As a new mother, your comfort is as important as your baby’s comfort. Wearing the best nursing nightgown in those early months can make all the difference to your breastfeeding sessions. Comfy nursing nightgowns keep you relaxed all day while giving your little one unrestricted access.
Emily Parker, a parenting blogger, says, “Nursing nightgowns are especially important as they let you enjoy skin-on-skin contact with your baby. Skin contact helps regulate the child’s body temperature, and several hormones get released during this period, enhancing milk production.”
So, pick one from our list of nursing nightgowns and forget about annoying buttons and clasps.
17 Best Nursing Nightgowns
1. Best Versatile: Ekouaer Labor And Delivery Gown
The Ekouaer maternity gown is crafted with a blend of 95% rayon and 5% spandex, offering pregnant women a soft and comfortable feel. This nightgown’s stretchable and breathable fabric ensures a snug fit while providing room for growth, and its stylish V-neckline with easy-to-undo button closure makes breastfeeding more convenient. This versatile mom-approved gown is perfect for all stages of pregnancy and beyond, serving as a maternity gown, birthing gown, postpartum gown, breastfeeding gown, and even as loungewear for relaxing at home or running errands.
- Lightweight and skin-friendly fabric
- Easy to style
- Available in different sizes
- Available in multiple colors
- Fabric may not be wrinkle-proof
- Might run a size large
2. Best Chic: Baby Be Mine Maternity Nightgown
This maternity nightgown is designed to give a chic feel and stylish look as your baby bump grows. It is also equipped with a pull-down elastic neckline for night feedings. With sizes ranging from S to XL, it is suitable for maternity photoshoots before you welcome your little one. The nightgown is made by blending 95% cotton and 5 % polyester and is available in colors to choose from, such as amelia, camo, elise, isla, navy stripe, and willow.
- Suitable for gifting
- Suitable for breastfeeding
- Features floral prints
- Machine washable
- Some may find the shoulder straps a little uncomfortable
3. Best Skin-Friendly: Ekouaer 3-In-1 Pleated Maternity Nightgown
Ekouaer maternity nightgown is a sweet blue dress designed for pregnancy and nursing. The breastfeeding sleep dress is mommy-approved, made of 95% rayon and 5% percent spandex for maximum stretch. Its cross V-neck design facilitates childcare and breastfeeding while thoroughly covering the chest. When wearing this maternity dress, the loose-fitting elastic design allows for abdominal growth.
- Breathable, skin-friendly, stretchable fabric
- Ultra-soft surface for utmost comfort
- Stylish design with lace décor
- Suitable for sleeping as well as wearing around the house
- Available in nine different shades
- Color may fade over the time
Ekouaer Labor And Delivery Gown
Baby Be Mine Maternity Nightgown
Ekouaer 3-In-1 Pleated Maternity Nightgown
|Weight||9.14 Ounces||10.41 Ounces||-|
|Dimensions||10.75 x 9.37 x 0.59 inches||10.8 x 5.7 x 1.3 inches||0.5 x 0.5 x 0.5 inches|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
4. Best For Easy Nursing Access: iloveSia 3Pcs Women’s Maternity Nursing Nightgown
The iloveSia women’s maternity breastfeeding dress comes in a pack of three. This nursing nightgown is super stretchy and features a built-in seamless nursing bra. They have adjustable straps to adjust the bust depth to meet the baby’s breastfeeding needs while also conforming to her body shape, making it a trusted choice for new moms.
- Made of comfortable fabric that keeps the skin breathable
- Provides easy nursing access with one-handed clips in a drop-down design
- Adjustment discretion and shape with removable foam inserts
- Suitable for lounging, nursing, or breastfeeding
- Sagging prevention and ribbing support with a wide nursing sling on the inside
- Size may be slightly different than expected
5. Best Stretchable: Swomog Women’s Maternity Sleepwear Nursing Nightgown
Swomog Women’s Maternity Sleepwear is stylishly designed to offer a blend of nursing convenience and fashion. This mom-tested maternity nightgown is available in 17 different shades, allowing you to match it to your baby’s outfit. In addition, it is specifically designed to meet the needs of a growing baby bump during pregnancy while also allowing for easy breastfeeding once the baby is born. It can be machine washed too!
- Made of high-quality modal fabric
- Highly elastic, breathable, and soft material
- Suits maternity wear during and after pregnancy
- Designed in contrasting colors with a short raglan sleeve and loose hem
- Zipped fastening on both sides for instant nursing
- Thoughtful design allows comfortable breastfeeding in public
- Tight zipper; may get stuck during unzipping
- May not suit all body shapes and sizes
6. Best Lightweight Fabric: Kindred Bravely Lucille Nursing & Maternity Nightgown
Kindred Bravely nursing and maternity breastfeeding nightwear has a lacey design in ultra-soft fabric and provides ultimate comfort to the mother’s and baby’s skin. The nightgown is made of 95% modal fabric and 5% spandex for maximum stretching. It is one of the best nursing nightgowns for the pre and post-pregnancy phases.
- Lace accent for fashionable wear
- Stylish racer back cut
- Comfortable clip-down breastfeeding access with light support
- Lightweight fabric for cool and comfortable wear during summers
- Available in sizes XS to XXXL for the right fit for all
- May not suit body shape with a larger bust
- Can be insufficiently supportive on the shoulders
7. Best With Snaps: FridaBaby Mom Nursing Gown
The FridaBaby nursing gown is designed to cater to the different needs of women at various stages of pregnancy. This nursing gown has full-length rear snaps that offer maximum coverage and easy access for epidural monitoring. In addition, it also features a snap-equipped flap that opens up to the waist to enable skin-to-skin contact while breastfeeding. Made of 100% viscose, this trusted nightgown is a suitable option for mothers looking for something comfortable yet stylish.
- Soft and stretchy fabric
- Useful for delivery and postpartum
- Has pockets
- Provides full coverage
- Size may run large
- May have a peculiar smell when new
8. Best Cooling: Latuza Women’s Bamboo Viscose Nursing Nightgown And Robe Set
The Latuza Women’s Bamboo Viscose Nursing Nightgown and Robe Set is a two-piece maternity wear available in nine different shades. Loved and trusted by moms, it is made of 95% bamboo viscose and 5% spandex and is exceptionally soft on the skin. You can choose from six different sizes to find your perfect fit during pregnancy and lactation. Its breathable bamboo fabric also keeps the skin cool during warm weather.
- Minimally clingy on the skin
- Easy and convenient machine wash and drying
- Comes with two belt loops on the sides for an easy closure
- Elastic empire waist for maximum belly stretching
- Stylish lace trim neckline with adjustable spaghetti straps
- Pull down fitting for comfortable breastfeeding
- Fabric dye can be strongly smelly
- May come with loose threads around the stitches
9. Best Machine-Washable: Swomog Women 3-In-1 Pleated Maternity Sleepwear For Breastfeeding
Swomog Women’s three-in-one short sleeve nursing nightshirt is designed to fit perfectly during pregnancy, delivery, and nursing. This pleated maternity sleepwear comes in five sizes to help you find the best fit for your body shape and size. It comes in 15 different shades and is machine washable and tumble dryable. In addition, its modal fabric provides an ultra-soft touch against the skin for maximum comfort.
- Sufficiently stretchy and breathable fabric
- Easy-open function with V-neck front for convenient pull-down breastfeeding
- Loose-fitting gown that suits all pregnancy stages
- Contrasting lace detailing on the cuffs and neckline
- Knee-length, pleated stylish feminine design
- Size and fit may differ for different colors
- No added support for the bust
- Lacks leak lining
10. Best Stylish: Sexyfree Maternity Gown Women’s Sleeveless Nursing Nightwear
The Sexyfree sleeveless maternity nightgown is a fashionable nightdress that provides a convenient balance of fashion and comfort during pregnancy and nursing. It is made of 95% rayon and 5% spandex, is soft on the mother’s and the baby’s skin, and is super stretchy and lightweight. Its safe and effective three-in-one design is suitable for pregnancy, labor, and nursing.
- Easy breastfeeding access with the open-down button
- Doubles up as a casual nightgown for any woman
- Available in several colors and sizes
- Breathable cotton soft fabric for all seasons
- Suitable for easy hand wash
- No real nursing feature, lining, or support
11. Best Unique Style:LecGee Women’s Nursing Nightgown Button Maternity Dress
The LecGee women’s nursing postpartum nightgown is well-thought maternity wear with exceptional detailing for easy breastfeeding. It comes in a striking sleeveless design with contrasting hemlines. It is made of skin-friendly, soft, and breathable modal fabric that is highly elastic for suitable wear during and after pregnancy. The chemise nursing sleep dress, with its stylish spaghetti strap, is an appropriate fit for all occasions.
- No fabric shrinking or odor with fade-free 12 different shades
- Front open button design for convenient pull-down breastfeeding
- Does not smother the baby’s face
- Comfortable and soft fabric
- Superior stitching with seamless plying
- Suitable for hand and machine wash in cold water
- Bottom lining band not of stretchy material
- Wide gaps between buttons
12. Best Comfy Fabric:Enjoynight Women’s Short Sleeve Nightgown Tie Dye Loungewear
Enjoynight’s long nursing nightgown is a comfortably designed breastfeeding sleep dress made of 60% cotton for maximum breathability and convenience. Its 40% spandex mix makes it super stretchy and soft on the skin. It is suitable maternity wear for the early stages of pregnancy and during lactation due to its loosely designed fitting. The functional cotton nursing nightgown completely covers the chest and abdomen, keeping you comfortable while breastfeeding.
- Tie-dyed from vegetable dyes with fine workmanship
- Bright-colored, non-fading wear
- Super soft and non-irritatingfor the baby’s skin
- Stylish round neck design
- Convenient front button open fit for comfortable breastfeeding at any time
- Fashionable short sleeves for casual wear
- Size fit may differ
- Does not suit postpartum body shape
13. Best Tie-Closure:Sexqero Women’s Maternity Robe Nursing Sleepwear
The Sexquero Women’s Maternity Robe is a stylishly designed nursing sleepwear with fine lacey details that extend from the neckline to the bottom length. This mom-approved breastfeeding nightwear also functions as a bathrobe and features a tie-around design for easy opening and closing. The tie-closure robe is made of 95% rayon and 5% spandex for super soft, comfortable, and stretchy wear during and after pregnancy.
- Ultra-soft on the skin and breathable
- Fixed strap design on the back for convenient strapping
- Two-way fastening with inner drawstrings and outer waistband
- Suitable maternity wear for all occasions
- Loose fit sleepwear with full belly coverage
- Thin fabric but does not keep the body sufficiently cool
- Can be tight around the waist during advanced pregnancy
14. Best V-Neck Design:Poshglam Women’s 3-In-1 Maternity Nightgown
Poshglam’s three-in-one maternity wear provides exceptional fitting for pregnant women during pregnancy and nursing. It is designed to be a comfortable breastfeeding sleepwear and functional maternity gown. It has a V-neckline and short sleeves and comes in 18 different shades. It is comfortable to wear because it is made of breathable rayon and spandex fabric.
- Made of soft and stretchy fabric for all stages of pregnancy and lactation
- Elastic waistband for maximum stretchiness
- Discreetly designed with pocket closure on both sides for breastfeeding
- Suitable wear for lounging around with the knee-length fit
- Suits easy machine cold wash
- Available in five different sizes for suitable fit
- Can be too short for tall women
- Has a high slit, which can be uncomfortable for some
15. Best Adjustable Straps:U-Pretty Maternity Nursing Dress For Women
The U-Pretty Maternity Nursing Dress For Women is stylishly designed for optimal function during pregnancy and nursing, a trusted choice for all fashion-conscious moms. It’s one of the best nursing nightgowns because it comes in eight different solid shades and is made of soft, elastic, and breathable fabric. In addition, you can wear it during the hottest summers because it keeps your skin cool. It is one of the best nightwear options for nursing mothers because it is designed to fit insert nursing pads.
- Stretchable waistline for during and post-pregnancy fit
- Adjustable straps for improved body fitting
- Built-in pouches on both sides
- Practical nursing clasps for easy breastfeeding
- Elegant and comfortable style
- Can be too small for women in the advanced pregnancy stage
16. Best For Easy Access:Lamaze Intimates Womens V-Neck Maternity Nightgown
The Lamaze Intimates Womens Maternity Nightgown has a V-neckline for easy breastfeeding. This nursing nightshirt is made of stretchable fabric and is comfortable to wear during pregnancy and nursing stages. It comes in eight different shades and has adorable prints that will make you look fashionable. In addition, it has a lacey design that stretches across the neckline, waist, and bottom for optimum comfort; truly a mom’s choice.
- Pull-on closure for comfortable breastfeeding
- Easy access to dress front with V-neck design
- Elegant lace trim design
- Easy to hand wash and line dry
- Runs a size smaller
- Fabric may not be of high quality
17. Best Lightweight:Poshglam Women’s Nursing Nightgown Maternity Dress
Poshglam’s women’s nursing nightgown is another product that ranks as one of the best nursing gowns to have in your maternity wardrobe. The maternity wear has pocket closures on both sides for easy breastfeeding. It’s also stylish, with a knee-length fit and a contrasting neckline. It comes in ten different shades and can be easily matched with your baby’s clothing.
- Double layers wrap design for easy access
- Stretchy empire waist for easy pregnancy fit
- Conveniently elastic material in rayon and spandex
- Soft on the skin and breathable
- Suitable for all occasions
- Available in five different sizes for a suitable fit
- Not sufficiently supportive of the bust
How To Choose The Right Nursing Nightgown?
Consider the following factors before selecting the best nursing nightgown for maternity wear.
- Fabric: Ensure that the maternity wear fabric is soft, stretchy, and comfortable for the mother’s and the baby’s skin. You can choose various fabrics, including rayon, cotton, and nylon.
- Front style: Pay attention to the front style, which should have a convenient design or cut for easy breastfeeding.
- Length: These nightgowns come in a variety of lengths ranging from short to long length. Different sleeve sizes are available for a suitable fit.
- Occasion: Ensure that the right maternity wear is suitable for all occasions. For example, you can choose a nightgown for maximum comfort based on whether you are visiting the hospital or receiving maternity care at home.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Poulami Nag is a writer and editor who reviews fashion, clothing, and wellness products. Her detailed product research ensures high quality, durability, and comfort. Having comfortable maternity wear is a must after delivery and while nursing your baby. Therefore, she brings you a collection of the best nursing nightgowns from trusted brands to help you choose the right one. Poulami has also included a buying guide to help you find a nightgown that suits your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I need a nursing nightgown?
A nursing nightgown is a must-have for every breastfeeding mother. It facilitates easy and convenient access for the baby without the need to take the dress off. It has the added advantage of being used as a delivery or labor gown.
2. Which material is best for a nursing nightgown?
Soft, breathable, and stretchable fabrics like modal, spandex, and rayon are suitable for a cozy, relaxed, and skin-friendly fit and easy maintenance. Gowns dyed with non-toxic coloring agents are also baby-friendly.
3. Are wrap dresses suitable for nursing?
Wrap-around dresses provide easy access during breastfeeding but at the cost of more exposure, which may not be suitable for scenarios like cold weather. Thus, opting for nursing nightgowns is better as they offer more privacy than a wrap dress.
4. What should I wear at night while breastfeeding?
Opting for a skin-friendly, elastic, and easy-to-clean maternity nightgown is suitable for breastfeeding as it provides the benefits of comfortable accessibility and maximum coverage simultaneously.
Just-born babies or newborns need to be fed eight to twelve times a day. Feeding at night is challenging, and a nightgown that causes discomfort while feeding might add to the stress. Investing in the best nursing nightgowns can be a game changer and help a new mom stick with breastfeeding longer. The nightgowns provide easy accessibility allowing the child to latch smoother. Look for nightgowns made of soft, breathable fabric that offer great comfort and are breathable. As a new mom it’s also nice to have something that both feels good and looks good. Find a nursing nightgown that helps you feel both comfortable and confident.
Infographic: What Are The Various Kinds Of Nursing Nightgowns?
Nursing nightgowns provide ease and comfort during nighttime feedings thanks to their discreet nursing access and soft, breathable fabrics. Understanding the different kinds of these nightwear garments can help you gauge their utility based on your preferences and needs. Explore the following infographic to discover the various types of nursing nightgowns and their features to make an informed choice.