No matter how good your camera is, the quality of videos or pictures may not be optimal in low light conditions. Whether you are a professional photographer or a photography enthusiast, lighting is critical to the quality of videos or photos.
On-camera LED lights are essential in photography because they can eliminate dark shadows, provide ambient lighting effects, achieve a perfect balance and provide the correct lighting color for images or videos.
An on-camera LED light consists of an array of lighting beads with varying color temperatures and brightness levels. They illuminate the surroundings when you are shooting a video or a picture and can be adjusted to various shades as needed.
Check out our list of the 13 best on-camera LED lights for achieving brighter videos and images.
Top Products From Our List
13 Best On-Camera LED Lights
Viltrox’s LED video light provides four filters to obtain the shooting’s desired color theme. These four filters are easy to install due to their magnetism. The on-camera also has grooves so that you can attach multiple on-camera lights at once, according to the room’s size. The LED video light has a suitable color temperature range of 3300-5600K and 162 LED bulbs, which can provide you with perfect daylight effects even in adarker room.
- Has both AC and DC interface
- The CRi 95 provides clear and brighter images
- Offers wide angle
- Can be mounted on DSLR, tripod, or light stand with its hot shoe mount
- Lightweight and portable lamp
- May consume a lot of power
The color temperature range of 3200 – 5600k makes this LED video light from Raleno an irresistible deal. You can adjust its brightness between cold and warm temperature, altering between none to 100% to find the perfect coordinating color for your picture. A 5000mah rechargeable battery can provide you with a power of 90-110 minutes. You can connect it to a digital camera or a standard shoe adapter to record quickly.
- Produces soothing light
- Light is not hard on the eyes
- Can also be attached to a camera with a USB cable for power
- Comes with a one-year warranty
- Might take time to recharge
- May get warm frequently
The wide panel with 176 LED lights makes this product an ideal accessory for cameras. You can change the color effects through two filter sheets, one is orange, and the other is transparent, to get the perfect light for photos and videos. Use the easy-to-operate knob on the side to adjust the brightness between 10-100%. It can be powered by a DC adapter or by a Sony 2600mah replaceable battery of NP-F550, which will provide you with a longer hands-free operation time.
- Economica land lightweight design
- Sturdy and durable construction
- Filters are easy to attach
- Compatible with most DSLR cameras, tripods, light stands, and C-brackets
- Might have a low battery life
Hagibis LED light enables you to use the camera for a longer duration. The portable model weighs only 0.55 pounds with a hot shoe and cold shoe base and easy to carry in your pocket. The controls are located on the side with easy-to-operate knobs. By adjusting the color temperature in a fantastic range of 2500-8500K, you can achieve the perfect image quality. With CRI above 97 and a 359-degree hue, this LED video panel is suitable for your studio.
- Contains a built-in rechargeable battery
- Requires less time to recharge
- Comes with a supporting bracket
- Can be attached to a microphone
- Has a good heat disposition system
- Might have a low battery life
With a large battery capacity of 4000mAh and a high color temperature range of 2500 – 8500K, you can use this on-camera LED light for live streams outside the studio. The LED light’s cold shoe has 360-degree support material and is made of strong material. Even when performing color operations at high temperatures, the RGB LED light panel will remain cool due to its excellent thermal protection system. With a durable aluminum structure and easy-to-operate buttons, this on-camera is ideal for travel photographers.
- Can be operated in CCT, HSI, and RGB modes
- The design of the panel doesn’t intervene with the position of the shutter button
- Compatible with Type-C USB
- Has ten lighting effects for multiple shooting requirements
- The brightness of a few colors may be high even in their lowest settings
Manfrotto LED lights are compact and lightweight, making them ideal for mini-photoshoots. Eight LED lights provide enough brightness to take clear close-up photos. You can connect this video light to your phone via Bluetooth and operate it efficiently with push-buttons. It has four dimming options and is equipped with tungsten and diffusion clipfilters. It is an excellent complement to phone cameras and digital cameras.
- Contains a rechargeable lithium battery
- Has a battery life of one hour
- Portable and lightweight design
- Also available in three and six LED variants
- Comes with a hoe mount
- Might not be suitable for professional shoots
- Not compatible with Android devices
A significant feature of the GVM LED video light is its control system, which can be operated by the mobile phone APP control application. It comes with a rechargeable NP-F550 battery, which requires two hours of charging. With its 128 LED lights and a color temperature range of 3200-5600K, you can try various shades to get that right tone for shooting. The LCD control panel allows you to adjust the hue, brightness, and saturation.
- Easy-to-operate knob for color temperature adjustment
- Provides high CRI
- Suitable for both outdoor and indoor shoots
- Can be attached to DSLRs, standard stands, and tripods with its hot shoe mount
- The material may not be durable
Moman offers a color temperature range of 3000-6500K. No matter what your room lightning is, the on-camera LED light can provide warm and cool shades. CRI over 96 can capture the brightest colors. It has six lighting modes that can be changed to meet most shooting requirements. You can use its EFF, CCT, HSI, and SET modes to create multiple effects. OLED display allows easy control of all the LED light functions.
- Provides RGB effects
- Can offer both cold and warm illuminations
- Also has an SOS lighting mode
- Indicates the battery charge
- Has high battery capacity
- Might not provide high brightness from a farther distance
With just two hours of charging, Ulazi’s LED video light can last up to 15 hours of lighting. Six color filters can achieve multiple effects during shooting. The soft light provided by this high CRI95+, 36 beaded on-camera LED light is ideal for video vlogging and photography. Five buttons help to change the brightness levels for a perfect portrait. According to the environment, you can adjust to warm and cool colors with a color temperature range of 2700-6500K.
- Can be operated even while charging
- Compact and lightweight design
- Comes with a silicone cover to attach the filters
- Compatible with all types of cameras through the provided hot shoe
- Might not have a good heat disposition system
The Pixel camera’s LED lighthas an impressive 1021lux with a six-feet long LED light panel. Its high CRI95+ can capture high-resolution images even with low-pixel cameras. The ultra-slim LED video panel has a compact structure. You can carry the LED light in your pocket to avoid excessive hand pressure when taking photos. Its in-built frosted layer for diffusion provides an ideal hazy environment for your photos. You can use the camera light as a power bank to charge your phone and camera in an emergency.
- Has controls for altering brightness
- Lightweight and compact design
- Has a display for battery and brightness
- Durable aluminum construction
- Has a high battery life
- May discharge soon
Vijim’s camera LED light consists of three cold shoe mounts and 81 light beads, allowing you to cover a considerable distance at a time. It has an in-built battery with a capacity of 3000mAh, which can be charged with any type C cable. After fully charging, you can use the LED light for 120-150 minutes at its lowest brightness. You can also change the color temperature between 3200-5600K and adjust the brightness level without flickering. The CRI95 quality makes it one of the best camera companions.
- Silicone cover reduces softness
- Easy-to-operate power and color temperature knobs
- Portable and compact design
- Can be used while charging
- The control knobs may be difficult to operate
With multiple charging options, Aputure’s camera LED lights are suitable for travel vloggers. You can use a USB C type, D port, or Sony NP-F series battery to avoid running out of power. The LED display shows battery life, brightness level, and color temperature. It has a brightness of 14000lux and a beam angle of 45degreesand expands the illumination range of up to 0.3m. It has 256 beads, and the color temperature range of 3200-9500K so that you can choose the shade according to your needs.
- Offers CRI95+ for stunning picture quality
- Compact and lightweight
- Efficient heat disposition mechanism
- Offers varied illuminations
- Comes with a cold shoe mount
- The material may not be durable
One of the Vidpro LED video light kit’sprimary functions is its built-in barn doors, which can be used to reduce shadows in addition to its brightness control system. The color temperature adjustment knob is located behind the panel and you can adjust the shades between 3200-5600K. It has a rechargeable battery, which can be charged with AC/DC adapter. Even with a lightweight structure, this model can provide high and adjustable brightness for your pictures.
- Slim and pocket-friendly model
- Comes with an adjustable shoe mount
- Brightness can be adjusted to the required level
- Offers both wide-angle and standard angle
- May not have proper heat disposition system
How To Choose The Right On-Camera LED Light
Here are the crucial features to consider while purchasing the right on-camera LED light:
- Price: To find an on-camera light, you must first note down its features and narrow down the list from there. This way, you can find an LED light panel of your choice within your budget.
- Wattage output: This factor determines the power output of the on-camera LED light. You can decide this factor after considering your working environment and the amount of lighting required.
- Place: For outdoor use, you may need lights with subtle shades. However, if you are working indoors or taking night shots, you may need equipment that can provide intense beam with adjustable brightness and color temperature.
- Battery: If you want to shoot outdoors, consider models with longer battery life. The LED light must have a minimum of two hours of battery life. Typically, low-power LED panels have a longer battery life.
- Power source: Power source is an essential factor to consider. If you travel frequently, consider a model with a built-in rechargeable battery. An LED light with a panel that works on the direct power source is suitable for people who work indoors. Models that work with a USB cable is ideal for travel videographers.
- Color temperature: The higher the color temperature, the cooler and whiter the shade. The unit is Kelvin (K).
- Lux: This is the distance that light can travel and represents the power source. It depends on the distance you plan to cover with the LED panel.
- Portability: Most videographers require an on-camera to get the ideal light at any location. Bulky on-camera lights cannot meet this purpose. Therefore, consider a lightweight and compact model.
Right light is essential to obtain high-quality pictures or videos. These LED lights will add a sense of professionalism to your photos. You can choose from our list of the 13 best on-camera LED lights for the perfect lighting for your pictures and videos.