If you frequently travel on work or pleasure and enjoy watching movies or video content on the go, investing in portable mini projectors could be a good idea. Mini projectors are smaller versions of the large and heavy projectors and can easily fit in your travel bag. With several features such as HD quality screen, WiFi connectivity, and improved optics, these projectors could be all you need to make that impressive presentation to a client or make your long and boring journeys entertaining.
This post lists some of the best mini portable projectors and the features to consider while shopping for one.
11 Best Mini Portable Projectors
With an adjustable projection size of 33-170 inches, a high resolution of 1080p, two in-built speakers, and an advanced color engine, the Vankyo’s leisure mini projector can work as a home theatre. You can also use it to stream multimedia content from mobile phones, TV sticks, and video game consoles. Its cooling system with heat dispersion, noise suppression technology, and 40,000 hours of lamp life make this portable mini HD projector a suitable choice for movie nights.
- Has HDMI, USB, and VGA hardware interface
- Comes with distortion correction and focus setting
- Customized bag for travel is included
- High brightness picture
- Can be mounted on a tripod
- Does not include an adaptor for HDMI or USB connections
- Not suitable for PowerPoint or office presentations
The Hompow portable projector has a high picture quality of 1800p and 50,000 hours of lamp life. It is compatible with several multimedia devices and has a compact design. With a projection distance of 60-200 inches, brightness of 3600 lux, and a contrast ratio of 2000:1, this projector is ideal for watching movies or playing games indoors and outdoors.
- Compatible with smartphones
- Built-in dual stereo speakers
- Ideal for tabletop mounting
- Durable light bulb for up to 30 years
- Free replacement policy and a two-year customer service guarantee
- May not function on Dolby audio setting
- Does not include adapters for phone connections
This smart Capsule by Nebula can be operated without a remote control. You can connect it to WiFi for streaming movies directly from Netflix, YouTube, and Hulu effortlessly. With its 360-degree omnidirectional speaker, 100 ANSI lumen brightness, and a 100-inch picture, you can bring the theater to your home. The projector has USB and HDMI ports, and can also be connected through Airplay, Bluetooth, or Miracast.
- Video playtime of four hours
- Built-in Android 7.1 software
- Compact design
- Can be operated through the “Nebula Connect” app from App Store and Play Store
- Screen resolution may not be high
- App to connect the projector may be a bit slow
With the size of a smartphone, Meer’s portable mini LED projector is compact and ideal for camping, picnics, and traveling. It has a remote control and a portable charger. The HDMI, USB, and AV interfaces can connect to laptops and phones for a multimedia experience. Made from durable ABS plastic and adapted with energy-saving and environmental protection light source, this lets you create your little outdoor portable theatre.
- Has an in-built CVBS 3-in-1 input3.5mm headphone jack for undisturbed hearing
- A reasonable display size of 24-60 inches
- Has a TV card slot
- Can be charged with a power bank or a wall charger
- Brightness of 400 lumen
- Does not contain a battery
- Not recommended for PowerPoint presentation
- May not be compatible with Dolby sound video
Avoid the hassle of connecting cables and simply mirror your mobile devices’ screen via WiFi with this Bomaker portable mini HD projector. With a brightness of 6000 lux, a contrast ratio of 9000:1 for high picture quality, and an adjustable screen size up to 300 inches, this projector is ideal for streaming movies indoors and outdoors. As this projector has an option for wireless screen mirroring, it is also suitable for your business meetings.
- Has an SD card slot and an audio jack
- Can be operated with a remote control
- Comes with an HDMI and a 3-in-1 AV cable
- Compatible for PowerPoint presentations
- Some users report of trouble with wireless screen mirroring
The CiBest’s mini portable projector provides high-brightness with its 4200 lux LED. It offers a high picture quality of 1080p and 2000:1 contrast to stream movies, videos, or play games in theater quality. It has multimedia compatibility with laptops, Android phones, iPhones, PS4, Fire TV, and Chromecast. The built-in diffuse reflection technology provides softer light to protect your eyes in the dark.
- Provides 50,000 hours of lamp life
- Can be mounted on a standard tripod
- Includes an AV cord, power cable, and a remote control
- 30-200 inches screen size for a theater-like viewing experience
- Optimal projection distance of 3.9-8.2ft
- Latest cooling system
- Two-month money-back guarantee and a lifetime warranty
- Not suitable for PowerPoint presentations
- Might have connectivity issues with iPhone
Suitable for both home and office purposes, ViewSonic’s portable mini HD projector is compact and fits easily into your pockets. Integrated with a JBL speaker for a high-quality sound, it can seamlessly stream your favorite movies, photos, and videos from your mobile devices and laptops. Its automatic vertical keystone correction system enables you to rectify any distorted pictures during presentations. With an integrated lens cover that also doubles as a stand, this projector can be set into various angles.
- Contains an HDMI and USB type A reader port
- One-year limited warranty
- 30,000 hours of lamp life
- Chargeable with power bank
- Swappable projector panels of gray, yellow, and teal
- Includes a remote control
- Device may overheat often
The mini portable projector by Vamvo has a unique design with its surface touch-keys and a 180-degree slide cover switch to turn it on. It has a micro SD support, HDMI slot, and an audio jack slot, making it ideal for entertainment and business purposes. With its compact size, DLP imaging technology, 15-130 inches projection size, and an aspect ratio of 16:10, this Pico projector is a mini theatre you can set up at home.
- Comes with a three-month refund policy and a two-year guarantee
- Rechargeable 5200mAh battery
- Lifespan of 20,000 hours
- Includes a remote control
- Multimedia input and MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link) connectivity
- Has a focus wheel for projecting quality picture
- Includes a mini tripod
- Built-in speaker with SRS (Sound Retrieval System)
- Requires installation of the EZCast app for Android devices
- Short battery life of two hours
The Crenova Store’s Mini Projector is ideal for watching movies, playing video games, or screen photos in a dark room as its in-built soft LED lamp eliminates any strain on the eyes. It can be operated with remote control and has a keystone correction feature for good picture quality. The projector uses copper as a heat conductor and turbofan for heat dissipation. You can use this HD projector for a longer duration as its upgraded cooling system is noiseless and disperses heat faster.
- Illuminance of 4500 lux
- Projection size of 200 inches within 3-10m viewing distance
- Compatible with iPhone and Android phones with lightning adapter and MHL cables, respectively
- 50,000 hours of lamp life
- Not suitable for business purposes
- May not be compatible with Dolby system
The Vivimage Portable Mini Projector with WiFi support provides 1080p video quality, 3000:1 contrast, and incredible audio with its in-built speakers. You can avoid the stress of wires as you can screen the content of your mobile devices directly without any cables. Its 4500 lux lamp provides high brightness, which can be adjusted with the keystone corrector and focus wheel in a dark environment.
- 40,000 hours of lamp life
- Cooling system for heat dispersion
- Five-layer LCD provides a high-resolution image
- Includes a tripod stand for easy mount
- Noise suppression technology
- Multiple ports for connectivity
- 90-day money-back guarantee and a three-year warranty
- Might have connectivity issues
11. Akaso Mini Projector
The Akaso Portable Mini HD Projector has a built-in rechargeable battery of 4000mAh and is ideal for watching movies outdoors. It has DLP technology for high-picture contrast and uniformity. Equipped with connecting slots for mobile devices, flash drives, and micro SD cards, the projector can connect to devices through WiFi. Its keystone corrector adjusts all the distorted images automatically. You can easily mount this portable projector on its tripod and enjoy your movies or games in image sizes up to 120 inches.
- Built-in stereo speakers with SRS technology
- Includes HDMI, USB cables, and a remote control
- Compact and lightweight
- Has a contrast ratio of 2000:1
- Provides 30,000 hours of lamp life
- TF card compatibility up to 32GB
- Battery may not last long
- Picture quality may not be great
How To Choose The Right Mini Portable Projector?
Here are some important factors to consider when buying a mini portable projector.
- Size: As the name says, portable projectors must be easy to carry. They need to have a compact design to fit into your bag easily and should be lightweight.
- Connectivity: Some portable projectors have wireless connectivity options and save you from the hassles of connecting cables to screen images.
- Brightness: It is measured in lumens. A higher lumen projector provides a better picture quality, although it could be a bit expensive.
- Contrast ratio: The ratio of the luminance of the brightest color to that of the darkest color is referred to as the contrast ratio. The higher the contrast number, the better is the quality.
- Audio: Most mini projectors have built-in speakers, while some have external speakers. It is up to you to consider what kind of projector you require.
- Lifespan: Projectors use LED lamps for their function, which are highly efficient. They last longer and have an average life span of 30,000 hours, which is sufficient for a lifetime.
- Additional features: If you plan to use your mini projector often when travelling, consider purchasing a one with rechargeable batteries, tripod stands, connection cables, portable bags, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best mini portable projector for an iPhone?
Most mini projectors available in the market today are compatible with an iPhone. Some may require an adaptor, while others can be connected through WiFi.
2. What is the best mini projector for presentations?
For presentations, consider purchasing a mini projector with a high lumen number and good picture quality. A projector with multiple connectivity options can enable you to connect it to any device effortlessly.
Projectors have come a long way since their invention. They have become smaller and advanced with technology, besides being affordable too. These mini projectors can be used at home, office, or for entertainment purposes. Go through our list of the best mini projectors and choose the one that suits your needs the most.