When it is time to welcome your newborn into this world, or if you have just given birth to a little angel, you might want to choose the best nursery sets tested to keep your munchkin cozy and comfortable. At this stage, you might also have a long list of things to do, out of which one would be setting up the nursery and making it look visually appealing and comfortable for your little one.
To make your nursery project easy, here is our list of the best nursery sets. Choose one that is elegant, versatile, and safe for your baby.
Benefits Of Nursery Furniture Sets
Here are some of the benefits that you can reap by investing in a nursery furniture set.
- Offer style and elegance
Although you wouldn’t want to restructure the room, you would want it to be stylish. Since your child will spend hours in the nursery, a comprehensive set should make the entire room aesthetically pleasing.
- Facilitate seamless organization
In the nursery set, you don’t just have a crib. You would also need a baby-friendly changing table that keeps your supplies organized and makes them easier to change daily. And then, dressers and nightstands can keep everything organized.
- Decrease stress
Even with adequate preparation, there are always some things that blow out at the moment. However, with a complete nursery set, your stress to buy varying furniture and accessories will be reduced. Hence, you can save a lot of time on other essential tasks.
Julio Arco, an architect and interior designer with over a decade of experience, says, “When purchasing furniture for your nursery, it’s important to consider the size of the room. Make sure to choose furniture that fits comfortably and provides ample space for movement. Additionally, ensure that there is enough space for baby’s changing and storage needs.”
9 Best Nursery Furniture Sets
With four-in-one functionality, this baby crib furniture set can be used as a crib, a changer, a mini daybed, and a twin-size bed. It is compact, making it ideal for small and restricted spaces. This nursery set is manufactured from New Zealand pinewood. It has a minimalist design and features smooth and gentle arches and a sturdy spade feed. Check out this video to know more about this baby nursery furniture from a tester’s experience.
- Detachable three-drawer changing table
- Equipped with a changing pad and restraining strap
- Easy release buckle to keep the baby secured
- Comes with a one-inch OEM mattress pad
- Changing area may not be of the standard size
The newborn baby furniture convertible features two open shelves and a large drawer, offering convenient storage. The attached changing table comes with a water-resistant vinyl changing pad and a safety strap. You can convert the nursery set into a toddler bed, daybed, and full-size bed. The mattress with a support base can be adjusted as per the height. Before buying, have a look at this video review to know more about this modern nursery furniture set.
- Made from qualitative pine wood and composites
- Available in multiple non-toxic finishes
- Ideal for modern living space
- Space-saving solution
- Front railing may bow at the bottom
JPMA-certified, this tried and tested crib meets all the safety standards set by ASTM. This convertible baby crib set is a trusted choice, manufactured from sustainable New Zealand pine wood. It has undergone a non-toxic multi-step, phthalate- and lead-safe painting process. This baby product can easily transition from a crib to a toddler bed, a full-size bed, or a daybed. It has an adjustable height mattress that supports three convenient positions. Watch this video review to know more about the expert-approved nursery furniture set with changing table.
- Attached changing table with two shelves and two draws
- Water-resistant changing pad with an attached safety strap
- TSCA-compliant engineered wood used
- Tested for lead and other toxic elements
- Scandinavian nursery furniture set
- Changing pad could be thin
|Dream On Me Jayden Convertible Crib||Stork Craft Steveston Convertible Crib||Delta Children Abby Convertible Crib|
|Weight||64.5 Pounds||85.76 Pounds||95 Pounds|
|Material||Pine Wood||Pine Wood||Wood|
|Dimensions||56.75"L x 29"W x 41"H||73.24"L x 29.77"W x 41.8"H||72.5"L x 31.25"W x 1"H|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
Trusted by moms, the rocking glider in this nursery furniture set for babies is made from sturdy rubberwood and bentwood to offer strong support and stability. The smooth ball bearings of the chair offer a seamless rocking motion. The back and armrests have an ergonomic design and are padded to offer maximum support to your spine and arms. The natural wood nursery furniture set includes a comfortable ottoman, offering additional support to the legs, knees, and feet. This nursery furniture set with a glider/rocker could be an excellent addition to a nursery, as stated in many reviews.
- Filled with a qualitative sponge
- Good elasticity
- Soft microfiber fabric
- Detachable cushion cover
- Stylish gray nursery furniture set
- May not be adjustable
The two-piece grey nursery furniture set includes everything you require. It features a JPMA-certified convertible baby crib that can be transformed into a full-size bed with a headboard, a toddler bed, and a daybed.
- Meets all applicable federal safety standards
- Includes water-resistant changing pad with a safety strap
- Universal and modern design
- Gender-neutral nursery furniture set
- Manufactured from qualitative material
- Three-position adjustable mattress
- May not fit all nursery spaces
6. Best Smooth-Gliding: DaVinci Jayden 3-Drawer Changer Dresser
The DaVinci Jayden nursery dresser is made of engineered pinewood, which offers its sturdiness. It includes a diaper-changing tray at the top of the dresser and three spacious drawers for convenient storage. Each drawer of this white nursery furniture set comes with pre-installed euro glides that facilitate easy opening and closing. Moreover, the knob handle design of the drawer offers a good grip to open the drawers effortlessly. The drawers feature a sturdy base to hold heavier items. The combination of useful features and attractive design make this unit a suitable addition to your nursery furniture collection.
- Features chip-resistant paint
- Sleek and compact design
- Available in several colors
- Made of TSCA-compliant engineered wood
- Easy to clean
- May not have a child lock
- Screw heads may be visible after assembly
7. Best Height-Adjustable: Babyletto Hudson 3-In-1 Convertible Crib
Bring home the dad-and-mom-approved Babyletto Hudson three-in-one convertible baby crib that transforms into a crib, toddler bed, and day bed. With a low-profile design, the crib allows you to conveniently pick up and lay your baby in it. Further, the four adjustable mattress height positions add to the convenience of placing your baby in the crib. This crib is made of pine wood for durability, and the rounded spindles ensure your child’s safety. In addition, the safety-tested crib comes with turned-out legs that make for a sturdy base.
- Made from sustainably sourced materials
- Non-toxic paint and solid wood design
- Has no visible screws on the exterior
- Greenguard Gold-, ASTM-, and CPSC-certified
- Pre-drilled holes may not align precisely
- Color may vary slightly from the images
8. Best Functional: mDesign Horizontal Dresser Unit
Equipped with five drawer bins, the mDesign Horizontal Dresser Unit features five removable drawers that can help keep the clutter under control. Whether you want to store clothes, onesies, socks, or diapers, they come in handy. It is every mom’s choice, designed to fit anywhere, be it the bedroom and living room in your home or even in a nursery. This dressing unit can be used as a dresser to place your night lamps, diaper warmers, photo frames, and toys. The dresser is lightweight but has a hard surface and an easy-to-pull handle to make opening and closing simple. This dresser unit is available in gray, turquoise, and polka-dotted color combinations to choose from.
- Easy to install
- Stable feet
- Gender-neutral option
- May have a peculiar odor initially
9. Best Safety-Certified: Evolur Aurora 5-In-1 Convertible Crib
Transform your crib into a safe and effective daybed, toddler bed, and more with the Evolur Aurora five-in-one convertible crib. This traditional nursery furniture set is crafted per ASTM, JPMA, and CPSC safety standards. It features three adjustable mattress height positions to meet the needs of a growing baby. The dad-and-mom-approved, vintage-inspired nursery furniture set is engineered with kiln-dried wood featuring carved feet, a curved headboard, and ribbon and bow spindles for an elegant look. In addition, the spacious mattress area allows your child to sleep comfortably.
- Greenguard Gold-certified
- Easy to clean
- Easy to assemble
- Beautiful crib design
- Available in multiple classic color options
- Paint may scratch over time
- May not be crack-resistant
How To Choose The Right Baby Furniture Set?
Here are a few things to be kept in mind when choosing the right baby furniture set.
- Safety: Make sure you choose a nursery set that meets the basic safety standards set by the American Society for Testing and Materials International (ASTM) and Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC). You can also choose a product that is certified by the Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA).
- Versatility: It is always recommended to invest in a nursery set that lasts long and can work with various themes. If you can find a set that can be repurposed in different rooms later, then there’s nothing better than that.
- Style and comfort: Ensure that the nursery furniture is comfortable and appropriate as per your liking. It should complement the theme of the interiors and other nursery decor items.
Julio Arco, a furniture expert, architect, and interior designer, says,“When selecting furniture for your baby’s room, it’s important to choose high-quality items that are easy to clean and maintain, since babies can be messy. Look for furniture with removable covers, machine-washable fabrics, and easy-to-clean surfaces, as they can save you a lot of time.”
Why Trust MomJunction?
No kid’s room is complete without a perfect furniture set. However, with a plethora of online options, you may be confused about picking one for your baby. To help you with that, our author, Vibha Navarathna, brings you the most attractive yet durable nursery furniture sets after conducting thorough research on several products. Also, browse through our buying guide before picking the most comfortable and sleek set for your baby.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does a baby need a nursery?
AAP recommends parents share their room with their infant for the first six months to minimize the risk of SIDS (1). However, you may still need nurseries as they help store all baby essentials in one place. It eases the job of a new mother in diaper changing, feeding, and accessing the baby’s stuff conveniently.
2. How can I make a nursery set safe for my baby?
Baby-proof the nursery set to make them safe for your infant. You may place the cribs and changing tables away from the windows and cover the electric outlets (2). Further, ensure the furniture you pick matches the CPSC safety standards.
3. What should I splurge on in a nursery?
A crib, mattress, and changing table are the three most essential items in a nursery. Splurge on the mattress because your baby will spend most of its time on it. The mattress should be breathable and comfortable.
4. Do nursery sets come with wheels?
Having wheels for the nursery furniture is optional. However, some cribs provide wheels for easy portability. Ensure the wheels of the crib are always locked.
The best nursery furniture sets help keep your little one cozy and comfortable and also enhance the aesthetics of your baby’s nursery. They are easy to use and built to last long. When choosing a set, ensure it is made of high-quality materials and has a natural finish. Also, factor in the room’s size and interior design. If you need a space-saving solution, we recommend the Stork Craft Steveston Convertible Crib with non-toxic finishes. We also like the Delta Children Abby Convertible Crib for its convertible and adjustable features. Besides, you may also want to consider one that is easy to assemble. Additionally, choose certified nursery furniture sets that assure quality and are safe for your baby.
Infographic: What Are The Various Types Of Nursery Furniture Units?
Nursery furniture combines comfort and functionality to create a cozy space for your little one. Exploring nursery furniture’s various categories, features, and purposes can help you pick the right unit that suits your needs. Check out the following infographic to discover the different variants of nursery furniture to help you make an informed choice.
- How to Keep Your Sleeping Baby Safe: AAP Policy Explained
- Nursery Safety
- Tips for Keeping Infants Safe During Sleep From the American Academy of Pediatrics