If you are looking for fun toys to keep your child away from the screen, we have a list of the best outdoor toys for 7-year-olds. These outdoor games can encourage creative play and imaginative play and help your child explore and become more curious. You can also play these games together as a family to strengthen parent-child relationships. Here are some fun, time-tested, and best-selling outdoor toys that you can introduce to your seven-year-olds.
10 Best Outdoor Toys For Seven-Year-Olds
1. Best Durable: Stomp Rocket Stunt Planes Launcher
Suitable for children aged five and above, this tried-and-tested and fun outdoor game can keep them away from video games. Stomp Rocket stunt plane launchers are operated without batteries and are 100% powered by kids. You can run, jump and stomp to launch these planes. It includes three aerobatic stunt planes, looper, glider, and wild cat, which perform amazing tricks. You can change the flight’s angle with the adjustable and durable tripod stand. This award-winning affordable toy designed by aeronautical engineers can provide your children with year-round fun and outdoor exercise.
- Aids in independent play
- Stomp rocket science book included
- Angle adjustable in three degrees
- Teaches children about aerodynamics
- Available in four styles
- May not suit windy environments
- Planes may lose efficiency due to extended usage
"My kids can't seem to get enough of this stomp rocket set. Their unique flight patterns give the typical straight-up launch a fun twist. It's a fantastic outdoor fun set for children all around."
2. Best For Four Years And Above: Power Your Fun Fun Forts Glow Fort Building Kit
The glow-in-the-dark building kit is suitable for children aged four and above. Including 53 glow-in-the-dark rods and 28 multi link spheres, the kids can make play tent structures, such as tunnels and forts. This developmental toy from Power Your Fun is crafted from BPA-free and non-toxic material. This award-winning STEM toy for kids enables little ones to master their engineering skills and develops their curiosity.
- Assemble through hands-on learning
- Includes a assembly guide
- Easy to clean after usage
- Educational toy set
- Available in two variants
- Rods may not be sturdy enough
- Holes in the spheres may be smaller than expected
3. Best Adjustable: Stomp Rocket Original Ultra Rocket Launcher
The entertaining Stomp Rocket launcher kit is a set of four foam-tipped rockets that can be launched using a manual air pump by your child jumping on it. The rockets can blast off up to 200 feet and make a great outdoor active play option. They are an excellent way to generate interest in STEM subjects among your kids, as they can see a practical application of using the adjustable launcher to experiment with angles and force, resulting in different heights of launching the rockets. The toy has received more than 16,000 reviews, making it one of the best parent-recommended outdoor toys.
- Easy-to-set-up active toys
- Foam tips for safe play
- Suitable for both indoor and outdoor play
- Foldable design for convenient storage and portability
- No batteries required
- Some rockets may be tight
- May turn brittle from sun exposure
4. Best Multifunctional: iPlay, iLearn 2-In-1 RC Baseball And Tennis Pitching Machine
Encourage your child to spend more time outdoors while simultaneously honing their baseball and tennis skills with the pitching machine by iPlay, iLearn. Designed with multi-functional features, you can adjust the speed of this sports toy to your child’s preference by using the two control modes — Remote-control mode to bat at their own pace and rhythm and auto mode with a set pitching time every five to seven seconds. With six tennis balls, a baseball bat, and a tennis racket included in the set, it is a comprehensive outdoor toy for playful learning and is suitable for your sports-inclined child.
- Helps improve hand-eye coordination and balance skills
- Self-regulating jam protection for smooth operation
- Height-adjustable machine
- Self-regulating jam protection for smooth operation
- Baseball bat has a retractable pole
- Assembly instructions included
- May require frequent battery replacements
- Ball capacity may not be adequate for some
5. Best For Riding:EzyRoller Classic Ride On
Gift your child the most fun and unique ride-on toy by choosing the EzyRoller classic ride-on. This pedal-free sit-down scooter is smooth and effortless to ride, as it features a hands-free design, a comfortable seat, and sturdy wheels that can be controlled by pushing the foot bar, and is ideal for outdoor exploration. The ride-on can be extended to fit different leg lengths, making it a suitable toy for kids aged four years and above. Be it gliding in the backyard or just racing friends, this ride-on toy for kids can facilitate it all.
- Can sustain weights up to 150lb
- Includes two steel extensions
- Comfortable hand brake for easy grip
- Available in multiple colors
- May not be easy to assemble
- May be challenging to ride uphill
"It has been a valuable investment for my children since it is sturdy enough to survive outside play and offers hours of enjoyment. The size extenders are a sensible addition, ensuring the scooter grows with my child."
6. Best For Hand-Eye Coordination: Blue Orange Djubi Dart Ball Outdoor Game
Blue Orange’s Djubi Dart Ball game requires players to shoot fireballs toward the target net using the launchers to score points, making it an ideal multiplayer outdoor toy. It Includes two mini launchers, six balls, a target net, a scoreboard, and a wipeable marker for scorekeeping. It is a great game to improve hand-eye coordination and can provide hours of enjoyment on the beach, in the park, or in the backyard.
- Suitable for children aged eight years and above
- Easy to assemble
- Has rounded edges
- Pop-up design for easy storage
- Some might find it difficult to launch the balls
- May not include a storage box
"It's the perfect find for family get-togethers as it supports solo and group play. It is also well-made and has been going strong despite being used regularly. Keeping the score would have gotten easier if the balls had different colors, but still, it's the ideal outlet for stress."
7. Best For Indoors And Outdoors:Wham-O Mini Frisbee Golf Disc Toy Set
The mini frisbee golf set by Wham-O is made of high-quality plastic and easy to assemble, making it suitable for indoor or outdoor use. The hand-thrown playset includes a twelve-inch target and six golf frisbees, allowing multiple players to play the game simultaneously. Let your children enjoy the next family event or house party with this toy set.
- Fun and engaging
- Suitable for children aged five and up
- Some might find it slightly flimsy
- May be smaller than expected
8. Best Eco-Friendly: Seckton Trampoline Sprinkler
Have hours of fun in the sun with the Seckton trampoline sprinkler. It is durable and constructed from non-toxic materials. This summer toy has a sprinkler hose that is 30% thicker than ordinary hoses, and the joints use adjustable switches to help prevent water leakage and offer greater water flow control. It is pretty easy to install with a provided instruction manual. You can also use the hose for watering the garden or cooling outdoor spaces.
- Suitable for hot and humid summers
- All accessories for installation included
- Water holes to prevent choking of hose
- Does not kink or generate pressure upon usage
- May require adult supervision
- May consume more water than expected
"In addition to encouraging physical activity, this trampoline helps keep my children cool during the summer. Installing it can be tricky due to the lack of instruction, but it's pretty robust and handles all the jumping well."
9. Best For Encouraging Turn-Taking: Step2 Extreme Kids Roller Coaster
The Step2 roller coaster, measuring 30.5 x 132.75 x 40.75 inches and made of high-quality plastic material, is designed to easily fit different outdoor spaces and provide endless fun and entertainment for your little ones. The slide of this outdoor playset features large, easy-to-climb steps, molded-in footrests, a high back seat, and recessed wells for added safety, protection, and stability for young children while providing the fun and thrill of riding down the roller coaster.
- Durable, double-walled construction
- Vibrant colors
- Suitable for outdoor use
- Encourages turn-taking and teaches patience
- Improves gross motor skills
- Fade- and chip-resistant
- Assembly may be a bit challenging
- May not include some installation hardware
"The roller coaster is well worth the installation effort for the joy it brings to my children. It is a durable addition to any outdoor or indoor play space, and the locking wheels at the top platform are helpful safety features."
10. Best Water Activity:Pogo Bounce House Rainbow Inflatable Water Slide
Bring the fun of the waterpark into your backyard with this colorful water slide by Pogo Bounce House. The inflatable water slide is made of superior-quality, child-safe vinyl material and is suitable for toddlers, kids, and adults. It has various features such as a built-in misting system, an open-ended design to ensure a safe water level, and strong mattress sides to ensure the safety of children while they enjoy their outdoor adventures. The bouncy house set includes all required assembly materials, including a blower and anchor stakes, a storage bag, and vinyl patches for mending tears.
- Can hold weights up to 200lb
- Easy to assemble
- Sealed seams to prevent leakage
- High-quality quadruple stitching for durability
- Tear- and fade-resistant
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Blower may not be powerful enough for quick inflation
- Material may be a bit thin
"This slip-and-slide is a summertime favorite for my family. It takes some time to dry, but using a leaf blower helps speed up the process. It is also long-lasting and continues to serve us even after two seasons."
How To Choose The Right Outdoor Toy For A Seven-Year-Old?
Here are a few features you should review before buying outdoor toys for 7-year-olds.
- Sporty: Select toys that encourage physical activity to improve your child’s health.
- Exploring: Pick games that involve engineering skills to help motivate and enhance the child’s creativity. It will keep kids busy and encourage them to learn from their mistakes while making outdoor playtime interesting.
- Safety features: Read the description of the components that the toys are made of. It should meet safety standards, be safety-tested, or be expert-approved.
- Age: Buy toys that are suitable for the child’s age. Do not buy toys that may prove hazardous for your child.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Priti Bose, the author of this article, specializes in writing articles on children’s products, toys, and gifts. She brings you the best outdoor toy recommendations for seven-year-old kids based on her research on various best-selling consumer-tested products and customer reviews on multiple platforms. She also included a toy buying guide so you can pick the best toy for your children.
It might be challenging for parents to restrict children’s screen time. However, getting your children some exciting outdoor toys can do the work and get them off the gadgets. Review the list of the best outdoor toy ideas for seven-year-olds and get ready to have a fun time with your little one. The buying guide mentioned above will also help you find the best toy for your child and ensure a hassle-free shopping experience. However, make sure to keep a tab on your child while they play outside.
Infographic: Benefits Of Outdoor Play For Seven-Year-Olds
Outdoor play can help your child become more independent and positive. Young children require at least one hour of physical activity daily at this age to stay healthy. So, follow the infographic below and learn more about the benefits of outdoor play.
- Best Outdoor Toys For Toddlers
- Best Outdoor Toys For Boys
- Best Outdoor Toys For Babies
- Best Outdoor Water Toys