Finding the right formula for your child may be challenging. So, we have created a list of the best organic baby formulas to help you choose the right one. As your child might have a delicate stomach and can get gassy easily, it is important to choose an easy-to-digest and gentle formula. It should also be rich in nutrients and free of harmful chemicals and additives that might harm your child. However, it is best to consult a pediatrician before choosing a formula.
Our Top Picks
Benefits Of Organic Baby Formula
Here are some benefits of using organic baby formula.
- Contain no artificial ingredients and synthetic chemicals
- Rich in nutrients
- Beneficial for mental growth
- Free of genetically modified organisms (GMOs)
Types Of Organic Formulas
Following are the different organic formulas available for babies.
- Cow milk formula: The most common base for organic formulas is cow’s milk. To produce a fatty acid profile similar to breast milk, cow milk formulas are made with skimmed milk, supplemented with a blend of organic vegetable oils. It contains a naturally occurring milk fat globule membrane, a key component of breast milk, related to a newborn’s cognitive development.
- Goat milk formula: Organic goat milk contains the same nutrients as cow milk formulas but is more suitable for babies who have difficulty digesting cow milk or exhibit signs of milk protein intolerance, such as eczema or skin rashes.
- Soy-based formula: Suitable for lactose intolerant children and those with severe dairy allergies or other medical reasons.
- Hypoallergenic formula: HiPP HA hypoallergenic formula benefits children with moderate intolerance to cow milk protein, where the milk proteins are broken down into manageable amounts.
7 Best Organic Baby Formulas
Happy Baby’s four-pack organic infant formula is created with organic lactose, the main carbohydrate in breast milk, and other carefully chosen quality components. This formula is tailored to offer essential vitamins and minerals naturally present in breast milk, with two prebiotics and fibers that promote the child’s healthy digestive system. Check out this YouTuber’s review of the product if you require more details.
- Certified USDA organic
- No toxic ingredients
- No corn syrup solids
- Might have a slight metallic smell
The organic formula with iron is quite similar to breast milk. It provides DHA and ARA, two fatty acids in breast milk that promote brain and eye development, and iron for red blood cell growth. The formula also has lutein, which can improve vision and prebiotic fiber for immunity. It uses simple proteins that are gentle on the stomach, including partially hydrolyzed whey. You can also check this YouTube video for a complete idea about the product.
- Does not contain corn syrup solids
- Meets FDA requirements
- Certified USDA organic
- Might cause constipation
Earth’s best organic infant formula is formulated for the baby’s initial twelve months as they may have a sensitive stomach or tolerance issues. It contains easy-to-digest proteins, including partially hydrolyzed whey. The omega-3 DHA present in this formula helps promote eye and brain development. It is made from the milk of grass- and grain-fed cows.
- No added corn syrup solids
- Certified USDA organic
- May cause gas
Made from A2 milk, the DHA and ARA in Baby’s Only toddler formula are extracted naturally from organic egg yolks. This DHA in the phospholipid form is readily available than DHA in the triglyceride form. Its organic whey protein is easier to digest, and the carbohydrate component is 100% lactose.
- Does not contain corn syrup
- No hormones and antibiotics
- May be foamy
Serenity Kids’ nutrient-rich, easy-to-digest formula is produced with a unique blend of A2 protein, high-quality fats, complex carbohydrates, prebiotics, vitamins, and minerals. This formula is suitable for children aged 12 months and above. The hexane-free extracted DHA and ARA are essential for brain and eye development. If you want to know more about the results, take a look at this review on YouTube.
- Does not contain corn syrup
- No added hormones or antibiotics
- May have an unpleasant taste and smell
Made with real, whole foods, vitamins, and minerals, this formula can aid in the child’s development and growth. It provides comprehensive nutrition for children aged 12 months and above, making it a viable option for lactose intolerance, allergies, and other dietary limitations. This formula is suitable for vegans.
- Free of corn syrup
- Formula might clump
Enfamil ProSobee infant formula powder is a dairy- and lactose-free soy formula. It can help alleviate fussiness, gas, colic, and other symptoms associated with milk-based formulas. This is a gentle formula designed specifically for your baby’s first 12 months. It has the same levels of brain-nourishing DHA as Enfamil’s regular formula, which helps to promote cognitive brain development.
- No added colors or flavors
- No artificial sweeteners
- Includes vitamins A, C, and E
- May have a strong odor
The information given in this section has been taken from manufacturers’ sources. MomJunction is not responsible for any of the claims made here. We recommend readers’ discretion.
How To Choose The Right Organic Baby Formula?
Here are a few tips you can follow in choosing the best organic baby formula. However, check with your baby’s health physician before buying.
- Formula stage: Some organic products may provide two stages, while others may provide up to four. Prebiotics and probiotics, for example, are commonly found in stage one formulas and are made to develop the child’s healthy immune system. Stage four formulations have more vitamin D and iron, which help with cognitive development. Consider your baby’s requirements and choose accordingly.
- Ingredients: Avoid high sugar formulas, but be aware of sucrose and lactose. Ensure the formula is certified organic, does not have corn or rice syrup, and is free of harmful additives and chemicals.
- Nutrients: Organic formulations with essential nutrients, including fatty acids, L-Carnitine, and amino acids- tyrosine and phenylalanine should be used. It should include beneficial probiotics, which can help reduce stomach sensitivities and ensure your baby is getting enough beneficial bacteria.
Why Trust MomJunction?
We have prepared this list of the best organic baby formulas for children who have a delicate stomach and need to be fed something easy to digest. With their gentle and all-natural ingredients, these formulas do not contain any harmful chemicals and additives, so you can feed your little one without worry. Each product has been thoroughly researched on the basis of several important aspects to help you pick a suitable one for your baby.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What type of water should I use for baby formula?
To make liquid-concentrate or powdered formula, you can use any clean water, tap or bottled.
2. How often should I sterilize baby bottles?
Sanitize feeding items at least once a day to keep germs at bay. It is especially crucial if your child is under the age of three months, was born prematurely, or has a weaker immune system.
3. Is liquid formula better than powder?
Until they are opened, ready-to-feed and liquid concentrate products are sterile (devoid of microorganisms). It is not sterile to use powdered formula. Powdered infant formula can make some babies sick, so use ready-to-eat or liquid concentrate formula instead.
With the best organic baby formulas, you can be sure that your child receives the nutritional benefits they require to grow and be healthy. Organic formulas are of various types, including cow-milk, goat-milk, soya-based, and HiPP HA hypoallergenic formula, and you can choose one that is best for your baby’s needs. Regardless of which formula you choose, evaluate your child’s present formula stage to ensure you’re giving them the necessary nutrients. Also, avoid high-sugar formulas and instead choose ones rich in nutrients such as fatty acids and amino acids.
View Profile ›