A rich source of antioxidants and a staple of the Mediterranean diet, olive oil is a popular choice for chefs and health-conscious individuals. When using olive oil for cooking, sautéing vegetables, dressing salads, drizzling overcooked foods, or even as a bread dip, you need the best olive oil dispensers to make the oil pouring simple.
These dispensers are essential kitchen utensils, as they protect the oil from oxidation by shielding it from sunlight, air, and heat. An olive oil dispenser can even complement the décor of your kitchen. Olive oil dispensers are available in the form of a pump, cruet, container, or bottle and are made of various materials such as ceramic, stainless steel, plastic, glass, and copper.
Keep reading as we list some of the best olive oil dispensers in the market and give you a few tips on choosing the right one.
15 Best Olive Oil Dispensers
This dark olive oil bottle made of lead-free glass comes with a sealed cap. Its dark-brown color protects the oil from light and keeps it fresh. The stainless steel funnel enables you to pour the liquid without spilling it. Moreover, its perfect spout and flap cap help you pour the right amount of oil in the dish.
If you’re looking for an elegant model to store olive oil, especially an inexpensive one, this is definitely your go-to option. Click here to check out a detailed personal review of this product.
- Easy to clean; dishwasher-safe
- Sealed and flap cap with white inner cork
- Quality easy-flow and anti-drip spouts
- Airtight storage
- Easy refilling
- Affordable oil cruet
- Durable oil container
- Drip-free, lead-free, shatter-resistant
- No measuring label
2. Best Scratch-Resistant:Emile Henry 15.2oz Oil Dispenser
The Emile Henry oil dispenser bottle is crafted with unique high-resistant technology and is made from natural materials ensuring safe use. This high-fired burgundy clay ceramic bottle features an attractive and grip-friendly design. It has a capacity of 15.2oz and is available in other colors that would suitably go with your kitchen decor. Furthermore, the expert-approved bottle is hard-glazed, making it scratch-resistant and crack-proof.
- Suitable for everyday use
- Elegant design
- Easy-flow spout
- May be smaller than expected
- Cork may seem flimsy to some
With this set of olive oil and vinegar dispenser bottles, you never have to worry about controlling the portion of oil or vinegar. The oil and vinegar bottles ensure you pour just the right amount, as they come with an integrated pump and labeling on the lid. The pump oil dispensers come in two sizes — 500ml (16.91 fl oz) and 250ml (8.45 fl oz) — and are ideal for anyone who dislikes all things greasy. Moreover, these are dishwasher-safe and can also be hand washed.
- Easy to use
- Non-drip spout and non-slip grip
- Drip-free pouring
- Free of toxins
- Stylish oil jar
- May be expensive
Aozita Glass Olive Oil Bottle
Best Airtight Storage
Emile Henry 15.2oz Oil Dispenser
Belwares Olive Oil Dispenser Bottle Set
|Transparent, Matte Black
|Stainless Steel, Glass
|Stainless Steel, Glass
|2.9 x 2.9 x 6.9 inches
|3"W x 11"H
Use only the recommended amount of oil with the Dwellza Kitchen dispenser and sprayer set. Crafted with zero-dip and slow-pour spout, the dispenser allows using a measured amount of oil. The glass bottle has a stainless steel lid and a button to pump the desired amount of oil into the spout. In addition, the oil sprayer has a glass bottle and stainless steel lid with a sprayer button. They are leak-proof and also suitable for vinegar, lime juice, and soy sauce.
- Clog-free design
- Easy to hold and clean
- Oil in the reservoir doesn’t drain out
- May not be microwave-friendly
- Measurement markings may fade gradually
Made of ceramic, the dispenser by Sweejar is a multipurpose bottle. Besides olive oil, you can use it for cocktails, vinegar, coffee syrup, cooking wine, pre-mixed cocktails, and more. This ceramic bottle has a 15oz capacity and two spouts made of stainless steel that have a sealed flap cap, keeping the olive oil fresh for a longer period of time. In addition, the spout features a food-grade rubber stopper that prevents leakage.
- Curvy shape for a good grip
- Comes with an anti-overflow air circulation
- Freezer- and dishwasher-safe
- Available in a wide range of colors
- May not be shatter-proof
- Dispensing may be a bit slower than expected
This glass olive oil dispenser set has lids with removable filters to prevent small particles from clogging its spouts. The functional oil canister also has measurements marked over it to provide precision and let you know the amount of oil remaining in the bottle. Its compact size also makes it a perfect option to carry on picnics or outings.
- Easy to clean and refill
- Ergonomically designed
- Advanced filter for flavor
- Fingerprint-proof and shatter-resistant
- Free of BPA and dishwasher-safe
- Slow pour mechanism
- Plastic top may not be impressive for everyone
Protect your olive oil from UV rays by storing it in the ceramic-made dispenser by Grace Homewares. It features a wide-mouth design for easy refill, and the ceramic is crafted at high temperatures to enhance its shelf life. The oil canister comes with a modern glaze finish and holds a capacity of 16.9oz. The cruet-shaped spout enables you to pour a balanced amount of liquid. In addition, the olive oil cruet seals the liquid tightly with a leak-proof silicone seal.
- Non-drip design
- Nonporous and opaque bottle
- Free from lead
- Suitable for vinegar, sauces, dish soap, and more
- May not have a cap for the spout
- Spout base may be fragile
With a slim neck design, the TableCraft Siena oil bottle enables you to hold the bottle conveniently and avoid slips and spills. It is made of green tint glass and holds 16 oz of liquid, making it suitable for restaurants. The tried-and-tested dispenser comes with a stainless steel spout to dispense a controlled amount of oil. You can also use this bottle for storing vinegar or liquid soap.
- Comes with a stable base
- Offers a quick pour
- Apt for compact counter spaces
- Filling may be tedious
- May not be as leak-resistant
Made of borosilicate glass, the Aelga olive oil dispenser is dishwasher-safe and features an auto-on/off non-drip spout for single-handed pouring. The sealed stainless steel lid prevents bugs and dust particles from entering the bottle. Additionally, the wide-mouth design encourages easy filling and convenient hand-washing. This glass dispenser set has a silicone seal that prevents leakage.
- Thick and sturdy glass
- Holds 14oz of liquid
- Transparent for clear visibility of liquid
- Can store vinegar, sauce, and other everyday cooking oils
- Spout may not shut tightly
- May leak if filled completely
If you are looking for a jar-type storage solution to store olive oil or everyday cooking oil, try this Bormioli Rocco oil dispenser. Made of durable glass, the oil jar is microwave- and dishwasher-safe. The screw-type lid enables you to securely seal the liquid without any leakage, while the stainless steel spout offers the flexibility of pouring the liquid with ease. You can also use the dispenser to dress the food or store cocktails. Moreover, the air-tight oil jar is compatible with Geinetti lids.
- Wide mouth for easy refilling
- Transparent bottle for clear visibility
- Stable base
- Lid may accumulate residue
- May not be convenient to hold
Store or serve olive oil in the Farmhouse oil dispenser by Dimbrah—a square-shaped bottle with a non-slip bottom that prevents tipping. The oil decanter set includes a stainless steel funnel that encourages easy and mess-free refill. In addition, it also comes with a screw cap and cork to keep the oil fresh. The dispenser features two steel spouts with a slide or flap cap for controlled oil pour. This dispenser is also suitable for salad dressing, chili oil, soy sauce, vinegar, and more.
- Explosion-proof glass
- Airtight and leak-proof plug-in cork
- Dust-proof cap
- Nonporous glazed interior
- Cleaning the spout can be challenging
- Oil may flow at a slow rate
With an eight-piece set, this Zulay olive oil bottle dispenser is a complete package for storing and serving olive oil. It includes a thick green glass bottle with a capacity of 17oz, dual pouring spouts, a couple of sealing corks, two bottle caps, and a funnel for easy filling. The spouts are crafted of stainless steel and each spout has an anti-overflow air duct to prevent spillage. In addition, the tinted glass protects the oil from oxidation, and the spouts feature a silicone slide cap and a metal flap cap closure that prevent the entry of dust particles.
- Shatter-resistant bottle
- Non-slip base
- Protects oil from sunlight
- Surface of the bottle may be slightly rough
- Spout attachments may be a bit loose
Steer clear of rusting with the Zutti olive oil bottle dispenser. The rust-resistant oil drizzler features a BPA-free ABS cap that does not undergo corrosion. The cap also encourages single-handed pouring with an auto-opening and -closing latch. Additionally, the thin, oval-shaped dispensing duct ensures a smooth, steady flow of maple syrup, vinegar, soy sauce, and oils. This BPA-free oil canister has a large capacity of 17oz and holds the condiments without leakage or spillage. Moreover, this glass dispenser has passed the LFGB or the German Food Hygiene test.
- Easy refill
- Dip-free oil pourer
- Comes with a silicone seal
- Easy to hold
- Screw threadings may accumulate oil
- Glass may get oily gradually
With a 16 oz capacity, the Kitchentoolz oil dispenser securely stores the condiments, such as maple syrup, cooking wine, oil, soya sauce, and vinegar. The dispenser features a wooden cap and stainless steel oil cruet spout for controlled oil pouring. Made from stoneware ceramic, this nonporous oil dispenser is crafted at high temperatures for a glaze finish and keeps the oil protected from sun rays.
- Elegant design
- Dip-free cork
- Easy to refill
- May not have a spout cap
- Surface may be smooth and slippery
Keep the oil fresh for several days with the ceramic Rachael Ray oil dispenser. It is engineered with an in-built handle that allows you to pour the oil conveniently through the auto on/off flap cap spout. In addition, the glossy finish of the bottle makes it look elegant on the kitchen countertop. You can also use the 24oz capacity oil drizzler for oil, vinegar, chocolate syrup, and dish liquid soap.
- Sturdy and durable
- Ergonomic design
- Available in three colors
- May dispense excessive oil
- Refilling may be hard for some
How To Choose The Right Olive Oil Dispenser?
Consider these factors to ensure you find the best olive oil dispenser that meets your requirements.
- Type: As you might already know, olive oil dispensers are available in different styles. They range from cruets to sprayers to tall bottles and what not! As per home experts, cruets are best if you want to pour the oil from the bottle smoothly; elegant oil sprayers work well for lightly misting foods or greasing pans; tall bottles are ideal when hosting parties or events. So, identify your needs and choose accordingly.
- Size: Most dispensers can hold six to 24oz of olive oil. You can easily choose one based on the size of your family or the frequency of your usage.
- Material: An oil dispenser is usually made of glass, ceramic, or steel, besides plastic and copper. You may choose any based on the design or look. However, remember that some expert-recommended materials, such as stainless steel, ceramic, and tainted glass, can prevent heat and light from oxidizing the contents and keep them fresh. Also, ensure the material you select can withstand the test of time.
- Price: It is always wise to decide in advance the amount you want to spend on the olive oil dispenser and then make your purchase. This way, you will be able to filter out the ones that are not in your budget and quickly select one.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I store other types of liquids in an olive oil dispenser?
Yes, absolutely. Olive oil dispensers are versatile oil drizzlers and can be used to store other types of liquids, such as vinegar, soya sauce, and other liquids of thin consistency.
2. How can I clean an olive oil dispenser?
Most dispensers are dishwasher-safe. However, all dispensers usually come with a manual that explains the steps to wash the dispensers or the cautions to take while cleaning them.
3. Should olive oil dispensers be dark?
Yes, olive oil is sensitive to light. Its properties can deteriorate when exposed to sunlight. Therefore, storing the oil in a dark-hued glass or opaque metal dispenser can preserve it from degenerating.
4. Does an olive oil dispenser need a lid?
Most of the olive oil dispensers mentioned above come with a cap or lid that is exclusively designed to fit their unique spout.
5. Is olive oil better in glass or plastic?
It’s better to store olive oil in tin or dark-colored glass bottles, as keeping it in a plastic oil container can pose the threat of oxidative rancidity (1).
6. How long does olive oil last in a dispenser?
Olive oil can last for at least 15 months if stored properly in an airtight dispenser. However, to get the best of the flavor, use it within 12 months of its production date (2).
Why Trust MomJunction?
Sakshi John is an experienced writer and reviewer of kitchen products. Having written many articles on kitchen products, Sakshi understands the requirements for choosing kitchenware. She has curated this list after doing extensive research on the product descriptions and customer reviews. The best features of each product have been highlighted in this post. She has also included a few tips on choosing the right olive oil dispenser.
If olive oil is a popular ingredient in your kitchen, as it should be, thanks to its wide range of benefits, you need a proper olive oil dispenser to keep things smooth and seamless while cooking. Now that you’ve read through the best olive oil dispensers listed in this article, you can pick one that is highly convenient to use, dishwasher-safe, and easy to maintain, so you can always get the quantity just right and make delicious meals every time.
Infographic: What Are The Various Kinds Of Olive Oil Dispensers?
Olive oil dispensers are vital kitchen accessories, providing convenient and precise pouring while safeguarding the oil from light and air exposure. Understanding the different categories of these dispensers can help you assess their features based on your individual needs. Refer to the infographic below to familiarize yourself with the various types of olive oil dispensers for an informed decision.
- Effect Of Containers On The Quality Of Chemlali Olive Oil During Storage:
- Olive Oil Storage & Handling: