A cup of coffee is best enjoyed warm. But sometimes, you are so busy that you have no time to finish your coffee before it turns cold. In such situations, a mug warmer can come to your rescue.
A mug warmer is a compact electronic machine with heating coils activated when connected to electric power. Placing your coffee mug on its surface keeps your coffee hot until you finish it. These machines are available in various sizes and are easy to accommodate on a regular working desk. Plus, they are extremely simple to operate.
There is a large variety of mug warmers available in the market. Here, we have compiled a list featuring some of the best mug warmers to buy in 2020. Read on to know which mug warmer will suit you best.
Types Of Mug Warmers
There are different types of mug warmers to cater to your preference. Here are a few of the common ones.
- Travel mug: This is not a mug warmer per se, but it does keep your beverage warm for a long time. It is an insulated mug similar to a thermos flask and keeps the coffee warm for hours after you have brewed it.
- Electric heating mug: The more advanced version of a travel mug, this heating cup comes with rechargeable battery power to heat this insulated cup. It can be used anywhere, as it may not always require an electric connection.
- Hot plate: Like an induction stove, a hot plate comes mostly with a round surface that gets heated up on electric power. It can keep your mug warm throughout the day.
- USB port mug warmers: For the tech-savvy, this is a mug warmer that draws power from a USB port. If you spend too much time glued to your PC or laptop, this one can come handy.
A mug warmer is a heating device that needs to be used with the utmost caution and care to avoid accidents. Here are some safety tips to follow when using a mug heater.
- Do not touch the heating pad’s surface when it is plugged in or after it was used recently.
- Ensure that it is not accessible to children.
- In case of an accidental spill of liquid, wipe it off immediately. Do not let the liquid dry on it.
- Switch the warmer off and unplug it from the socket when not in use or left unattended.
- Do not try to open the shell of the device.
15 Best Mug Warmers To Buy In 2020
You have been so engrossed in your work that you did not notice your coffee turn icy cold. Do not worry. Wait for just two minutes for this mug warmer to give you a warm cup of coffee. This 17-watt mug warmer can heat not just your coffee but also your tea, hot cocoa, and other beverages. It comes with a long power cord so you can place it at your convenience.
- Quick heating
- Surface is easy to wipe and clean
- Indicator light alert when the beverage is hot
Designed for Disney fans, this coffee mug warmer with a matching Mickey Mouse mug will brighten your day. Apart from your coffee, it can also keep your soup and tea warm in the mug for a long time. Its compact design makes it convenient to place on any desk at work or at home. It is also available in a Minnie Mouse theme.
- Durable build
- Attractive design
- Long power cord
- Power light in the shape of Mickey’s head
If everything on your work desk is esthetically pleasing, then why buy a bland cup warmer? This decorative coffee mug heater is as good to look as it is functional. Use it at home, office, or your dorm – it will fit right in anywhere. It comes with non-stick heated plates that offer 24-watts of heat to keep any of your favorite beverages hot for a long while.
- Unique design
- Wide heating plate
- Easy to wipe clean
- Neon light indicates current function mode
This 19-watt mug warmer works best for mugs with a flat bottom. Its USP is its gravity induction technology that eliminates the need to manually switch it on or off. Just place your mug of coffee over it, and it will start heating automatically. Remove your cup, and it will stop instantly. It is reliable and safe to use.
- Automatic switch
- Easy to wipe clean
- Waterproof design
- Available in different colors
If looking for a durable mug warmer, then take a look at this stainless steel mug heater set, which includes a stainless steel mug. It has a sturdy design that resists spills and gives you temperature reading in both Fahrenheit and Celsius. The center of the mug is covered with a silicone sleeve to protect your hand from the hot cup and also to prevent accidental slips.
- Mug made of rust-free, food-grade, 304 stainless steel
- Heat-resistant handle
- Bright LED display shows the temperature
- Effective thermal efficiency
- Lid has space for a spoon
Wondering if a beverage warmer could be used to heat anything else? Yes, it can. At least this mug warmer can be used not only to keep your tea or coffee warm but also to warm candles and wax. It is extremely lightweight so you can carry it anywhere with you, including a camping trip. It comes with a red light indicator, so you know when it is functional and when it is not.
- Sleek design
- Extended cord
- Easy and safe to use
- Can be placed on any desk
You do not have to drink your coffee or soup at room temperature anymore, as this electric mug warmer will keep it warm for you. Its power switch is an illuminated light button. You can also use this to warm your candles to release their aroma and leave the room smelling fresh and fragrant without exposing it to open flame.
- Anti-slip grip on legs
- Suitable for home and office use
- Available in an attractive white color
Available in the classic white color, this sleek coffee warmer comes with a gravity sensor button that switches on and off automatically. It provides constant heat that retains the warmth of your beverage. It is compatible with almost all kinds of cups, such as ceramic, glass, stainless steel, and so on.
- Tempered panel easy to wipe clean
- Slim build and is easy to store
Made from good quality PTC material, this 20W mug warmer boasts of effective thermal conductivity that can heat your coffee in no time. It gives you the option of three different temperatures that is indicated with a light behind a thermostat button. It is compatible with most cups with a flat base.
- Automatic shut-off
- Gravity sensing switch technology
- Waterproof panel
If the price does not concern you too much, you may want to look at this coffee mug warmer. It comes with three temperature settings and is most effective on glasses with a flat bottom. It uses a PTC ceramic heating mechanism for stable heat transfer. It automatically shuts off in two hours to prevent any instances of overheating.
- Power saving heating process
- Heats up quickly
- Attractive design
This cup warmer features a ceramic heating sheet and is compatible with most types of coffee mugs. It comes with an eight-hour shut-off feature, so do not worry about forgetting to switch it off after use. It maintains a constant temperature at 55℃, which leaves your beverage neither too hot nor too cold.
- Easy to wipe clean with cloth or towel
- Simple design
- Available in white color
Sleek and compact, this coffee mug warmer will easily fit in your handbag. Its microgravity-sensing feature shuts off the device the moment you lift the cup off it. It is compatible with most types of cups and can maintain a constant temperature at the push of a button. Its non-skid feet ensure that it remains in place when in use.
- Tempered glass
- Resistant to abrasions
- Low power insulation
This mug warmer uses a cup sensing technology that automatically switches the device on and off. It even shuts off automatically after eight hours. Made from an aluminum alloy, it is functional and easy to use. It comes with an extended plug, so you do not have to struggle to look for the most suitable place for it. It also offers two temperature settings.
- Conductive glass surface is easy to wipe clean
- Available in two colors
- Ideal for gifting
Ceramics, metal, or glass, this coffee warmer can heat any type of mug and beverage. Its two-temperature option allows you to decide how hot you want your beverage to be. Its aviation aluminum frame makes it sturdy while the high temperature resistant tempered glass ensures that the machine lasts you a long time.
- Auto shut-off option after eight hours
- Resistant to water and dust
- Attractive design makes it an ideal gifting option
- Available in different colors and designs
If classy is your style, then this mug warmer could be your pick. The mug warmer comes with a premium quality ABS plastic exterior, which offers great durability. It heats up within five minutes and provides stable heat of 130 ℉ / 55℃. Its glass-ceramic heating plate is easy to clean and maintain, as it protects the warmer from spills and stains.
- Two temperature settings
- Waterproof glass surface
- Easy to wipe clean
- Sunken design prevents the mug from falling
- Auto shut-off after two hours
How To Choose The Right Mug Warmer?
You can look for the following features while shopping for your mug warmer.
- Material: These warmers are available in different materials, from plastic to stainless steel. The better the quality of the mug heater, the more features, such as LED display, temperature control, and auto shut-off, may have. Make a choice based on your need and budget.
- Size: If you like sipping warm coffee throughout the day while working at your desk, you should look for a small coffee mug warmer that can be easily accommodated on your desk. If you do not intend to keep it at your desk and wish to use it to heat other stuff like candles and wax, then you can look for a bigger option.
- Automatic shut off: For forgetful users, appliances with an automatic shut off feature can be a good option. Some mug warmers come with the automatic shut off function and an indicator so that you do not have to keep a constant eye on the device.
- Cord: Even if your mug warmer is compact and tiny enough to place on your desk, you may not have a free electrical socket to plug it in. It is always better to have a long, extendable cord so you can make do with whichever socket is free and closest to your work desk.
- Portability: If you just cannot function without some coffee in your system, then you might prefer a lightweight, portable mug warmer that will go anywhere with you. This way, there will be no cut in the supply of your constant dose of coffee no matter where you go.
- Price: Lastly, multiple features in a mug warmer can influence its price and affect your budget. Mug warmers are available in a wide price range of $9 to $40. Skim through the options and select the one that offers the most value for money.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long do mug warmers stay warm?
This varies from device to device. A few cup warmers listed above use a gravity induction mechanism in which the heat transfer process lasts for as long as the mug is placed on the device. The moment you remove the mug, it starts to cool down. Other mug warmers can remain hot for different time periods, ranging from an hour to five hours.
- What size cups do mug warmers hold?
A regular mug warmer is designed to hold an average flat bottom coffee mug with a base of around 80 mm. But some mug warmers may come with a wider heating surface to allow you to heat more than just a cup of coffee.
- Is it safe to wash the mug warmer in a dishwasher?
No. A mug warmer is an electrical appliance that cannot be exposed to water. Some mug warmers are spill-resistant but still should not be immersed in water. Exposing a mug warmer to water spoils it and can render it useless. Instead, when the heating pad is cold and not in use, you can wipe it clean with a cloth or towel.
A coffee mug warmer is almost like a life-saving invention for those who cannot do without their coffee. When used with caution and care, this device can last you for years. The list above contains some of the most popular mug warmers available online. Hope it helps you make the right choice.