Changing a baby’s diaper is not a fun task. Nothing is as annoying as waking up from a deep slumber to change their baby’s diapers. Well, the best solution for any tired parent is getting the best overnight diaper. The best overnight diaper can help you get the much-needed rest you need and keep your baby comfortable and less cranky. In addition, the diaper has better absorbency and is less likely to leave your kids with diaper rash. Check out our post to find the right diaper based on your baby’s requirements.
11 Best Overnight Diapers
1. Best Overall: Bambo Nature Eco-Friendly Baby Diapers
These diapers are best suited for both daytime and nighttime use. They are eco-friendly too. This video offers a more detailed explanation of the product.
- The diapers are made from the pulp of sustainably-grown bamboo. The natural properties make it an excellent diaper for babies with sensitive skin.
- There are no harmful chemicals, added fragrances or odor-controlling chemicals.
- The fabric is soft and breathable, which minimizes the risk of a diaper rash.
- The count of diapers in a pack can be low for a few sizes. You will have to purchase the diaper frequently or stock several packs at once.
- A few parents reported leaks. However, it can be due to wrong size selection and improper fitting.
2. Best high-quality: Huggies OverNites Diapers
- The diaper can offer up to 12 hours of protection, which is useful if your baby soils heavily.
- The leak-guard protection prevents any leaks even if the baby moves a lot.
- The tabs are strong enough to hold the diaper in place, through the 12 hours of its usage.
- An update in the diaper material has made it a bit less absorbent than before.
- Some parents noticed that the new design is more prone to leaks by morning. However, it can be so when the baby wears the diaper for more than 12 hours.
[ Read : How to use Huggies Wonder Pants Diapers? ]
3. Best absorbent overnight diapers: Pampers Baby Dry
Pampers Baby Dry can be used both at daytime and nighttime. It has a higher absorbency than a standard diaper.
- The diaper has three layers of absorbent material when compared to other diapers that usually have two layers. It makes the diaper suitable for 12-hour usage.
- The inside of the diaper is lined with solid gel crystals that absorb the liquid.
- The diapers offer value for money, considering that they are ideal for both day and night use.
- Diapers that are fully soiled tend to burst and release the inner gel outside. The gel is non-toxic though and does not cause problems on skin contact.
- The diapers give off a mild chemical smell.
4. Best leak-proof: Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers
These diapers from Luvs offer good overnight absorbency at an affordable price. This video review will help you learn more about the product.
- The diaper has an absorbent core that sponges thoroughly, thus eliminating any chance of leaks.
- You can unfasten the diaper for a quick check and refasten it, without the loss of the adhesive property of the tabs.
- Luvs diapers are available in a wide range of sizes starting from newborn size to size six.
- The diaper emits a chemical smell when compared to other diapers. It can be a concern for a few parents.
- Overfull diapers tend to burst and release the non-toxic gel inside.
- A few parents noticed that the tabs chaff the baby’s skin. The diaper may not be ideal for babies with ultra-sensitive skin.
5. Best comfortable: Pampers Swaddlers Overnights
Swaddlers diapers from Pampers offer the right mix of absorbency and comfort at a decent price.
- Each diaper comes with a wetness indicator, which can suggest when the baby may require a change.
- Air channels around the diapers allow the baby’s skin to stay ventilated.
- A quilt-like pattern on the inside of the diaper helps spread the soiling, thus keeping the baby’s skin dry.
- The diaper contains lotions that give out a chemical-like smell, which some parents and babies may find unpleasant.
- There is not a significant difference in the absorbency of the overnight and daytime version of the diapers.
6. Best eco-friendly: Naty by Nature Babycare Diapers
This is an eco-friendly diaper suitable for your baby, especially if they have delicate skin.
- The diaper is hypoallergenic and suitable for babies with delicate skin. The diaper is certified by the Swedish Asthma and Allergy Association.
- It is entirely free from harmful chemicals such as phthalates, dyes, chlorine, and perfume.
- Naty’s diapers are made from biodegradable materials, which make them great for the environment.
- Some parents did not find the quality of the tabs to be good. The tabs are ideal for one-time attachment and do not reattach if opened.
- The diapers may be a bit rough on a baby’s skin. Some parents also complain of leakage, but that could be due to incorrect size selection.
7. Best chemical-free: Honest Overnight Baby Diapers
Honest is known for making great products for babies. Honest Overnight baby diapers are chemical-free.
- The diapers provide a snug fit. The waistband keeps the diaper in its place without squeezing and tugging.
- Latex, chlorine, or artificial fragrances are not used in making the product. It makes these diapers suitable for babies with delicate or sensitive skin.
- The diapers have a good leak protection feature and can keep the baby dry for up to 12 hours.
- Some parents did not find the diapers suitable for heavy wetters.
- These diapers are a bit expensive when compared to the others in the market.
8. Best for delicate skin: Seventh Generation Baby Overnight Diapers
These overnight diapers are for babies who have delicate skin.
- The Seventh Generation diapers are free from harmful chemicals and compounds. No chlorine, lotions, or artificial fragrances are present in the diapers.
- These diapers have excellent absorbency and are relatively inexpensive.
- Some parents believe the change in the diaper design is causing leakage.
9. Best Versatile: Sposie Adhesive Absorbent Booster Pads
The Sposie Adhesive absorbent booster pads are specially designed to absorb immoderate moisture from your baby’s diapers.
- Each diaper is smooth to touch and ideal for even sensitive skin types.
- The adhesive strip design secures the pad even if your baby tosses and turns.
- These pads are hypoallergenic, cruelty-free, latex-free, and fragrance-free.
- They work effectively for both pull-on and regular diapers.
- These pads may not be suitable for heavy bedwetting.
10. Best disposable: Bumgenius Freetime All-in-one Cloth Diaper
It is the ideal overnight diaper for parents who prefer cloth to disposables. Do not go by the material for the diaper gets the job done pretty well.
- It works like a standard cloth diaper and can be washed easily.
- The diaper has snap-style buttons that are easy to close. There are different rows of snap buttons that help expand the diaper’s size as the baby grows.
- The diaper can support a baby up to 35 pounds (15.8kg).
- The inner lining consists of attached inserts that fold out of the way when removing the diaper.
- The diaper can be large and bulky when compared to a standard disposable diaper.
- The diaper can be used multiple times, but it relatively expensive.
- Cloth diapers tend to develop stains with long-term use.
11. Best For Heavy Wetter: Sposie Diaper Booster Pad
These booster pads increase the soaking capacity of any diaper. You can use it at night or anytime if your baby is a heavy wetter.
- The booster pads fit most overnight and daytime diapers. They can increase the absorbency of the diaper by eight fluid ounces (236ml).
- The pads are free of fragrance, chlorine, and latex.
- There are no adhesive tabs to keep the pad in place within the diaper, thus increasing the chances of the pad shifting from its place.
- Some diapers may not have a snug fit after insertion of a booster pad.
Whichever variety of diaper you choose, you can put them to the best use with the help of the tips we give in the next section.
How Are Overnight Diapers Different?
Changing diapers during the day is manageable since you are awake. But it can be cumbersome during the night when you need sleep. With overnight diapers, you can enjoy the benefits such as:
- Absorbency: Overnight diapers have better absorbency than regular diapers. It lets the diaper last long before the next change.
- Stays at its place: Overnight diapers are designed to remain in place through the course of baby’s sleep. They are likely to have stronger tabs and straps to prevent the diaper from shifting.
- Ventilation: An overnight diaper could offer better ventilation through more number of vents.
Infant diapers that are not labeled for overnight use can also be useful if they offer the features mentioned above. Each diaper brand is unique and so are a baby’s needs. Therefore, it is essential to know how to choose a diaper that suits your baby’s needs.
How To Pick An Overnight Diaper?
Keep the following points in mind when selecting overnight diapers for your baby:
- Fit: Check for the size mentioned on the pack of diapers. A poor fit can lead to leakage.
- Absorbency: Better absorbency is a must if your baby’s diaper is full to the brim in the mornings. If your baby’s diaper gets soiled too soon, then you should look for diapers that keep the skin dry for long hours.
- Materials: If the baby has sensitive skin, then choose an overnight diaper made from all-natural raw materials, minus the chemicals.
Tips For Overnight Diaper Usage
- Minimize liquid intake before bedtime: You can try to limit the baby’s liquid intake to a couple of hours before bedtime. This lets the baby pee or poop just before they go to bed, thereby reducing the need for a middle-of-the-night diaper change.
- Keep the diaper change to the end: Change the diaper only when your baby or toddler is ready to settle in for the night. Toddlers and infants can put off sleep even after you put them in the crib or their bed. Wait for the moment when they are drowsy and then put on the overnight diaper.
Madison Loethen, a motherhood, home, and lifestyle content creator, says, “Adding a layer of Aquaphor or Vaseline to your baby’s bum before bed can help prevent diaper rash from developing overnight.”
Why Trust MomJunction?
Choosing good-quality overnight diapers is essential to ensure your baby receives adequate sleep, critical for their proper growth and development. Thus, Vibha Navarathna, our experienced writer and reviewer of baby products, has compiled this list of the best overnight diapers after comprehensively studying each product’s specifications and user evaluations. She has also included a buying guide to assist you in making the right choice. These overnight diapers are gentle on their skin and will help babies sleep comfortably through the night.
When you use a regular diaper at night when your baby tends to wet the bed frequently, you wake up to a mess, and your baby is prone to having rashes. However, finding a suitable overnight diaper with high absorbency and good coverage protects from leakage without requiring a change. When you look for diapers for heavy wetters, it is recommended that you go for diapers made of eco-friendly material, such as cotton or bamboo, as they are safe for the skin. And when you settle for a diaper of the right size, you no longer have to wake up several times for midnight diaper checks and changes.
- Best Baby Diaper Brands
- Best Pull-Ups For Toddlers
- Best Preemie Diapers
- Best Cloth Diapers For Newborns