The best morning sickness teas are intended to settle nausea and other abdominal discomforts that one feels during the first few months of pregnancy. Most of these tea contains natural ingredients such as ginger, chamomile, honey, lemon, etc., and are safe for intake. Also, regular consumption of hot beverages can reduce the chances of cancer and stomach ulcers (1). So, go ahead and check out these morning sickness teas that’ll make the pregnancy journey easier for you.
Our Top Picks
Let’s check out some of the best morning sickness tea options you can go for.
11 Best Teas For Morning Sickness
Pink Stork morning sickness tea is made with a unique blend of herbs, including red rooibos and ginger, to support a healthy pregnancy, digestion, and nausea relief. Female herbalists formulate it, and the unique blend could provide relief from morning sickness and improves digestion. Preparing this tea is easy as well.
- Relieves constipation
- 100% organic with zero genetic modification
- Offers a total of 30 cups; two cups in each sachet
- Good tea for pregnancy cramps
- Caffeine-free formulation
The Earth Mama organic morning wellness tea is another one to consider when looking for some refreshment during pregnancy. Its organic ingredients, including ginger root, spearmint leaf, chamomile flower, orange peel, lemon balm leaf, and peppermint leaf, provide instant refreshment, making it a pregnancy-safe tea. It can also prevent occasional morning sickness and pregnancy nausea during the initial weeks of pregnancy.
- Ginger-mint flavor
- Available in tea bags
- USDA-certified 100% organic tea
- Non-GMO verified
- Naturally caffeine-free
When it comes to soothing pregnancy discomforts, the Traditional Medicinals organic herbal tea is formulated with the choicest herbs that ease pregnancy discomfort. This minty and sweet morning sickness tea with notes of citrus and spicy flavors can cheer up a bloated body and mind. It can be taken at any time of the day and comes in a pack of two boxes to last long. If you need further convincing, check out this YouTuber’s review.
- Supports healthy pregnancy
- Kosher-certified, non-GMO, 100% organic and Fair Wild verified
- High-quality herbs from ethical trading partnerships
- 16 sealed tea bags in each box
The Munchkin Milkmakers organic prenatal tea for morning sickness and nausea relief with ginger and red raspberry leaf tea can treat stomach pain during pregnancy. Its unique ingredient, organic red raspberry leaf, is rich in antioxidants, vitamins B, C, potassium, zinc, and iron, which help alleviate nausea in pregnancy and eases delivery. The tea also contains organic ginger, a natural root that helps soothe morning sickness.
- Organic herbal pregnancy tea helps soothe occasional heartburn
- Certified organic and naturally caffeine-free
- Mild and unflavored for easier digestion
- Delicious both hot and iced
- Contains 12 biodegradable and reusable sachets
- Makes 36 cups
- Climate pledge-friendly
- USDA organic-certified
The Oat Mama morning sickness tea with Meyer lemon and ginger is helpful for nausea, morning sickness, and stomach cramps during pregnancy. This tea is specifically formulated for nausea relief during the first three months of pregnancy. Lemon’s soothing and refreshing aroma, along with ginger’s natural healing properties, aid in nausea relief, allowing the stomach to settle.
Ingredients such as polyphenols also help in developing a healthy gut, boosting antioxidants. Oat mama tea has a delicious taste, too, no matter whether you take it hot or cold, making it a great remedy for morning sickness.
- Nourishment for the mother and baby
- 100% natural and safe
- Made with organic ingredients
- Delicious taste
- Makes 28 cups
- Created by moms
Sparkling Mama’s Fizzelixir is an effervescent supplement powder that dissolves easily into any beverage for morning sickness relief. Fizzelixir is doctor-approved and is safe for the mom and the baby during pregnancy. Added minerals, such as vitamin B6, help maintain the energy needed during pregnancy. Its magnesium content helps reduce muscle cramping associated with pregnancy and allows for a restful night’s sleep. It is also one of the best morning sickness tea options that combine raspberry, mint, citrus & ginger in one dose.
- Provides fast relief
- Vegan non-GMO
- All-natural flavors
- Contains folic acid and magnesium
- Available as a two-flavor pack comprising 16 stick counts
The pregnancy tea from the Secrets of Tea has a unique blend of organic ingredients like rooibos, peppermint, lemon balm, lemon verbena, and chamomile with a minty flavor. It can relieve pregnant ladies from various discomforts like morning sickness, cramps, nausea, and constipation. It is formulated with time-honored ingredients to maximize its soothing effect and provide overall health development.
- Peppermint flavored
- Natural, organic, and herbal
- Can be served hot or cold
- No caffeine
- Safe for mom and baby
- Biodegradable sachets
- 20 sachets with 40 serving per pack
The special blend of organic herbs-chamomile, lavender, rose hips, lemon balm and licorice in this green tea for nausea helps you fall asleep quickly and relieve morning sickness. This tea combines the calming and relaxing qualities of soothing lavender, chamomile, and other powerful ingredients to help with relaxation. Taking it twice a day can calm the mind and ease tension.
- Sweet and smooth taste
- Natural flavors
- Delicious hot or iced
- 100% organic
- Each pack provides 40 servings
- Available as tea bags
The Bamboobies morning sickness relief tea is a delicious and relaxing way to relieve nausea and upset stomach during pregnancy. Ginger, a prime ingredient in Bamboobies tea, is a natural herbal remedy for nausea. This ginger tea is made with a proprietary blend of herbs and other natural ingredients. It is completely free from GMOs, soy, wheat, tree nuts, animal products, preservatives, artificial ingredients, dairy, or peanuts.
- Available in lemon ginger flavor
- Biodegradable sachets
- Provides ten servings
The Fairhaven Health pregnancy tea is a delightful herbal tea formulated especially for pregnant women, bringing together a special blend of organic and all-natural ingredients. Its strawberry leaf extracts help strengthen and tone the uterus, also providing important vitamins, minerals, and alkaloids that help sustain a healthy pregnancy.
Other essential ingredients include alfalfa, dandelion leaf, oat straw, and ginger root. Lemon verbena in the tea gives it a brisk, energizing lemon flavor. Ice chips made from Tea-for-Two during labor offer fluids and nutrition, making it one of the best morning sickness tea options.
- Delicious herbal tea formulated for pregnancy relief
- Organic tea made of all-natural ingredients
- Relieves morning sickness
- Complements overall pregnancy wellness
- Serves as a one-month supply
- Available in the form of loose leaves
The gentle, calming tea for anxiety and nausea relief for pregnant women from Birds and Bees Teas is ideal for relieving morning sickness, pregnancy nausea, and mild anxiety. This tea can support hormonal transition during pregnancy and calm your insides. A good replacement of ginger tea for morning sickness imparts a sense of inner peace and calm for mild anxiety & nervousness. It is specially formulated for pregnant mamas for morning sickness, blending loose leaf ingredients so children, pregnant moms, and older people can enjoy them without worrying.
- Pure herbal ingredients
- Breastfeeding safety
- 100% natural, organic, and caffeine-free
- Guaranteed satisfaction with a 30-day refund
- Supports up to 30 servings
How To Choose The Right Tea For Morning Sickness?
Consider the following points when selecting the best morning sickness tea.
- Discomfort relief: Morning sickness, especially during pregnancy, can create a lot of trouble. Nausea, vomiting, upset stomach, stomach pain, digestion problem, constipation, etc., are other pregnancy-related issues that such a tea should relieve.
- Health benefits: Consider a tea that can help the healthy development of the mother and the baby. Check the associated benefits to confirm your choice of tea with the necessary vitamins and other nutrients. Drinking tea during pregnancy aids in the overall intake of fluids too.
- Caffeine: Caffeine as an ingredient is a big no-no when it comes to pregnancy beverages as it is a dehydrating agent. Go for a tea with the lowest milligrams of caffeine, or that’s altogether free of this ingredient.
- Aroma: A refreshing aroma also elevates the overall mood. Make sure it is from natural ingredients and can be used for a quick morning sickness tea recipe.
- Herbal: Natural ingredients, including lemon, ginger, peppermint, chamomile, etc.’ make herbal tea intrinsically beneficial during pregnancy.
Teas To Avoid During Pregnancy
The following is a list of teas you might want to avoid during pregnancy due to the not-so-great health benefits that they offer.
- Matcha/Green tea (With high caffeine content, green tea aids in the absorption of folate. In case you take multiple cups of green tea in a day, you might want to reduce such consumption to not more than a cup per day.)
- Hibiscus tea
- Aloe vera tea
- Lichee tea
- Ginseng tea
- Anise tea
- Barberry tea
Why Trust MomJunction?
We have conducted extensive research on multiple related forums to compile this list of the best teas to relieve morning sickness in pregnant women. The post also includes some tips to keep in mind to choose the right tea for you and some teas to avoid during pregnancy. Many of these teas have been certified by reliable organizations to guarantee their authenticity.
Remedies like hot water or hot beverages, such as tea, can be beneficial during pregnancy, minus the side effects of antiemetic drugs. Although vomiting and morning sickness are natural, it is always recommended to consult your health care provider before starting any home remedy. Consider our list above to choose the best morning sickness tea.
- Stomach Ulcer Diet; Gastrointestinal Society