Oven cleaners are one of the essentials in the kitchen. They make a dreary and monotonous task easy with their fast-action formula and easy wipe-off method. With unique technology, they cling to the grime and grease, leaving your equipment spot-free. Here are some of the best oven cleaners with their features to help you choose the most suitable product.
11 Best Oven Cleaners
GP66’s heavy-duty oven cleaner is available in a concentrated form. Developed to remove the toughest dirt, be it grime or grease, this water-based cleanser can make 64 regular bottles to save your time and money. This professional oven cleaner comes in the form of a convenient spray bottle. The bottle weighs 9lb and is compact in design.
- Unique water-based formula to mix and emulsify the stain
- Contains no bleach and phosphates
- NSF-approved (National Sanitation Foundation)
- Might not clean the tough old stains
- Has an oily feel
- Has a harsh smell
The NSF-listed and Kosher-certified oven cleanser breaks down tough and old grime and grease efficiently. It works on cold surfaces, and attacks the grease on the oven racks, rooftop, and outer surfaces. The citrus scented product is developed to penetrate any area through its easy-to-use spray technique. The pack weighs 539g and has a fast-acting formula.
- Minimizes scouring and scrubbing
- Emulsifies grease and can be easily wiped away with a damp cloth
- Works rapidly on warm and cold ovens
- Contains an extendable, reusable foaming spray
- Might be reactive to skin
- Cannot be used on broiler ovens
- Has to be used sparingly as it might affect the surface of the oven
Make a messy chore easy with Carbona’s heavy-duty oven cleaner. It is safe and effective to use and makes your old oven racks look new. The cleanser has a unique three-step usage where you bag it, pour the solution, and rinse it. It leaves the place spotless with an ultimate shine.
- Includes a rack cleaning bag and disposable gloves
- Easy to wipe off the stains with a damp cloth
- Does not clean the rust
- Plastic bag might be small for your oven
- Not effective on old or tough stains
Specifically developed to dissolve grease on contact, this cleaning product is the best oven degreaser. It has a powerful restaurant-grade formula suitable for multiple surfaces, including stainless steel, ceramic, and porcelain. The thick foaming formula clings to the surface and allows easy wipe with a damp cloth to get the best results. It will thoroughly clean the inside of the ovens and the grills, leaving them spotless.
- Easily dissolves accumulated carbon
- Advanced grease-cutting formula will penetrate deep into the stains
- Suitable for baked-on grease removal
- Comes in the form of foam that is easy to use and leaves no mess
- Has a harsh smell to it
- Might lose its foaming consistency
- Too concentrated to be used on certain surfaces
With a foam-action formula, this oven cleaner clings to the dirt and grime on the oven and makes it easy for you to clean the oven. It is available in the form of a spray bottle and is of 414ml volume. It is tough on baked-on substances and contains no harsh chemicals. The cleaner is easy to use where you should leave it for a few minutes and then wipe it off with a damp wipe or cloth. It will leave your surface shiny and spot-free.
- Non-toxic and safe for food preparation surfaces
- Can be used on various surfaces, including steel, porcelain, and ceramic
- Won’t remove paint from the oven interiors
- Foam might turn watery over a period
- Not compatible with enamel surfaces
- Might leave milky streaks on the surface
The FS Oven cleaner is a gel-based, all-purpose cleaner with high viscosity. It is non-toxic and can be used on various surfaces, including copper, brass, iron, and magnesium. This fume-free oven cleaner is biodegradable and leaves a fresh look on the surface. It is also useful in removing food soils, including fats, proteins, black sticky grime, and any other spillage. You can use it undiluted with a roller, brush, or swab.
- Does not leave a residue on the surface
- Easy to apply
- Adheres to horizontal and vertical surfaces
- Can be used on enamel surfaces
- Thick consistency is difficult to spread
- Not effective in dissolving fats
- Has mild harsh fumes
Well Done offers a strong oven cleaner with a cold-action formula to remove the oil and grease on any exterior. It works rapidly on the surface and does not require any heat. It comes in an easy-to-use spray bottle that removes fat and works efficiently on baked-on oil stains.
- Odorless gel
- Dissolves the grease and grime fast
- Leaves no mess
- Cannot be used on aluminum surfaces
Fantastik’s spray oven cleaner could be the best choice for conventional and self-cleaning ovens. You can use it inside and outside the oven. You can also use it on the other hard surfaces for a cleaner and fresh look. The heavy-duty cleaner weighs 32oz and is ideal for deep cleaning and touch-up maintenance.
- Removes rigid carbon deposits
- Can be used on multiple surfaces, including aluminum and glass
- Needs a scrub to remove the dirt
- Foam action spray will saturate the surface for deep cleaning
Professor Amos’ cleanser has a strong concentrated formula that sticks to the burnt-on residue on any surface. It has a longer ‘hang time’ and removes the dirt effectively. You can use the undiluted concentrate for tough stains and the diluted version for everyday cleaning. The unique cucumber-melon scented foaming solution will leave your oven and grill shining and spot-free.
- Unique waterless technology removes stains
- Specially developed for crusty, greasy oven and grill surfaces
- Has a pleasant fragrance
- Climate Pledge friendly
- Might not work well on glass surfaces
- Doesn’t clean the old stains
The Easy-Off oven cleaner has a subtle lemon smell and quickly clears the stubborn baked-on stains and spills. It has a contemporary cold-oven technology that leaves the oven clean with no harsh fumes. This cleanser is ideal for barbecue grills and broilers. The product penetrates deep into the grease, making it easier for you to remove stubborn greases. You don’t have to wear protective gloves while using this product.
- Great for everyday spot cleaning
- Fume free technology
- Ensures no scraping and harsh scrubbing
- Remove serious messes in just five minutes
- Cannot be used in a heated oven
- Can irritate the eyes
- Scent might be unpleasant for some
Effective on residue and burnt-on stains, Yonder’s non-toxic and fume-free cleanser is available in 21oz volume. It has a gel-based cleaning power and does not contain any harsh chemicals. The non-caustic and fast-acting formula is effective on sensitive areas that are difficult to reach. Just apply it on a sponge or a cloth, and you will get exciting results.
- Non-abrasive pumice ensures a deep clean
- Work well on glass surfaces
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- Odorless and eco-friendly
- Might require a little scrubbing and scrapping
- Has a thick consistency making it difficult to spread
How To Choose The Right Oven Cleaner?
Here are some factors to consider while buying an oven cleaner.
- Type of usage: Pick the one that fits your daily requirements, whether a spot-cleaner or an all-purpose cleaner that best serves the purpose.
- Cleaner form: You can choose from a foam-based cleanser, liquid, gel, or powdered cleanser. Select the one you are comfortable with as cleaning an oven is important since it directly affects the food.
- Odor: Some are fond of a refreshing fragrance, while some are allergic to sensitive fragrances. Choose the one according to your preference.
- Versatility: Some cleansers are meant for specific surfaces, such as ceramic, porcelain, enamel, glass, etc., while others can be used everywhere. Prefer a good oven cleaner that suits your demands.
- Action: Few cleaners are effective on all types of grim and greases; elbow greases, fatty grease, etc. Some other cleansers might slip over the greasy surface and require extra scrubbing and scraping. Pick a cleaner that can easily wipe off all these greases without any extra effort.
- Price: A good cleaner does not need to be expensive. Look for the right ingredients that are non-toxic, eco-friendly, and fume-free.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can you clean your oven with baking soda and vinegar?
Yes, you can clean your oven with baking soda and vinegar. The organic process is completely fume-free and has no harsh chemicals. Make a paste of 1/2 cup of baking soda with a few tablespoons of water and apply it on the oven stains evenly. Let it sit overnight and clean it with a damp cloth the next day. Spray a little vinegar on top to remove the baking soda residue and give a final wipe-down for a fresh-looking oven.
The tedious process of oven cleaning would leave you with the reward of a sparkling clean oven, and consequently, it will make your food taste better. Using the products mentioned above will ease your job. Simply pour, clean, and wipe, but each product has a different specification. Pick the right oven cleaner that suits your needs and requirements.