If you are a photographer, you will understand the struggle to click a picture in poor light conditions. You will need the best on-camera LED lights for making your pictures or videos achieve the required brightness. Whether you are a beginner or a professional, you might have faced lighting issues whenever you use a camera. LED lights can reduce shadows and help achieve the required ambient lighting for your videos. In addition, they can correct any temperature and lighting levels and help you get the required quality of video or image. To help you choose a high-end product that suits your needs and preferences, we bring you this list of best-selling LED lights. Read on to learn more.
13 Best On-Camera LED Lights For Cozy Lighting In 2024
Viltrox’s LED video light provides four filters to obtain the shooting’s desired color theme. These four filters are easy to install due to their magnetism. The on-camera also has grooves so that you can attach multiple on-camera lights at once, according to the room’s size. The LED video light has a suitable color temperature range of 3300 to 5600K and 162 LED bulbs, which can provide you with perfect daylight effects even in a darker room. To learn more about this portable light source, check out this review and testing video.
- Has both AC and DC interface
- The CRi 95 provides clear and brighter images
- Offers wide angle
- Can be mounted on DSLR, tripod, or light stand with its hot shoe mount
- Portable and lightweight on-camera LED light
- May consume a lot of power
"I've been using this convenient and sturdy light for my nightly TikTok sessions with great results. It's amazing simplicity-wise and has a decent battery life. I love the versatile mounting options and the easy-to-use brightness and temperature control knob. This light provides a stellar floodlight for all your needs."
The color temperature range of 3200k – 5600k makes this LED video light from Raleno an irresistible deal. You can adjust its brightness between cold and warm temperature, altering between none to 100% to find the perfect coordinating color for your picture. A 5000mah rechargeable battery can provide you with a power of 90-110 minutes. You can connect this battery-powered on-camera LED light to a digital camera or a standard shoe adapter to record quickly. If you are an absolute beginner, this video review showcasing a tester’s experience with using this light source might be useful.
- Produces soothing light
- Light is not hard on the eyes
- Can also be attached to a camera with a USB cable for power
- Comes with a one-year warranty
- Might take time to recharge
- May get warm frequently
"I'm quite pleased with this versatile light and its multipurpose tripod. Its compact and lightweight design and easy-to-adjust settings make it practical. I like how this light instantly transforms my indoor settings. It has proven to be a dependable staple in my kit."
The wide panel with 176 LED lights makes this product an ideal accessory for cameras. You can change the color effects through two filter sheets, one is orange, and the other is transparent, to get the desired light for a customized photo or video session. Use the easy-to-operate knob on the side to adjust the brightness between 10-100%. It can be made operational by a DC power adapter or a Sony 2600mah replaceable battery of NP-F550, which will provide you with a longer hands-free operation time. Check out this review for a detailed understanding of the high-performance product.
- Economical and lightweight design
- Sturdy and durable construction
- Filters are easy to attach
- Can work via direct power supply as well
- Compatible with most DSLR cameras, tripods, light stands, and C-brackets
- Might have a low battery life
"This small yet mighty light offers way better quality than I anticipated. It fits in my handbag and enhances my photo and video quality with its non-blinding brightness. It even includes color-changing sleeves. While I wish for the battery life to be longer, it is still a valuable piece for any creative work."
Viltrox Video Light
Raleno LED Video Light
Neewer Video Light
Best In Operation
|1 Lithium Metal batteries required
|1 Lithium Ion batteries required
|2 AAA batteries required
|6.61 x 3.86 x 1.26 inches.
|7.56 x 0.84 x 5.04 inches.
Hagibis LED light enables you to use the camera for a longer duration. The portable lighting source weighs only 0.55 pounds. It features a hot shoe and cold shoe base and is easy to carry in your pocket. The controls are located on the side with easy-to-operate knobs. It has a color temperature range of 2500-8500K, allowing you to achieve the perfect image quality. With CRI above 97 and a 359-degree hue, this LED video panel is suitable for your studio.
- Contains a built-in rechargeable battery
- High CRI on-camera LED light
- Requires less time to recharge
- Comes with a supporting bracket
- Can be attached to a microphone
- Has a good heat disposition system
- Might have a low battery life
With a large battery capacity of 4000mAh and a high color temperature range (2500 – 8500K), you can use this on-camera LED light for live streaming outside the studio. The LED light’s cold shoe has 360-degree support material and is made of strong material. Even when performing color operations at high temperatures, the RGB LED light panel will remain cool due to its excellent thermal protection system. With a superior-quality aluminum structure and easy-to-operate buttons, this durable professional-grade on-camera LED lighting source is ideal for travel photographers.
- Can be operated in CCT, HSI, and RGB modes
- Ideal light for event photography
- The design of the panel doesn’t intervene with the position of the shutter button
- Compatible with Type-C USB
- Has ten special effects for multiple shooting requirements
- The brightness of a few colors may be high even in their lowest settings
"I'm impressed by the robust build and brightness of this compact RGB LED Video Light. While the absence of magnets and short battery life disappoints, its adjustable color temperature, lighting options, user-friendly controls, and sleek aluminum design make up for those cons."
Manfrotto LED lights are compact and lightweight, making them ideal for mini-photoshoots. Eight LED lights provide enough brightness to take clear close-up photos. You can connect this LED video light to your phone via Bluetooth and operate it efficiently with push-buttons. It has four dimming options and is equipped with tungsten and diffusion clip filters. This time-tested on-camera LED light source with diffusion filters is an excellent complement to phone cameras and digital cameras and can also be used for Youtube video creations.
- Contains a rechargeable lithium battery
- Has a battery life of one hour
- Portable LED light
- Lightweight design
- Also available in three and six LED variants
- Comes with a hoe mount
- Dimmable on-camera LED lights
- Might not be suitable for professional shoots
- Not compatible with Android devices
"I purchased this item as my main light for photographing toys and household products. Its compact size and superb brightness are impressive. I've found it pretty useful in small settings such as restaurant shoots or impromptu video sessions. Overall, it's an excellent light for specific tasks, particularly on-the-go photography. I recommend it for close-range shoots."
A significant feature of the GVM LED video light is its ultra-efficient control system, which can be operated by the mobile phone APP control application. It comes with a rechargeable NP-F550 battery, which requires two hours of charging. With its 128 LED lights and a high color temperature range (3200-5600K), you can try various shades to get that right tone for shooting. The LCD display of settings/control panel allows you to adjust the hue, brightness, and saturation with ease.
- Easy-to-operate knob for color temperature adjustment
- Provides high CRI
- Suitable for both outdoor and indoor shoots
- Can be attached to DSLRs, standard stands, and tripods with its hot shoe mount
- The material may not be durable
"I find this bi-color light truly amazing - it's mobile, long-lasting, and great for color effects. While I experienced some issues with RGB mode transitioning and the lack of time adjustment in some effects, it doesn't detract from its overall brilliance. It's perfect for dark rooms with its quiet operation."
Moman offers a color temperature range of 3000-6500K. No matter what your room lighting is, the long-lasting LED light source can provide warm and cool shades. CRI over 96 can capture the brightest colors. It has six lighting modes that can be changed to meet most shooting requirements. You can use its EFF, CCT, HSI, and SET modes to create multiple special effects. The OLED display allows easy control of all the LED light functions.
- RGB on-camera LED light for additional effects
- Can offer both cold and warm illuminations
- Also has an SOS lighting mode
- Indicates the battery charge
- Has high battery capacity
- Suitable for natural light simulation for videos
- Might not provide high brightness from a farther distance
"Using this light for a client’s video shoot was quite satisfactory. Positioned farther, it mimics window lighting without disrupting the image. Its RGB feature is compelling, offering good control over saturation and intensity. I'm yet to experiment with the other modes."
With just two hours of charging, Ulazi’s LED video light can last up to 15 hours of lighting. Six color filters can achieve multiple effects during shooting. The soft and uniform light provided by this high CRI95+, 36 beaded on-camera LED light is ideal for video vlogging and photography. Five buttons help to change the brightness levels for a perfect portrait. It has a wide range of 2700-6500K to let you adjust to warm and cool colors according to the environment.
- Can be operated even while charging
- Compact and lightweight design
- Comes with a silicone cover to attach the filters
- Compatible with all types of cameras through the provided hot shoe
- Might not have a good heat disposition system
"I picked up this compact light and found it particularly handy for product photography thanks to the controllable temperature and good battery life. It has adjustable settings, magnetic color filters, and a functional and angling tripod. The mood variations offered by the included diffusers made it a helpful addition to my DIY shoots."
The camera LED light by the trusted brand Pixel has an impressive 1021lux with a six-feet long LED light panel. Its high CRI95+ can capture high-resolution images even with low-pixel cameras. The ultra-slim LED video panel has a compact structure. You can carry the LED light in your pocket to avoid excessive hand pressure when taking photos. Its in-built frosted layer for diffusion provides an ideal hazy environment for your photos. You can use the bi-color quality lighting solution as a power bank to charge your phone and camera in an emergency.
- Has controls to adjust brightness levels
- Lightweight and compact LED lights for content creation
- Has a display for battery and brightness
- Durable aluminum construction
- Has a high battery life
- May discharge soon
"I’m impressed by how easy it is to use this compact bi-color light with its simple buttons and easily readable display. While the battery life may be a point of contention over time, the included adapters expand its functionality. It is ideal for vlogging and outshines larger lights."
Vijim’s camera LED light consists of three cold shoe mounts and 81 light beads, allowing you to cover a considerable distance at a time. It has an in-built battery with a capacity of 3000mAh, which can be charged with any type C cable. After fully charging, you can use the long-lasting LED light for 120-150 minutes at its lowest brightness. You can also change the color temperature between 3200 and 5600K for adequate color accuracy and adjust the brightness level. The CRI95 quality makes it one of the best camera companions.
- Provides portable fill light for vlogging
- Compact design
- High CRI LED light
- Can be used while charging
- The control knobs may be difficult to operate
"I got this light to enhance my video meetings and, no surprise, it works wonders. It emits uniform and adjustable light with excellent brightness. I believe you'll enjoy this light as much as I do."
With multiple charging options, Aputure’s camera LED lights are suitable for travel vloggers. You can use a USB C type, D port, or Sony NP-F series battery to avoid running out of power. The LED display shows battery life, brightness level, and color temperature. It has a brightness of 14000lux and a beam angle of 45 degrees and expands the illumination range of up to 0.3m. This variable color temperature LED light has 256 beads and a wide range of 3200-9500K, allowing you to switch between softer and brighter lights.
- Offers CRI95+ for stunning picture quality
- Lightweight and compact LED lights for cameras
- Efficient heat disposition mechanism
- Offers varied illuminations
- Battery-powered LED light
- Comes with a cold shoe mount
- The material may not be durable
"The product is impressively bright for something so compact. It is great for my video channel and even studio use. The battery life is decent, though a power supply is recommended for continuous work."
One of the Vidpro LED video light kit’s primary functions is its built-in barn doors, which can be used to reduce shadows in addition to its brightness control system. The color temperature adjustment knob of this quality lighting option is located behind the panel, and you can adjust the shades between 3200 and 5600K. The on-camera LED light with barn doors has a rechargeable battery, which can be charged with an AC/DC power adapter. Even with a lightweight structure, this high-end on-camera LED lighting kit can provide high and adjustable brightness for your pictures.
- Slim and pocket-friendly model
- Adjustable brightness on-camera light
- Comes with an adjustable shoe mount
- Brightness can be adjusted to the required level
- Offers both wide-angle and standard angle
- May not have proper heat disposition system
"This light is a tad larger than anticipated, but it fits the bill for brightening my photo shoots. It easily adjusts from low to bright settings, and the light quality enhances my photos significantly."
How To Choose The Right On-Camera LED Light?
Here are the crucial features to consider while purchasing an on-camera LED light.
- Price: To find an on-camera light, you must first note down its features and narrow down the list from there. This way, you can find an LED light panel of your choice within your budget.
- Wattage output: This factor determines the power or light output of the on-camera LED light panel. You can decide this factor after considering your working environment and the amount of lighting required.
- Place: For outdoor use, you may need a light source with subtle shades. However, if you are working indoors or taking night shots, you may need equipment that can provide an intense beam with adjustable brightness and color temperature.
- Battery: If you want to shoot outdoors, consider models with longer battery life. The LED light must have a minimum of two hours of battery life. Typically, low-power LED panels have a longer battery life.
- Power source: Power source is an essential factor to consider. If you travel frequently, consider a model with a built-in rechargeable battery. An LED light with a panel that works on direct power supply is suitable for people who work indoors. Models that work with a USB cable are ideal for travel videographers.
- Color temperature: The higher the color temperature, the cooler and whiter the shade. The unit is Kelvin (K).
- Lux: This is the distance that light can travel and represents the power source. It depends on the distance you plan to cover with the LED panel.
- Portability: Most videographers require an on-camera to get the ideal light at any location. Bulky on-camera lights cannot meet this purpose. Therefore, consider a lightweight and compact model.
Amanda Barrett, an award-winning photographer, says, “When choosing a light for your camera, keep a few crucial things in mind. You’ll want to consider your budget first. Next, decide on a color temperature that best suits your space, and look for those details in the specs. Decide if you’d like to use the flash mode or constant light. And most importantly, have fun with it and experiment with different lighting to decide what you like best.”
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are LED lights good for photography?
Unlike studio lights, LED lights do not overheat. Since the quality of lighting influence the quality of the images and videos, these lights offer more continuous and powerful light than regular bulbs, which helps achieve high-quality images.
2. How many lumens do I need for photography?
On average, you need 1000 lumens for the best photography, and it helps cover greater distance. You can also calculate the required lumens by multiplying the room square footage with the foot candle or lighting required.
3. Where should lights be placed in photography?
In photography, LED lights should be placed behind the subject. Ensure that the light does not fall on the tip of the nose or lips or onto the face directly.
4. Can I use camera LED lights for normal use?
No, camera LED lights cannot be used for normal purposes because camera LED lights are more powerful and brighter than normal lights.
5. How long does the on-camera LED light last?
On-camera LED lights last longer than the regular studio lights. Some superior-quality LED lights may last up to ten years.
6. Is the on-camera LED light worth it?
On-camera LED lights have become a popular choice for those who prefer continuous lighting over flash. They are also considered a replica of natural light.
Why Trust MomJunction?
To help you make the best out of your camera shots, our writer and reviewer, Wedetso Chirhah, has created this list for you. This list of the best on-camera LED lights has been selected after careful research and comparisons. He has considered the charging features, portability, compactness, the wavelength of the light, reviews, and much more to prepare this list. A few other features that make these on-camera LED lights a worthy purchase have also been listed. This post also has a buying guide to help you choose better.
Click amazing pictures even under poor lighting conditions by investing in high-quality on-camera LED lights with an intense beam. When choosing the best ones for clicking flawless pictures, you should consider the wattage output, color temperature options, and lux, among other features. To take photographs anytime, anywhere, the LED lights should also be compact, lightweight, portable, and have good battery life. The best of the lot also comes with a highly adjustable shoe mount and allows you to alter the brightness levels. We recommend the Viltrox Video Light with multiple filters, the Neewer Video Light with adjustable brightness and two filter sheets, and the portable Ulanzi U-Bright Video Light for its quality battery.
Infographic: What Are The Advantages Of Using On-Camera LED Lights?
On-camera LED lights are essential accessories for photographers and videographers, offering versatile on-camera lighting options for various shooting scenarios. Explore the infographic below to discover the merits of on-camera LED lights and how they can enhance your photography skills.