Parking your car in an open space or on the street may attract dust and damage its exterior. So, we have made a list of the best outdoor car covers to help you out. Using a car cover protects the outside layer by resisting various elements such as stains, dust, or bird droppings that affect the paint and design. These covers are also made of high-quality, durable, water-resistant materials that give the car around-the-clock protection from rain or sunlight. They are compact, lightweight, and come in several designs to suit your needs. Browse through our list to learn about the various products available.
Our Top Picks
13 Best Car Covers For Outdoors
The six-layer Kayme all-weather car cover is made of PEVA and aluminum film to keep the car paint safe. It has HDPE and a thick soft cotton layer to ensure 100% water protection. This universal car cover is compatible with cars up to 177 inches in length and comes with a compact storage bag. It is equipped with a side zipper for easy access to the driver’s door and an elastic band to keep it safe even in harsh weather conditions. Check out the review of this product on YouTube to know why it is one of the best out there.
- Reflective strip makes it easy to locate at night
- Elastic band suits harsh weather
- Windproof straps protects from strong wind currents
- Offers UV protection
- May not suit extreme summers
- May be prone to cracking
Autsop multifunctional cover protects the car from various weather conditions and ensures protection from harmful sunlight and environmental pollution. It comprises six high-quality materials combined to make a thick and strong fabric with a soft inner layer to protect the car paint from scratches. Compatible with cars measuring 171 to 180 inches long, this YouTube video will help you give a better understanding of this cover.
- Driver door zipper allows access to driver’s seat
- Adjustable windproof straps holds it in place
- Fluorescent light strips prevents collision in dark
- Complimentary storage bag included
- May be smaller than expected
- May require extra caution during windy climates
The breathable ten-layer all-weather car cover from iCarCover comprises multiple layers of firmly compressed high-grade fabric fused to form a single layer. It also comes with a smart waterproof carrying bag, and antenna patches with buckles to provide extra security. The soft inner lining keep the paint safe, while the elastic hem and durable reinforced stitching ensure it fits snugly on cars measuring up to 193 inches in length. Check out this video on YouTube for a detailed understanding of the product.
- All weatherproof build
- Keeps car safe from UV rays
- Windproof straps protects car from theft
- Non-scratch grommets prevents exterior damage
- Comes with three-year warranty
- Width may not be adequate
- May experience wear and tear over time
The stylish silver and black design on the Titan cover gives it an eye-catching appearance, while the soft and lightweight material makes it easy to use. This waterproof car cover is 200 inches in size and tested at 2000mm to ensure that it is completely safe in snowy weather conditions. The reflective sunscreen has UV protection to make sure that the car looks good as new. It is also equipped with a seven-foot cable to secure the cover.
- Driver door zipper for easy access when cover is on
- Security loops keeps cover intact from harsh winds
- Features a scratch-resistant inner coating
- May be prone to shedding over time
- Lock straps may not be elastic
The wear-resistant Bliifuu car cover is made of high-density 190T polyester material, a highly reflective silver surface that prevents UV ray damage and keeps the car cool in summer. It measures 190 inches and is equipped with wheel cords that tie the cover to the wheels to hold it firmly in place. The breathable cover is waterproof and protects against snow, pollutants, corrosion, and bird droppings. The smooth inner fabric ensures that the paint and wax gloss remains intact. It has an elasticated hem in the front and back to give a snug fit.
- Double row sewing gives a solid finish
- Luminous lines for safe parking at night
- Backes by 12 months warranty
- Ergonomically designed with latest protection technology
- Compatible with SUV cars
- Straps may not hold on well
- May not be elastic enough on the front
The semi-glove fit on the OxGord car cover is achieved with the front and rear elastic hems and drawstrings to ensure that it perfectly fits the car’s contours. It is made of three-layer durable woven polypropylene taffeta fabric. It has a single-layer microporous film that protects the car from harsh weather conditions, water stains, debris, and UV rays. With reinforced seams and excellent breathability to prevent mold and mildew, this cover also comes with antenna patches.
- Storage bag keeps cover clean
- Features a dual outer shell for secure finish
- Grommets keeps car secure from high-speed winds
- Available in small and medium size
- May not be water repellent
- Might be a bit large
Color Rain Time’s solid black car cover is made to keep the car safe from unfavorable temperatures. The high-quality materials can protect the vehicle from dust, fallen leaves, branches, and snow to maintain the vehicle’s service life. This universal car cover is compatible with cars measuring 191 to 201-inches.
- Inner anti-reflective coating with a heat-resistant finish
- Storage bag for storing when not in use
- Windproof straps and elasticized hem keep cover in place
- Reflective lines prevent accidents in the dark
- Layer may be thinner than expected
- May not suit outside storage
The ultra-stylish SR1 Performance custom Corvette car cover comprises a 300 denier polyester with a soft cotton lining to protect the paint, and soft cotton lining to protect the paint. The heavy-duty structure with a sturdy weave ensures that the cover is wear- and tear-resistant. It protects the car from exposure to sunlight, prevents mold, mildew, and bird droppings from damaging its interiors and exteriors. It is compatible with all 2005-2013 Corvettes.
- Storage bag for easy placement
- UV protection helps prevent fading of leather
- Made from breathable fabric
- Includes one-year warranty
- May not be suitable for heavy rain
- May cause the glass and paint to cloud up
The three-layer Farasla car cover is tailor-made for Tesla model Y cars. It consists of a waterproof polyester outer layer and a thermoplastic polyurethane middle layer to provide water-resistance and breathability. The inner layer is made of a soft flannel, which protects the paint from scratches and scrapes. The outer layer also reflects UV rays, while the double-stitched seams and fully elasticated hem ensure a snug fit. It is equipped with scratch-resistant grommets, holding the cover securely even in high-speed winds.
- Comes with elasticized hem for a snug fit
- Charge port openings for connecting to power outlet
- Ventilated mesh for easy airflow
- Built-in grommets comes in handy during harsh winds
- Comes with a storage bag
- May have a tight fit
- May collect road grime over time
Blackhorse Racing’s lightweight three-layer car cover is 192.9 inches and is made of water-resistant PEVA. It is lined with soft cotton to maintain the paint’s luster and can keep the car insulated from all-weather conditions and protects the car from snow and ice. The anti-wrinkle cover is easy to wash. It has a full elasticized hem for a comfortable fit and comes with adjustable windproof straps to hold it firmly in place.
- UV protection helps keep your car safe
- Fluorescent strips ensure car safety when parked
- Double seam stitching for a perfect fit
- Designed to be 100% breathable
- Lightweight and portable design
- Easy to wash
- Straps may not survive high winds
- May not be suitable for long-term outdoor use
Favoto’s all-season hatchback car cover has a universal fit and is compatible with hatchbacks from 145 to 157 inches in length. This five-layer cover comprises high-grade, durable, waterproof fabric and a soft cotton lining to prevent scratches when installing the car cover. It has four adjustable tie-down straps to give it a snug fit and the reflective strip across the hood and side mirrors provides safety from bumps when parking at night.
- Driver side zipper for easy entry
- Elasticated hem helps give a better fit
- Double-seamed stitching for a durable fit
- Storage bag for storing in car’s trunk
- Cover may be a bit stiff
- May not be suitable for direct sunlight
The Sailnovo car cover’s single-layer structure makes it easy to install. It is made of high-density 210T pongee fabric, which is wear-resistant and tear-resistant, has a sunscreen coating and a smooth lining. The all-season cover protects the car from dust, snow, acid rain, environmental pollution, acid rain, and bird droppings. It has a length of 191 inches and is suitable for compact SUVs.
- Fluorescent light strips for reflective safety warnings
- Comes with a storage bag
- Wheel straps keep it intact when installed
- Elasticized hem gives a tarpaulin and secure fit
- Straps may not be reinforced
- May not be abrasion-resistant
Leader Accessories car cover is reinforced with ultrasonic seam technology and a waterproof film to eliminate water from entering the car. The five-layer cover is made of spun-bond polypropylene, PE film, and a layer of anti-ultraviolet material, which can protect the car from sun, rain, snow, dust, and pollutants. The cover’s breathability ensures that the car is free of mold and mildew.
- Windproof straps protect from strong wind
- Elasticized hem provides a snug fit
- Available in more than 15 sizes and three colors
- Free storage bag included
- Velcro may not be durable
- Cover may be a bit too thin
How To Choose The Right Car Covers?
Before choosing a car cover, you need to pay attention to the following factors.
- Fit and size: There are many types of car covers, from custom, semi-custom, to general purpose. Choose a car cover that is made specifically for your car or a universal car cover.
- Elasticized hems and ties: The presence of elastic and ties or straps ensures a snug fit and prevents the cover from falling off on windy days. The addition of grommets also helps deter criminals.
- Material: The outdoor car covers are designed to protect the car from harsh factors, so they are made from waterproof fabric or heavy-duty multiple-layer materials to ensure that the car is protected from dust, debris, snow, and pollutants. Choose the car cover based on the weather conditions in your area.
- Driver-side zipper: The presence of a driver-side zipper allows easy entry into the car without removing the entire cover.
- Breathability: In high humidity areas, a breathable car cover is essential because it allows moisture to escape from the inside to keep the car dry and prevent mildew and mildew.
- Storage bags: The storage bag is convenient to store, so you can store it in the car’s trunk without taking up too much space.
- Antenna patch: If your car has a shaft-type antenna on the fender, it will be good to have an antenna patch to put on the hole.
- Reflective strips: If you plan to park your car on the road at night, the use of reflective fluorescent strips is beneficial because they can prevent accidents and bumps in the dark.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Wedetso Chirhah is a knowledgeable and versatile product writer with experience in different areas, including electronics, home appliances, and automobiles. He carried out in-depth research and scoured numerous product reviews to compile this list of the best outdoor car covers to protect your car from dust, wind, and rain. Each product’s attributes are discussed in full, along with a buying guide, for your convenience. He’s also addressed all of your questions, helping you to make an informed decision.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do car covers need to be breathable?
In areas with high humidity, it is advisable to look for a breathable cover with ventilation holes to evaporate the moisture trapped inside. This protects the paint by preventing rust and prevents mold and mildew on the inside.
2. Are breathable car covers waterproof?
Breathable covers are typically water-resistant, not waterproof. These covers repel most of the water while allowing air to circulate to prevent condensation in the car.
Keeping your car clean every day can be quite a task, especially if you tend to park it outdoors. Thus, you need a high-quality car cover to protect it from the damaging effects of the elements and dust, leaves, smoke, pollution, and bird droppings. When choosing a car cover, check the size and ensure the material is snug. You may also consider one with additional features such as zippers, antenna patches, and reflective strips. The options listed here are not only durable but also waterproof to help keep your car looking spanking new for a long time.
- Best Outdoor Furniture Covers
- Best Car Seat Covers
- Best Steering Wheel Covers
- Best Stroller Rain Covers
View Profile ›