Our skin produces some amount of oil. However, oily skin is usually accompanied by enlarged pores and a shiny complexion. When your face overproduces natural oils, using moisturizers may seem counterintuitive.
But like other skin types, oily skin also needs proper moisturizers for hydration. According to dermatologists, moisturization is an important step in the daily skincare routine. However, not all moisturizers are the same, and an unsuitable moisturizing cream or lotion could make the skin oilier and more prone to acne. If you have oily skin, you must get a moisturizer formulated for oily skin types.
This list features some of the best moisturizers for oily skin in India. Read on and choose one that best suits your skincare routine.
15 Best Moisturizers for Oily skin In India
This lightweight, non-greasy lotion serves as a moisturizer while offering UV SPF15 sun protection. It stays on the skin for 12 hours and is gentle on the skin without any dye and oil formula. The cream can also be used with make-up and works well when applied every day before going to bed and early in the morning.
- Safe against skin allergies
- Doesn’t cause blackheads by blocking the skin pores
- Suitable for all kinds of skin — dry, normal, and oily
- Quick absorption
- Creates softer, smoother, and younger skin
- Unisex cream; useful for both men and women
- Pea size application is enough
- May not be good for use on damaged or broken skin
Are you looking for a complete vegan skin moisturizer? Plum Green’s products consist of green tea extracts and glycolic acid, which can replenish and hydrate your skin. This moisturizer provides a clean and fresh appearance by repairing the skin from the inside. Most importantly, it is 100% vegan and does not contain parabens or phthalates.
- Offers non-shiny matt finish to prevent unwanted glossiness
- Combats acne
- Formulated specially to not block the skin pores
- Pleasant after-feel
- Helps maintain natural, plump skin
- Anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial
- Specially formulated for oily skin
- May not be suitable for normal and dry skin
UrbanBotanics offers a matte moisturizing cream with neem and basil extracts. The cream hydrates and soothes the skin through its rich and high-quality ingredients. The application of five dots on the skin, including the face and the neck, is sufficient for daily results. While it is suitable for both normal and dry skin, this moisturizer is thoroughly beneficial for oily skin as it does not leave any sticky residue.
- Non-comedogenic ingredients
- Suitable for acne-prone skin
- Leaves the skin smooth and supple
- Does not result in acne breakouts
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
- Refines the pores to keep them clean and breathable
- May not contain SPF
This moisturizer is perfect for oily and acne-prone skin. It has an ultra-light formula to reduce the chance of more acne by reducing the size of the pores on the skin and keeping the skin fresh. The matte appearance on the face can be maintained for a long time. The moisturizer takes away the excess oil on the face.
- Developed in WHO-GMP certified facility
- Massaging with the fingertips produces the best result
- Suitable for sensitive skin type too
- Contains Saccharide Isomerate and Cydonia Oblonga
- Works effectively for up to six hours of application
- May not protect from sun damage
Gentle, light moisturizing creams are easy to spread and absorb by the skin. Kaya’s purifying nourishing products bring the softness of the natural elements and few chemical combinations for the best results to your skin. The cream can be used at night before going to bed and in the morning after cleansing.
- Perfume-free formula
- Repairs the skin from within
- Doesn’t cause pores on the face and neck
- Massaging in an upward direction produces greater results
- Has extract of rose, almond, and aloe vera
- Gives a matte finish
- Hydrates the skin
- Some people may experience perspiration on application
Acrofy’s moisturizing cream is an ideal choice for acne-prone skin. The lock formula can control excessive sebum and protect your skin from unnecessary acne bumps. The best part of Acrofy lotion is that it can make your skin soft, supple, and moisturize your skin well. It does not contain any scent or perfume. Further, the cream is oil-free and does not clog the pores on the skin. Whether it is morning or evening, you can use this moisturizer regularly for the best results.
- Oil and fragrance-free
- Pea-sized amount is enough to moisturize the face
- Works best after the skin is cleansed
- Locks moisture on the skin
- Sebum regulator
- Reduces the black spots
- You may require additional sunscreen
This cream-based moisturizer from Cipla is alcohol-free and odorless. Because it does not contain parabens, it is suitable for many skin types. It reduces sebum secretion, thereby reducing the oiliness of the skin. It is also non-comedogenic, so it can keep the skin pores free from any blockage.
- Has matte feel
- Keeps oily skin dry
- Suitable for acne-prone skin
- May not be suitable for sensitive skin
- May be greasy
- Contain Ethylhexyl palmitate, a highly comedogenic ingredient that can cause skin pores to be blocked
Attitude Moisturizer contains SPF 8 sunscreen, which helps protect the skin from UV rays. It is a gentle moisturizing lotion specially designed for normal skin. It moisturizes dry skin and helps smoothen and soften the skin.
- Contains vitamin A, C, and E
- Presence of natural extracts like Aloe Vera, Avocado, and grapeseed extracts
- Comes in an easy-to-use tube
- The liquid-based cream spreads well
- May be greasy
This skin cream has a mild scent and has light properties to prevent the formation of acne and pimples. It does not cause skin irritation and can be safely included in your daily skincare routine. For best results, you must apply it to the face and the neck regularly.
- Has extracts of aloe vera and vitamin E
- Can be applied to acne-prone skin too
- Exclusive formulation for oily skin
- The cream gets absorbed well
- Contains Squalene, a skin-friendly ingredient
- May not contain SPF
Jovees lotion has a vital skin moisturizing element and is suitable for sensitive and oily skin. It keeps the skin fresh and supple. Another advantage of the cream is its effectiveness on dark spots. The cream has a light and mild scent and can be applied regularly for good results.
- Controls pimples due to its hydrating properties
- Doesn’t leave any smell on the face
- Works on combination skin as well
- Quick absorption
- May not be water-resistant
WOW is a vinegar-based moisturizer, oil-free and quick to use, suitable for all kinds of skin, including normal, oily, and acne-prone skin. It does not contain parabens and silicones. Besides, it also contains mineral oil to enhance the softness of the skin.
- Hydrates the sensitive skin
- Contains apple cider vinegar for good skin
- Contains natural compounds like beetroot extracts
- Keeps the skin oil-free
- Long-lasting and non-sticky
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- The scent of the cream may not be likable by all
Phy provides an ultra-light moisturizing cream for men that can make the skin look fresh, healthy, and even-toned. This moisturizer is lightweight and has fast absorption capacity, which is especially suitable for oily and acne-prone skin types. This moisturizer contains extracts of lemon peel, green tea, and glycolic acid.
- Comes in an oil form, which spreads quickly
- It is silicone-free
- It keeps the skin complexion even
- Natural exfoliation
- Only for men
This cream is ideally suitable for oily skin because it effectively brightens the top surface. It reduces spots and heals acne. A gentle massage with the cream helps it blend well into the skin. It can clean and condition the skin in proper proportions to maintain a healthy layer.
- Ideal for frequent skincare
- Contains essential oils of lemongrass
- Consists of natural components like aloe vera juice and jojoba oil
- Extracts of juniper berry and cucumber are great for skin
- Consistency of the product may not be good
This matte moisturizing cream is suitable for acne-prone and oily skin and can restore the skin’s suppleness. It tightens the pores, thereby helping to obtain a shiny, radiant complexion. It controls the secretion of sebum and softens the top layer of the skin.
- Doesn’t block the skin pores
- Contains natural skin bio-actives
- Creates an even skin tone
- Reduces the sebum production
- The application pump may not work well
Ideal for oily skin, this cream does not have the greasy feel normally associated with moisturizers. Tulip and green almond extracts can keep your face cool and moisturized. Besides, 15 Vaadi herbals can deeply clean the pores and have a regulating effect.
- Prevents pimples, acne, skin irritation, and allergies
- Helps develop soft-to-touch skin
- Controls production of sebum
- Offers relief from dullness of the skin
- Tulip in the cream offers skin lightening properties
- May be comedogenic
Skin health is primary to look and feel good. Healthy skin is the result of proper cleansing, exfoliation, and moisturizing. When it comes to moisturizer, a cream with oil-control properties is essential for maintaining the skin’s natural moisture and obtaining radiant skin.