Add the best one-piece toilet to your bathroom to save space and for easy maintenance. One-piece toilets are delivered as a single unit, integrating the toilet bowl, water tank, and base.
In this post, we bring you the best one-piece toilet for your home. These toilets are less likely to get dirty or covered in moss than regular toilets. They also have an aesthetic and sleek design and are not just minimalistic but also fit into smaller places well.
Most one-piece toilets are simple to maintain and have effective clogless flushing systems. So, if you want to invest in an easy-to-clean and reliable one-piece toilet, here are some of the best ones for you to choose from.
11 Best One-Piece Toilets
With a super-quiet flushing design, the Woodbridge Dual-Flush Elongated One-Piece Toilet is designed for comfort and ease of use. The contemporary toilet made of porcelain is clean and sleek and complements different interior styles, making it one of the most stylish one-piece toilets you can bring home. It has an easy-to-clean design with a skirted trap way for maximum comfort. This ADA-compliant one-piece toilet comes with a Siphon flushing design that has a fully-glazed flush to eliminate the chances of any clogs or leaks. It also includes a professional installation instruction manual, making installation a breeze. Here’s a review video to help you get a better understanding of the product.
- Powerful flushing mechanism
- High-end soft closing seat
- Stainless steel, durable seat hinge
- WaterSense Certified toilet
- ADA compliant
- Some may find the force of the flush slightly weak
"The solid build of this toilet has helped it survive multiple relocations, and the dual-slush system has allowed me to save gallons of water. While the placement of screws can make installation tricky, the clean lines and ease of maintenance have been significant advantages. All in all, with just a few tweaks, this toilet has been serving me well."
This time-tested WaterSense one-piece toilet from Toto UltraMax could well be one of the best flushing one-piece toilets you can bring home. It functions at 1.28 gallons per flush with a powerful tornado flush system. The cotton-white cefiontect glaze gives the toilet bowl a lubricious quality that prevents particles from sticking to it and the universal height allows for a more comfortable seating position. Using 2 powerful nozzles, the Double Cyclone flushing system creates a forceful centrifugal action that cleans the rim and bowl thoroughly with every flush. Click here to check out a detailed personal review of this product.
- Has a double-cyclone flushing system
- ADA compliant
- Soft close seat included
- WaterSense, CALGreen, and CEC compliant
- Some may find it difficult to unclog the toilet owing to its slender shape
With dual-flush technology, the Swiss Madison Sublime II One-piece Toilet has a high-performance gravity of 0.8-1.28 gallons per flush. It has a seamless one-piece porcelain design that is compact yet ensures plenty of room for comfort in tiny spaces. This gravity-flush one-piece toilet, with its sleek design, drops seamlessly into a fully skirted smaller bowl, providing a comfortable experience for all. This product is a compact yet simple one-piece option for smaller installation areas. To understand the nuances of the affordable one-piece toilet in detail, you can check out this review.
- Easy-to-clean design
- Soft-closing seat
- A quick-release seat that can be unlatched
- No extra cleaning tools required
- Some may find this toilet to be slightly small for comfortable use
"This compact toilet has been the perfect find for my small bathroom. Though the aesthetic is sleek, it posed a slight installation challenge due to the tight space for bolting it down. However, the water closet has seamlessly blended in with the other fixtures of my bathroom."
WOODBRIDGE Dual-Flush Elongated One-Piece Toilet
TOTO UltraMax One-Piece Toilet
Swiss Madison Sublime II One-Piece Toilet
|White with Chrome Button.
|28.3"D x 16.5"W x 28.7"H
|24"D x 13.8"W x 27.3"H
The American Standard Colony One-Piece Toilet comes with the luxury of reaching crevices to enable easy cleaning. This tried-and-tested low-profile one-piece toilet has an accessible rim height with an elongated design for maximum comfort. The one-piece design has a slow-close seat and lid with a clean and sleek look that can add to the elegance and modern touch of your bathroom. It boasts a polished chrome finish and a side-mounted trip lever and uses just 1.28 gallons of water per flush, making it a highly sustainable option.
- Compact and saves space
- Hygienic option
- High-efficiency toilet
- Easy to clean
- Some may find it difficult to assemble
"Its sleek design fit into my bathroom seamlessly, and the powerful flush has been handling large waste volumes without a hitch. While the seat quality could have been better, the overall experience has been positive."
The Horow Dual Flush One-Piece Toilet is the perfect fit for small bathrooms. The compact design works well to not just save space but can also be easily installed. With a floor mounting option, this one-piece toilet comes with a preinstalled 0.5-inch waterline and a durable seat fitting. This super quiet one-piece toilet also features a powerful fully-glazed siphon flush that smoothly operates without any clogging. This leak-proof design has a highly efficient 1.6GPF/1.1GPF dual flush option with a self-cleaning spray to let you save water.
- cUPC-certified and CEC-compliant
- Comes with a 5-year warranty against staining or fading of porcelain glaze
- Hassle-free replacement of parts
- Has a 3-year warranty on the flushing mechanism and soft-closing toilet seat lid
- It may have a small back room with limited space for a supply valve.
"I would recommend this toilet for its space-saving design and functionality. Although the installation instructions were unclear, it's a commendable product, working as expected. Also, it's easy to clean, which is a big plus."
The DeerValley Dual Flush Elongated Standard One-Piece Toilet is a modern standard design with a sleek build that’s apt for modern bathrooms. The glazed surface of this one-piece design has a self-cleaning feature that is not only simple to maintain but also easy to navigate when compared to a two-piece toilet design. The efficient dual-flush toilet with a 1.28 GPF is quiet, powerful, and leaves your toilet leak-proof and clog-free. This quality-tested product can also be easily installed and comes with a supply line adaptor that makes it simple to connect to the waterline.
- Sleek ADA height design
- Comes with an easy installation instruction manual
- Water conservative design
- Fully-glazed flush
- Some may find the toilet seat to be rather narrow in size
"This toilet’s dual flush mechanism and ease of cleaning are much appreciated. The process of fitting the bidet was challenging due to its unique seat connection. However, the overall comfort and functionality have met my expectations. Hence, it gets my approval."
The Kohler San Souci Compact One-Piece Toilet is an elongated model that has a seamless tank and bowl design that enables easy cleaning. With an added occupying comfort, this one-piece toilet takes up similar space as a round-front bowl would. The low-profile contemporary design has an accessible-height and uses only 1.28 gallons per flush. Additionally, this one-piece toilet features an innovative flush engine Aqua Piston technology for a virtually plug-free flush.
- Compact design
- Enhanced design with a concealed trapway and clean cap
- Comes with a quiet-close seat
- Grip tight toilet seat feature
- Water-efficient design
- Some may find assembling the toilet to be a bit of a hassle
The Fine Fixtures toilet is an efficient option as it comes with a high-efficiency dual flush system that helps you save water. The R&T cUPC-certified water flush valve enables you to save up to 4,000 gallons of water per year, as compared to dual-piece toilets. The durable one-piece toilet also has a soft closing seat that may prevent slamming or other damages related to rough seat use. Its glazed surface prevents bacterial growth and is less likely to stain easily. Additionally, it has a 2-inch wide trapway that drastically reduces the chances of clogging or overflowing.
- Rounded siphon action bowl
- Inhibits mold and mildew growth on the glazed surface
- Dual flush
- Easy to install and clean
- Noiseless seat design
- Comes with a 5-year warranty
- May not be suitable for medium-sized bathrooms
"This compact seat fits well in my bathroom, and the powerful flush and mindful water usage are definite perks. While functional with impressive features, its seating space can seem limited. Overall, it serves its purpose effectively."
9. Best Smart Toilet: Vovo Stylement TCB-090SA Smart Bidet Toilet
The TCB-090SA by Vovo is a compact and conveniently sized one-piece toilet with an S-trap design and integrated smart technology. Featuring a smart flushing system, it automatically determines whether a small or large flush is needed based on the time spent on the toilet, enabling you to save water. Its wireless remote control allows you to operate the automatic deodorization system. Additionally, this toilet seat model includes a built-in UV sterilization mechanism that automatically cleans the bowl, making it more hygienic to use.
- Motion sensor-based lid open/close mechanism
- Seat heating feature at three temperatures
- Air dryer with adjustable temperature
- Features a smart bidet with warm water option
- cUPC- and ELT-certified
- Motion sensors may not work if used in a squat position
10. Best With Night Function: Euroto One-Piece Smart Toilet
Illuminate the toilet automatically when you enter the restroom at night for better visibility with the Euroto smart toilet. It boasts a smart bidet that oscillates back and forth at five positions, ensuring a thorough cleanse without the need for you to move around. Additionally, this high-performance product features a hands-free automatic dual flush system, six levels of seat heating options, six warm air temperature options, and five levels of water volume options from the bidet. Moreover, this easy-to-clean one-piece toilet has an anti-fade, durable, and heat-resistant build, ensuring long-lasting use.
- Comes with a remote control
- IPX4 waterproofing for hassle-free cleaning
- Enables manual flushing when during a power outage
- Built-in air purifying system to eliminate odor
- Automatic quiet lid closing mechanism
- May take some time to get used to the remote control
- Auto open/close lid mechanism may be inconsistent
The Glacier Bay Dual-Flush One-Piece Toilet will give your bathroom a makeover with its sleek curves and elongated toilet bowl. The compact toilet is an efficient option with two flush systems for a powerful performance and helps you save water with every flush. The minimal floor-mounted toilet delivers 1.1 gallons per flush, considerably reducing utility costs. Made from superior vitreous china that is safe from cracking, this highly-rated one-piece toilet is an ideal buy.
- Dual flush performance
- Comes with installation hardware
- Easy to clean
- Comfortable seat
- May not be best suited for medium-sized or large bathrooms
"I have been looking for something aesthetic yet functional to upgrade my bathroom, and this unit fits the bill. Despite being plastic, it is comfortable and functions quietly, which is a big plus. Overall, it's a commendable choice for both style and functionality."
How To Choose The Right One-Piece Toilet?
You may want to consider performance, comfort, and convenience and more when finalizing on the right one-piece toilet.
- Calculate the size and rough-in dimension: It is important to measure the distance between the wall and the seat bolts as they can range anywhere between 10 to 14 inches. You would also need to measure the total distance of the bathroom to see if the one-piece toilet fits perfectly.
- Select the ideal bowl height: Ideally, the bowl height should be between 14 and 18 inches for adults and 10 and 14 inches for children. Make sure you are aware of your comfort height so you can conveniently get on and off the toilet.
- Choose the bowl shape that best suits your need: Choose between round and elongated toilet bowls, and it is also important to choose one that fits your bathroom space and design perfectly.
- Decide on the correct flush type to suit your bathroom needs: Ideally, it should have a convenient and powerful flush system so you wouldn’t have to worry about re-flushing. Certain options even come with a hands-free flushing option that may work better for some.
- Consider water efficiency: Saving water usage is an exceedingly important factor when it comes to selecting an ideal toilet. Most toilets are efficient and use a 1.28 GPF that ensures saving time and water resources.
Features Of One-Piece Toilets
- Easy to clean: The top-rated one-piece toilets have no tough corners that make cleaning a difficult task. Instead, you will not require special cleaning devices because all it takes is a simple washcloth and some cleaning solutions to get your product sparkly clean.
- Easy to install: The one-piece toilet construction often arrives already complete and will only require connecting it to the plumbing system of your bathroom.
- Leak-free: One-piece toilets are solid constructions and are less likely to leak because they do not have holes or junctures.
- Durable and sturdy: Good quality one-piece toilets use a modern design with strong and durable materials, that tend to make them a long-lasting investment for your bathrooms.
- Comfortable height: While larger toilets sit at 17 inches, the single-piece toilet comes at a comfortable height of 15 inches which makes it suitable for adults and youngsters alike.
- Save space: Most one-piece toilets are compact and can fit in small spaces, making your bathroom look larger and allowing you to make room.
- Save water: With one-piece toilets, water resources can be saved considerably.
Difference Between One-Piece And Two-Piece Toilets
Unlike two-piece settings, one-piece toilets feature an integrated tank and bowl. This construction eliminates the gap between the tank and bowl, which tends to get dirty. A two-piece toilet is more popular because it is cheaper. As far as the tank and the bowl are separated, it is lighter to carry and less bulky and has a taller water tank. On the contrary, the joining area is a paradise for bacteria, grime, and dirt. It takes a lot of time to clean that area. Also, you should pay attention to the tightness of the junction to control possible leaking. I like a one-piece toilet more because it has a seamless design.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are one-piece toilets easy to clean?
Yes, they are easier to clean than two-piece toilets as they do not have as many tricky crevices that tend to harbor dirt and bacteria.
2. Are one-piece toilets expensive?
They might be slightly more expensive than two-piece toilets, but they are long-lasting, durable, and require less maintenance.
3. How often should the toilet be replaced?
Generally, most toilets last 10 to 15 years with proper care and maintenance. However, if you notice cracks or any other signs of defects, you can have your toilet replaced.
4. How should I drain a one-piece toilet?
It is very easy to drain a one-piece toilet. First, switch off the water supply and then remove the water using a toilet plunger.
5. Can I replace a two-piece toilet with a one-piece toilet?
Yes, you can replace a two-piece toilet with a one-piece toilet of the same size.
Why Trust MomJunction?
One-piece toilets look stylish and are easy to clean and maintain. However, with the numerous designs available in the market, you may find it difficult to select the right one for your home. So, we have undertaken extensive research to recommend the best-rated one-piece toilets suitable for every space. With each product recommendation, we have included pros and cons to enable buyers to make an informed decision. Also, we have answered some of your frequently asked questions and given tips on making your buying experience seamless.
Top-rated one-piece toilets help you save space and easily fit into tiny spaces. They do not need much maintenance and are well-designed to give your bathroom a sleek and stylish touch. And while these may be slightly heavier and more expensive than double-piece toilets, they offer various benefits and are more eco-friendly and sustainable. Besides, they include silent flushing models such as the Woodbridge Dual-Flush Elongated One-Piece Toilet, compact ones such as the Swiss Madison Sublime II One-Piece Toilet, and other leak-free and durable models ideal for institutional settings with several rooms. When choosing one for your home, factor in the size and the shape to suit your preferences and ensure it is easy to install. Moreover, check the flushing system and ensure it helps you save water as the Toto UltraMax One-Piece Toilet does.
Infographic: What Are The Benefits Of Getting A One-Piece Toilet?
If you are thinking of making changes to your bathroom, a one-piece toilet may be worth considering. These toilets have a smooth finish that is less prone to accumulating dirt and mold. Follow the infographic below to know the benefits of getting a minimalistic one-piece toilet.