The streamer needs to have a quality microphone. A decent mic will offer better sound than a built-in microphone on your computer. It is useful for recording music, videos, communication, and gaming. We have curated a list of the microphones for streaming to buy the suitable product.
11 Best Microphones For Streaming
Record vocals, create podcasts, and add narration to home movies with Blue’s iCE USB microphone. With a custom condenser capsule, you can listen to crystal clear audio in FaceTime, online streaming, messages, and Skype. Snowball ice comes with a corded electric power source and sample/word rate of 44.1 kHz/16 bit. It is a USB 2.0 device and is also compatible with USB 3.0. With a black body and easy portability, this streaming mic is ideal for high-quality recording and streaming.
- Has a good range and can record audio from a distance
- Overall build of the mic is firm and strong
- ‘Plug and Play’ ensures fast connectivity
- Equipped with a unidirectional polar pattern
- Won’t work for PS4 and Xbox
- You cannot mute the mic
- Stand is not sturdy and gives you limited adjustments
With plug and play USB recording, this microphone includes a 5.9 feet USB cable for connecting computers, laptops etc. You can use it to record music, podcasts, or computer singing. It is user-friendly with Mac and PC. The additional volume control knob allows louder output. The recording quality is clear and crisp, and the user doesn’t have to raise his/her voice while speaking.
- Tripod stand gives a stable grip
- Doesn’t come with a mute button
- Can be attached to a microphone arm mount
- Compatible with Windows, XP, Vista, 2000, and Mac OS X.
- Not compatible with Xbox and phones
- Doesn’t come with a mute button
- Built-in USB cable has to be used with precision
Tonor’s condenser microphone is ideal for steaming, chatting, video calling, recording, podcasting, and distance learning. With a blue PVC material body, this USB microphone weighs up to 345 grams. Its cardioid pattern cancels background noise and has a smooth, clear, and crisp sound quality. The shock mount of this product can be unscrewed and attached to a boom stand. This microphone doesn’t require any special installation. All the user has to do is to unfold the tripod and plug and play.
- Cardioid mic capsule offers clear audio quality
- Includes a pop shield
- Lightweight and portable
- Not compatible with Xbox, iPad, and phones
- Does not have an on/off switch
- Microphone might make some background noise
With a classic black body and a built-in shock mount, this microphone comes with background noise reduction. It utilizes a super-cardioid pickup to eliminate distracting noises and ensures professional sound quality. It weighs around 1.86 pounds and is designed by twitch streamers.
- Easily mounted to a boom stand
- Sleek and non-obstructive design
- Has volume control, and mute button
- Dampens the vibrations to protect against bumps
- You will require a pop filter
- Does not work with Xbox
Bonke’s condenser mic has a black cotton body and weighs approximately 2.83 pounds. The setup delivers a professional sound quality as it has a sound chipset present inside it. With soundproof cotton, your voice is crystal clear and crisp. The product includes a scissor arm stand, shock mount, and a pop filter. It is also equipped with a table mounting clamp for a better grip on the surface.
- Windscreen foam eliminates unwanted sounds
- Adjustable echo effect using turning knobs present on the mic
- 360-degree wide range adjustable arm set
- Easy to set up and use
- Not compatible with Xbox and cellphones
- Screws for table mounting might lose and break
With a frequency range of 20 Hz to 20 kHz and an impedance of 16 Ohm, this product comes with high-resolution converters. The contemporary design with vintage appeal has versatile mounting options where it can be mounted to a desktop mic stand or standard or a boom mic stand. It has a two-meter USB C to USB A cable.
- Universal compatibility
- Includes a headphone jack and mic controls
- Packed with a tight and a wide stereo for great sound effects
- Four versatile capture modes
- Clipping the mic can be tricky
- Bass is relatively weak
- Mic might have issues in connecting with some phones
Proar’s gaming microphone is a solid construction with a 16mm diaphragm and a frequency range of 20Hz to 20kHz. It has a professional sound chipset and durable metal construction. The detachable desktop stand is easy to assemble and is compatible with Mac, PS4, and Windows.
- Equipped with an LED indicator
- Latency-free monitoring for real-time playback
- Captures wide frequency range content with low noise
- Multi-angle adjustable stand
- Not compatible with Xbox
- Video recordings might have a light buzz sound
- Sound quality is not clear
Razer Seiren’s streamer microphone is ideal for vloggers and podcasts. Its ultra-precise super-cardioid pattern focuses only on the voice and not the background noise. Made for minimal and smaller setups, this product is tuned with a tighter pickup angle. It delivers professional sound quality, and it is portable.
- Equipped with a 14mm condenser capsule
- Ultra-compact design for easy handling
- Detachable stand can be mounted on a boom arm or mic stand
- Heavy-duty tilting stand
- Doesn’t have a headphone jack
- No mute button
- Users cannot modify the microphone without any third-party applications
With an omnidirectional polar pattern, this condenser microphone has a wider sound field meaning, and it picks up a clear sound from every direction. It comes with a frequency range of 60Hz to 18kHza tripod stand that is foldable and adjustable. It has a built-in shock mount that will eliminate the noise coming from the radiator, keyboard, mouse, etc. It is compatible with PS4, Mac, and personal computers.
- Has a pop filter
- Simple setup and installation
- Exceptional anti-vibration microphone conceals the shocks
- Plug and play into any computer
- Not compatible with phones, iPad, and Xbox.
- Has no headphone jack
- Might have issues connecting with PS4
Samson’s Portable USB microphone has a custom, sleek and compact design that fits effortlessly anywhere. It is ideal for voice recognition software, iChat, and webcasting. The microphone weighs as little as 0.5 pounds and has a chic white body. It is a perfect solution for podcasting, streaming, and field recording. This USB microphone for gaming has a frequency range of 20Hz to 18kHz.
- Switchable cardioid and omnidirectional pickup pattern
- Has a 1/8” headphone output ensuring zero latency
- Unique fold-up design that can fit anywhere
- Integrated clip allows you to mount it anywhere
- Might not recognize microphone in some devices
- Might pick up background noise
Queena Steinbeck’s gaming mic comes with a 3.5 mm headphone jack. It provides a real-time monitor where you can enjoy recording and monitor the original sound simultaneously. It has an adjustable lightweight stand that also supports the multi-angle movement. It is compatible with windows 7/8/10 and XP. You can also connect the mic to PS4 and the camera. It has a 9.18 feet cable to meet your distance requirements.
- Includes a detachable metal base for a stable effect
- Supports online chat and you can also make instant calls without worrying about the audio quality
- USB plug with dual ports
- Portable design and easy to travel with
- Not compatible with Xbox, Android, and iPhone
- Sound quality might not be clear in video recordings
How To Choose The Right Microphone For Streaming?
Here are some factors to keep in mind while buying a microphone for streaming.
- Connection method: USB and XLR are the most common connection methods for streaming. Both have their set of advantages and disadvantages. USB microphones are plug and play, which means you can directly plug them into the device and use it. XLR mics have to be connected through an audio interface to your PC. You can also attach additional equipment for better control and sound quality. TS/TRS/TRRs based mics, are also compatible with mobile phones, tablets, and laptops.
- Polar pattern: The mics with the omnidirectional polar patterns are sensitive to sounds coming from every direction. They might also pick undesired sounds along with your speech. Mics with cardioid polar pattern will pick up sound only from the front. Such microphones remove ambient and unwanted sounds, and they block unnecessary noises. Microphones with bidirectional polar pattern have a ‘figure of eight’ sound pattern. They pick up sounds from the front and the back.
- Frequency response: It is the range of frequencies your microphone can pick up. 20Hz to 20,000 kHz is considered the standard frequency response.
- Pop shield: The primary function of a pop filter is to eliminate any sound when the air meets the microphone. Pop shields are mechanized to remove such issues, leading to a clearer sound at the listener’s end.
Microphones for streaming are unique in their way. Each one of them has different features, aesthetics, and quality. Choose the one depending upon your needs and requirements. They can either be a breakthrough or a breakdown in your digital career. Decide on your pick smartly and wisely.
- Best Baby Food Storage Containers
- Best Probiotics for Kids
- Best Diaper Caddies
- Best Bottle Drying Racks