If you are a pizza lover and look forward to backyard cooking, having the best outdoor pizza oven could be a great addition. Different methods complement the delicacy’s signature taste, from brick oven pizzas to coal-fired pizza. These expert-recommended appliances are portable and easy to use that help you make pizzas in great numbers and while consuming less time. Be it your backyard party or camping site, these ovens are easy to operate with a good power supply.
Let’s look at some top outdoor pizza ovens that you can bring home. We have also listed some factors you should consider while buying these ovens.
No products Found
10 Best Outdoor Pizza Ovens
1. Best With Double-Layered Ceiling: Camp Chef Italia Artisan Pizza Oven
The Italia Artisan Pizza Oven from Camp Chef comes in a durable stainless steel body and is lightweight, weighing 47lb. With dimensions of 30×19.5x18in, it is compact for top-shelf mounting. The stainless steel pizza oven is easy to carry and suitable for baking pizza, bread, and roasting meat, giving a brick oven-like performance.
The oven’s double-layered ceiling helps improve the heat dynamics, providing a convenient cooking experience out in the open with a preheat timing of 15 minutes. Its built-in temperature gauge helps monitor internal air temperature, and the oven runs on a replaceable 1lb propane bottle. You can expect a maximum output of up to 17,000BTU/hr. Check out this product testing video to learn more.
- Easy to clean
- Ventilated oven door
- Easy grip handle
- Elegant brushed finish
- Cordierite ceramic pizza stone
- Some may find it shallow
- May not be rust-resistant
2. Best With Dual-Fuel Burners: Roccbox By Gozney Portable Outdoor Pizza Oven
If you are looking for a portable fire and stone pizza oven for outdoor use, the tried-and-tested Roccbox portable outdoor oven from Gozney can be suitable for you. With a maximum temperature of up to 932°F, it helps bake pizza with a thin base and a puffed-up crust within 60 seconds.
The outdoor pizza oven is easy to install in the garden, lawn, or other open spaces with retractable legs and provides a safe cooking experience at high temperatures. Its inbuilt thermometer and detachable dual-fuel burners use gas and wood as fuels. With an insulated body and silicone outer skin, it can reduce the chances of skin burns while baking food of your choice. Watch this review video showcasing a tester’s experience for more information about this wood and gas combo pizza oven.
- Impressive heat retention
- Compact structure
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- Easy to use
- May not be quick heating
- May not have a door
3. Best Easy-To-Install: OoniKoda Outdoor Pizza Oven
OoniKoda’s gas outdoor pizza oven can be used for roasting meat, fish, and vegetables. The burners are easy to fire up, take around15 minutes, and come with an easy-to-use dial. Portable and easy-to-install, you can bake a 13in pizza in this oven. The oven provides instant flame through built-in gas ignition and an adjustable dial for heat control. This review video helps you know more about the free-standing pizza oven.
- Retractable legs
- Multipurpose oven
- Easy to store
- Powder-coated carbon steel shell offers enhanced heat retention
- Temperature reaches up to 500°C
- Roof may be a bit low
- Some might find it complicated to use
4. Best In Looks: Bertello Outdoor Pizza Oven Plus Peel Combo
The charcoal and wood-fired outdoor stone pizza oven from Bertello has a classy black look and can cook at an upper temperature of 930°F. You can affix a gas burner to it for stove-like oven cooking. Its deep cooking surface of 12.5x13in is ideal for uniform baking in authentic wood fire oven style. According to reviewers, this pizza oven comes packed with wood chips, cordierite stone, and wood or charcoal pellet tray.
- 13.5” deep cooking surface
- Quick and easy to use
- Good heat retention
- May not be easy to clean
- May need to be pre-heated
5. Best For Optimum Cooking: Unifit Red Stag Outdoor Pizza Oven With Stone Kit Accessory
Unifit brings you a modern design pizza oven with a stone kit accessory that helps to simplify outdoor baking. Suitable for 90% of barrel-style pellet grills, it has an enclosed pizza chamber design that allows concentrating heat from the pellet burner for optimum cooking. Its ceramic pizza stone promotes even heat distribution for a smokey pizza crust. This stainless steel cum ceramic pizza oven requires 10 to 15 minutes to cook after preheating. Its spacious interior allows you to cook a pizza of up to 14in.
- Excellent heating efficiency
- Large cooking surface
- Suitable for cooking multiple food items
- Assembly may be a bit complicated
- May be larger than expected
6. Best With Polished Exterior: Mont Alpi MAPZ-SS Table Top Gas Pizza Oven
With a unique design and compact fit, this large tabletop gas pizza oven is lightweight at 27lb and made of stainless steel with a polished exterior. With many positive reviews, the outdoor stone pizza oven is portable with efficient cooking up to 12001BTU. It is easy to operate with a single knob and includes a pizza stone for easy baking. The countertop pizza oven is easy to clean after use and runs on gas with instant heat.
- Lightweight and portable
- Adjustable airflow system
- Quick and even heating
- Sleek and modern design
- Cooking surface may be a bit small
- Exterior may not be insulated
7. Best For Bulk Cooking: Outdoor Pizza Oven Kit
The outdoor pizza oven kit from BrickWood Ovens is a medium-sized DIY pizza oven. Its 700-square inch cooking surface can easily entertain up to 15 guests. This DIY pizza oven kit can be combined with locally sourced masonry materials like firebrick, mortar, cinder block, to build an inexpensive, yet high-performance wood-fired pizza and bread oven. This kit only contains mattone barile polystyrene pizza oven form.
- Ideal for smaller porches and patios
- Does not emit a lot of smoke
- Heats up in a reasonable amount of time
- Easy-to-follow instructions
- Additional tools are not included
- Might take some time to assemble
8. Best For Easy Setup: Deco Chef 2-In-1 Outdoor Pizza Oven And Grill
The Deco Chef pizza oven is a two-in-one appliance that doubles up as a grill oven. This hybrid pizza oven comes with a 13in pizza stone and three-layered stainless steel construction that holds in heat and helps to reach a high temperature.
With a mobile setup and simple assembly, it is easy to carry and store. This tried-and-tested pizza oven comes with several accessories, such as a safe handle oven door, removable tray for fuel, removable pizza baking stone, stainless steel pizza peel, and dough scraper.
- Durable handle
- Three-layered insulated body
- Superior quality accessories
- Durable stainless steel construction
- Handle may be flimsy
- Stone slab might not heat evenly
9. Best Lightweight and Portable: Gyber Fremont Trunk-Shape Portable Pizza Oven
Lightweight and portable, this trunk-shaped pizza oven from Gyber uses hardwood pellets as fuel and is easy to install. Baking in this outdoor pizza oven lends a smokey flavor to your food with a unique fragrance and taste.
With high temperature and fast cooking features, this preheated oven can cook a pizza within three to four minutes. Accessories that come with the outdoor oven can help to prepare steak, sausage, chops, and chicken wings. This smoker pizza oven is easy to clean with a detachable chimney pipe and pizza stone.
- Enables fast cooking
- Includes front door with insulated handle
- User-friendly design
- Hassle-free assembly
- Some may find it hallenging to control temperature
- May not be easy to clean
10. Best For Rapid Cooking: Mimiuo Wood Pellet Pizza Oven
The wood-fired outdoor pizza oven from Mimiuo is specially designed to be relatively lightweight for outdoor use. It comes with a 13in round pizza stone, a foldable aluminum pizza peel, and a protective oven cover. The bottom bracket on which the pizza stone sits can be automatically rotated during baking to prevent the pizza from burning, so you don’t have to turn the pizza manually. According to the reviewers, it takes about 10-15 minutes to preheat before the temperature reaching 932℉, then the pizza can be baked in one minute. It is a fast and easy way to bake fresh or frozen pizza.
- Fuel grate with removable handle
- Detachable chimney with cap
- Flame guard prevents burning of food
- Foldable legs
- Easy to install and clean
- Pellets might burn quickly
- Might need a thermometer to measure the exact temperature
According to Oana Adamopoulos, a certified nutritionist, “Adding a few sprinkles of flavor-infused high-quality extra virgin olive oil to your pizza can enhance the taste and impress the pickiest of eaters.”
How To Choose The Right Outdoor Pizza Oven?
You should consider the following points to select the best outdoor pizza oven.
- Fuel type: Choose from wood-fired, charcoal-fired, wood pellet, and gas-based ovens as per your requirements.
- Size of oven cavity: The size of the oven cavity determines the food quantity it can cook in a single cycle. Therefore, the larger the cavity, the better is your cooking capacity.
- Heating capacity: The maximum heating capacity determines the time taken for cooking pizza. With some of the highest heating capacities, it can take around three to four minutes to cook pizza in an outdoor oven.
- Safety: The safety of the oven depends on various factors such as insulation, door handling feature, and material.
- Other features: Some ovens support grilling, roasting, and steak-making and some come with additional accessories, such as scraping brush, spatula, and pizza cutter.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Sakshi John is an established writer who writes extensively about home and kitchen products. She has researched and analyzed several products and user reviews on multiple e-commerce sites to bring you this list of the best outdoor pizza ovens that would make your backyard gatherings more fun. She has also added a buying guide mentioning the factors you should consider when choosing the right one.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I leave my pizza oven outside?
Yes, you can leave your pizza oven outside, provided that you protect it with a good cover to safeguard it from rain or snow.
2. Where should an outdoor pizza oven be placed?
An outdoor pizza oven emits heat. So, it would be best if you placed it at a safe distance from non-flammable objects.
3. Can I use an outdoor pizza oven in the rain?
No, it’s not a good idea to use an outdoor pizza oven in the rain because rain may damage the oven.
4. How long does an outdoor pizza oven last?
An outdoor pizza oven may last more than ten years. However, its durability may depend on how you maintain it.
An outdoor pizza oven lets you enjoy a pizza in the comfort of your backyard. The best ones are highly portable and easy to use and install. Pick a suitable oven after considering the fuel type, size, and heating capacity. You may also choose an oven that allows grilling and roasting and comes with accessories such as a spatula and pizza cutter. And no matter which oven you choose, do not forget to prioritize safety and a sturdy build, so that you can have a safe but fun-filled time cooking a delicious pizza with your family.
Infographic: How To Clean A Stainless Steel Outdoor Pizza Oven?
While you can always make pizza at home and heat it at the venue, an outdoor pizza oven can help bake fresh pizza during an outing or a backyard picnic for added fun and enjoyment. But cleaning the oven after use is essential for its longevity. Check out the infographic below to learn how to clean the outdoor pizza oven properly.