The best outdoor toys for toddlers can motivate the little ones to spend time amidst nature. So, whether you are out on a family outing with your toddler or want them to go out and experience the joy and excitement of playing in the open, outdoor toys should be on your list.
Keep scrolling as we have listed some of the best outdoor toys that can keep your baby engaged for hours and maximize their entertainment.
15 Best Outdoor Toys For Toddlers
Best Outdoor Toys For The Home Garden
1. Best Easy-To-Use: Kiddey Ball Pit Play Tent
- The tent features a top entry and a step-through design so that a toddler can step into the toy and stand inside it.
- The tent can support up to 400 small, plastic balls.
- The wire frame of the tent keeps it stiff and prevents it from collapsing while the toddler plays inside.
- Made of sturdy fabric with double stitching for extra durability.
- Foldable and can be placed within a carrying bag. The toy ships with a zipped bag for storage.
2. Best Foldable: Poco Divo Play Tunnel
- A six feet long tunnel with bright colored fabric stitched around the structure. The tunnel has a diameter of 19 inches, making it ideal for toddlers.
- A foldable tent with a pop-up design, which quickly unfolds the tunnel into an open position.
- The durable fabric allows you to place the tunnel on any surface, indoors or outdoors. You can clean the fabric with a cloth and soapy water.
- Lightweight when folded; can be carried in a zipper bag.
- Fabric made with 100% polyester and the spring metal frame prevents the tunnel from collapsing once opened.
3. Best Lightweight: Step2 Game Time Sports Climber And Slide
Here’s a video of a detailed review of the product to help you decide.
- A single toy contains four games: a slide, easy-climb playing stairs, crawl-through space at the bottom of the toy, and a basketball hoop.
- The toy is lightweight yet sturdy enough to withstand the weight of the toddlers while they slide on it.
- The toy is made using durable plastic and is bright-colored.
- Easy to assemble and does not require any tools. Dissembles and fits into a box for storage.
4. Best For Outdoors: Little Tikes 2 -in- 1 Snug ‘n Secure Grow With Me Swing
- The swing seat comes with a protective T-bar that straps the toddler in place securely.
- The T-bar is removable, so once your toddler grows old, you can remove the bar.
- The swing fits into any standard outdoor/tree swing hanger using the provided hooks.
- The ropes and the seat are made with durable material to keep your toddler safe.
Best Outdoor Toys For Pool Side
5. Best Easy-To-Assemble: Little Tikes First Slide
If you want to know more about this product, here’s a video worth watching.
- A plastic slide that parents can assemble and dismantle with ease. All parts of the slide are made with durable plastic.
- There are only four components including the slide, the ladder, and two handles.
- You can snap the parts together without using any tools or nuts or bolts.
- You can remove the ladder and place it at the back of the slide when storing the toy or while carrying it during travel.
- The low height of the slide makes it an excellent beginner’s slide for toddlers.
- You can place it next to the kid’s pool for them to slide into the water.
6. Best For Physical Activity: Little Tikes EasyScore Basketball Set
- Plastic basketball stand that you can adjust to any height between two to four feet.
- Easily adjust the height by moving a slider that changes the position of the basket.
- The toy ships with three small, plastic basketballs for your toddler to dunk into the basket.
- The base of the stand is hollow so that you can fill it with sand to weigh it down. It makes the toy more stable when the toddler is dunking balls into the basket.
7. Best Water-Sprinkling: Melissa & Doug Sunny Patch Blossom Bright Sprinkler
- The sprinkler toy is shaped like a flower bed with each toy flower working as a water sprout.
- Connect the toy with any standard garden hose and watch the water come out of the flower like a fountain.
- Parents can adjust the water sprinkle to high or low depending on the preference of the toddler.
- The bright colors of the toy keep the toddler amused and entertained.
Best Outdoor Toys For Beach
8. Best Beach Toy: Step2 Crabbie Sand Table
- A plastic table with a pit at the center to place sand, pebbles, or any other outdoor play item.
- The table has a low height, which makes it suitable for younger toddlers.
- A plastic lid covers the pit on top of the table. You can cover it while you move it or to protect the contents from rain.
- It comes with two plastic shovels and buckets that make are excellent toys to play with at the beach.
- Grooves at the corners of the table can be used to place the shovels so that the kids don’t lose them.
- A smiley face at the front, in bright colors, makes it appealing to toddlers.
9. Best Fantasy Game: Kiddey Princess Castle Kids Play Tent
- An outdoor play tent shaped like a princess castle, complete with a dome and a small flag on top of it.
- The tent is foldable and comes packed within a zipper bag.
- A mesh window on the tent helps keep insects outside while letting fresh air in. A foldable flap covers the main door of the tent.
- A rigid internal frame holds the tent in shape.
- The toy ships with four sturdy poles and ground stakes. It keeps the tent rigid, especially on a windy beach.
10. Best Baking Toy Set: Melissa & Doug Sunny Patch Seaside Sidekicks Sand Baking Set
- A complete toy baking set with measuring cups, whisking spoon, and other mixing spoons.
- All items are made with toddler-safe plastic and are durable.
- The mixing bowl comes with a turtle-shaped lid, which has an in-built sand sifter for added fun.
- All items have large handles that offer a superior grip to the toddler.
- The set has a total of 19 pieces including animal-shaped sand molds, a small bucket, plastic shovel, plastic rake, water sprinkler, and a water wheel toy.
- Pour water into the funnel of the water wheel toy and watch as the falling water spins the wheels.
- Toddlers can fill sand into the molds and make interesting shapes of animals in the beach sand.
- All pieces come in a zipped, mesh bag so that you do not lose them.
- Made with thick, durable, toddler-safe plastic, in bright colors.
- High-quality toy truck with a cargo bed made of real steel for durability, even when used during harsh conditions at the beach.
- The toddler can fill the cargo bed with sand and pretend-play transporting it across the beach.
- Large chunky wheels provide adequate grip on the loose beach sand.
- The high-quality steel and plastic construction make the toy last longer.
- The toy is made of 100% recycled plastic, which is durable and sturdy.
- Your toddler can carry sand or their toys in the wagon and drag them along on the beach.
- There are no metal axles or parts that could cause potential injury. The plastic is also free from BPA, PVC, and phthalates.
- The wagon can withstand water contact. Soy-based natural paints are used to give the toy a bright-colored look.
Outdoor Toys You Can Take To The Park
- A set of 12 bubble wands within a tube filled with soapy water. Each wand gives out a large 14-inch bubble.
- Watch your toddler have fun as the soapy water inflates with air and gradually swells into a large bubble.
- The soapy water is differently colored tubes that are easy to carry and hold for a toddler.
- A single tube of soapy water gives out plenty of bubbles. The soap solution is toddler-safe, and the bubbles do not cause any problems with skin contact.
- Play the classic game of ring-toss with this toy set of a plastic pole and brightly-colored rings.
- Toss the plastic rings on the pole, which is 18 inches long anywhere, in a park or your own garden!
- No assembly required; the toy is ready-to-use right out of the box.
- Made with high quality, durable plastic that can withstand sustained contact with water as well.
Where To Use Toddler Outdoor Toys?
You can carry outdoor toys when you visit the:
- Park: When it comes to outdoors, a park is the first place you are likely to take your toddler. Popular outdoor toys for the park include a football, bubbles, water blasters, skateboards, and a T-ball set among others.
- Beach: Beach outdoor toys complement the sand and sea. A beach bucket, a toy shovel, and other such toys could make the visit more exciting for the child.
- Home garden, courtyard, and poolside: If you have a courtyard or a small garden in your home, you can install a garden slide, a movable pool tub for summers and a swing for the toddler to play. The poolside also makes a great place for a toddler to play with outdoor toys.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Priti Bose inspires her readers to buy the finest toys and gifts for children by providing them with the most accurate information about the products. In this article, she has used her research skill and knowledge to bring together some of the best outdoor toys for toddlers to enable them to have unlimited outdoor playtime. Priti describes the notable features of each toy and explains what makes them unique.
Outdoor toys can inspire your child to spend more time in the open and connect with nature. Be it tunnels, wagons, or tents, outdoor toys can stimulate fun and entertainment while building important skillset in children. These toddler outdoor toys can be placed in your garden, backyard, poolside, or you may also carry them to a community park or the nearest beach. Ensure you are buying toys that are safe, sturdy, easy to play with, and free from choking hazards.
Does your toddler have a favorite outdoor toy? Tell us more about it in the comment section below.
- Best Outdoor Toys For Five-Year-Olds
- Best Outdoor Toys For Kids
- Best Outdoor Toys For 1-Year-Olds
- Best Outdoor Toys For Boys