clean
- Smooth handle
- Removable cover
- Makes no noise
- Comes with no instruction manual
9. Best Easy-To-Store: Gxone Meat Tenderizer
Gxone meat tenderizer is a durable device made of high-grade 304 stainless steel and has an ergonomic design that provides a comfortable grip. The tool has a solid hammerhead. This meat mallet allows you to quickly strike meat, chicken, and steak to create soft and delectable dishes. Its flat and textured sides are ideal for various purposes. You can hang this meat pounder for convenient storage.
- Smooth surface
- Easy to clean
- A bit heavy
10. Best Easy-To-Use: TeaVas Meat tenderizer tool
The meat tenderizer tool is made of 304 stainless steel material and outfitted with 48 razor-sharp blades. This kitchen gadget significantly reduces cooking time and also aids in evenly marinating the meat. The product includes a cover to protect the sharp blades. You can easily clean the tenderizer after each use with soapy water and a brush.
- Sturdy grip
- Enhanced safety
- Comes with a cleaning brush
- Easy to use
- Does not include a manual
11. Best Durable: My Home Helper Dual-Sided Meat Tenderizer
This dual-sided meat tenderizer made of durable chrome-plated zinc has an ergonomic design. This manual meat tenderizer is a sturdy tool with a comfortable grip suitable for all types of meat, including beef, veal, poultry, steak, and cordon bleu. You can quickly switch the two different hammer surfaces to tenderize and flavor meat. The meat tenderizer’s smooth and textured sides are ideal for various purposes.
- Comes with a one-year warranty
- Heavy duty
- Cannot be hung
How To Choose The Right Meat Tenderizers?
Consider the following factors before purchasing a meat tenderizer.
1. Design: Consider the product’s design before making your choice. Choose a sturdy product equipped with a hammer-head or sharp blades and a comfortable grip handle. A product with an ergonomic design is convenient to use.
2. Build: A meat tenderizer with a robust build will last longer and provide increased reliability. Choose a device made of high-quality materials, such as stainless steel, aluminum, or ABS plastic.
3. Safety: A meat tenderizer with safety locks that remain in place while using the tool protects against all types of risks. The lock keeps the gadget’s sharp blades and needles in place.
4. Easy to clean: It’s always preferable to purchase a meat tenderizer that is easy to clean and dishwasher-friendly. You can save time if the tool is promptly cleaned with hands, a brush, or a dishwasher.
5. Warranty: A meat tenderizer that comes with a warranty period of at least one year provides enhanced reliability.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Sakshi John is a product writer who covers furniture, kitchenware, home requirements, and more. She has listed some of the best meat tenderizers in this article to facilitate hassle-free cooking as she is aware of the difficulty people face while cooking meat in the kitchen. She lists the best products available to help the readers choose one that suits them and includes all the necessary information in the blog for a hassle-free experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What should I put on meat to help tenderize it?
Any acidic liquid can tenderize meat and improve its flavor. Wine, vinegar, lemon, and orange juice are a few ingredients that can help tenderize meat.
2. Are there any other methods for tenderizing meat?
You can effectively tenderize meat through long and slow cooking and marinating in an acid-based marinade containing enzymes.
Meat tenderizers are essential kitchen tools that help you get soft, tender, and flavorful meat in no time. They work by breaking the connective tissue of meat, thereby reducing the cooking time and effort. When choosing the right tenderizer, make sure it has a comfortable grip and safety locks and is easy to clean. The ergonomic, sturdy, rust-resistant, and multifunctional options listed here can cut your cooking time significantly and let you enjoy delicious meat every time.