Napkin holders are a wonderful addition to add to your countertop. The best napkin holders will compliment whichever shape and design of napkins you want. There are holders available to hold different napkins, from dinner napkins to paper napkins and cloth napkins. Most napkin holders are portable and can be used outdoors and indoors, whether during picnics, parties, or any other special occasion. We guarantee that it will be easy for you to pick the napkin holder you want once you’ve got all the information you need. So here is a list of our recommended napkin holders available online for you to choose from.
13 Best Napkin Holders To Add To Your Countertop In 2023
1. Best Heavy-Duty:Home Basics Cast Iron Paper Napkin Holder
If you are looking for an elegant napkin holder for your kitchen countertop or dining table, this is the product to watch out for. Made of heavy-duty cast iron and featuring a long-lasting enamel coating, the countertop napkin holder stays firm even when the weather is windy. The product comes with rubber feet to ace the test o stability and keep the holder from sliding. It measures 5.7in x 2in x 5in (length x width x height).
- Comes with an attractive design and can be used indoors as well as outdoors
- Easy to clean and rust-resistant
- Rubber bottom prevents countertop damage
- Ideal accessory for storing dinner napkins, cloth napkins, and paper napkins
- Design may be different from what is advertised
- May not be able to hold a lot of napkins at a time
"The napkin holder complements my decor nicely while doing its job well. The non-skid feet help keep it in place and prevent it from scratching up my table or countertop. I use this during outdoor tea parties as well."
The product by Spectrum Diversified is a simple yet elegant napkin holder ideal for buffets and picnics. The napkin holder has sturdy steel construction and measures 7.50in x 7.50in x 2.75in (depth x width x height). Be it on the countertop, kitchen table, or the dining table, the sleek, durable, and stylish napkin organizer not only holds the napkins securely, but also keeps them dry and organized. The open top and side allows you to pull out the tissues easily.
- Holds napkins of standard size
- Comes with a weighted pivoting arm that helps keep the napkins in place
- Elegant design blends well with the home decor
- Ideal for indoor as well as outdoor use
- Cleaning is simple and easy
- Not dishwasher-safe
"This napkin holder from Spectrum meets my expectations in terms of design and durability. It lies flat for easy napkin removal, though it does take up some counter space. The brushed nickel feels modern and suits my home decor."
3. Best With Antique Brass Finish:Boston International Garden Gate Design Guest Towel Napkin Holder Caddy
The napkin holder by Boston International is a flat caddy that allows you to store napkins stylishly. With a dimension of 9in x 5.25in x 2.5in, the product is a great choice for placing guest towel napkins measuring 8.5in x 4.5in). You can use the rustic napkin holder for both indoor and outdoor purposes to keep napkins organized and enhance the look of your table setting.
- Made of steel with an antique brass finish
- As the name suggests, the caddy comes with a beautiful garden gate design
- Stylish storage space for guest towel napkins
- Fits two packages (32 pieces) of IHR paper napkins
- Comes with ball feet to keep the napkins elevated from the surface
- May not sit flat on the countertop or tabletop
- Does not contain any weighted pivoting arm to keep the napkins firmly in place
"I like this sturdy, well-balanced napkin holder. It didn't sit flat on my countertop due to the rounded feet, but attaching small felt protectors solved the issue. The size is right for standard-sized napkins."
The product is a cute napkin holder cum a decorative centerpiece that comes with molded figures to hold the napkins in place. Light and compact, the decorative napkin holder weighs 8oz and measures 6in x 3.5in x 3in (length x width x height).
- A family-friendly napkin stand with smooth moldings and a matte, soft-touch finish
- Lightweight and compact
- Comes with a padded underlayer that helps prevent scratching the table’s surface
- An adaptable napkin holder that fits napkins of different sizes
- May not be able to keep fewer napkins firmly in place
"I bought this versatile holder for napkins, but its utility has extended to holding my office envelopes and bills. This cheery addition makes a cute conversation piece on my dining table. It even comes in a white variant to suit different home decor styles."
If you are looking for a high-quality and sturdy napkin holder, this product by Spectrum Diversified, a tried-and-tested brand, ticks all the right boxes. A round napkin holder, this product comes with a dimension of 3.5in x 5.5in x 5.5in (length x width x height). The napkin caddy has a very classy look and is ideal for holding all standard-sized napkins.
- Made of high-quality steel with a satin nickel finish
- Keep the napkins dry and organized
- Easy to clean
- Serves as a great decor
- Can be used indoors as well as outdoors
- May not be dishwasher-friendly
- May not be able to hold fewer napkins firmly in place
"I got this metal napkin holder for its modern design. It's sturdy enough not to tip over and is long-lasting. I had to add anti-scratch pads on the bottom, though."
The OXO Good Grips SimplyPull napkin holder is made of stainless steel and is an innovative product with stylish design, which is ideal for holding different-sized napkins. The product contains a holder arm with a rubber grip, which is weighted to keep them from flying all around the place. The stainless steel napkin holder arms open wide and remain open for convenient one-handed refilling.
- Made of superior-quality stainless steel
- Weighted and non-skid base ensures the holder remains in place
- Arm folds flat into the base for compact storage when not in use
- Susceptible to discoloration and spot staining
"This napkin holder is classy and practical, keeping napkins secure and organized. It manages both big and small napkin piles and brings an understated style to the table."
Godinger Dublin Napkin Holder is a stylish napkin holder for special occasions. The product contains 24% lead crystal, making it heavy and sturdy. The napkin holder for tables measures 7.5-inch x 7.5in x 4.5in and is fit for all standard-sized napkins.
- Comes with a classic Irish design amalgamated with sparkling wedge and diamond cuts
- Serves as an elegant centerpiece as well
- Can be easily hand-washed
- May not be dishwasher-safe
- May not be an ideal choice for large-sized napkins
- Quite heavy and delicate and should be handled with care
"This crystal piece, though a bit heavier than expected, is not only practical but also aesthetically pleasing. It boasts an intricate design and keeps my napkins neatly together."
Give your tabletop an elegant makeover with this cast-iron bird and tree napkin holder by Owlgift. A beautifully crafted product, the napkin holder measures 5in x 5.25in x 2in. The napkin holder is lightweight and can be used both indoor and outdoor spaces, holding napkins in place and enabling you to keep it spick and span.
- Napkin holder cum decorative piece with black and turquoise powder-coated metal finish
- Crafted from cast-iron and comes with classic bird and leaves design
- Does not skid and remains quite secure in place
- May not be able to hold many napkins together
- Quite delicate and may not be very durable
"I love the subtle design of this napkin holder - the contrasting colors of black and dull green fit nicely in my stone and iron kitchen. The feet aren't level, but this doesn't overshadow its overall charm."
The Umbra Swivel Adjustable Napkin Holder is compact, lightweight, and flexible, measuring 4.5in x 3.25in x 5in (length x width x height). It comes with swiveling arms that can be expanded or collapsed based on the number of napkins you want to fit into the holder. The product comes with classic styling and can be used indoors as well as outdoors with ease.
- A sleek napkin holder made of superior-quality cast metal and molded plastic swiveling arms
- Flexible swiveling arms
- Can accommodate a large number of different-sized napkins
- Easy to clean
- Not dishwasher-safe
"This one stylishly holds napkins and makes one-handed use feasible. Although it tends to wobble when less than half full, it never lets my napkins fall out. You can also use it to organize your coffee filters."
Home Basics Napkin Holder is a user-friendly napkin holder that you can use both indoors and outdoors. The tried-and-tested product measures 5.2in x 2.5in x 5in. Strong and elegant, the modern napkin holder holds quite a generous number of napkins together.
- Has a modern design with black heavy-weight powder-coated steel finish
- Easy to clean
- Simple and easy to use
- May not be able to hold the napkins firmly when half-filled
- Does not have any rubber feet/pegs; hence, it may wobble
- May not be an ideal choice for holding regular-sized napkins
"I found this metal napkin holder sturdy and pleasing to look at. It has even served me well as an unconventional paper plate holder. With no wobbling issues, it's a quality pick for those preferring functionality."
A durable and sturdy napkin holder, the product by Jogreful has a very vintage feel to it. It has an elegant and beautiful lattice hollowed-out design and comes with rubber feet/pegs that safeguard your dinner table and kitchen countertop from scratches, slides, and damages, while it sandwiches the napkins securely. The edges of the vintage napkin holder have a smooth finish and go a long way to protect your hands from scratches. The napkin holder is rust-free with a heavyweight powder-coated steel finish, contributing to its bright and smooth appearance.
- An eco-friendly product with a sturdy base
- Made of high quality cast iron, which is heat-resistant, wear-resistant, and rust-free
- Keeps the napkins tidy, organized, and in place
- Can be used for different-sized napkins
- Can be wiped clean
- May be smaller than what is advertised
- May be small for holding standard-sized napkins
"This vintage-looking metal napkin holder fits well in my rustic-styled kitchen. Though it is heavier than anticipated, it doesn't tilt easily. It fits a good number of napkins, and the color and design variations ensure it suits various types of decor."
The metal woven paper napkin holder by mDesign is ideal for holding cocktail napkins, paper napkins, and dinner napkins. A multipurpose product, the napkin holder comes with a dimension of 3in x 5.5in x 6in. The thin and slender napkin holder features a raised base, which keeps the napkins slightly elevated, and clean and dry.
- Made of durable and rust-free steel
- BPA-free woven plastic accent
- Can fit even in small spaces
- Can be wiped using water, mild soap, and a soft cloth
- Can also be used to hold mails, paper, notebooks, and files
- Ideal for indoor as well as outdoor use
- Not dishwasher-safe
- May not be able to hold the napkins in place
"The mDesign napkin holder is quite sturdy and elegant, with its bronze-brown color that blends well with my home decor. The napkins tend to crumple if they are in low quantity, so I prefer to have it fully filled at all times. Its space-saving design makes it a good buy."
13. Best Design: MyGift Black Metal Upright Napkin Holder
Give a charming look to your dining table with the MyGift metal napkin holder. The cut-out design of the napkin holder features a tree, birds, and branch figures to add a touch of elegance to your tables. You can use the place between its two panels to store tissues, paper, or cloth napkins. Moreover, the metal body construction helps it stand the test of time and makes the unique napkin holder ideal for daily use.
- Features non-skid rubber pads
- Has a matte powder-coat finish
- Available in multiple colors
- Can hold square and rectangular napkins
- Material may be thinner than expected
- Colors might vary
"This napkin holder is a aesthetic addition to my table. Its stretchiness helps accommodate several napkins. It requires a full stock of napkins to prevent folding or slipping. Still, I'd recommend it for its minimalist design."
Given below are a few useful tips that you should keep in mind while purchasing a napkin holder.
- Size/dimension of the napkin holder: Size/dimension is an important parameter while buying a napkin holder. Ideally, a napkin holder should be able to fit different-sized napkins with ease. You can also opt for a napkin holder based on your requirement. The dimension may also vary depending on whether you need the holder for dinner napkins, paper napkins, cloth napkins, beverage/cocktail napkins.
Melissa Hawkins, the editor-in-chief of HomeArise and a home improvement specialist, says, “You’ll want to make sure that the napkin holder you choose is functional. It should be able to hold all of the napkins you need, without taking up too much space. Also, pick a design that allows you to remove the napkin from the holder in a hassle-free manner.”
- Quality: Don’t buy a napkin holder just because it looks attractive. Compromising on the quality may not be a wise idea. The best napkin holder should at least be expert-recommended ,durable, rust-free, heat-resistant, wear-resistant, and made of superior quality material (cast iron, BPA-free plastic, acrylic, stainless steel, etc.).
- Stability: Make sure that the napkin holder does not wobble and stays in place. Most napkin holders come with rubber pegs that not only offer stability but also protect the countertops from scratches and damages. A few napkin holders also come with an anti-skid base to ace the test of stability.
- Adjustable arms/handle: Many napkin holders come with weighted tension arms or handles that can be adjusted (expanded or collapsed) depending on the number of napkins that you want to fit into the holder.
- Indoor or outdoor use: While some napkin holders are exclusively designed for kitchen countertops and dining tables, others may be used both indoors and outdoors (garden table, picnic table, barbeque).
- Horizontal or vertical napkin holders: Both types of napkin holders come with their share of merits and demerits. For instance, while horizontal napkin holders allow you to remove one napkin at a time, they may occupy more space as compared to a vertical holder. Similarly, unlike most horizontal napkin holders (often come with adjustable arms), a vertical napkin holder may have problems in holding the napkins in place. However, the final choice depends on the buyer.
- Multipurpose napkin holders: From holding file folders, mails, notebooks, to being used as a decorative piece, some napkin holders come across as versatile. Having a multipurpose napkin holder will, therefore, work to your benefit. You can also go for a relatively budget-friendly napkin holder.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Our author, Sakshi John, specializes in writing for kitchenware and furniture products. She delves deep into the individual product details before selecting the most trusted ones with the best reviews for her readers. This list of the best napkin holders is compiled considering the uniqueness, material quality, and ease of usage. These napkin holders can be used in house parties, get-togethers, or even carried outdoors. Sakshi also provides a few tips to consider while purchasing napkin holders.
Napkin holders not only keep your napkins clean and organized, but also serve as attractive and stylish home décor accessories. They are an easy way to add life to your tables and countertops and give your space a brighter appearance. They can also be used both indoors and outdoors. When looking for the right napkin holders, consider important parameters such as dimension, material quality, and adjustable arms and handles. Also, you should choose those that are compact, lightweight, and made of durable materials. Our top choices are the decorative Umbra Buddy Napkin Holder for its classy design and the Home Basics Cast Iron Paper Napkin Holder, which is user-friendly and durable. We also recommend the Jogreful Vintage Metal Napkin Holder for its elegant lattice pattern and rubber feet.
Infographic: What Are The Various Kinds Of Napkin Holders?
Napkin holders are practical and stylish additions to dining tables, keeping napkins neatly organized and easily accessible for everyday meals or special occasions. Exploring the different categories of napkin holders can help you gauge their features according to your needs. Check out the following infographic to learn about the various types of napkin holders.
- Best Baby Wipes Dispensers
- Best Markers To Write On Glass
- Best Earplugs For Swimming
- Best Japanese Rice Cookers