Nothing can compare to the warmth that a furry friend offers on a cold winter night. And if this furry friend is microwavable, the comfort it offers can increase sevenfold. The best microwavable stuffed animals come with a heating pad that can be microwaved for a few seconds to offer you warmth before you hit the sack. Some cuddly companions even come filled with dried leaves or flower petals, thus making them perfect for aromatherapy. Thus, if you want to adopt one of these loyal friends to keep yourself toasty before you go to bed, choose one from this list of best-selling cuddly animal companions.
10 Best Microwavable Stuffed Animals
1. Best Stress-Relief:Warmies Microwavable French Lavender Scented Plush Elephant
This microwavable lavender-scented plush elephant helps relieve stress, making it the ideal bedtime or travel partner. The cuddly companion is made of high-quality fabric and filled with premium flaxseed to offer you warmth and ultimate comfort. it is fragranced with the finest-quality dried French lavender that is soothing and not overpowering. The warm stuffed animal toy does not require a removable and heatable inner bag, thus making it safe and convenient to use. Moreover, the versatile plush animal toy can also be used as a cold pack.
- Available in different designs
- Works as a spa gift
- Helps soothe babies
- Great for colic relief
- Cute and snuggly
- May not be true to size
- May not be easy to clean
2. Best Friendly:Happy Fuel Avocado Microwavable Stuffed Animal
Here’s a super cute avocado-inspired microwavable stuffed animal heating pad from Happy Fuel that the entire family will fight for, although in a good way, before bedtime. The stuffed animal is made of high-quality fleece material and features a cute design. It comes with a removable heating pad filled with unscented natural clay beads to let you add the essential oils of your choice. This versatile animal can be used for hot or cold therapy and aromatherapy or just for cuddling. Further, this cozy toy cum cuddly companion is easy to clean, easy to heat, and the perfect size for snuggling. It also makes for a thoughtful gift for a loved one.
- Quality clay beads
- Offers comforting and moist heat
- Does not become greasy
- Weighted plush toy
- Seam may come apart over time
- Maybe smaller than you expect
"Besides being an excellent heating pad, this soft toy doubles as a cushiony pillow. Its velcro pocket may feel snug, but it keeps the clay beads from spilling out. On the whole, its therapeutic benefits and adorable charm have brought a lot of relief and comfort for me and my little one."
3. Best Child Safe:1i4 Group Warm Pals Microwavable Stuffed Animal
Relieve your stress and ease your anxiety by bringing home the Warm Pals microwavable stuffed penguin by 1i4 Group. The weighted plush animal has a warm and soothing French lavender scent, thus allowing you to use it for hot or cold therapy and aromatherapy. The toy with embroidered details is stuffed with natural grains and is designed to be safe for children aged two years and up. Moreover, the microwavable lavender-scented stuffed companion heats up in just 60-90 seconds to keep you warm and cozy. And to bring a smile to every member of your family, get the entire set of the Warm Pals stuffed animals.
- Freezer- and microwave-safe
- Can be carried on flights
- Can be used for decorating the bedroom
- Can be used for gifting
- Seams may not be durably stitched
4. Best Mold-Resistant:Thermal-Aid Zoo Mini Ollie The Koala Microwavable Stuffed Animal
Who doesn’t love koalas? This irresistibly cute and microwavable koala stuffed animal developed by doctors ticks all the right boxes for microwavable stuffed animals. The durable and safe stuffed animal provides ultimate comfort as it has mold-resistant corn filling and is made of soft and high-quality materials—100% natural cotton. Further, Ollie, the Koala, is microwave- and freezer-safe, and will make a comforting companion for your child. Use it to provide instant heat—it heats up in less than ten seconds—or as a cooling pack to get relief from toothache or sores. Moreover, the animal plush toy provides a gentle warming or cooling effect for up to 45 minutes, and its soft color and fluffy body endear it to children.
- Washable by hand
- Can be used as a heating pad
- May help combat insomnia
- Suitable for women during pregnancy
- May be tiny
- Material may be slightly rough
"I chose this Koala comforter for its simple yet adorable design and machine-washable build. Despite being smaller than expected, my little one loves having it as her bedtime companion.In addition, its cotton-based fur remains tangle-free and feels soft on the skin."
5. Best Sensory Play:Wild Baby Turtle Microwavable Stuffed Animal
This therapeutic turtle is a must-have in your child’s stuffed animal collection. The cute microwavable stuffed turtle from Wild Baby is made of premium plush and features a comfortable heating or cooling pad stuffed with all-natural grains and aromatic dried French lavender for hot or cold therapy or aromatherapy. Besides, the eight-inch turtle includes a heat-activated color-changing heart that makes it an extremely comforting toy that is endearing to children. Further, the microwavable lavender-scented plush toy is packaged in a lovely gift box and comes with a birth certificate to let your child name it.
- Packaged in a lovely gift box
- Includes a birth certificate
- Heats up quickly
- No tiny plastic parts
- Meets safety standards
- Some may find the smell slightly intense
"The option to use it as a cold or hot pack has made it my little one's favorite nap buddy and pain reliever. Its lavender scent dissipated quickly, but adding a few drops of the essential oil helped restore the fragrance. Also, its button- and embellishment-free design is a bonus."
6. Best Durable:Infloatables Turtle Stuffed Animal
Adopt this little therapeutic turtle, and it is sure to become your child’s comforter and friend. The cute microwavable stuffed turtle from Infloatables is made of premium plush and features a comfortable heating or cooling pad stuffed with all-natural grains and aromatic dried French lavender for hot or cold therapy or aromatherapy. Besides, the eight-inch turtle includes a heat-activated color-changing heart that makes it extremely endearing to children. Further, the plush toy is packaged in a lovely gift box and comes with a birth certificate to let your child name it.
- Packaged in a lovely gift box
- Includes a birth certificate
- Meets US safety standards
- Helps stimulate children’s creativity
- Can help comfort children
- Some may find the scent intense
- May be smaller than you expect
"Managing my period pains has become easy with this warm and cushiony turtle toy. I expected it to be a bit bigger, but it has proven versatile. Plus, the lavender fragrance enhances its soothing capacities."
7. Best Natural Comfort:VanNori Animal Stuffed Microwavable Heating Pad
The microwavable stuffed animal by VanNori makes a perfect gift for teenagers and can be used to alleviate period cramps. This plush animal toy comes with a removable heating and cooling pad stuffed with natural millet seed, and you could add your favorite aromatic oil for aromatherapy. The fluffy kitten huggable toy cum cuddly companion is made of natural and hypoallergenic material with reinforced stitching. Further, the pad can be heated within 60-90 seconds in a microwave.
- Can be used for gifting
- Easy to use
- Machine washable
- Comes in two colors
- Carry bag for portability
- Velcro may not be durable
- Some may find the scent a bit intense
"The best part about this dog-shaped heating pad is its chemical-free heating elements. When heated, the millet fillings also release a subtle earthy aroma, which my son loves. The clear heating instructions also make this pad easy to use and maintain."
8. Best Embroidered Charm:FAO Schwarz Warm Paws Plush Sloth Microwave Warm-Up Stuffed Animal
The plush microwavable stuffed sloth by FAO Schwarz is made of ultra-plush fur, making it extremely snuggly and soft, and the embroidered details and sewing patterns make it an adorable companion. In addition, this parent-recommended 12-inch sloth is stuffed with flaxseed and dried lavender, and will be your child’s favorite relaxing toy. Put the sleep companion in the microwave for 15-30 seconds just before your child’s bedtime, and the scented toy stuffed animal warms up and gives out a soothing lavender scent.
- Makes a great nap buddy
- Lightweight and portable
- Can be used in daycares
- Squishy body and fluffy fabric
- May not retain heat effectively
- May not be suitable for older children
"I found this soft toy easy to warm in the microwave, and its scent is remarkably relaxing. I wish it were waterproof, but it still keeps my child cozy at night. It looks so cute that I sometimes even use it to relieve my minor aches and pains."
Here’s an ultra-soft lovey from Dandelion Wishes that your toddler will find hard to part with. The microwavable stuffed animal blanket is made of premium minky fabric and has an adorable design, including embroidered eyes, a soft nose, and long-hanging ears. This lovey features a removable heating/cooling pack filled with lavender beads that give out a soothing and gentle scent, making it a great snuggle buddy. Besides this, the tried-and-trusted stuffed blanket is made of soft and high-quality materials and comes packaged in an eco-friendly, gift-ready cylinder box.
- Available in different colors
- Machine washable
- Perfectly sized for little children
- Can be air-dried
- CPC-certified for quality
- Small parts may pose a choking hazard
- Velcro may be larger than expected
10. Best Anxiety Reliever:Zodaca Unicorn Plush Microwavable Stuffed Animal
This microwavable stuffed unicorn from Zodaco is all you need to cheer up your little one when they feel under the weather. The enchanting unicorn is made of premium polyester-based fluffy fabric and stuffed with soft clay beads and dried lavender, which produces a soothing scent, making it a great sleep aid. In addition, the ultra-soft stuffed unicorn can be used for heating and aromatherapy, and the rainbow heating or cooling pad fits perfectly into the unicorn’s body. And that’s not all—the soothing toy cum cuddly companion can also be used by adults to ease anxiety and reduce stress.
- Perfectly sized for hugging
- Can also be cooled in a freezer
- May help in anxiety relief and stress relief
- Suitable for gifting
- Scent might be slightly intense
"My child has been using this doll as his personal warmer all winter. He is also quite taken by its colorful and fluffy fur. However, I recommend carefully following the heating instructions to enhance its longevity."
How To Choose The Right Microwavable Stuffed Animals?
Consider the following points when choosing a microwavable stuffed animal.
- Fabric and filling: Choose a soft toy made of ultra-soft and expert-approved fabric, as you would be cuddling it. The filling should consist of flaxseed, natural clay beads, or corn, and it’s up to you to choose one with or without scent—typically, those with scent are filled with dried lavender to provide ultimate comfort.
- Heating time: You wouldn’t want to wait long for the heating pad to heat up. So, choose one that heats up in less than 90 seconds.
- Versatility: Pick a microwavable stuffed animal that is also freezer-safe. This can come in handy if you live in a hot climate or like cold therapy occasionally.
- Design: Choosing a microwavable plush toy, or any stuffed toy for that matter, based on its design is subjective. However, choose one that is aesthetically pleasing and cuddly.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What would happen if I put a stuffed animal inside the washing machine?
It is not recommended to wash microwavable stuffed animals in a washing machine as it can permanently damage the inner filling.
2. Can I put my microwavable stuffed animal in the dryer if I don’t have a microwave?
Microwavable stuffed animals are not meant for dryers.
3. For how long should I put a stuffed animal in a microwave?
You can put your microwavable stuffed animal in a microwave for one to two minutes. However, be sure that your heatable stuffed animal is microwave-safe before putting it in one.
Microwavable stuffed animals make for great cuddly companions for both adults and children. With several time-tested options and the buying guide at your disposal, choosing one becomes a whole lot easier. So, adopt a stuffed animal and enjoy heat or cold therapy or even aromatherapy to relieve stress and anxiety in the comfort of your home. Moreover, stuffed animals also make for thoughtful gifts—so gift one to someone special on any occasion and bring a smile to their faces.
Infographic: What Are The Benefits Of Microwavable Stuffed Animals?
Microwavable stuffed animals are soft and cuddly toys designed to provide warmth and comfort. They are often used as an alternative therapy for those suffering from stress or insomnia and for relief from body aches. So if you are considering buying one, explore the benefits in the infographic below to make an informed choice.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Priti Bose is a dedicated writer, reviewer, and researcher who covers toys and gifts. She has compared and reviewed various best-selling and parent-tested products on various e-commerce websites to compile this list of the best microwavable stuffed animals. You will find microwavable stuffed animals that are made of high-quality fabrics and fillings and ones that are both microwave- and freezer-safe. Moreover, these children’s toys are safe, and Priti has considered several user reviews to offer you an unbiased list and help you choose the right product.