Oats are among the healthiest cereals that can be prepared in various ways. The gluten-free grains from Avena Sativa, a cereal plant, are rich sources of minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, and fiber. Once harvested, they are processed for consumption and are known for their high nutritional value. They are known to offer innumerable health benefits, such as controlled blood sugar levels, reduced weight and risk of heart diseases, stronger immune system, and reduced hypertension. That’s why most people make oats a part of their breakfast.
If you are keen on including oats in your routine diet but are confused with the array of choices available in the market, keep reading this post. We list some of the best oats for weight loss in India and tell you how to choose the most appropriate one.
Types Of Oats
Oats are categorized into five major types.
1. Oat groats are the hulled and toasted oat grains that take the longest time to cook.
2. Steel-cut oats are a result of cutting whole oats two or three times with steel blades. They are high on fiber and nutrition value, and so are one of the healthiest types.
3. Stoneground oats are tiny pieces of different sizes resulting from grinding steel-cut oats using the stone grind. You can make creamy porridge with these oats.
4. Rolled oats are thin, flat, and soft, and prepared by rolling the oats. They are quicker to cook compared to steel-cut oats but have lesser nutritional value.
5. Instant oats are thin and processed in many ways to be easy and quick to cook. Though they are a healthy option, they rank the least in terms of nutrition.
11 Best Oats For Weight Loss In India
1. Disano Oats
Enjoy a wholesome morning breakfast, rich in fiber and protein, with the preservative-free oats from Disano. The perfect blend of good taste and nutrition, this pack of instant oats helps you make yummy porridge or dosa in three minutes. You can include them in your routine diet to promote weight loss.
- 100% whole grain and gluten-free
- Rich in dietary fiber
- Loaded with essential minerals and vitamins
- Goodness of iron, zinc, and magnesium
- Known for weight management
- Beta-glucan fiber for healthy cholesterol levels
- Keep blood sugar under control
Give a perfect start to your day with one of the best oats for weight loss in India from Kellogg’s. The easy and quick to make oats are high in protein and fiber and low in sodium levels, making them ideal for weight management. You can try new oatmeal recipes every day for your overall health without compromising on the taste.
- Whole grain oats
- Known to reduce the risk of high blood pressure
- Soluble dietary fiber
- Naturally free from cholesterol
- Does not contain any preservatives
3. Saffola Oats
Loaded with health benefits, the instant oats from Saffola are rich in protein and fiber. They make a delightful and guilt-free snack and keep you full for longer. Including a bowl of oats in your regular diet is known to reduce cholesterol and manage weight. So, enjoy the wholesome and flavorsome oats at breakfast or make an evening snack using them to reap the health benefits.
- 100% natural wholegrain oats
- Ready in three minutes
- Good for heart’s health
- Rich in iron and protein
- Can be used for a variety of recipes
Stay fit and healthy by relishing a bowl of rolled oats from True Elements. The gluten-free oats are packed with the goodness of protein, making them ideal for regular consumption to better manage cholesterol levels. You can have them with milk for weight loss, improved skin, and a healthy heart.
- Rich in magnesium
- High on fiber and proteins
- Packed with antioxidants for immunity
- Rich in vitamin B for healthier skin
- Helpful in building muscles
The Nutriorg rolled oats area rich source of complex carbohydrates and protein. They cook in less time, absorb more liquid, and make a healthy meal every day. The brand claims regular consumption of these oats can prevent cardiovascular diseases and constipation. A bowl of these nutritious oats is known to benefit those who are looking for a weight loss diet.
- Made from organically grown produce
- 100% gluten-free
- Contains no added sugar
- Rich in dietary fiber and essential nutrients
- Hold their shape while cooking
- Rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals
- Known to provide high energy levels
Free from sugar, salt, and preservatives, the pack of oats from Bagrry’s makes a delightful and healthy meal. These are loaded with beneficial nutrients and are processed through milling technology to offer you a wholesome meal with superior taste. Make your everyday meal healthier and fuller with these oats.
- 100% natural whole grain
- High in protein, fat, and fiber
- Improve the functioning of tissues and cells
- Helpful in managing weight
- Effective in reducing cholesterol levels
- Quick and easy to cook
The vegan-friendly imported oats from Essence Nutrition make a healthy substitute for your fast food. These high-quality and natural oats are claimed by the brand to be a good choice for muscle building and weight loss. You can consume them regularly for your overall health and fitness. They are available in packs of one to five kilograms.
- Premium-quality from Australia
- Certified Non-GMO and gluten-free
- Rich source of protein
- Contain zero preservative
- Delicious chewy texture and taste
With a shelf life of 365 days, the Raw Essentials rolled oats are considered one of the best oats for weight loss in India. Induced with the goodness of Beta-glucan, proteins, and fiber, they make a delicious vegetarian option for those who wish to lose weight and stay healthy. These oats are also said to be the ideal choice for people with diabetes, as they are low on fat and high on nutrition.
- 100% vegetarian
- Helpful in increasing energy levels
- Good grain for a healthy heart
- Contain no preservatives
- Known to boost energy after workouts
Enjoy jumbo-sized oats from Australia that cook in just five minutes. The healthy and vegetarian oats from Jiwa Healthy are claimed to make a nutritious meal for those suffering from coeliac. You can relish the tasty oats by making a thick porridge or granola bar with them.
- 100% natural wholegrain
- Rich in fiber and protein
- Quick to cook
- Delicious and healthy
Kickstart your day with a bowl of yummy and wholesome rolled oats for breakfast. You can replace your unhealthy snacking with these delicious and classic oats for your overall health. Stay fit and begin your weight loss journey by including the natural and premium-quality oats in your routine.
- 100% vegetarian
- Free from gluten
- High on fiber
- Excellent source of beta-glucan
- Rich in avenanthramides and antioxidants
- Great source of vitamins and minerals
The Monsoon Harvest oats make a healthy and tasty meal suitable for weight watchers and people with high blood sugar levels. These go-to oats area healthy options and can be consumed at any time of the day. Enjoy a bowl of these oats mixed with fruits and your choice of milk to start your day on a nutritious note.
- Non-GMO and gluten-free
- Contain no trans fats
- Ready in three minutes
- Rich in vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants
- Controlled blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- Low glycemic index
Health Benefits Of Oats
If you are still unsure of including oats in your routine, here are some significant health benefits to know (1).
- Help in reducing and maintaining weight as they have soluble fiber and high water content
- Control blood pressure and reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases
- Rich in fiber, they are known to relieve constipation
- Effective in lowering high blood sugar levels
- Lower cholesterol levels and protect LDL cholesterol from any damages.
How To Choose Right Oats For Weight Loss?
Consider the following tips when buying the best oats for weight loss.
- List of ingredients: Look for wholegrain as the main ingredient on the label as they are a healthy pick. Do not buy any oats pack if it includes preservatives, gluten, or sodium.
- Sugar content: Though oats are free of sugar, some brands add 10 to 15g of sugar to uplift their taste. So, check the amount of sugar and type of sugar on the label before buying.
- Artificial flavors and additives: The presence of artificial flavors and substances is an indication that the oats are severely processed. Look for something that is 100% natural and devoid of synthetic elements.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are rolled oats gluten-free?
Oats are naturally free from gluten. However, there could bechances of gluten contamination if the manufacturer processes the oats in a setup. If you have a gluten intolerance, you must check the label and buy completely gluten-free oats.
2. What is the difference between oats and wheat?
Wheat and oat are two different grains used for consumption. While both have fiber, wheat contains gluten, and oats are free from gluten. Wheat may cause indigestion, whereas oats are rich in fiber and improve the process of digestion. The wholegrain from both the cereals is considered a healthy choice, but oats are always the better pick, especially if you have a gluten allergy.
Known to be one of the most sought-after healthy cereals, the best oats for weight loss, besides helping you keep a check on your weight, may play an important role in regulating your blood sugar levels and reducing the chances of heart diseases. When adding one to your shopping cart, make sure it is 100% natural and does not contain gluten, artificial flavoring, and preservatives. You might also want to pick one with less sugar content. Further, choose one that is versatile enough to let you prepare various oatmeal recipes.
- Best Milk Powders In India
- Best Skimmed Milk Powders In India
- Best Protein Powders For Kids In India
- Best Weight Gainer Supplements In India