All those bikers who love to go on long rides on the highway will need the best motorcycle jacket for hot weather. Many people prefer wearing leather jackets to keep themselves comfortable during cold climates. Still, they will not prefer wearing them in the warm climate because these jackets can restrict airflow and cause discomfort. They are lightweight, made up of breathable fabric, and are worthwhile regardless of the climate. You might not have an idea about which one to choose, so to help you with that, we have compiled a list of some best-selling jackets that are worth checking out. Read on to know more.
10 Best Mesh Motorcycle Jackets For Hot Weather
1. Best Waterproof:HHR Textile Motorcycle Jacket
This all-season mesh motorcycle jacket made of 600D Cordura makes a rugged and durable option. It has a comfortable and soft design that keeps you cool during summer and warm in winter. Designed for optimal protection and safety, this trusted mesh armored motorcycle jacket features double stitching and elbow and shoulder armor.
- Waterproof design with REISSA membrane
- Breathable and lightweight
- Has removable, CE-approved armors
- Mesh motorcycle jacket with thermal liners that can be removed
- Comes with arms and waist adjustments
- May have blocked ventilation
2. Best Breathable:HWK Adventure/ Touring Motorcycle Jacket
The motorcycle jacket for men is made of premium 600D Cordura to make you ready for biking adventures in every season. It is designed to keep the body warm during winters and cool during summers. Available in three colors, this strong and stylish moto jacket with a contrasting HWK design makes a good pick. If you want to know more about the results, take a look at a tester’s experience in this review on YouTube.
- Includes removable CE-approved armors on back, shoulders, and elbows
- Waterproof and breathable design
- Has pockets for storage
- Mesh motorcycle jacket with removable liner
- Has air ventilation on front and back
- Five-year replacement warranty
- Zipper may not be durable
3. Best Stylish:Viking Cycle Ironside Textile Mesh Motorcycle Jacket
Ride with complete protection this summer wearing the Viking Cycle motorcycle jacket with a unique mesh design to allow convenient airflow. It comes with three inner pockets and four outer pockets with zippers to store your valuables. The stylish and functional mesh motorcycle jacket with multiple pockets is made of premium materials for optimal performance and is available in different sizes and colors. You can check this YouTube video for more information about this riding gear.
- Breathable design with ventilation
- Has CE-approved armors on back, shoulder, and elbows
- Several storage options
- Comes with adjustable straps on cuffs and waist
- Offers 360° visibility
- Zippers may not last long
HHR Textile Motorcycle Jacket
HWK Adventure/ Touring Motorcycle Jacket
Viking Cycle Ironside Textile Mesh Motorcycle Jacket
| 26 x 34 x 2.5 inches; 2.69 Pounds
4. Best Adjustable:Alpha Cycle Gear Motorcycle Jacket
Put on this best summer motorcycle jacket that has mesh on the front and back for maximum airflow. It has a fully adjustable design that allows adjusting biceps, forearms, cuffs, waist, and collar as per your comfort and preference. The airflow motorcycle jacket comes with a pant zipper connection and lots of pockets for convenient storage while you are riding. It is designed for summers and fall but can also be worn in winters with some layers. Check out a reviewer testing this mesh motorcycle jacket in this review video.
- Comes with CE-approved armor on elbows, shoulders, and back
- Allows complete customized fit
- Has highly visible logos
- Offers generous storage options
- Ten years warranty
- May not have durable zippers
5. Best Ergonomic Design:Xelement Men’s Invasion Neon Green Motorcycle Jacket
The durable summer motorcycle riding jacket is made of abrasion-resistant mesh and textile material. This stylish neon green men’s mesh motorcycle jacket with zipper closure is designed with X-Armor cutting-edge technology and has been through rigorous testing to ensure higher impact absorption, keeping you protected when riding.
- Removable foam CE-approved shoulder and elbow armor
- Has reflective piping for better visibility
- Comes with ventilation
- Ergonomic design
- Adjustable straps for a better fit
- May have restricted airflow
6. Best Lightweight:Jackets 4 Bikes Pro Leather & Mesh Motorcycle Jacket
The summer leather motorcycle jacket, designed for convenience and protection, is made of ultra-breathable and abrasion-resistant poly leather and mesh. It has SureFit customization to offer the best of the personalized fit. The mesh motorcycle jacket with reflective accents has armors on elbows and shoulders and five internal pieces of removable armors to keep you safe.
- Comes with double armor for optimal protection
- Has a removable waterproof lining
- Includes adjustable arm straps for a better fit
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Has reflective piping and tape
- May have a poor quality zipper and liner
7. Best Elegant: Joe Rocket Cleo 2.2 Women’s Mesh Motorcycle Jacket
Dress in style with this elegant women’s lightweight mesh motorcycle jacket. It is designed with FreeAir mesh back and torso that lets you stay fashionable and protected. Liked by many reviewers, this riding gear has an optional spine protector for an enhanced level of protection and a nine-point customized adjustment system for the perfect fit.
- Removable waterproof lining
- Includes CE-approved elbow and shoulder armor
- Allows customized fit adjustments
- Comes with reflective stripes
- Includes eight zippers for pant attachment
- Lightweight and breathable
- May not allow comfortable hand movements
8. Best All-Weather:Vance Advance Lightweight Motorcycle Jacket
If you are looking for a summer riding jacket, this cool motorcycle jacket with a mesh shell from Vance makes a wonderful choice. It comes with two waist-level pockets and one zippered pocket on the inside to carry stuff. The all-weather mesh motorcycle jacket with CE-certified armor with a removable thermal liner makes it perfect to wear in winters and summers.
- Comes with CE-rated shoulder and elbow armor
- Includes a removable protector pad on the back
- Has an adjustable hook-and-loop waistband for a better fit
- Comes with reflective panel for greater visibility
- Features a concealer pocket
- Enables easy airflow
- Collar may feel a little scratchy
9. Best Impact Absorbent:GDM-01 Mesh Motorcycle Jacket
Get yourself the best motorcycle jacket with an outer shell made of mesh fabric offering breathability to keep you cool in summers. It comes with double and triple stitching, which imparts more strength. The time-tested mesh motorcycle jacket with reinforced stitching has an impact-absorbing construction with two internal and external pockets.
- Insulated and removable liner for sleeves
- Has CE-approved shoulders and elbow armor
- Includes reflective strips
- Comes with adjustable waist and cuffs
- Offers generous storage options
- Armors may restrict movement
10. Best Abrasion-Resistant:Pilot Motosport Air Mesh Motorcycle Jacket
The stylish mesh motorcycle jacket for summer is made of Pilotex fabric. It comes with double and triple stitching that offers greater strength and durability for an adventurous ride. This mesh motorcycle jacket with abrasion-resistant panels is designed to keep you safe, as it has an intelligent ventilation system to keep you cool even on the hottest days.
- Comes with red tab visibility
- Has improved Pilot Care CE level 2 microcellular PU pad for back
- Abrasion-resistant design
- Comes with CE-approved armors
- Impact-absorbing jacket
- Breathable and comfortable
- Could have sizing issues in arms
How To Choose The Right Motorcycle Jacket For Hot Weather?
Before you make a final pick, it is essential to ensure that the mesh jacket you are picking has these features.
- Fit: The right fit ensures comfort and convenience. Look for the best fit that is also loose enough for air to pass.
- Weather conditions: A mesh jacket is designed especially for summers but buying a coat that can be worn in all weather conditions is always smarter. Opt for mesh motorcycle jackets with waterproof features to keep yourself sheltered from unexpected spells of rain.
- Airflow: Mesh lining allows ventilation so that the rider does not feel hot in the summers. So, find a jacket with proper ventilation and airflow.
- Safety and protection: Go for jackets that come with armor approved by CE. Extra padding on the sensitive areas and chest protectors can offer crash protection.
- Lightweight: A lightweight jacket helps you move freely and lets you breathe easy on rides during hot months.
- Price: Though mesh jackets are not highly priced, it is always better to compare a few before buying them.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the right way to wash my mesh motorcycle jacket?
It is advisable to look for washing instructions on your jacket. But the safest way to clean your mesh motorcycle jacket is by handwashing it with a mild detergent.
2. How do I find out the correct size of the mesh motorcycle jacket?
Measure your chest and back using the measuring tape and follow the size chart to pick the one that matches your body measurements. You can go for one size larger, but do not go for the smaller one.
3. Is it weird to wear a motorcycle jacket?
Wearing a motorcycle jacket shouldn’t feel weird for the benefits it offers a rider. With the right fit and style, a protective mesh motorcycle jacket can not only look fashionable on you but it can also provide comfort and protect riders from environmental elements. It acts as abrasion-resistant clothing in the event of a potential crash to minimize abrasion and skin burns, which are common injuries that occur during an accident.
4. How tight should a motorcycle jacket be?
You should choose a size that provides you a snug fit but is not too tight so that it does not make you feel uncomfortable or restrict your movement.
5. Why do bikers wear jackets?
Bikers wear jackets, as they offer some level of protection during a crash. These motorcycle jackets are designed with armored shoulders, elbows, chest, and back to sustain impacts and are necessary for bikers.
6. How thick should a motorcycle jacket be?
A motorcycle jacket should be extra thick in the key impact areas. Some jackets may use a different material in these areas to provide enough thickness and to make the jacket abrasion-resistant. Check if the jacket is CE-certified and CE level two armor offers greater protection. The faster you choose to ride, the thicker the jacket you should wear.
Why Trust MomJunction?
As an experienced product writer, Poulami Nag believes in providing her readers with high-quality, easily comprehensible information. With her specialized knowledge in fashion and advanced analysis of products and user reviews, she has compiled a list of the best mesh motorcycle jackets for hot weather. Along with the product descriptions and the pros and cons, she has also added a buying guide and addressed some commonly asked questions so you can choose the right jacket for your bike trips.
With the growing popularity of motorcycles and motor-riding, mesh jackets have become an essential riding gear. But when you buy one, ensure your mesh motorcycle jacket is lightweight, breathable, and adjustable for a comfortable ride. Compare the features of the various jackets mentioned in this post, and you’re sure to find the best mesh motorcycle jacket. Our top pick is the weather-resistant and Cordura fabric-based HWK Adventure/ Touring Motorcycle Jacket. We also like the breathable and extensively adjustable Alpha Cycle Gear Motorcycle Jacket. Additionally, the buying guide will help you categorize your preferences and assist you in choosing the best jacket.
Infographic: How To Clean Mesh Motorcycle Jackets?
Discover the ultimate combination of breathability and protection with mesh motorcycle jackets. These jackets offer optimal airflow and a lightweight design for a relaxed and stylish ride. However, it is necessary to periodically clean them properly to maintain their smart appearance and ensure durability. Refer to the infographic below to learn how to wash mesh motorcycle jackets correctly.