If you are a musician, you might be well aware of the pain you have to endure when performing or practicing in a poorly lit room or every time the lights go out. To avoid this frustration, you need the best music stand lights. Why strain your eyes and put yourself at risk when you can buy a portable music light stand that works like a charm and helps you read your sheet music and play your instruments effortlessly?
The market is replete with music stand lights from several manufacturers, but we understand that choosing the best from the options available online can be a daunting task. Furthermore, you might also want to learn a few tips on choosing the right music stand light or learn more about music stand lights before buying one. Well, we’ve got you covered.
Keep scrolling as we have compiled a comprehensive list of the best music stand lights that can help you strum the right strings, hit the right chords, and eventually reach your music goals. The options on this list are portable, lightweight, sleek, energy-efficient, and adjustable. Moreover, they also distribute light evenly.
Top Products From Our List
11 Best Music Stand Lights
If you’re on a tight budget but looking for something that is portable and can be used for more than just lighting up your music stand, Teecoo’s unique musical light stand can help you with just that. This tool can either be powered through a USB cable or with AAA batteries. Thanks to its clamp that doubles as a stand, it can also either be used as a desk lamp or even with your laptop to illuminate your keyboard. The light stand also has a 360° range of motion with 4 levels of brightness, giving you complete control over your lighting needs.
- Multi-purpose lamp, that comes with a clamp cum stand
- Powered via USB and AAA batteries, making it semi-wireless
- 2 gooseneck lamps with 360° range of motion
- 4 brightness settings for varied use
- Product is highly dependant on power supply, so make sure to use fully charged AAA batteries
Here’s a music stand lamp that every professional can appreciate. This product is highly versatile with 9 brightness settings, including color temperature, ranging from 3000 k to 6500 k white light. It is even capable of providing mixed light. Each color temperature is also adjustable, with a low, medium, and high setting. Thanks to its broad beam design, the lamp can fit 19 LED beads that can illuminate your sheet music. It also comes with an in-built anti-glare shield and a backplate to prevent the light from shining onto the audience.
- Attached 2.36-inch clip with padding for a secure grip
- Chargeable lamp with an indicator light
- Adjustable color temperature and brightness
- The joints of the gooseneck lamp tend to wear out quickly
If you have ever been part of an orchestra or a band, you probably already know the hassle of trying to read your sheet music on a dimly lit stage. Well, fret not, as the Kootek Music Light Stand was introduced to fix that problem. Thanks to its unique padded clamp, you’ll never have to worry about having to readjust the lamp again. It even comes with its rechargeable lithium battery, which can last through several sets before needing a recharge. The lamp is elegantly designed with 10 LED lights with 2 brightness settings and an adjustable gooseneck to control the height and angle of the light.
- Can be charged via USB or provided A/C adaptor
- Portable & Lightweight
- 10 LED lights with 2 brightness settings
- Strong padded clamp with a secure grip
- The rechargeable battery is irreplaceable, so you’d have to take care while charging
You’re probably wondering how this product made it to our, but worry not, this little miracle of technology will not disappoint you. If multi-purposed was personified, this little gizmo is precisely just that; with a sleek design, it has 9 LED lights that can illuminate your sheet music and has adjustable color temperatures with 3 levels each. The color ranges from white light to warm light and even natural light. Each temperature also has an adjustable brightness control ranging from low to high. This lamp also has built-in eye-care technology that ensures your eyes will never feel strained from the light.
- USB & battery powered using 3 AAA batteries
- A small yet cute design makes it incredibly portable
- Adjustable clamp with padding for grip
- Controllable light temperatures and brightness
- Due to its lightweight and small design, the lamp is quite fragile
5. Lumiens L9
Here is a product that can be considered one of the best music light stands in the market. Lumiens’ L9 LED stand light is a little on the bulkier side and maybe a little difficult always to carry around. However, this by no means should discourage you from purchasing this product. Thanks to its size, the lamp can fit LED lights that are slightly bigger than other lamps, illuminating a larger area. The 9 LED lights also have 2 brightness levels and are powered either via USB or 3 AA batteries.
- Fully adjustable with a gooseneck stem that is 10-inches long
- Low power consumption and can last up to 20 hours
- Built with an optical grade lens that distributes the light evenly
- Clip with a silicon pad to prevent damaging objects
- Not having being chargeable along with its size may be an issue for some
Another note-worthy LED music light stand is Mighty Bright’s Encore music stand light. Offering a sleek design that provides light at 55 lumens of brightness due to its 6 energy-efficient LED bulbs. Engineered with an optical grade lens that evenly distributes light and a sturdy clip to clasp onto a music stand or even be used free-standing! The lamp also has 2 brightness functions that can be activated via its sliding switch, and it also has a highly flexible gooseneck stem for adjustability and a back fin to protect your audience from the bright lights.
- Powered by both A/C adapter and 3 AAA batteries
- Easily foldable for transport or storage
- Ships with a Mighty Bright travel bag
- Uses 6 energy-efficient LED lights
- The body is susceptible to temperature wear and tear, making it possibly hazardous
Are you ooking for a discreet lamp that won’t disturb others when using it at home or in your dorm? VONT’s LED clip light can help you with that as it is fitted with 10 LED lights that provide 90 lumens of brightness. The lamp has an in-built rechargeable battery of 1000 mAh and lasts up to 8 hours on 1 charge. The clip of this lamp is designed to have a wide grip ensuring stability, along with its flexible gooseneck stem that has an extensive range of motion. You’ll be able to rest assured that it’ll stay still in your preferred setting.
- Durable gooseneck stem that doesn’t wear out easily
- Rechargeable and can last for 8 hours continuously
- Discrete brightness that won’t disturb others in the same vicinity
- The unique clip is built to be easily disassembled and sometimes leads to it falling apart easily
Here’s a product that is widely acclaimed as the best music stand light available today! This rechargeable music light is fitted with a large 1800 mAh battery that can last for up to 30 hours on its low settings and around 12 hours with max brightness. The lamp comes with a 6.5 foot USB charger and possesses 2 easy-access buttons, one for the power on/off and the other to control its 2 brightness settings. Coming with a travel bag, this lightweight lamp can reach a brightness of 100 lumens with its 10 LED lights, allowing you to illuminate at least 4 music sheets at a time.
- Multi-functional with a sturdy clip and flexible gooseneck stem
- Lightweight and portable, and weighing only 8 ounces
- Possesses a large capacity battery that lasts for several hours
- Durable yet sleek design
- The longevity of the product is tied to the battery health of the lamp
The Glorious-Lite Music Stand Light is an energy-efficient, lightweight and portable product powered by either 3 AA batteries or USB. Designed to house a row of 14 LED lights that can provide powerful light. It is also designed with eye-care technology, does not give off any harsh glare, and is non-flickering. This lamp is also highly versatile and can be used with either piano, music stands, or even just as a desk lamp. The lamp provides 2 brightness levels that are interchangeable, and it even has a backplate to protect the audience from the bright lights.
- Intelligently designed, with energy efficiency and portability in mind
- Designed with eye-care technology
- Houses 14 comfortable yet powerful LED lights
- The lamp arm is highly adjustable
- The product’s longevity can be put at risk with extensive use
If you’re looking for a low-consumption lamp that can provide ample illumination, the Vshinic Music Stand might be a good investment. Powered by either 3 AA batteries or a USB power supply, this portable lamp can produce a surprisingly bright light with just 9 LEDs attached with 2 brightness functions. Its flexible yet sturdy gooseneck arm possesses a 360°range of motion and can hold any position because of it. The clip is built with a silicone pad to protect the clammed area from damages.
- Versatile lamp with a sleek design
- Low power consumption and can last for up to 20 hours on low settings
- Silicon pad in clamp prevents it from damaging gripped surfaces
- The power button is inconveniently located, and you may have to unclip the lamp to power on/off
iGoober’s innovative musical light stand can help you if you’re on a budget but want something that’s both portable and can be used for more than just lighting up your music stand. This light stand is a rechargeable lamp that uses a USB, and thanks to its clamp that doubles as a stand, it may be used as a desk lamp or even with your laptop to illuminate your keyboard. The light stand can rotate 360 degrees and has 3 brightness levels, providing maximum control over your lighting needs. The lamp is also designed with eye-care technology.
- Designed to be smooth on the eyes
- The clamp doubles as a stand
- Built with a rechargeable 1200 mAh Li-ion battery
- The plastic case tends to break easily due to the temperature
If you’ve made it this far, you might be filled with questions on how would you know what would be the best music light stand to invest in, or what should you look for when selecting a music light stand. Well, you won’t have to worry about that, cause we’re right here to assist you in making the purchase that can immensely influence your musical career or passion.
How To Choose The Right Music Stand Light
A music stand light is a light that can illuminate your sheet music or piano/keyboard or even your desk, making it easier for the pianist to read sheet music and perform. When pianists perform or practice in dimly lit rooms, they frequently experience these problems. As you can see from our list, there are a lot of things to think about when picking out music stand lights.
- Power supply
This is something that cannot be overlooked as the power supply of your music stand light is very important. If you’re a professional musician you know that some stages may have limited power supply outlets, so battery backup is very important. Even the duration of your band’s performance is linked to the power supply, you need to consider the batter backup’s duration as well.
If you’re a performer who plays for several events, it may be a good idea to invest in a lightweight and easy to transport music stand light, as you may not always have the privilege of having a well-lit stage to read your sheet music, and as a professional musician, you can understand the importance of carrying your back-up music stand light in case the stage provided light does not agree with your eyesight.
The brightness of the lamp is usually based on personal preference, if you also use the lamp at home as a desk lamp and you share your room, it may be a good idea to invest in a lamp where you can control the brightness out of consideration of your partner or roommate. The main reason behind buying a lamp is to illuminate your sheet music in dimly lit areas, and it would be redundant if the purchased lamp only provides dim light.
The information seen above is sufficient to serve as a comprehensive buying guide for anyone looking to purchase a music stand light for any reason. Additionally, customers should opt for music stand light gadgets that distribute light evenly and widely. This is significant and must be taken into account. Brand and manufacturer reviews are also vital, and by using them, every consumer will be willing to procure a well-suited and suitable music stand light. Feel free to revisit our list of the 11 best music stand lights and grab one that checks all the points off your checklist.