Investing in the best mixing bowls can make cooking special dishes easy. Whether you plan to whip up a cake, pancake, or a healthy salad, a portable and easy-to-clean mixing bowl is the answer to most of your problems.
Usually, people make do with any bowl, but you don’t want the bowl to be so heavy that it slips out of your hands or flimsy that the contents fly out of the container. Keep scrolling to find the right bowl for your kitchen needs. Most of the options on this list are durable, easy to clean, durable, and lightweight.
Our Top Picks
15 Best Mixing Bowls
Whether it is a small batch of batter or a large one you need to prepare, this stainless steel mixing bowl will fit all your needs. One would call it a perfect mixing bowl, while another may reap its benefits by using it as a stirring bowl or even to knead dough. These bowls are durable, easy to clean, and come with an attractive mirror-finish. As they are stackable, they do not occupy much countertop or cupboard space, and its flat base provides superior stability.
- Set of 6 stainless steel bowls
- Made of shatter-proof materials
- Freezer and dishwasher-safe
- Measurement marks on the outside of the bowls
- Does not include lids
- Some may feel that the bowls are too thin
These glass mixing bowls are an excellent choice for when guests drop in unannounced and you find yourself scrambling to cook, heat, and serve food. Pyrex glass bowls are known for their non-porous qualities, which means that it doesn’t retain any odors or stains. These sturdy bowls come in a set of 3 in different sizes in which you can mix or serve food or also heat in the microwave. The unique rim of the bowls makes it easy to hold.
- Freezer- safe
- Thick and durable
- Easy to clean
- Does not include lids
- The size of the smallest bowl is too small making it uncomfortable to use for mixing
If you are looking for a good mixing bowl that is easy to use, easy to hold, and will last you a lifetime, you can turn your gaze towards this one. It comes in a set of 3 in different sizes to match your different cooking requirements. These high-quality steel mixing bowls also include air-tight lids, so you can store your batter, mixture, or leftovers in the refrigerator and re-use it later.
- Lightweight but sturdy
- The lids are not strong enough to stack something over it
If you are someone who embraces color in all aspects of your life, even your kitchen, this aqua blue mixing bowl set will be the perfect addition. You and your child can simultaneously whip up a cake batter together as it comes with 5 efficient mixing bowls in different sizes ranging from 1.5 to 5.5 Quart. Its non-slip base provides stability and eliminates the possibility of the bowl slipping from the counter or food being spilled. When not in use, you can nest the bowls away for storage.
- Each bowl comes with a pouring spout
- May not be microwave-friendly
Are you ready to prepare the biggest batch of homemade cookies you’ve ever attempted? If yes, you need these mixing bowls right away! The 1.5qt bowl can be used to whisk eggs, the 3qt bowl can be used to whip up some batter and used with electric mixers, while the 5qt bowl can be used for tossing popcorn or serving snacks for your guests. Not only does it come with a spout for easy pouring, but the rim comes with a non-slip handle.
- 3-piece set
- Non-skid bottom
- Available in 3 color combinations
- Not microwave-safe
Knead some dough away to glory or prepare a colossal amount of cookie batter with the help of this stainless steel large size mixing bowl. Its steel construction makes it durable, and it can also take quite a beating if you want to whisk up some vinaigrette. Easy to hold and use, it also features a flat base for stability. As it is made of steel, it also retains cold temperatures to allow your fish or meat to stay chilled while marinating.
- Large in size
- Available in 6 stackable sizes
- Can be used as a serving bowl
- Over time, it may get corroded with exposure to food with high salt concentrations
Bring joy and vibrant colors into your kitchen by incorporating these stainless steel mixing bowls with lids in your everyday cooking. It features a mirror-finish interior and is fingerprint-proof on the outside. Made of heavy-gauge, food-grade stainless steel, it can be used for mixing, storing food, and serving as well. It also comes with colorful air-tight lids that keep your food fresh for long periods.
- Set of 6
- Anti-slip silicone base
- The lids are flexible and BPA-free
- The bowls are deeper than standard bowls
- The lids do not snap on easily
If you want a mixing bowl that you can use forever, and can be passed on to your children as though it were brand new, you can place your bets on this one. Although it is made of thick stainless steel material, it is lightweight, making it easy to use and clean. Its non-slip silicone button keeps the vessel firmly grounded and is non-toxic as well. You can also use these bowls to store and keep your food fresh with the help of air-tight fitting lids.
- A set of 5 high-quality stainless steel bowls
- Measurement markings on the inside of the bowl
- Lids are BPA-free
- Top-rack dishwasher-safe
- Nests easily for convenient storage
- The lids are not dishwasher-safe
- The measurement markings may fade after repeatedly washing the bowl in the dishwasher
If glass and stainless steel mixing bowls are not your cups of tea, you can divert your gaze to this colorful set by Home Gourmet. Made of heavy-weight plastic, these bowls are bound to bring excitement to anything you prepare with the help of its vibrant colors. Available in a set of 6 in different colors and perfect sizes to fit your every mood and requirement, these bowls also nest together for easy storage. You can even use these bowls to serve or heat food.
- Made of non-toxic plastic
- The bowls tend to get very hot in the microwave
Can a kitchen be called a complete kitchen without a set of durable and versatile mixing bowls? We don’t think so. That is why every kitchen needs mixing bowls like these. Made of high-quality stainless steel, these bowls are lighter than glass and ceramic bowls. Its handles make it easy to hold while mixing, and its silicone base keeps the bowl firmly in place. It also features a spout for easy pouring.
- Silicone handles
- Inner measurement markings
- Air-tight lids
- Set of 3
- After extended use, the handles may become loose
One of the best mixing bowls with rave reviews, this 5 piece set can help you not only prepare a batter but also be used to measure, mix, store, and serve food. Made of premium-grade stainless steel, it features a mirror finish on the inside and a brushed finish on the outside. One of the unique features of this set is that the largest bowl comes with a removable center where the 3 graters provided can be used. The non-slip silicone bottom keeps it steady, and the bowls feature measurement markings as well.
- The measurement marking won’t fade
- Includes 3 types of graters
- Includes BPA-free lids
- Deep-bottomed bowls
- Safe to be used in a preheated oven
- Lids and graters are not dishwasher-safe
- The lids don’t stay on unless properly closed
If you are looking for the best mixing bowls made of glass, you can place your bets on this set. These nesting bowls come in a host of sizes, so you and your family can participate in a full-fledged cooking session together. It is 2.5 times more resistant to breaking than other glass bowls available in the market and can also withstand thermal shock from -4°F to 212°F. It is also impact and chip resistant. As these bowls are made of non-porous glass, it doesn’t retain any odors or colors. The tempered glass makes it ideal for both hot and cold foods and liquids.
- A set of 10 durable glass bowls
- Doesn’t absorb liquids or flavors
- It features a collar on the rim for easy stacking
- The smaller bowls are too small and can make mixing uncomfortable
Complete with a measuring cup, these mixing bowls mean business. If you are someone who likes to follow the recipe down to every milliliter, consider purchasing these bowls. The tempered glass makes the bowls and the measuring cup sturdy and durable enough to last you a lifetime. Unlike many standard measuring cups, this one is easy to hold while measuring, mixing, and pouring. The mixing bowls can even be popped into a preheated oven.
- Set of 4 including a measuring cup
- The glass doesn’t retain smells
- Safe for the freezer and dishwasher
- Doesn’t come with lids
Bring the colors of the ocean straight into your kitchen with these coastal colored mixing bowls. The set comes with sturdy bowls in different sizes, which can be used for various purposes like mixing, storing, and will be quite a pleasing sight to eyes when used as serving bowls. As it is microwave-safe, you can even heat your food in it. Featuring colors like white, navy, mint, and aqua, these bowls are BPA-free.
- 4 piece set
- Made with melamine-free plastic
- Non-slip silicone base
- Nests easily for stacking
- Top-rack dishwasher-safe
- Should not be used in an oven or stovetop
These stainless steel bowls will serve you well if you enjoy baking and inviting people over for lunch and dinner. This versatile set of 3 mixing bowls in different sizes is ideal for food-prepping and mixing batters and vinaigrette. Made of 18/10 polished stainless steel, these bowls also come with integrated handles that lend you a comfortable grip. The exterior is of an attractive mirror-finish, and the bowls are stain-resistant too.
- Easily stackable for storage
- Non-reactive to acidic foods
- Dishwasher safe
- Doesn’t feature measurement markings
How To Choose The Right Mixing Bowl?
Choosing the best mixing bowls can be a tricky task, but you need to figure out which material would suit you best. Let’s take a look at the advantages and disadvantages of glass, plastic, and stainless steel mixing bowls.
- Glass: As glass in a non-reactive material, it won’t interfere with the taste, color, or texture of the food. It’s also an excellent material to consider if you use your microwave oven often. Since most glass bowls are non-porous, it doesn’t absorb or retain any flavors, smells, or colors. You can also look for tempered glass as they are freezer-safe and temperature-resistant. However, one must be careful while using glass mixing bowls as a slight slip of the hand could make it fall and shatter into a million pieces.
- Plastic: Plastic mixing bowls rarely need an introduction. It’s the first material we think of when purchasing most household and kitchen items. It’s affordable, lightweight, and takes a lot of force and rough handling to break or crack. Most plastic bowls also come with plastic lids, which can help you store food for later use. The downside is that plastic can melt easily and may also retain odors.
- Stainless Steel: If it’s a durable and almost impossible to break mixing bowl you want, you should stick to stainless steel. Yes, it won’t shatter even after years of taking a rough beating from hand mixers. Although it is sturdy, it is lightweight and is readily available in large sizes too. However, you can’t use these bowls to heat food in a microwave oven and may not serve as the most attractive serving bowls.
2. The shape of the bowl
It is always wise to invest in a deep mixing bowl. It makes whisking, mixing, and even cleaning it easier. It can also help raise dough better and keep it hydrated. When it comes to the bowl size of large mixing bowls, it is important to note that when they are not being used in the kitchen, it can be used to serve food items like popcorn and chips.
3. Sturdy base
There are some accidents in the kitchen, which can be avoided like batter spilling out and the bowls falling off the countertops. Look for a bowl that comes with a silicone anti-slip base.
4. Comfortable rim or handle
When buying a mixing bowl, it is also important to check how comfortable it feels in your grip. Pick one with a collared rim or a handle that allows for a firm grip.
Let’s step into the kitchen and prepare a fresh batch of choco-chip cookies or that famous banana-bread recipe that everyone’s been talking about. All you need are some good mixing bowls and a whole lot of enthusiasm. Do let us know if you found a mixing bowl to your liking from this list of the 15 best mixing bowls.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Our team of seasoned product writers and reviewers have rich experience researching and writing about products to make shopping easier. We have listed the best mixing bowls by analyzing several informative websites and detailed user reviews on different e-commerce forums and comparing several products. Moreover, we have also listed the pros and cons of each product to help you with your buying decision.
Every cook knows the importance of a good mixing bowl. This essential kitchen appliance allows you to mix ingredients with ease and whip up delicious dishes in minutes. However, as mixing bowls come in various shapes, sizes, and materials, making the right choice is crucial. The best mixing bowls are sturdy yet lightweight and made of BPA-free and scratch-resistant materials. They are also stackable, easy to clean, and dishwasher- and freezer-safe. To ensure that they do not tip over while mixing, choose those with a non-skid bottom.