Add the best one-piece toilet to your bathroom to save space and for easy maintenance. One-piece toilets are delivered as a single unit, integrating the toilet bowl, water tank, and base.
In this post, we bring you the best one-piece toilet for your home. These toilets are less likely to get dirty or covered in moss than regular toilets. They also have an aesthetic and sleek design and are not just minimalistic but also fit into smaller places well.
Most one-piece toilets are simple to maintain and have effective clogless flushing systems. So, if you want to invest in an easy-to-clean and reliable one-piece toilet, here are some of the best ones for you to choose from.
Our Top Picks
11 Best One-Piece Toilets
With a super-quiet flushing design, the WOODBRIDGE Dual-Flush Elongated One-Piece Toilet is designed for comfort and ease of use. The contemporary design, made of porcelain, is clean, sleek, and compliments different interior styles. It also has an easy-to-clean design with a skirted trap way for maximum comfort. This product comes with a Siphon flushing design that has a fully-glazed flush to eliminate the chances of any clogs or leaks, along with a professional installation instruction manual that will make the whole process easy. Here’s a personal review video to help you get a better understanding of the product.
- Powerful flushing mechanism
- High-end soft closing seat
- Stainless steel, durable seat hinge
- WaterSense Certified toilet
- ADA compliant
- Some may find the force of the flush slightly weak
The TOTO UltraMax One-Piece Toilet functions at 1.28 gallons per flush with a powerful tornado flush system. The cotton-white cefiontect glaze gives the toilet bowl a lubricious quality that prevents particles from sticking to it and the universal height allows for a more comfortable seating position. Using 2 powerful nozzles, the Double Cyclone flushing system creates a forceful centrifugal action that cleans the rim and bowl thoroughly with every flush. Click here to check out a detailed personal review of this product.
- Has a double-cyclone flushing system
- ADA compliant
- Soft close seat included
- WaterSense, CALGreen, and CEC compliant
- Some may find it difficult to unclog the toilet owing to its slender shape
With dual-flush technology, the Swiss Madison Sublime II One-piece Toilet has a high-performance gravity of 0.8-1.28 gallons per flush. The seamless, porcelain one-piece design is compact yet ensures that there is plenty of room for comfort in tiny spaces. The sleek design drops seamlessly into a fully skirted smaller bowl creating a slender one-piece toilet. This product is the perfect compact toilet option for smaller installation areas. To understand the nuances of the product in detail, you can check out this review.
- Easy-to-clean design
- Soft-closing seat
- A quick-release seat that can be unlatched
- No extra cleaning tools required
- Some may find this toilet to be slightly small for comfortable use
The American Standard Colony One-Piece Toilet comes with the luxury of reaching crevices to enable easy cleaning. This low-profile one-piece toilet has an accessible rim height with an elongated design for maximum comfort. The one-piece toilet includes a slow-close seat and lid and has a clean and modern look that will add to the elegance of your bathroom. It boasts a polished chrome finish and a side-mounted trip lever and uses just 1.28 gallons of water per flush, making it a highly sustainable option.
- Compact and saves space
- Hygienic option
- High-efficiency toilet
- Easy to clean
- Some may find it difficult to assemble
The HOROW Dual Flush One-Piece Toilet is the perfect fit for small bathrooms. The compact design works well to not just save space but can also be easily installed. With a floor mounting option, this one-piece toilet comes with a preinstalled 0.5-inch waterline and a durable seat fitting. The fully-glazed siphon flush is super quiet and powerful, without the chance of clogging. This leak-proof design has a highly-efficient dual flush with a self-cleaning spray and a 1.28 GPF usage, which also lets you save water.
- cUPC certified and CEC compliant
- Comes with a 5-year warranty against staining or fading of porcelain glaze
- Hassle-free replacement of parts
- Has a 3-year warranty on the flushing mechanism and soft-closing toilet seat lid
- It may have a small back room with limited space for a supply valve.
The DeerValley Dual Flush Elongated Standard One-Piece Toilet is a modern standard design with a sleek build that’s apt for modern bathrooms. The glazed surface has a self-cleaning feature that is not only simple to maintain but also easy to navigate when compared to a two-piece toilet design. The efficient dual-flush toilet with a 1.28 GPF is quiet, powerful, and leaves your toilet leak-proof and clog-free. This product can also be easily installed and comes with a supply line adaptor that makes it simple to connect to the waterline.
- Sleek ADA height design
- Comes with an easy installation instruction manual
- Water conservative design
- Fully-glazed flush
- Some may find the toilet seat to be rather narrow in size
The KOHLER San Souci Compact One-Piece Toilet is an elongated model that has a seamless tank and bowl design that enables easy cleaning. With an added occupying comfort, this one-piece toilet takes up similar space as a round-front bowl would. The low-profile contemporary design has an accessible-height and uses only 1.28 gallons per flush. The toilet additionally features an innovative flush engine Aqua Piston technology, which is a virtually plug-free flush.
- Compact design
- Enhanced design with a concealed trapway and clean cap
- Comes with a quiet-close seat
- Grip tight toilet seat feature
- Water-efficient design
- Some may find assembling the toilet to be a bit of a hassle
The Fine Fixtures Dual-Flush Round One-Piece Toilet comes with a high-efficiency dual flush that allows you to save water. The R&T cUPC-certified water flush valve enables you to save up to 4,000 gallons of water per year, as compared to dual-piece toilets. The one-piece toilet also has a soft closing seat that may prevent slamming or other damages related to rough seat use. The glazed surface of the toilet prevents the growth of bacteria and is less likely to stain easily. Additionally, it has a 2-inch wide trapway that drastically reduces the chances of clogging or overflowing.
- Rounded siphon action bowl
- Inhibits mold and mildew growth on the glazed surface
- Dual flush
- Easy to install and clean
- Noiseless seat design
- Comes with a 5-year warranty
- May not be suitable for medium-sized bathrooms
The glossy white Luxury Modern Home Carus 23-Inch Toilet is a high-efficiency toilet made from vitreous china. The floor-mounted, adult-sized seat is designed to be at a comfortable height from the ground. A 100% factory-tested dual flush is attached to the compact design that is best suited for smaller spaces. With an additional concealed trapway that enables easier cleaning, this one-piece toilet design does not scratch, rust, fade, or discolor easily.
- Slow down seat cover
- Chrome-plated top button
- Has a rounded bowl for comfortable use
- Highly suitable for smaller bathroom spaces
- Some may find the installation process to be a bit of a hassle
The WinZo Compact One Piece Toilet is a modern and compact design that lets you save space efficiently. The minimalist design comes with an efficient tornado double cyclone flush system that is powerful and traps less dirt and bacteria. The one-piece toilet comes with a glazed and fully-skirted large trapway along with quick-release hinges that allow you to clean more efficiently. Choose this convenient one-piece toilet option that is best suited for children and short adults, as it fits perfectly into smaller rooms.
- Dual flush system
- Soft closing seat
- Large trapway for fast flushing
- Easy to install
- It may not be suitable for taller or older people
The Glacier Bay Dual-Flush One-Piece Toilet will give your bathroom a makeover with its sleek curves and elongated toilet bowl. The compact design comes with 2 flush options for a powerful performance, while you save water with every flush. The minimal floor-mounted toilet delivers 1.1 gallons per flush, considerably reducing utility costs. Made from superior vitreous china that is safe from cracking, this one-piece toilet is an ideal buy.
- Dual flush performance
- Comes with installation hardware
- Easy to clean
- Comfortable seat
- May not be best suited for medium-sized or large bathrooms
Take a look at our buying guide to weigh your options and finalize buying the right one-piece toilet that will suit your bathroom. Before investing in a one-piece flushing toilet, as with any other plumbing fixture, you should have a basic understanding of how it functions to make an informed buying choice.
How To Choose The Best One-Piece Toilet: A Guide
When looking to buy an efficient one-piece toilet, you may want to consider performance, comfort, and convenience in terms of the features that the product provides.
- Calculate the size and rough-in dimension
It is important to measure the distance between the wall and the seat bolts as they can range anywhere between 10 to 14 inches. You would also need to measure the total distance of the bathroom to see if the one-piece toilet fits perfectly.
- Select the ideal bowl height
Ideally, the bowl height should be between 14 to 18 inches for adults and 10 to 14 inches for children. Make sure you are aware of the height so you can conveniently get on and off the toilet.
- Choose the bowl shape that best suits your need
Toilet bowls may be round or elongated and it is important to make sure that you choose one that fits your bathroom space and design perfectly.
- Decide on the type of flushing system that you would like to use
Ideally, the flushing system should be convenient and powerful so you wouldn’t have to worry about re-flushing. Certain options even come with a hands-free flushing option that may work better for some.
- Consider water efficiency
Saving water usage is an exceedingly important factor when it comes to selecting an ideal toilet. Most toilets are efficient and use a 1.28 GPF that ensures saving time and water resources.
Features Of One-Piece Toilets
- Easy to clean: The best one-piece toilets have no tough corners that make cleaning a difficult task. Instead, you will not require special cleaning devices because all it takes is a simple washcloth and some cleaning solutions to get your product sparkly clean.
- Easy to install: The one-piece toilet construction often arrives already complete and will only require connecting it to the plumbing system of your bathroom.
- Leak-free: One-piece toilets are solid constructions and are less likely to leak because they do not have holes or junctures.
- Durable and sturdy: Good quality one-piece toilets use a modern design with strong and durable materials, that tend to make them a long-lasting investment for your bathrooms.
- Comfortable height: While larger toilets sit at 17 inches, the single-piece toilet comes at a comfortable height of 15 inches that makes it suitable for adults and youngsters alike.
- Save space: Most one-piece toilets are compact and can fit in small spaces, making your bathroom look larger and allowing you to make room.
- Save water: With one-piece toilets, water resources can be saved considerably.
Difference Between One-Piece And Two-Piece Toilets
Unlike two-piece settings, one-piece toilets feature an integrated tank and bowl. This construction eliminates the gap between the tank and bowl that tends to get dirty. A two-piece toilet is more popular because it is cheaper. As far as the tank and the bowl are separated, it is lighter to carry and less bulky and has a taller water tank. On the contrary, the joining area is a paradise for bacteria, grime, and dirt. It takes a lot of time to clean that area. Also, you should pay attention to the tightness of the junction to control possible leaking. I like a one-piece toilet more because it has a seamless design.
Why Trust MomJunction?
One-piece toilets look stylish and are easy to clean and maintain. However, with the numerous designs available in the market, you may find it difficult to select the right one for your home. So, we have undertaken extensive research to recommend our favorite one-piece toilets suitable for every space. With each product recommendation, we have included pros and cons to enable buyers to make an informed decision. Also, we have answered some of your frequently asked questions and gives tips on making your buying experience seamless.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are one-piece toilets easy to clean?
Yes, they are easier to clean than two-piece toilets as they do not have as many tricky crevices that tend to harbor dirt and bacteria.
2. Are one-piece toilets expensive?
They might be slightly more expensive than two-piece toilets, but they are long-lasting, durable, and require less maintenance.
3. How often should the toilet be replaced?
Generally, most toilets last 10 to 15 years with proper care and maintenance. However, if you notice cracks or any other signs of defects, you can have your toilet replaced.
4. How do I drain a one-piece toilet?
It is very easy to drain a one-piece toilet. First, switch off the water supply and then remove the water using a toilet plunger.
5. Can I replace a two-piece toilet with a one-piece toilet?
Yes, you can replace a two-piece toilet with a one-piece toilet of the same size.
The best one-piece toilets help you save space and easily fit into tiny spaces. Moreover, they do not need much maintenance and are well-designed to give your bathroom a sleek and stylish touch. And while these may be slightly heavier and more expensive than double-piece toilets, they offer various benefits and are more eco-friendly and sustainable. Besides, they are also leak-free and durable and are perfect for institutional settings with several rooms. When choosing one for your home, factor in the size and the shape to suit your preferences and ensure it is easy to install and operates without being noisy. Moreover, check the flushing system and ensure it helps you save water.
View Profile ›