Nursery dressers are like regular dressers but offer enough space to store the baby’s clothing and other belongings. They help you organize the baby’s clothes and let you pick the appropriate outfit and accessories whenever needed. They are designed to be versatile and baby-safe, such that the child cannot pull out the drawers once they start walking.
In this MomJunction post, we provide a list of the best nursery dressers, along with a buying guide to select the right nursery dresser that works for you.
13 Best Nursery Dressers
Delta Children dressers are known for their classic designs and sturdy wood construction. This one comes in six colors, including grey, white, dark chocolate, espresso cherry, black cherry espresso, and black that could be paired with other Delta Children products.
- Six spacious drawers
- Smooth, metal glide system with safety stops
- Easy-to-clean surfaces
- Stylish curves and legs that add character to any nursery
- Meets the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) safety standards
- New dressers may have a strong, unpleasant odor
- Assembling the parts may be difficult for some
- Delta Children Haven 6 Drawer Dresser – www.amazon.com
- Delta Children 3 Drawer Dresser – www.amazon.com
- Delta Children Bentley Six Drawer Dresser – www.amazon.com
The StorkCraft dresser is designed to suit most nursery sets and rooms. They have euro-glide drawers that are made of high-quality steel with a non-toxic finish. Available in four different color options, the dresser comes unassembled.
- Elegant and sleek design
- Sturdy and fits in with any decor
- Six spacious drawers to fit clothes, accessories, or toys
- Free replacement of parts offered
- Is heavier, weighing around 123.2lb, and hard to move
- Assembling may take time
- Storkcraft Avalon 6 Drawer Universal Dresser, Gray – www.amazon.com
- StorkCraft Kenton 6 Drawer Universal Dresser, Gray – www.amazon.com
This essential drawer storage dresser from ROMOON reduces clutter and lets you segregate the items into the right places. Designed with spacious storage drawers, the organizer is constructed with style and quality. A wide variety of baby items, clothes, shoes, toys, and all other accessories could be sorted and organized efficiently.
- Two different-sized drawers to satisfy storage needs
- Constructed with eco-friendly material, and durable
- Wooden handles for smooth opening and closing
- Detailed instruction manual for easy assembling process
- May not be easy to assemble for all
- Drawers may not slide smoothly
The Seseno dresser with five large drawers makes it a good choice for nurseries, bedrooms, closets, playrooms, hallways, and more. It is a short storage chest measuring 41.5 x 12.4 x 4.4in and weighing just 22.7lb.
- Sturdy steel framing
- Wood top has a smooth surface for placing any decor items
- Fabric drawers having easy pull-out fabric handles
- Plastic feet with adjustable height option
- Step-by-step instructions make it easy to assemble
- Available in three shades of brown, black/charcoal and gray/white
- Drawers may smell of a harsh plastic
- Dresser may be smaller than you expect
For a classy addition to your baby’s room, this streamlined and lightweight dresser from mDesign would do. It features five fabric bins instead of drawers with an outer metal framing. These bins are easy to store and organize baby clothing and belongings. The wide laminate top could be used to place lamps or any other essentials.
- Removable drawers are easy to open and close
- Stylish and durable
- Easy to clean
- Scratch-resistant plastic feet protect the floors
- Ideal for small spaces
- Easy installation
- Fabric drawers may give an unpleasant smell
- Paint may chip away
This is another compact baby dresser designed for minimalists and design aficionados who want a space-saving solution. It has five drawers that are ideal for storing baby clothes, shoes, accessories, and toys. Weighing around 20.6lb, it is available in light grey and natural shades.
- Tear-resistant and flexible fabric
- Easy-to-use handles
- Crafted with sturdy steel that makes it durable
- Wood top could be another storage option
- Easy to assemble
- Not a sturdy dresser
- Small drawers may not accommodate extra items
- East Loft Extra Wide Storage Cube Dresser – www.amazon.com
The babyletto Hudson changer and dresser has a modern design featuring cute little notches instead of drawer pulls. There is a removable changing tray that extends the life of the unit. This weighs around 69lb, which makes it a bit heavy.
- Three drawers with smooth metal glides
- One cabinet with inner shelf for extra storage
- Made with sustainable New Zealand pine wood
- Lead and phthalate-free and has a non-toxic finish
- Anti-tip kit for extra security
- Comes with a one-year warranty
- Changing tray is smaller than the standard changing pads
- Assembling might be difficult
Combining the changing table and the dresser will not only save the space in your baby’s room but also keep everything handy. This changing table comes with a tall hamper on one side for dirty laundry, and three drawers to accommodate baby clothes and diapering necessities on the other.
- Safety rails around the changing area
- Safety belt included
- Ample storage space
- Non-toxic finish is easy-to-clean
- Available in several designs and colors
- Fully removable hamper and drawers for convenience
- May wobble and move with the baby’s weight
- Some may find assembly difficult.
- Costzon Sleigh Style Nursery Dresser Changing Table – www.amazon.com
The DaVinci Kalani 6-Drawer Dresser is a versatile product that combines two pieces of furniture into one. Made of 100% sustainable New Zealand pine wood and CARB II compliant MDF, this could be a good fit for any bedroom or nursery. The drawer comes with pre-assembled drawer glides that make the assembly easy.
- Six spacious drawers to hold baby clothes, shoes, and other belongings
- Convenient changing station
- Metal knobs for easy opening and closing
- Lead and phthalate-free, non-toxic finish
- Includes anti-tip kit
- Changing tray and changing pad should be bought separately
- Gives an unpleasant odor
- DaVinci Kalani 3 Drawer Dresser – www.amazon.com
Evolur collections are inspired by European style and blended with traditional and modern elements with a touch of vintage artistry. This Aurora double dresser is a Victorian-style dresser incorporating feminal carving, crystal knobs, Queen Anne furniture-style feet, and a delicate ribbon and bow scroll-work. Available in five different finishes, these dressers match with any decor.
- Seven drawers featuring five-piece drawer construction and Dovetail joints
- Side-mounted three-tier full extension glides for durability
- Comes fully assembled
- Constructed with kiln-dried hardwood and fine veneers
- Has a comfortable height
- Includes anti-tip kit
- Requires maintenance, at least regular dusting with a lint-free cloth
- Varnish inside the drawers may smell bad
Inspired by shabby chic and rustic farmhouse decors, this grey nursery dresser from Evolur gives a rustic sophistication to any baby nursery or bedroom. The dresser features Dovetail joints and five-piece drawer box construction.
- Arch drawer pulls, and side-mounted three-tier glides provide durability
- Six drawers for storage needs
- Created with hardwood and fine veneers
- Antique mist finishing
- Meets the ASTM safety standards
- Includes anti-tip kit
- Lack of color options
- Drawers are a little stiff
The Cosyland Dresser is a simple and sleek modern solution that reduces clutter in a messy room, while also saving space. The fabric drawers and sturdy steel frame with crossbars at the back provide strength and prevent it from tilting or falling.
- Four drawers for ample storage
- Constructed with eco-friendly and chemical-free material
- Sturdy and lightweight
- Can withstand weight up to 50lb
- Wooden handles attached to medium-density fibreboard (MDF)
- Detailed instructions for quick assembling of parts
- May have a strong odor
Westwood Design believes in offering unique furniture that is both beautiful and durable. It is compatible with Pine Ridge or Stone Harbor convertible hutch, or a bookcase to give a complete nursery look. The chest features traditional furniture construction with wooden Dovetail drawers and concealed ball bearing glides.
- Hardwood and veneer construction for durability
- Toxic-free finish
- Large size changer kit for changing necessities
- Large and sturdy design
- Comes assembled from the factory
- Paint may peel from corners
How To Choose The Right Nursery Dressers?
Here are a few key points to consider when you purchase a nursery dresser:
- Purpose: Consider buying a dresser that also serves as a changing table. It is practical and a space saver too.
- Space: Select the right sized dresser for the baby’s room. It should fit into the room perfectly such that the room should be neither overcrowded nor empty. Check the dimensions in the specifications for help.
- Aesthetics: Pick a dresser that complements the crib, or other furniture in the room. Consider the one that is less trendy or timeless.
- Durability: Check the construction material and read the reviews to understand the quality of the dresser. Detailed understanding of drawers, glides, handles would help.
Taking some time to research will help you find a good nursery dresser that adds to the aesthetics of the room while serving its purpose. Take a look at our list of the best nursery drawers and the tips to consider what may work for you and what won’t.